08 Undeniable

Bittersweet Heart
[Gikwang's POV]
 
The tense on the dinner table is really awkward. Sora keeps forcing fake smiles whenever Bomi asks her opinion. Mina is not with us tonight because she needs to work on her college tasks. While Yoseob keeps his gloomy expression since we started to have the dinner.
 
I exchange looks with Doojoon; he notices this awkward situation but he only shrugs and gives me a sign to continue the dinner.
 
Once we're done with the dinner, Bomi tells Yoseob to discuss about the duet song they will sing on the first episode of the new variety show while Sora quickly rushes to help Hyunseung with the dirty dishes.
 
I sigh. Looking at them makes me frustrated. Sora is finally with us but Yoseob doesn't look happy at all. This is so difficult for both of them.
 
Works stand on their ways. Sora keeps avoiding Yoseob. Yoseob is speechless whenever they finally meet.
 
I walk to the kitchen, helping Sora with the dishes as I try to find a moment to talk with her.
 
"Do you need time to talk with Yoseob?" I ask her when she hands me the plates.
 
She freezes for seconds but then answers me calmly, "He is busy with his work with Bomi."
 
"Sora, you know it's work," I assure her. "There is nothing happened between him and Bomi. You know that."
 
"I know," Sora turns off the faucet. "I will talk later. I think people have the right to know that we're already broke up."
 
"Why?" I frown. They still have a possibility to get back together, right?
 
"No reason," she looks at me. "At least Bomi needs to know it. She likes Yoseob."
 
I blink. Don't tell me Sora is trying to make Bomi together with Yoseob. She can't do that.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I really want to talk with Sora. Since Bomi asked me about the issue, I have been thinking that we need to clear everything before it turn to be worse.
 
I assured Bomi that it was only an issue, hoping that Sora will be back with me. A month without having any conversation with me is the most torturing moments I ever had, other than the days during my training period of course.
 
She is in our room now but I still haven't talked to her. I feel that this is more frustrating than the days when I broke up with her before, the day she returned from Paris around six months ago due to our fans.
 
When Sora steps out from the kitchen, I immediately stand up from my seat even though Bomi is talking with me.
 
"Five minutes," I apologize to Bomi. "I will be back in five minutes. Sorry."
 
Sora stops her step when her eyes meet mine.
 
"Can we talk?" I ask calmly, knowing that I can't let my emotion control myself again. We need to talk properly now.
 
"Sure," she nods slightly. "I was thinking to talk to you too."
 
I hold my breath. Somehow it doesn't sound good if she wants to talk with me. But then we need to talk sooner or later if we don't want to stay in this awkward situation forever.
 
We leave the room, heading to the elevator. As if we have telepathy, I'm sure she is thinking of the rooftop as the place to talk.
 
"Looks like you and Bomi get along pretty well," Sora mumbles with monotone once we arrived at the rooftop. She looks at the night sky with her usual expresionless face.
 
"Can we put Bomi aside for a while?" I put my hands on my pockets. "Let's talk about us."
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I know I shouldn't be jealous with Bomi. Yoseob is only being a professional, just like what I always do. He is trying to be a good senior to his junior. That's all.
 
Even though I convinced myself that we're no longer dating, I still can't get over him from my heart.
 
"Can we put Bomi aside for a while? Let's talk about us," he says seriously.
 
My heart sinks. About us? About what?
 
"I can see that you're perfectly alright," I speak casually. "It's been a month."
 
"I've been suffering without you, Sora," he says quickly. "You know I really miss you."
 
My heart starts to beat rapidly now. Don't, don't make my heart waver, Yang Yoseob.
 
"Sooner of later you will forget," I force a weak smile. "We're still family. You said that I was your little sister, right?"
 
"But I don't want you to be my little sister," Yoseob shakes his head sadly. "Please, Sora. I''m sorry for everything I've done. For everything I've said."
 
I cover my ears with both of my hands, preventing myself from listening to his apologize. I need to stay still with my decision.
 
I mean, he looks happy when he is with Bomi. He just need time to recover from the broke up and I think he will do better without me.
 
Tell me. Yes, I'm being selfish.
 
"Enough," I murmur. "Don't apologize anymore. I don't want to blame anyone for what happened. Let's just move on from the past."
 
"Move on?" Yoseob hisses. "Are you serious about that?"
 
I don't say anything. I can't say anything. My heart aches.
 
Do I really want him to move on? Do I really want him to leave me and be happy with another girl? Like Bomi?
 
Will he be happier without me?
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I can't believe she asked me to move on from our past. She is the only girl who has my heart for the whole year and she said that I need to move on now.
 
This is not real.
 
"I don't want to argue again with you," Sora sighs. "I guess we're better like this. Friends."
 
My heart is breaking into pieces. How could she say that we're better like this? After all happy memories we had together.
 
I clench my fists, fighting back the tears that almost escaped my eyes, "Do you still love me?"
 
There were seconds of silence, making me believe that she can hear my rapid hearbeat, waiting impatiently for her answer.
 
"I don't think so."
 
Her answer crushes me down.
 
I don't even think if maybe it's only a lie or an excuse anymore.
 
"Fine," I clear my throat awkwardly, hoping that these tears will not flow in front of her. "So you don't want us to be together again, do you?"
 
Please, say it's not right, Sora. Please.
 
She nods, very slightly. But it's still a nod.
 
This is it.
 
I can't hold back my tears anymore. I rush to leave the rooftop without a word. I slam the door, rush to the emergency door, hiding myself behind the door so no one will find me crying.
 
It's hurt. Really hurt.
 
I punch the wall with my fist until the blood drips down. I don't care. I can't even feel the pain anymore.
 
I sit in the darkness for a moment. I don't know for how long. I step down the stairs, reaching my room. I open the door without even bothering to clean my blood first.
 
I walk to my bedroom, ignoring the fact that Bomi is still waiting for me in the main room with Hyunseung. Both of them storms in my room with panic tone.
 
"Yah, you're bleeding!" Hyunseung looks at the blood on my fist. "What happened?"
 
"Get out!" I shout, frustrated with myself. "Leave me alone!"
 
Once again, the emotion flows through my brain. I will regret it tomorrow morning, I know, but I really need to be alone now.
 
I throw myself on the bed, covering my eyes with my right arm, preventing the tears to roll down again. I let myself drown in the darkness until a voice wakes me up.
 
"Oppa, let me take care of your wound."
 
Sora?
 
I open my eyes. It's blurry. Maybe because I cried too much. I feel the headache is torturing me as well now.
 
She washes my blood away with wet towel gently. I look at her carefully, watching her taking care of my wound.
 
"I will leave soon," she says calmly. "I'm sorry."
 
I grab her wrist, "Please, stay."
 
I pull her closer to me and lock my lips with hers.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
Yoseob leaves the rooftop without a word, leaving me to stand on the rooftop alone.
 
I cry. I don't want to say that to him. I love him. I really do.
 
But I don't want him to suffer because of me anymore. I want him to be happy and somehow I'm not sure that I can be the one to cherish him.
 
I never knew that love can be this painful.
 
After around thirty minutes, my phone vibrates; Hyunseung calls me.
 
"Ne?" I clear my throat, hoping that he won't notice that I was crying before.
 
"Sora, where are you?" he asks with panic tone. "The others are already sleeping but I needed to accompany Bomi until her friends pick her. Yoseob just got back and his hand is bleeding. Was he with you before?"
 
I gasp. He is bleeding. Why?
 
"I'll go there," I reply shortly and closes the conversation line.
 
I rush to their room, knocking it rapidly until Hyunseung opens the door for me. I head to Yoseob's room after Hyunseung told me that he is going to grab bandage for Yoseob.
 
For my surprise, the door is opened. It's weird.
 
I step carefully and take a look inside of the room.
 
I cover my mouth with my hand; I can't believe what I'm seeing.
 
We just talked. I was trying to settle everything just now.
 
But now, right in front of my eyes, Yoseob is kissing Bomi.
 
I step backwards, turning around to the door. I can't stay. I can't.
 
The tears of anger and jealousy start to roll down again.
 
This is an undeniable fact.
 
Why, Yoseob? Why?

Photobucket