19 Option

Bittersweet Heart

[Gikwang's POV]

I leave the hotel alone, not bothering where my feet lead me to; I just need to be alone, to be all by myself, forgetting about Sora and Yoseob.

Sora didn't answer to me when I asked her about whether it's true or not that I already had her heart; she cried. I never happened to have her heart.

She tried. She wanted to make me have her heart. But she couldn't.

Her heart belongs to Yoseob.

I finally stop my steps when I realize that it is raining. I look above the sky; it's night already. I don't care about the time anymore, I don't care about the rain anymore.

While people are searching for shelters, I walk slowly, dragging my feet along the road.

I cry. My tears flow down, mixing with the raindrops.

It's really hurt that I feel like my heart is really stabbed by a dart. I knew that love is not all about sweet stuff, I knew that my way to Sora is not easy... but I never thought that it would be this hurt.

I don't know what to do anymore about Sora. I don't know what to say to her when I return to the hotel. I'm not even sure that I want to see her and Yoseob.

I can't hate Sora. I can't hate Yoseob for loving her. But somehow I can't accept them together.

Yoseob made her cried. Yoseob gave up on her, leaving the misunderstanding and that's the first reason why Sora tried to accept my feeling.

And I tried my best to make her stay with me. But in the end, I guess I failed.

I'm already all drenched because of the rain; Doojoon will definitely shout on me after this but I guess I can handle it.

As long as I can avoid Sora. And Yoseob.


[Yoseob's POV]

"Yah! You said that you would return to the hotel!" Doojoon stands up from his seat quickly once he saw me stepped inside the make up room.

"I felt better so I thought of walking around and buy something for my family," I show them all merchandises I bought. "Anyone wants chocolate?"

"Did you go with Sora?" Junhyung looks up from his phone to me with serious expression.

"Eh?" I blink, surprised by his question. How did he know?

"You two make another hot news on Twitter," he hands me his phone, showing me the Trending Topic on Twitter. "Check the picture."

My eyes widen because of the picture. A fan took the picture of me and Sora together when I kissed her forehead. It's a relief the fan didn't take it when I kissed her lips.

Aish, I was out of my control. I shouldn't kiss her in the public. I know but I just couldn't help it.

"Fans don't say anything bad," Junhyung takes his phone back, piercing me with his sharp eyes. "But I don't know about Gikwang."

My heart sinks upon the name.

Gikwang.

Geez. He must have seen the picture. That's why he didn't pick Sora at the MRT station. That's why he returned to the hotel by himself.

"Yoseob," Doojoon sighs, trying to hide his obvious sadness. "You know Gikwang and Sora are really close now. It's almost obvious that they are dating each other."

"I know but-" I try to explain but Doojoon cuts again quickly.

"We never said anything because we didn't want to interfere with your personal life even more but we can't stay still to look at your relationships now," Doojoon mutters. "You and Gikwang need to talk. Fast."

I clench my fists, knowing that this is unavoidable. Gikwang must be really hurt now, because both of me and Sora.

But how about Sora? Where is she right now? Is she alright?

"Let's return to the hotel now," Hyunseung tries to lighten the mood. "We need to take a rest as well for the mini showcase tomorrow. You still have a recording to do with Bomi, Yoseob ah."

I nod; my mind is wandering to Sora now.

"Ah, it's raining," Dongwoon murmurs, looking through the window.


[Sora's POV]

I look at my phone. It's already 7 PM. Yoseob kept calling me but I didn't pick his calls; I just stopped crying.

After Gikwang left me alone, I didn't leave his room. I cried and cried, burying my face in my hands, letting the tears to flow down.

That was the first time I cried so hard. I know Gikwang is the one who is hurt by me, but the pain is killing me softly: the pain of hurting his heart.

I knew he loves me. I knew he cares for me. And I can't return his feeling.

Why?

I turn quickly when I hear the sound of the opened door, wishing that it will be Gikwang. I don't know what to say to him, but I want him to talk to me again.

"Sora?" Doojoon looks really surprised to see me in his room; he shares the room with Gikwang. He quickly puts his bag on the bed and apporaches me, who is sitting in the edge of the bed. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head. He must have known about the picture; he just doesn't know about what happened between me and Gikwang.

"Yah, did you just cry?" Doojoon cups my face gently. "Did you fight with Gikwang?"

I bite my bottom lip, trying to fight back the tears that have come back to flow again. I know crying won't help me with my problem, but I can't do anything else.

Doojoon pulls me into a hug, patting my back in brotherly way, resting his chin on my head, comforting me, "Cry if you want, Sora. It's alright."

And I cry again.


[Yoseob's POV]

"Doojoon!" I knock his room's door impatiently. "Dinner time. Come on."

After we arrived at the hotel, we quickly get ready for our party with the other trainees and staffs. I wear my white tuxedo as well as the other members.

The clock has strikes 8 PM now but Gikwang hasn't returned yet; he did text all of us, yes including me, that he will attend the party late.

I wonder where he is right now.

And Sora is not in her room. She is in Doojoon's room. Doojoon told me to leave her alone for now; she needs time to be alone and, from the way he told me, it's a warning for me not to stay with her for now.

"Sora is not going with us," Doojoon says calmly, opening the door slightly. "She wants to take a rest."

"Can I see her?" I ask, looking at him directly. "I want to talk with her."

"Not now, Yoseob," Doojoon closes the door. "Sora is no-"

Suddenly Doojoon stops his words. His eyes widen, looking through my shoulder.

I turn to find out what he is looking at and my eyes widen as well.

It's Gikwang. He is all drenched because of the rain, from head to toe.

"Yah! Gikwang!" Doojoon rushes to his side, grabbing his shoulder with worried tone. "Are you crazy?!"

Gikwang's eyes find mine. He doesn't have a smile on his face but instead he looks really pale.

"I will get ready for the party," he murmurs vividly, trying to walk pass me and Doojoon but Doojoon stops him, grabbing his shoulder.

"You can't go to the party in this condition!" Doojoon looks really worried now. "Change your clothes into something warm now!"

He wraps his arm around Gikwang's shoulder, helping him to walk to his room. Doojoon opens the door, forcing Gikwang to step inside.

My heart skips a beat.

Sora is in the room, right?


[Sora's POV]

I look at Gikwang in silence. He is sleeping on the bed but he looks really uncomfortable. Is he having a nightmare?

The party has started but Doojoon let me to stay in his room to take care of Gikwang. At first, it's just because I was not in the best state to attend a party; I just cried my eyes out.

But suddenly after a while, right after Doojoon left the room, he returned with Gikwang. Gikwang was drenched because of the rain; looked like he walked in the rain after he left the hotel.

Yoseob was standing behind Doojoon with confused expression but my attention was all turned to Gikwang. I rushed to prepare his spare clothes because he fainted not long after he entered the room. Doojoon changed his clothes while I also changed my clothes quickly.

He has fever and Doojoon didn't want him to force himself to attend the party; he will explain about Gikwang's condition to the others.

"Gikwang Oppa...," I hold his hand gently, looking at his face. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

I must be the worst person he ever knew. To break his heart countless times, to hurt him until this state, to fool his love for me.

I still love Yoseob. I know.

But I can't bear to hurt Gikwang anymore. Yet I don't want to lie about my feeling because maybe I will hurt someone even more.

"Gikwang Oppa...," I kiss his warm forehead, hoping that somehow he will hear me. "Please, forgive me for being this way."

I don't want to choose between Yoseob and Gikwang because whoever I will choose, the other one will be hurt.

Is it that difficult if I want all of us to be happy?

"Sora...," Gikwang murmurs in his sleep, making my heart to skip a beat. "Sora..."

"I'm here," I embrace his hand tighter. It must be because of his fever. "I'm here, Gikwang Oppa."

"I love you..."

I can feel another tear rolls down on my cheek when I hear the word. The sincere feeling of him to me. Looks like my tears keep flowing tonight.

I know my heart must choose or I will end up hurting both of them. But I don't know. I really don't know what to do.

There are only two options for me, in my thought.

Whether I try to find both of them the other happiness; maybe Yoseob will be happier if he is with Bomi.

Or I must do the most painful and cowardly act. The most selfish option.

Leave both of them.