17 Once

Bittersweet Heart
[Yoseob's POV]
 
"Singapore again! Woohoo!" Dongwoon shouts with excitement as he puts down his luggage and looks around. "Can we visit the Universal Studio this time?"
 
"No," Doojoon laughs, walking pass Dongwoon. "We need to finish the recording this evening based on our turns."
 
I take a glance at Sora. She is talking to Gikwang; a smile is curving on her lips, a really happy smile which makes her looks perfectly cute.
 
My heart is clenching. Why can I be the one to make her smile like that?
 
They are getting really close now, closer that I ever imagined. I know they are close ever since I haven't been in a relationship with Sora, put aside the fact that Gikwang is her first boyfriend.
 
And I know Gikwang is still in love with her.
 
We can see it clearly.
 
My question is how about Sora's feeling? Does she love Gikwang?
 
Yesterday they were together for a while before joined with us. I wonder where they went to, what they did together.
 
Yes, I'm jealous.
 
Even though Gikwang never held her hand in front of us, or even showed us their close relationship, but I know there is something that can't be explained between them.
 
And I really hope it's not love.
 
"Talking about Universal Studio?" Gikwang approaches us, stopping his conversation with sora. "Sora wants to go there too. Right, Sora?"
 
"Ne," Sora smiles sheepishly. "Next time. Maybe."
 
Yes, I want to go there too with her. I know she likes amusement park; I want to go to the Universal Studio with her, to see her cheerful smile, to hold her hand again, to show her my love again.
 
Like what once we shared together.
 
I can't take my eyes off of her. I keep looking at her until Bomi pulls my sleeves slowly, making me to turn to look at her.
 
"Oppa, we will record our training session here this evening, right?" she asks with a cute smile.
 
I think mostly men will fall for Bomi. She is actually really cute and sweet. But I can't fall for her. I don't know why. Really.
 
Sora is just too... lovable for me.
 
"I think so," I answer with a smile, trying to be as polite as possible. "Are you ready for the training then?"
 
"Ne!" Bomi nods with antusiasm. Strange enough, she looks a little bit pale. "I can't wait for the recording!"
 
I glance at Sora again but she is busy talking with Gikwang about having a trip to Sentosa Island if it is possible for us.
 
Can't I have Sora back again?
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
"Are you sure? I can ask to do the recording first if you want me to accompany you," Gikwang looks worried.
 
They will start their recording for training session with the trainee which is under their responsibilities in turn. Gikwang is the fifth one.
 
I told him that I want to take a walk around Singapore using the Mass Rapid Transit by myself. He is worried because it's my first time at Singapore, despite the fact that I have been travelling a lot, thanks to my job as professional photographer.
 
"I will be fine," I assure him with a smile. "I will be back even before you finish with your recording."
 
He frowns; he is still feeling uneasy to let me go alone. He wants to accompany me but I know work is really important for him.
 
I will not do any documentation during the training session so I am free for now until tonight's party, a party for BEAST, the trainees, and the staffs who have been working for the last three days together, while actually we still have another day to spend at Singapore tomorrow for a mini showcase at the evening.
 
"Please?" I clasp my hands together, looking at him with high hope.
 
He finally smiles and pats my head gently, "Can I say 'no' to you, especially if you give me that cute face?"
 
I try my best not to blush because of the 'cute' word. He tells me to text him if I need anything and when I'm on my way back so maybe he can pick me at the MRT station.
 
I leave the recording site, wearing a brown dress under black coat plus jeans. I bring my camera along because I want to take pictures of Singapore, enjoying myself around.
 
It's not that I don't enjoy my time if I'm with BEAST or Gikwang, but I always love to spend times by myself, just so inspiration can visit me or I can think about my life for a while.
 
Gikwang has been really sweet to me, sweeter than ever. After the kisses between us, we spent more times together; just for talking but he can make me feel like that I am the most precious person in the world for him.
 
But, honestly speaking, sometimes I can't help myself from thinking about Yoseob. Just sometimes though.
 
But he looks fine without me. He even looks closer to Bomi now. And why do I feel that he has moved on?
 
Geez, Sora, you have Gikwang now.
 
I sigh, knowing that I must looked like a weird girl who is walking alone, sighing out of no reason, and stopping her steps anywhere.
 
I step in the MRT which is heading to Orchard. I've heard that it is one of the best shopping areas in Singapore. Maybe I can buy something for Mina or my sister.
 
I look around and find an empty seat. Right when I am approaching the seat, someone walks pass me to get to the seat but he stops when he notices me.
 
Maybe he is going to give the seat to a girl.
 
"Sora?"
 
I look up and I immediately freeze.
 
Yoseob?
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
My training session with Bomi is rescheduled because Bomi can't do the recording due to her physical condition. She has fever and she is extremely weak. I convinced her to take a rest so we can start our recording tomorrow. I guess she was too excited and her body hasn't adapted with the hectic schedule.
 
I told the others that I would stay at the hotel because I was lacking of sleep. Since we have a party to attend tonight, Doojoon let me to return to the hotel by myself.
 
But then another idea crossed my mind.
 
I want to take a walk by myself. I never did it before.
 
And after all I need some times, just for myself. I don't know where Sora is right now; she disappeared to nowhere and I didn't ask Gikwang about her; I don't want Gikwang to think that I'm still trying to be with her.
 
Gikwang is trying his best to win over Sora's heart.
 
But deep inside, I don't want him to win. Even though he is my best friend, my brother, my partner. I'm so selfish, right?
 
I wear a black cap and white jacket, trying to disguise myself so fans will not notice me.
 
I know that I need to take MRT to travel around rather than using taxi so I walk to the MRT station, taking the route to Orchard. I want to search for something for my family.
 
I was thinking of taking an empty seat when I realize that a girl is going to take the seat. I turn around and my eyes widen when I look at her.
 
"Sora?" I whisper slowly so people will not pay any attention to us.
 
She looks at me with surprised expression but she knows that she can't say out my name or people may notice me.
 
Two boys behind me stand up from their seats and steps out from the MRT, giving us two empty seats. W give her a sign to sit there, side by side with me.
 
"Don't you have to do a recording with Bomi?" she asks calmly.
 
Is she jealous?
 
No, Yoseob, you are making another assumption by yourself.
 
I explain to her about the reason of the cancellation of my recording with Bomi, the reason why I'm taking the MRT to Orchard.
 
"Ah," she suddenly takes out a map from her pocket. It's an MRT route map. Her eyes are checking the map carefully, trying to pinpoint our location.
 
"We need to stop after two stations," she mutters, focusing on the map.
 
I take a peek at the map and realize that we must stop at the next station for an interchange.
 
"Yah, we will stop after this," I whisper, keeping my voice low. "We need to change train."
 
"But we are here," she points on the map. "We don't need to interchange here."
 
"Aish, you can't read map, can you?" I rub my head. The announcement about the MRT will stop is echoing. "Let's go."
 
"No, not here," she keeps insisting to stay for the next station. "It's not here."
 
The MRT stops and people start to leave their seats while the others step inside, taking their seats. And we are still arguing over the route.
 
"Step outside and you will know that I am right," I pull her hand, dragging her to step out from the MRT.
 
And I was right.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
Why did I even argue for such a little problem with him?
 
I was really surprised to find him in the MRT. I mean, he should be doing a recording with Bomi, right?
 
But what made me more surprised is the fact that we could still argue over a map. And, yes, I know it sounded stupid.
 
We don't talk to each other while we are walking at Orchard, trying to find a mall to visit to find what we both want. He walks in front of me, looking around in silence.
 
It's a little bit crowded around here. Maybe because it is a shopping area. I can see many people from different countries, walking around with their friends, families, childrens, and lovers.
 
My eyes stop when I find a couple around three metres from my stand. They are buying ice creams, intertwining their fingers together.
 
They remind me of my first date with Yoseob.
 
My first date with Yoseob was nothing special. Really. It's a really ordinary date.
 
We watched a movie together. We ate dinner together. We walked around a park together.
 
And he bought me a chocolate ice cream. That day he held my hand gently when we're on our way back to the apartment. He was blushing and I did the same.
 
But it was memorable.
 
I didn't realize that I was staring at them until I look around and I don't see Yoseob. I lost him in the crowd.
 
"Aigoo...," I sigh and try to find him. I know that I can go around without him but he will try to find me if we suddenly separate like this.
 
Wait, where is this confidence coming from?
 
You're not his girlfriend anymore, Sora.
 
I try to find him for around five minutes but he is nowhere to be found.
 
I sit at a long bench, looking at the crowd, walking pass me. And suddenly, I feel lonely.
 
Geez. I was the one who decided to take a walk alone and it's a coincidence for me to meet Yoseob. Why do I feel lonely now?
 
I sigh heavily, staring at my feet. Well, I guess I will find him soon if I keep walking around.
 
"Yah! I thought you're lost!"
 
I look up. Yoseob is standing in front of me, drenched by his sweat. Looks like he just ran from somewhere.
 
Was he trying to find me in the crowd?
 
He reaches out his hand but I give him confused look. What is he trying to do?
 
"Hold my hand so you won't be separated again," he explains briefly.
 
I blush madly.
 
"I-I-I mean so you will not get lost!" Yoseob quickly blurts out. His face is burning now.
 
Slowly with hesitation, I take his hand.
 
"Thank you," I mutter, trying to hide my blushed cheeks. His hold is still the same: simple yet warm.
 
"Come on," he embraces my hand, looking away. His cheeks are flushed pink.
 
My heart is flattering right now.
 
Sora, can't you ever forget Yoseob?

The one who loved me once.
 
Or maybe... still loves me?