04 Unexpected

Bittersweet Heart

[Yoseob's POV]

I rub my eyes and try to reach my phone with my right hand. Once I find it, I quickly look at the time.

It's 6 AM already and I barely slept last night. After what happened between me and Sora, I returned back to the room just to find the other members and Bomi were watching TV together, waiting for me to come back.

I really didn't want to talk about works; I didn't want to talk about anything. But in the end, I let myself being trapped in the main room to talk about the new variety show.

I was hardly smiling though.

The other members kept asking me if something did happen but I kept silence. Gikwang glanced at me, knowing that something did actually happened between me and Sora but I didn't say a word.

I was mad. At everyone. At Sora. At myself.

Why couldn't they just let me be alone? They didn't know my problem, I know, but I really wanted to be alone.

Why did Sora break up with me? It's a misunderstanding. A huge misunderstanding.

I never want to break up with her. After the things happened between us, after all obstacles we've been through, how could she break up with me?

And I hate myself the most at this state. Sora is totally a really calm girl and she exploded because of me; doesn't it mean I was going out from the line?

I couldn't sleep. I was dilemma. Should I call her? Should I text her? Should I try to talk to her again?

I have another meeting for the variety show today while Sora, as much as I know, has a meeting at the university for her research project.

She will avoid me. I know that.

But I don't want to break up with her. Never.


[Sora's POV]

My headache worsen now.

I cried until I felt asleep last night. I woke up around 5 AM this morning. Since I couldn't sleep anymore, I got ready for everything.

I have a 7.30 AM meeting but I think I'm going to leave at 7; I want to go away as soon as possible.

My heart starts to ache again the moment I remember about what happened last night.

I broke up with Yoseob.

I know it's one-sided decision but I don't want to argue with him again. Not over this decision. If he is going to argue with me again, I hope it's not today.

My headache is seriously torturing me since this morning.

I turn on my phone; yes, I turned off it yesterday even before my fight with Yoseob; I didn't want anyone to disturb me.

Nothing. So he did nothing after what happened last night.

To be honest, I am actually hoping that there will be something from him. Anything. I guess I'm expecting nothing at all.

I check my Twitter account and, as if it is an automatic gesture, I open Yoseob's account. My heart skips a beat when I read his last tweet.

"Don't leave. Please."

He tweeted it ten minutes ago. So he's already awake.

I don't want to leave. But I have to.

I sigh and grab my jacket. I'm going to leave now or he will visit me any moment.

Right after I wore my shoes, I freeze because of the knocks on my door.

No. Don't tell me it's Yoseob.


[Gikwang's POV]

Yoseob was like a man without soul last night. He listened to Bomi but he barely responded to us. He just nodded lazily before excused himself to sleep.

I wanted to ask him about what happened between me and Sora, but knowing that probably it wasn't a good time, I kept silence.

I've set an alarm for this morning because I need to talk with one of them before work on our schedule; today I have a recording as an MC.

After I checked Yoseob's twitter account and read his latest tweet, I'm sure I really need to talk with Sora; yes, I decide that I will talk to her first.

I leave the room quietly, knowing that Yoseob is already awake because he let his door opened widely.

I knock the door slowly, hoping that she will open it for me. I know she is already awake since she has a meeting today; she told me when we're at the coffee shop yesterday.

No respond.

I knock again.

The door is clicked open as I sigh in relief.

Sora opens the door slowly as if she is checking who knocked her door. When she finds that it's me, she opens the door wider, having her usual expresionless face.

Her face is a little bit pale and she has dark circles under her eyes. Looks like she cried all night long last night.

Aish. What happened between her and Yoseob? Don't tell me...

"Is there something you need?" she asks me calmly.

"I need to talk with you," I smile, assuring her that I come with friendly purpose. "Did you cry last night?"

She frowns; she knows where this conversation is heading to, "I don't want to talk about last night."

She closes the door and locks it quickly. She steps pass me, heading to the elevator.

I turn around and grab her wrist, "Wait, Sora."


[Sora's POV]

I was glad that it's Gikwang but I should have known that he would be asking about Yoseob; I don't even know what Yoseob said to them last night. I don't want to know.

"Wait, Sora," Gikwang grabs my hand, not letting me to leave without explanation. "Please."

I took a deep breath before turn to look at him , "I'm done with Yoseob."

Gikwang frowns, "What do you mean you're done with Yoseob?"

He knows what I mean. Why does he need to make me say the word?

"I broke up with him," I clench my fists. "Are we done here? Because I need to attend an important meeting."

"Sora," Gikwang pulls me closer to him. He cups my face with his hands, examining my face carefully. "You never wanted to break up with Yoseob. I know it."

Yes, I don't want to. But what else could I do to stop this heartache from fighting with him?

"Look, I will talk to you again later," I say, stepping backwards. "I'm not in a good state now."

"Of course you're not," he pats my head gently. "You're pale."

I sigh. I'm so not going to meet Yoseob. He will be really mad at me if he knows my condition.

Wait. He is not my boyfriend anymore.

"Sora," Gikwang steps forward and cups my face again. "Are you sure you're going for the meeting?"

I nod, still having my face in his hands. He lifts my face until I look at him directly.

"Promise me you will rest as soon as possible after the meeting," he caresses my right cheek gently with his thumb.

Before I could even reply to him, the door of BEAST room is swung open.

My eyes widen when I look at the person who opened the door.

Yoseob is looking at us with shock all written on his face.

This is so unexpected.

Photobucket