07 Unsettled

Bittersweet Heart
[Yoseob's POV]
 
"So it has been decided," my manager hands over me the paper. "You will sing a duet song with Bomi for the first episode of the variety show im three weeks."
 
I sigh and take the paper from him. I don't want to do a duet song, especially not with Bomi. Not because I hate her or else, but this is so not helping me to fix my relationship with Sora.
 
I still haven't managed to talk with her. She is working her tasks day and night; even though I keep sending her good morning and good night greetings via text message, she never replied them. Not even once.
 
I am worried that she will collapse again because of her workaholic habit. Each of us keep warning her about it but she keeps teling us that she will be alright.
 
She never picked my calls. She never replied my text messages. And she will be in her room around 11 PM and I don't want to disturb her time to rest; she is working really hard.
 
This year Valentine's Day is the worst I ever had. I didn't even talk to her that day. Ugh.
 
"Yoseob," my manager snaps his fingers, making me return to the reality. "Are you listening?"
 
"What?" I blink, trying to regain my focus once again.
 
He sighs impatiently, "I asked you, how are you and Sora now?"
 
My heart feels like it stops beating for a second. What should I say to him? I've been trying to hide the fact that a month has passed since the night she broke up with me but can I hide it longer?
 
"You two don't look good nowadays. Did something happen?" he intertwines his fingers together. "You know that this topic has been a hot topic lately, right?"
 
I know. Within these two weeks since Sora returned from Paris, B2UTIES and Sora's fans have been discussing about our relationship.
 
Probably because I rarely tweet with mentioning Sora's name now. We rarely seen together as well nowadays because fans used to take pictures of us together when we were at public place.
 
"Let them be," I murmur as I fold the paper. "I will discuss the song title with Bomi later."
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
"I have an urgent meeting tonight. Sorry for dinner."
 
I put my phone back on the table. Sora just rejected the dinner invitation again. She has been avoiding Yoseob for the last two weeks. But her reasons were always works and I know she's not lying for the reasons.
 
While we are busy with the preparation for our new mini album, we have to share our experiences to the new trainees as well. It's a new experience for all of us.
 
Today we will meet them again but this time Mina will be the one who takes the documentation because Sora is busy today.
 
I wonder what Yoseob is thinking right now with Sora's attitude towards him. I need to talk to Sora as soon as possible.
 
I became more aware now because B2UTIES and Sora's fans are bringing up the discussion of broken relationship. Yoseob hasn't told anyone about this except the members.
 
Doojoon told him to talk with Sora but then again he couldn't do anything for now. The unsettled problem is becoming more complicated.
 
Junhyung has been the one who experienced the issue about broken relationship around last year. Fans have been commenting about the issue about him and Hara has broke up even though there was no official announcement.
 
This will be a big fuss if the fans find out about their broke up. Especially they are still working together now.
 
I hope nothing bad will happen.
 
I grab my phone again and send a text message to Sora.
 
"Remember to have a dinner. Tell me when you are free."
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I rest my chin on the table. I am exhausted by all documents I just checked for the research project. I have been working too hard in these two weeks.
 
Well, it's true that I do need to catch up all works but actually I don't need to finish them this fast; I'm just trying to bury myself in work, forgetting about Yoseob and Bomi.
 
I know Bomi has a crush on Yoseob but she doesn't say it because she thinks that I'm still Yoseob's girlfriend. Everyone thinks the same except BEAST members.
 
Gikwang is the only member that keeps checking on my condition. Yoseob does the same but I never replied his text messages, knowing that it will only make everything more complicated.
 
I'm trying to forget Yoseob. I'm trying to work as a professional. But it's really hard.
 
Everytime I look at him, the memories of happy moments with him cross my mind. But then again the arguments and all fights I had with him stop the happiness.
 
I guess when you love someone too much, it will actually hurt more.
 
Sometimes I wonder if I can only be friends with Yoseob, just like me and Gikwang.
 
"Sora," one of the research project team member opens the door. "You need to check the new report now."
 
"Alright," I straighten my back and stand up slowly. I still have works to do now and I can't let my personal stuffs mess up with my professionalism.
 
But then again, how long can I hold on with this situation?
 
How long can I avoid Yoseob? I can't do this forever.
 
We must talk.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I take a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air on the rooftop of the apartment building. As always, I visit the rooftop when I have free time, hoping that Sora will be here when I open the door.
 
But she is too busy with her works.
 
"Sora," I lean to the fence and look up at the sky. "I miss you."
 
Suddenly the door is swung open. I straighten up my body and I start to smile widely.
 
But I drop my smile once I see Bomi is the one who opened the door. It's not Sora.
 
I'm so stupid. This rooftop is not my personal property. Everyone can visit here whenever they want to.
 
"Ah, Yoseob Oppa," Bomi closes the door. "I don't know you're here."
 
"Just killing time," I lean again to the fence. "What bring you here?"
 
"Your manager told me to talk with you about the song for our duet but since Junhyung Oppa said that you're not in your room, I decided to walk around. After all I love high places because I can see the beautiful view from up here!" she answers with excitement.
 
Her face shows her real happiness. She looks like an innocent child who just received a present for her birthday.
 
I smile when I see her because somehow she reminds me of Sora.
 
"Is there something on my face?" Bomi puffs her cheeks when she realizes that I'm looking at her.
 
"Nothing," I chuckle. "You're quite cute."
 
For my surprise, she blushes just because of my simple compliment. She covers her cheeks quickly with her palms, staring down at the floor.
 
Bomi is two years younger than me, which makes her one year younger than Sora. She is going to debut soon and she still need guidance from all of us, from me.
 
Ah, she is a shy person.
 
"Yoseob Oppa," Bomi mutters with her flushed pink cheeks. "I've read about the article about the possibility of you and Sora Unnie have broke up. Is it true?"
 
I blink.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I rearranged my schedule and excused myself from the meeting tonight. I finally decided to have a dinner with BEAST for tonight so they will stop worrying about me for a while.
 
They have been really worried about me because of my hectic schedule. They are actually people I need to worry about. Their schedules are so full that even Mina needs my assistance to help her works.
 
It's almost 8 PM. I knock the door of their room, waiting for someone to open the door.
 
I hear the voice of a girl is giggling. I turn around and see Yoseob and Bomi are walking together. Looks like they have a really enjoyable conversation.
 
Yoseob stops his steps immediately when he realizes that I'm standing in front of his apartment. Bomi, in the other hand, gives me her usual bright smile.
 
While I am trying to fight back the jealousy in my heart.
 
No, Sora, no. You're not his girlfriend anymore even though no one knows about it yet.
 
"Sora Unnie!" Bomi approaches me. "It's been a while!"
 
"Ne," I nod and force a fake smile.
 
The door is clicked open, making me feel relieved that I don't need to wait longer with them.
 
"Ah, Sora!" Hyunseung greets me with a big grin. "Are you here for dinner?"
 
"Well, if I may," I tilt my head and chuckle. "Do you need help for dinner?"
 
"Sure!" Hyunseung laughs and his eyes move to Bomi and then Yoseob. His smile disappears when his gaze stop on Yoseob.
 
"Can I help you too?" Bomi speaks out. "I usually help my mother at home!"
 
"Sure," Hyunseung smiles politely. "Come on. Let's go inside."
 
I glance at Yoseob for a second but then quickly look away from him, stepping inside the room without a word.
 
This will be a long night.

Photobucket