12 Last

Bittersweet Heart
[Sora's POV]
 
I put down my pen and sigh heavily, leaning to the back of the chair. It's already 10 PM and I'm still working in my office at the university building.
 
It's almost a week since the White Day party, since the last time Yoseob called me, since the night I called it an end between me and Yoseob. Once and for all.
 
My new research project requires me to spend my days more in the office so I asked Mina to cover up for me for at least two weeks. I will focus again for photography once the new month arrives.
 
I turn on my phone; I have new habit of turning off my phone whenever I'm alone in the office, knowing that my phone can distract me from works.
 
There are three new text messages. One from my sister, one from my client, and one from Gikwang.
 
"Are you still at the office? Do you need me to pick you?"
 
Ah, he is worrying about me again. It is actually really late for me to return back to the apartment alone but works are the only things that can make me forget about Yoseob.
 
I take a glance at my notebook. I open the browser and start to check about new articles on the net. As I thought, the discussion topic about my relationship with Yoseob is still trending between fans.
 
"Kim Sora and BEAST's Yoseob are no longer a couple?"
 
"The breaking news is rising between K-Poppers. Looks like the relationship between Kim Sora, BEAST personal photographer, and BEAST's Yang Yoseob has ended.
 
The netizens figured out that the former lovebirds went back to their platonic relationship as professionals. They are rarely seen together nowadays.
 
Im Bomi, a new trainee of CUBE Entertainment who will start her debut with five other girls soon, has uploaded a picture on White Day party, making the netizens to believe that this breaking news is true.
 
In the picture, Bomi is wearing a necklace with initial "YS" as the pendant. Netizens noticed that the necklace was Sora's before.
 
There is no official announcement from both sides till this moment."
 
Somehow I feel that I need to talk with Yoseob to clear everything. His fans deserve to know the fact about our broke up.
 
And Bomi needs to know that she has a chance to be with Yoseob.
 
My heart aches.
 
I was going to close the browser when I see a notification of new article, tagged under BEAST.
 
My eyes widen because of the news.
 
"BEAST's Yang Yoseob states about his relationship with Kim Sora"
 
"The rumors about Kim Sora and BEAST's Yang Yoseob have been spreading around between netizens lately. The news leaked out from nowhere, claiming that they were no longer a couple.
 
A representative of CUBE Entertainment has denied the rumor, saying that they are still dating despite the fact that they are both busy with their works.
 
Yoseob has stated with his own statement via his Twitter account.
 
"I am still in a relationship with Kim Sora. Please don't believe in the rumors. My relationship with Bomi is only labelmates."
 
So B2UTIES, Yoseob has cleared out the rumor so let's support him."
 
What?
 
Why did he do something like this without even confirming it with me?
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
B2UTIES keep mentioning me in their tweets, wishing me and Sora a longlasting relationship. Some of them showed hints of disappointment because I have stated that there is nothing special between me and Bomi.
 
I know Sora will be really mad at me but I need to do this. President and manager have demanded me to make a clear statement about our relationship or another rumor may start to spread around.
 
After all, this is what I want. I still want to be in a relationship with Sora.
 
I love her. I always do.
 
I feel guilty about Bomi though. I met her yesterday, after our practice session together.
 
"Bomi, I'm really sorry," I bowed at her. "It's a really big misunderstanding."
 
I looked at her sad eyes as I continued, "The kiss was a misunderstanding. I thought you were Sora. And that necklace has caused a lot of false rumors to spread between fans."
 
"So," Bomi trailed her fingers to touch the necklace around her neck, "Yoseob Oppa is still in a relationship with Sora Unnie, isn't it?"
 
I took a deep breath, knowing that I needed to lie, "Yes."
 
"I see," she forced a weak smile, taking off the necklace. She handed the necklace back to me.
 
"Thank you," I took the necklace from her. "I'm really sorry, Bomi."
 
"No," she shook her head slowly, still forcing a smile. "I'm the one who needs to apologize to you and Sora Unnie."
 
I could see a tear rolled down on her cheek, making me feel really guilty. I made another girl cry again.
 
"Don't cry," I patted her head gently. I couldn't bear to see a girl cry. "You didn't do anything bad."
 
"Thank you for being so gentle," Bomi smiled sweetly, somehow the smile reminded me with Sora. "I can understand why Sora Unnie is in love with you. She is so lucky to have you."
 
I held my breath.
 
"Thank you, Bomi," I patted her head once again before returning to gather with the other members.
 
My phone vibrates.
 
My heart skips a beat when I see the name on the screen.
 
Sora.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
Sora just replied my message, telling me that she is on her way back to the apartment. I quickly call her because I don't want her to return alone; it's 10 PM already.
 
But her number is busy.
 
I sigh, putting my phone on the side of my bed. I lay down and close my eyes.
 
The official announcement about Yoseob and Sora has been publicized tonight. I bet the netizens are discussing about this news right now.
 
Actually I don't agree with this statement because they didn't confirm anything with Sora. Probably because she is way too busy, our manager assured everything with Yoseob, believing in his words.
 
We have talked last night before he asked our manager to announce the statemnt.
 
"You need to tell Sora about your decision," Doojoon frowned, giving all of us a really serious expression. "This is not only about you, Yoseob."
 
"I know," Yoseob sighed. "I will talk to her later."
 
"Later?" I hissed; I couldn't hide the hint of anger in my voice. I felt that it's not fair for Sora if she didn't know anything about the decision.
 
"I still want to fix my relationship with Sora," Yoseob looked at me. "Why do I feel that you don't want me to return with her?"
 
I blinked.
 
"Yah, don't say things like that," Junhyung put his hand on Yoseob's shoulder to calm his down. "Gikwang is only worrying about Sora, just like the rest of us."
 
"She is working really hard lately," Hyunseung speaked out. "I really hope you can settle everything as soon as possible. You don't look really good too."
 
"You look really down," Dongwoon blurted out. "Our fans are worrying about you, Yoseob."
 
"I know," Yoseob intertwined his fingers together. "I will talk to Sora tomorrow. I'm sorry for dragging all of you in my problem."
 
"Hey," Doojoon wrapped his arm around Yoseob's shoulder. "We're family."
 
I sigh heavily.
 
Is it true that I don't want Yoseob to return together with Sora?
 
I always supported them but why do I feel that Sora is suffering now because of Yoseob?
 
Gikwang, stop the thought.
 
If Sora is happy with Yoseob, you can't do anything.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I can't believe Yoseob made an announcement like that without saying a word to me. Since when did he become this ignorant?
 
I called him when I was on my way back to the apartment. I asked him to meet me on the rooftop, the only place where we can talk without anyone to disturb us.
 
When I open the door, Yoseob is already there, standing and staring at the night sky.
 
My heart starts to beat faster when I look at his face.
 
Control yourself, Sora. Be professional.
 
"Ah, Sora," he turns around when he notices my presence. "You look really tired."
 
I take a deep breath, "I've read the article."
 
"You're mad," his lips curve into a weak smile.
 
Of course I am. But why do I feel that he is doing this for an unknown reason?
 
"I'm sorry," he steps closer to me. "But I love you."
 
No, stop, Yoseob. Stop. I've been trying to forget him for a week and I need to stay still with this decision.
 
"I've told you. It's over between us," I try to keep calm.
 
An idea crosses my mind, knowing that he will make my heart waver if I stay longer.
 
"You just did this because you don't want our fans to mess up again, just like what they did before, right?" I mutter. "I get it. You need to hide it for our good."
 
"Sora, it's not th-" he hasn't finished his words but I quickly cut it.
 
"Please, don't make my heart break again," I beg, preventing my tears to roll down. "Please."
 
"Are you really hurting when you're with me?" he whispers. "Can't we be together again?"
 
I bite my bottom lip, clenching my fists, "I'm doing good without you."
 
There are seconds of silence between us.
 
"I'm sorry," he caresses cheek gently. "I'm sorry for breaking your heart."
 
He leans closer and kisses my forehead deeply, as if he is telling me that it will be his last kiss for me.
 
Yoseob parts the kiss and smiles sadly to me. He whispered a word to me before leaving the rooftop, the word that makes me can't hold my tears.
 
"I love you."

Photobucket