06 Unrelated

Bittersweet Heart
[Sora's POV]
 
I sigh heavily and put down the luggage to take my key from my pocket. I drag my luggage into my room after I opened the door.
 
Two weeks have passed since the last time I met Yoseob and the other members of BEAST. I passed out due to my headache that day.
 
After that, they brought me to the hospital and I had a fever. Due to my lack concern of taking care of my schedule for eat properly and overtime of working, my body couldn't take it.
 
I stayed in hospital for two days under my sister's care. BEAST visited me on the first day but Yoseob wasn't there; he had a meeting with Doojoon and President of CUBE Entertainment.
 
My father came to me personally and demanded me to go with him to Paris. He wanted me to take a break for a while because my mother was really worried about my condition; I can't blame her for that since she hates hospital. She spent almost half a year in hospital before.
 
I refused, knowing that I had a lot of works to do but my mother even called me, begging me to go with my father to Paris for at least ten days.
 
So finally I agreed to take a break to Paris. I told Mina, BEAST's manager, and Doojoon about it and they told me to take a good rest.
 
I let myself drown in the lonely nights in Paris, thinking about what happened between me and Yoseob. And I think we had enough of arguments and fights.
 
That was the final decision.
 
I look at the clock. It's almost 11 AM now and I still haven't contacted anyone about my arrival at Seoul.
 
I turn on my notebook to check my e-mail. I must recheck all the meetings I've arranged with my clients for their events in this week.
 
While I'm waiting for the start up, my eyes wander to the calendar and I just realize what day it is.
 
It's Valentine's Day.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
Today is Valentine's Day. It's been two weeks since the last time I saw Sora. I can't believe I can stay still with the fact that I can't meet her for two weeks.
 
She left to Paris after two days in hospital. I was planning to visit her on the third day since I was too busy with the schedule. Sohyun refused to have a visitor for Sora in night because she needed to rest.
 
And when I was going to the hospital, Doojoon told me that she was already leaving to Paris for ten days or more.
 
Why didn't she tell me?
 
Because she broke up with me. Yes, I know. But I know she doesn't want to break up with me. I know her.
 
For days, I didn't talk with Gikwang because of my unsettled emotional state. We finally talked after a week and he apologized to me for being rude; he's just worried about Sora.
 
I must admit that I felt uneasy about Gikwang and Sora. Somehow deep in my heart, I feel that Gikwang is still in love with Sora.
 
But that day, it was my mistake to ignore the fact that Sora was actually pale. Instead I forced her to talk with me, making her to collapse after our arguments.
 
I kept sending text messages to Sora, at least three messages a day but all of them were failure; she doesn't use her number in Seoul when she's at Paris.
 
"Yoseob," Junhyung calls me while I am leaning to the sofa. "Let's go."
 
I stand up and follow him to the door, ready to leave the apartment. All of BEAST members will meet the new trainees today.
 
I guess works are the only things that can distract me from thinking about Sora for now.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
We arrive at the CUBE Entertaiment building and we quickly walk to one of the dance practice rooms.
 
We're not going to practice dance though. We will meet six new trainees who will be under our care for at least three months. They will be formed as one group in the future.
 
I take a glance at Yoseob. Bomi just approaches him, greeting him with a bright smile but Yoseob just responds her with a weak smile.
 
He must be thinking of Sora again. Because I do the same.
 
Is she alright? When will she return to Seoul?
 
Mina is with us right now. She will be the one to documentate our activities for today. She has been the one who did that for the last two weeks.
 
"My name is Jung Maehwa. I am the oldest member," a girl with short hair bows to us.
 
Next to her is Lee Aemi, the main rapper in the group. Then there is Lee Aeri, Lee Aemi's twin sister, as the lead vocalist. Next to Aeri is Yong Soeun, the main dancer, and Kang Minso, the lead dancer.
 
And the last is Im Bomi, the main vocalist of the group.
 
Actually the new system is a real disadvantage for Yoseob. We will be in charge for one trainee and Yoseob will be in charge of Bomi since she is the main vocalist.
 
I will be in charge of Soeun to discover and learn more about dance as her focus. Doojoon will be in charge of Maehwa, Hyunseung for Minso, Junhyung for Aemi, and Dongwoon for Aeri.
 
When we're done with our introduction as well, Doojoon wants them to show their skills so we can know their current skills.
 
Soeun is indeed a good dancer even though, of course, she is still lacking some points when she dances. while Soeun has trained for more than three years, Minso just started her training last year so she lacks the technique compared to Soeun.
 
"Bomi, your turn," Doojoon turns to Bomi. "Any song you want to sing with Aeri?
 
"Ah," Bomi looks at Yoseob, "can Yoseob Oppa sing with us for the opening part maybe?"
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
Mina told me yesterday that they will have a training session today at CUBE Entertaiment building. Without even confirming this to Doojoon or Mina again, I go straight to the building and search for them in the dance practice room.
 
I knocked the door three times before opening it slowly, finding BEAST members and six trainees in front of them.
 
My eyes widen when I see Bomi in front of Yoseob.
 
There they are again.
 
"Sora Unnie!" Mina runs to me and hugs me tight. "You're back!"
 
I pat her back gently, not letting a smile to slip away on my lips, "Thank you for covering my works."
 
"Hey, you didn't tell me you would return to Seoul today," Doojoon approaches me with a smile. "How are you now?"
 
"Better," I answer shortly, trying my best not to look at Yoseob or Bomi. Even though Gikwang has explained to me about Bomi when I was at the hospital, I still can't hold back the jealousy.
 
After all, Bomi is not the main reason I broke up with Yoseob.
 
"You should have told me, Sora!" Hyunseung grins. "We can have a party again tonight!"
 
"I have a work to do tonight," I tell him the truth. "I must catch up with my works so I think I will pass a party if there will be one."
 
Hyunseung and Dongwoon make faces of disappointment but I do need to work on my tasks that have been abandoned by me in these last two weeks.
 
"Ah, Sora Unnie!" Bomi smiles widely and bows to me. "My name is Im Bomi. I haven't introduced myself properly last time."
 
I nod slightly and look at the other trainees. They bow to me and introduce themselves one by one.
 
"I'm Kim Sora," I bow slightly. "Nice to meet you."
 
"I'm your fans!" Bomi squeaks happily. "I love your photographs!"
 
"She is the best!" Mina adds with a grin. "I love her photographs too."
 
I smile simply and turn to Doojoon, "Sorry to disturb the training. I will take over the tasks from Mina. You can continue the training."
 
I don't want to work when there are Yoseob and Bomi but then again, I'm a professional, right?
 
"Fine," Yoseob mutters to Bomi. "I will sing the first part and you can continue with Aeri after the refrain."
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
When Sora opens the door, I hold my breath. After two weeks without her, she is finally back with us. But her face doesn't show any sign that she will take back her words of breaking up with me.
 
I want to hug her. I want to tell her how much I miss her. But I know she doesn't want me to do that. After all, I don't want to argue in front of our juniors, do I?
 
"Sure," Bomi responds. "What will we sing?"
 
"Without You," I take a glance at Sora but she doesn't show me any expression.
 
Without You is the song by G.Na. It's a ballad song and actually I'm not really good with this song since it's a song that sang by a girl but then again Sora used to listen to this song.
 
I take a deep breath as I remember the lyrics. I close my eyes and start to sing the song.
 
"Ojebuto neryo-oneun bitmuri kkeuchi naji ana
Ttorojineun ne nunmulchorom
Oneulbuto sijakdweneun ibyori nogi sirojigo mara
Uneun ne olgulchorom"
 
The rain that started to fall since yesterday is not stopping
Just like my falling tears
I don’t want to look at the separation that starts from today
Just like my crying face
 
The others are looking at me with serious expressions, except Sora. She is busy with her camera, preparing herself for taking pictures.
 
"Nappunira mar-hago heojiji aneulkkoran mareur-hago
We nareul ttona"
 
You said you only had me and we were never going to break up
But why are you leaving me?
 
I never should have mentioned the broke up before. I'm such a fool.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I try to make myself busy with my DSLR even though there is nothing to do. I avoid Yoseob's eyes, knowing that he always look at me while singing a ballad song.
 
I know this song. This is beautiful song but he said that it's a sad song.
 
"Without you - Amugotdo haji mot-haneun nanikka
Without you - Odiedo gaji mot-haneun nanikka
Sonkkoba haru iteul saheul naheul nol gidaryo
Dasi nege doraol ttekkaji, Dasi nareur-anajul ttekkaji
Nol gidaril goya a day by day"
 
Without You – I can’t do anything
Without You – I can’t go anywhere
I count down and wait one, two, three, four days
Until the day you come back to me, till you hug me again
I will wait for you day by day
 
My heart skips a beat.
 
It's just a song, isn't it?
 
But why is my heart aching when I listen to his singing?
 
He stops after the first refrain and Bomi continues the song. Her voice is extremely beautiful. The girl named Aeri also sings after the bridge, showing off her voice. Just with a song, I know that Bomi has a real talent of singing.
 
She is talented. And somehow I have a feeling that she will make a good couple with Yoseob.
 
Geez. What are you thinking, Sora?
 
So unrelated.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
We clap once Bomi and Aeri are done with the song. Their voices are great and I figure out why Bomi is the main vocalist of the group.
 
Her expression, her voice, her gestures. Even if it's just a training, she showed off her best.
 
"Then the last is Aemi," Doojoon smiles to the girl who has exactly same face with Aeri but her hair is shorter than her twin sister.
 
"Can I hear Sora Unnie sing?"
 
I can see Sora's eyes widen upon Bomi's question.
 
"You know it's a Valentine's day and I want to listen to Sora Unnie's voice," Bomi approaches her and holds her hand. "Please. I'm a big fan of you."
 
"I'm not good at singing," she answers calmly. "It's better if you just ask the others."
 
"Let's try A Bitter Day," Bomi says as if she didn't listen to Sora. "Aemi will sing Hyuna Unnie's rap part and Junhyung Oppa can sing his own part of the song."
 
I don't know why but Bomi has some similarities with Mina. But then she is just too cheerful and bright to become someone we can hate or dislike.
 
Sora frowns. I know she doesn't want to sing but she can't refuse this request as well. I take a glance at Yoseob. He is looking at Sora but he doesn't say anything; looks like he is hoping Sora will sing.
 
"Bomi," I take a step forward. "Sora just got back from Paris. I think she is tired."
 
Bomi gives me a disappointment looks but then her lips form into a smile, "You're right. Maybe next time. Right, Unnie?"
 
Sora nods and murmurs, "Maybe next time."
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
They continue the training for around an hour. Mina accompanies me along the training, giving me the update of their activities including her documentation in the last two weeks.
 
Once the training is done, one by one leaves the dance practice room. I excuse myself to the cafetaria to buy something to drink.
 
"Sora Unnie."
 
I turn around just after I pushed the button of the elevator. Bomi is walking to my stand with a smile on her face.
 
"I'm sorry but can I ask you something?" she looks nervous somehow, making me to frown over her gesture.
 
"Ne?" I tilt my head.
 
She shows me the photobook she's holding in her hand. It's the first photobook of BEAST that has been published last year.
 
"Can I have your autograph?" she says her request, offering me a pen. "I really adore your photographs, Unnie."
 
I can't help myself to smile because of her request. I take the pen and sign the cover of the photobook in silence.
 
"There you go," I hand over the photobook and the pen.
 
"Thank you!" her bright smile shows up as she hugs the photobook, as if it is the most precious thing in the world for her. "I need to ask Yoseob Oppa's signature after this!"
 
My heart skips a beat because of Yoseob's name.
 
"I really envy you, Unnie," Bomi looks at me with a cheerful expression. "You must be the happiest girlfriend in the world to have Yoseob Oppa as your boyfriend."
 
"Do you want to be his girlfriend?" I mutter the question calmly. I don't know why I ask this question; it's just slipped out from my mouth.
 
To my surprise, Bomi's cheeks turn to red. She blushes.
 
I clench my fists. I know this kind of reaction.
 
"Do you like Yoseob?" I ask with caution in my words yet I try to keep calm.
 
"Unnie, he has you!" Bomi giggles awkwardly.
 
Yes, she likes Yoseob.

Photobucket