01 Unlucky

Bittersweet Heart

[Sora's POV]

I wait in front of BEAST's room, waiting from them to come out. Today is my turn to make the documentation of their dance practice since Mina is working on her individual project from the college right now.

To be honest, I'm not feeling good today. I only slept for around three hours because I worked on the paper for research project that I need to collect tomorrow morning.

My head is aching. Not to mention my little argument with Yoseob last night on the rooftop. He didn't send me any text message since last night; it means he's really mad at me. Well, I didn't text him either.

I know I can't avoid him and waiting for the problem to go away without doing anything, but I don't want to fight again with him today, not when my head is messing up with me.

The door is opened by Doojoon. He greets me, followed by the other members, one by one until Yoseob is the last one to step out.

He looks away from me after he realized that I was looking at him and startsto talk with Dongwoon about having lunch outside for today.

I hold my breathe to control my emotion. Is he trying to pick a fight with me?

Fine. If he wants to do this, I will go along with whatever he wants.

It's not that I don't want to understand him for being childish or else, but I want him to understand me for at least one time.

I know he cares for me. I know he loves me. But love doesn't mean you need to be with your lover 24/7 right?

"Hey," Gikwang taps my shoulder, "come on. We're going to leave you."

"Ah," I blink and realize the others are walking away; Yoseob even doesn't look back at me.

Geez. He is really mad at me, isn't he?


[Gikwang's POV]

The atmosphere in the van is unusual. Especially the cold tension between Sora and Yoseob.

Do they have fight again?

Ever since Sora moved back to her apartment two months ago, Mina switched her room with another room; one floor above from ours, looks like they fight more often.

Well, more likely, they always have a little argument over a little thing.

I don't know whether they realize it or not, but Doojoon, Junhyung, and I noticed their little arguments were really ridiculous.

Mostly because Sora's schedule over three jobs: being a part of research team, our personal photographer, and a professional photographer who takes projects from other clients.

Probably Yoseob doesn't get used with someone who has busier life than him. Yes, Yoseob is really busy too, especially this month because we need to prepare our mini album and new project from CUBE Entertainment.

Junhyung has talked to Yoseob, telling him that he must try to understand Sora's situation. Yoseob also told us that it's not that he wanted Sora to be with him all the time but he just wanted Sora to spare some times for them to be together.

I, in the other hand, have tried to talk with Sora, knowing that even though she is calm and quiet, she is quite stubborn and tough when it comes about her works.

Both of them said the same thing, that they love each other and they will try to understand each other.

But I guess every relationship has its own obstacle.

I just hope they can go through this obstacle. I don't want Sora to feel another heartache after everything she's been through.


[Yoseob's POV]

"Done!" Doojoon claps his hand, giving a sign that our dance practice is over.

I take a glance at Sora; she is looking at her camera as usual, checking the results of the pictures she took while we're practicing.

I haven't talked to her since last night. It's not that I like to stay like this, but I feel something is unusual.

She usually text me or call me or talk to me first if we have a fight. Talk to me about not being a gentleman, but she always want to end our fight first.

But she didn't do it this time.

Is she really mad at me?

"Sora," I approach her, knowing that we must settle everything sooner or later.

She looks up at me, giving me her usual expresionless face.

"I...," right when I was going to start a conversation with her, hoping that we can forget about last night's argument, her phone rings.

"Wait," she takes out her phone and checks the caller's ID. "I need to take this one. It's one of the research project team."

She leaves the dance practice room to pick the call, discussing about her research project.

This. I hate this.

I know that I'm really busy as an idol, but I can't believe that she is busier than me. The frequency of her leaving me for phone calls or meetings keeps increasing nowadays.

I sigh and rub my head with frustration, "Screw everything."

"Yah," Gikwang pats my back, suprising me. "Are you alright? Do you have another fight with Sora?"

"Kind of," I answer without any interest. I don't want to hear any lecture now. Aish.

"Yoseob," Doojoon crosses his arms. "When was the last time you have a date with Sora?"

"A date?" I frown, tilting my head and trying to remember my last date with her. "The one we really went to or the one we supposed to go?"

"What do you mean?" Hyunseung asks, confused with my answer.

"My last date with her was on December 20th," I tell them.

They eyes widen because of my answer; Junhyung even cuts me quickly, "The day after my birthday? It's almost two months ago!"

It's true. I wanted to go on a date with her on Christmas' Eve or at least Christmas Day, but I had schedules on the evening while she had schedules on the night.

When I tried to arrange a date on New Year's Eve, she finally attended the New Year's Eve Party held by CUBE Entertainment building after our last day of the year's performance.

But she had a fever that night so I cancelled the dinner and told her to take a rest. She insisted to go but I wanted her to get well soon.

The first day of 2011 was another cancellation of our arranged date. Her parents came over and visited her from Paris, just for a day so I decided
to spend the day with Sora and her parents.

Yes, I was unlucky. Really unlucky.

"Then what about the one you supposed to go?" Junhyung asks again.

"My birthday," I sigh as I remember the day. "I was supposed to go with her to an amusement park after my recording for a variety show. It was supposed to be a romantic date."

"Then?" Gikwang raises his eyebrow, waiting for my continuation.

"But when I came to pick her at her apartment, she wasn't ready yet because a client asked to meet her for a surprise party for her husband," I explain. "Then I cancelled the date because she was still working on the party after 8 PM. There was no way I would go with her that late."

They exchange looks, giving me their confused and apologetic looks.

"I'm sorry," Sora steps back in the dance practice room. "Mina will be taking my place for now. I need to go to the university now for tomorrow's meeting."

Ugh. I hate that reason. The reason I can't blame for.


[Sora's POV]

"I'm on my way back."

I hit the send button and take a deep breath, looking through the window while the taxi is heading back to my apartment.

Yoseob finally tried to talk with me but the moment was not good enough. The call was really important and I really needed to leave.

I read my conversation with him via the text messages. I have been texting with him since I left the CUBE Entertainment building but the conversation isn't going well.

"I'm sorry but I really need to go now. We'll talk later."

"Okay. See you."

"I'm really sorry. Please don't be upset."

"I'm not upset."

"We will talk later. I promise."

"Fine. If you don't have any other meeting or project."


I didn't reply to the last message. It's really obvious that he's mad at me for choosing my works over my time with him.

It's not that I don't want to spend my time with him. I really do want to be with him..

But whenever I have free time, he has schedule to work with. Whenever he has free time, it's me who need to work.

I feel sorry for him but I can't help it. Especially because he must cancelled our date on his birthday because my client asked my help.

She was in a middle of a fight with her husband but that day was their anniversary. She wanted to get back with her husband and I didn't want them to separate anyway; she is one of my loyal clients.

When I get out from the taxi and wait for the elevator, a new text message comes in.

Hoping that it's not from a client or else, I check the phone. It's from Yoseob.

"I'm not at my room. Have an important meeting."

What?

I feel like I want to throw my phone to the wall. Why can't I just talk with him for a moment?

I try to call him but he doesn't pick the call. I try again but he still doesn't pick it. When I try to call him again, he has turned off his phone.

Ugh, my headache.

I quickly type a text message, filled up with emotion, and hit the send button.

"Fine. It's not like we need to talk anyway."

I sigh. This is so not good.

 

Photobucket