Twenty Seven

Choosing the Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho POV

The look on Mei's face was heartbreaking. It was my stupid mistake, and now I am paying for it. She asks me if Sungmin was mine, I didn't know what to say. Me not saying anything was one of the worst things I could do. Mei broke down in tears crying; I instantly wrap her around my arms. "I'm sorry Mei" That was all I could say.

"Sunmi told me everything" Mei started to push me away from her however I kept her tight to my chest. I did not want to let Mei go; I couldn't and I wouldn't. "On our wedding night," Mei said faintly but I could still hear.

"I let hormones take control. I'm sorry Mei but please don't leave me" I begged her. I was scared that she was going to leave me again. I fell in love with her so many years ago. Mei was the one there for me while the difficult times and when she left it was heartbreaking. I did everything I could to get her back even though she was to be marry to another man. I did not care because my love for her was the only thing keeping me alive. I can't stand to see her walk out of my life again.

"No, don't say that. Earlier that day you promise to love only me. Then at night you go and make love to my maid. Now I know those vows you made to me were empty all this time." I started to cry as Mei push herself away from me "I wish you did love me so that you could have stayed loyal at least during our wedding night. But was is worst is that you lied to me. You lied about never having a concubine, and then you lied about having a son. What is going to become of Yuri? Is she still going to an empress or is your son going to rule?" My heart ached as Mei said those hurtful words to me.

"I told you I don't know what is to become of Yuri. Look all we need to do is to produce a male, heir. Then Sungmin and his mother Sunmi won't matter anymore. You are the Empress, you children count first for everything" I step closer to Mei hoping she won't reject me. Nevertheless, she slaps my hand away making more heart shatter even more. I don't know how much longer I can any of this.

"I don't ever want to see you nor do I want to sleep with a man who lies and cheats. Let me become you concubine and make Sunmi you Empress. That way I can see less of you." Mei turns around leaving me speechless. She takes hold of Yuri from the maid's arms. Mei looks back at me "I will be moving rooms, don't expect to be welcomed in my bed" Mei leaves me alone in the garden.

I finally break down by falling to my knees letting my world collapse over a stupid argument. Mei promises to be by side, and I promise my life to her. Why would she leave my side, don't she know she has my heart in her hands. How could she crush it as if it was nothing to her? I screwed up, but I had a plan. We needed a male heir but now I don't even know could make it happen when she wants to know to do with me.

Everything t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter