One

Choosing the Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

Mei, a girl who was born in the palace of the royal family. Her mother Leigh was once betrothed to the Emperor; however Leigh and the Emperor found their love. The Emperor married Leigh's handmaiden, and Leigh married the Emperor's Bodyguard. The four became close friends as time passed by in the castle. The Emperor and Empress brought Kris to the world as the Crown Prince. A year later Leigh and Jin had Mei as their baby girl.

Mei trained with her father to help protect her best friend, the crown prince. Jin was teaching Mei how to fight without a sword, he didn't like the idea of his 7-year-old daughter having a weapon. With being raised in the palace, Mei grew up with the crown prince. However, wherever Mei went, the crown prince Kris will follow. Those two were inseparable, which did give the idea to the parents that they should get married.

One day Mei and her father Jin were under the cherry blossom tree doing some stretches before the hard training. Kris came running towards Mei and shouted out her name "Mei!"

Mei turned around and saw the crown prince latching onto her. "Kris your highness what are you doing?" Mei asked the crown prince. Kris had arms wrapped around Mei, who was standing there like a starfish.

The crown prince furrowed his eyebrows and cleared his throat "How many times do I have to tell you it's just Kris. Now come play with me" Kris said. Mei didn't even make eye contact with the crown prince because she knew he would be giving her the puppy eyes.

"No! I want to train with my dad." Mei said. In the background, Jin was sitting on the bench while looking at the two bicker with each other. The Emperor saw the scene and joined Jin. Jin looks to his side and sees the Emperor smiling and laughing at the two kids.

"They sure are perfect for each other" The Emperor said. Jin and the Emperor have been childhood friends since they were little. Jin was assigned to protect the Emperor at the age of 10 and since then he never left the Emperor's side.

The Emperor wants Kris and Mei to get married to each other, but Jin knew it wasn't the greatest idea. "Are you sure about this?" Jin asked the Emperor, making him laugh out loud. "I mean she's not fully royal," Jin said.

"I married your wife's handmaiden; she has no royal blood in her. Technically, Kris is the only half royal like your daughter" The Emperor said, but he can sense the worry in Jin's eyes. "She was born and raised in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter