16 Date

Bittersweet Heart

[Gikwang's POV]

"Woohoo! Done!" Dongwoon takes off his jacket. "Free time! Free time!"

We're just done for the recording of the new variety show at Tokyo Tower. We have done the mini showcase yesterday with the new trainees, showing off our hit songs and their skills altogether.

Looks like their debut will be welcomed good enough by the public. I really hope everything will work well for them and us in the future.

"Let's go somewhere!" Hyunseung takes off his hat. "What do you think about having a trip to Shinjuku together?"

"I'm in!" Aeri raises her hand. "I never went to Shinjuku before!"

"I'm in!" Bomi chirps in with her usual cute smile. "All of us are going together, right?"

I take a glance at Sora. She just turned off her camera and put it inside her camera bag.

An idea crosses my mind.

"I'm going somewhere else," I blurt out, putting a smile to assure them. "I will catch up later with you."

"Eh, where are you going, Gikwang Oppa?" Bomi asks sadly. "It will be fun if we're together!"

"I'm sorry," I apologize sincerely. "I want to go somewhere for a while. And I think I need Sora to accompany me. Will you mind, Yoseob?"

I don't need to ask him, I know. But in front of these new trainees, Sora is still his girlfriend.

I want to go somewhere with Sora. Just two of us. Even an hour is enough as long as I'm with her. I want to cheer her up.

If she goes with the others, which are included Yoseob and Bomi, I'm sure she will feel the jealousy again. Just like what I feel when I look at Yoseob and Sora together.

After all, I want Sora to enjoy today with me.

Just that.

"Ah," Yoseob blinks. I guess he just remembered that he is still Sora's boyfriend in front of the others. "Sure. I think I'm going to take a rest in hotel for tomorrow's mini showcase."

"Ah, Yoseob Oppa," Bomi pouts. "Are you jealous because Sora Unnie is going with Gikwang Oppa?"

"Of course no," Yoseob forces a laughter; I know he doesn't want to laugh. "Why would I be jealous?"

"Because maybe Sora Unnie will fall for Gikwang Oppa?" Soeun jokes. The other new trainees laugh along with her but we don't laugh; we just smile sheepishly.

"Her heart belongs with me," Yoseob pats Sora's head gently. "Right, Sora?"

I can see her cheeks start to blush. It's just an act to assure the others, but why do I feel that he said that for real?


[Sora's POV]

I've been walking around Shibuya with Gikwang. He wears his black thick rimmed glasses and the black knit hat, the one I gave him on his birthday last year.

We don't walk hand in hand because we're trying to avoid any issues that will spread around; we're at public place.

Actually I feel guilty towards Gikwang.

He treats me really sweet, caring, and loving yet at the same time I am well known as Yoseob's girlfriend all the time.

And I do nothing about it.

"Her hearts belong with me."

Yoseob's words keep echoing in my mind.

"Sora?" Gikwang mutters my name softly. "Do you want to buy anything?"

I blink. We are in a really big shop which sells sweets like candies and chocolates. I was looking around for chocolates for BEAST members when my mind started to wander around.

"Ah, yes," I try to look around for another chocolate. I take one of a hazelnut chocolate bar and turn to ask his opinion.

"What do you think about this one, Yose-"

I cover my mouth quickly with my hand. Geez. Why did I mention Yoseob's name?

"I-I'm sorry," I bow deeply to Gikwang. I didn't mean to mutter his name. It's just... slipped out.

Gikwang pats my head gently, "Don't be. Come on. Pick the chocolates."

His smile never failed to amaze me. Why is he still smiling? But I know his heart is breaking behind the smile.

Because of me.


[Gikwang's POV]

My heart ached when Yoseob's name was said by her instead of my name. She didn't mean to do that, I know. It's just her habit.

She used to be with Yoseob all the time, not me. In fact, it's the first time I have a date with her, just two of us.

While, of course, she has been on many dates with Yoseob.

Her heart still belongs to Yoseob. And Yoseob knows it.

I hold my breath, trying not to release any sigh because I don't want Sora to worry about what I'm thinking.

I want to make her happy today.

I look at her. She is busy picking chocolates for the others. She has picked more than five different types of chocolates and now she is dilemma between the chocolate candies or chocolate licorices.

She really loves chocolate.

"Which one?" she murmurs to herself, tilting her head as her brain is working hard to choose.

She looks really cute.

Sora notices that I am looking at her because she turns to me, "Is there something, Gikwang Oppa?"

I chuckle, "Nothing. Why don't you just pick both of them?"

"But I don't want to buy too many chocolates," she frowns with serious expression on her face.

Seriously, she looks really cute. Aigoo...

When she tucks her long hair behind her ear, I can't stop myself from leaning closer to her.


[Sora's POV]

I know that I can buy both of the chocolate types but I don't think it is a wise choice. I always have difficulties with choosing between two choices.

Just like Yoseob and Gikwang.

Geez. They are not choices to begin with!

Sora, you are being nonsense.

I tuck my hair behind my ear because I feel distracted by my long hair. I finally decided to take the licorices.

That's when Gikwang suddenly lands a quick kiss on my cheek.

I blink and quickly turns to look at him. He puts a smile on his face, looking at me with satisfied looks.

Gikwang always kisses my forehead. The only moment where my lips touched him was on his birthday. He never kissed me on lips after that. Not even once.

It's actually rare to find him kisses my cheek as well.

"G-Gikwang Oppa!" I stammer. I look around but there is no one looking at us because we're at the corner of the shop.

"Have you decided?" he asks calmly as if nothing happened.

"N-ne," I nod shyly, taking the chocolate licorices. I try to stop my blushing cheeks with continuing the conversation about chocolate. "Don't you want to buy any chocolate?"

"Nope," he pats my head gently.

He leans closer and whispers to my ear, "I have tasted the sweetest thing just now. Sweeter than any chocolate."

He pulled away and winked at me before turns around, "Come on. We still have another place to visit."

I don't need a mirror to know that my face is burning because of him.

Gikwang is such a charmer with words, even when he doesn't plan to make me blush.


[Gikwang's POV]

We stop for a moment because we have been walking around for almost an hour. I buy ice cream for both of us as we sit on the stairs at a nearby park.

As usual, she eats the chocolate flavor ice cream while I eat the vanilla flavor. We have decided to join the others after finishing the ice cream since they are at Harajuku area right now.

"So," I eat the last bite of the ice cream cone, "do you have fun today, Sora?"

"Ne," she nods with a smile on her lips. How I love her smile. "Thank you, Gikwang Oppa."

"You're very welcome," I pat her head gently. "I'm glad you're happy."

Suddenly a water drops from the sky. It starts raining all of a sudden.

I find a boy who sells umbrellas. I excuse myself from Sora and pay the boy with the money I have for an umbrella; I don't even bother if I pay too much.

I take Sora's hand and open the umbrella as we start to walk around the garden. The rain is not really heavy but still, I don't want Sora to get drenched because of the rain.

We walk around a lake near the park. It reminds me of the day after we found Mina almost a year ago, when I danced I Need A Girl for Sora.

It's a sweet moment.

"Do you still have any thing you want to do at Japan?" I ask a question, breaking the silence between us.

"Ah, I really wish I can go to the Disneyland with all of you," she puffs her cheeks slightly.

I never seen this expression from her before. She looks extremely cute when she is puffing her cheeks like a little girl.

I stop my step, making her to stop as well.

"Gikwang Oppa?" she tilts my head, looking at me with confused look.

I reach out my hand to touch her cheek. I lean closer to her. Our faces are only an inch away; she closes her eyes as if she already knew what I'm going to do.

But I shift away my lips to kiss the tip of her nose.

She opens her eyes, definitely surprises. I don't blame her. In that position, I'm sure man will kiss her lips for sure.

But I don't want to kiss her lips.


[Sora's POV]

I was ready to feel his lips on mine; I could even feel his breath on my face but suddenly I feel his lips touch the tip of my nose.

I open my eyes slowly. I find Gikwang is smiling at me, caressing me cheek gently.

"I'm so lucky," Gikwang chuckles. "What if I want you to go with Disneyland with me. But only two of us."

I remember that he once mentioned that he wanted a date to an amusement park with me last year, when I was his girlfriend for a deal, just like now.

"I will be happy to go with you," I take the umbrella from his hand. "But aren't we going to leave to Singapore tomorrow morning?"

He looks surprised for seconds but then he laughs, "It's just a question, Sora. We can't go to Disneyland for now."

"I know...," I sigh as I look at the ground. I really want to go to the Disneyland somehow. I just love amusement park. "But I really want to go..."

Without any warning, Gikwang takes the umbrella from me, tilting it aside so people can't look what we're doing behind the umbrella.

He kisses my lips.

He puts his another arm around my waist, pulling me closer to his body as he kisses me passionately.

I don't know why but I feel that this kiss shows that he is longing for me all these times.

I clutch his white shirt with both of my hands, at the same time making him to deepen the kiss.

His kiss is totally different from Yoseob. Yoseob loves to tease me with small kisses while Gikwang's kiss is deep and really passionate.

I close my eyes as he finally breaks the kiss, just to move his lips to kiss my neck. I put my hand on his shoulders as he pulls me even closer again to him.


[Gikwang's POV]

I don't know how many minutes have passed since I started kissing Sora.

When she sighed, telling me that she really wants to go, I don't know whether she noticed it or not, but she was pouting and I couldn't resist myself anymore from getting closer to her.

I kiss her lips as if I never kissed anyone before. I can feel she clutches on my shirt, making me to deepen the kiss.

I tilt my head, starting to kiss her neck. The raindrops are rolling down because I try to hide our faces with the umbrella, making me to taste both her skin and the salty water drops.

Her sweet scent remains the same, the scent that can make me drunk. Sora squezees my shirt a little bit tighter by each kiss I land on her skin.

I return my lips to hers, locking her lips for another long and deep kiss.

"Gikwang Oppa...," she mutters between the kiss.

I finally stop the kiss, knowing that her face is burning as well as mine. We are catching our breathe; we're running out of air because of the long kiss.

This is the reason why I don't want to kiss her lips.

I'm afraid that I will lose control over myself if I get too close to her.

I'm afraid that I will need to let her go someday. I'm afraid that she will leave me and that's why I don't want to get too attached to her for now.

I just lost my control.


[Sora's POV]

I was running out of air but I'm glad he stops after I manage to utter his name.

"I'm sorry, Sora," he straightens the umbrella again so the rain stops drenching us. Both of us are drenched because of the raindrops now.

Silence. Awkward silence.

His kiss was so... I don't know what word I can use to describe it.

My face can't stop burning just because of the lingering feeling of his kisses.

Sora, what are you thinking? Aish.

"L-let's go to Harajuku," I clear my throat nervously. "They must be waiting for us."

He nods slightly and walks next to me with the umbrella, murmuring vividly, "I'm sorry, Sora. I really am."

I don't know whether he needs to apologize or not but he looks really sad.

I slip my hand in his, intertwining our fingers together. He flinches a little but he returns the embrace of my hand.

A smile curves on his lips.

My heart keeps beating uncontrollably because of him.

Am I starting to fall for him now?

Photobucket