24 Bittersweet

Bittersweet Heart
[Gikwang's POV]
 
"So, what do you think?" Yoseob gives me his ultimate cute expression, blinking impatiently for my respond. "Yah! Tell me!"
 
"Calm down!" I laugh as I push him away from me. "I haven't seen it clearly because of you!"
 
He pouts and sits down, crossing his legs. He looks at me, waiting for my reaction of the small jewelry box on my hand.
 
Four months have passed since Sora returned to Seoul. Unfortunately, she doesn't work as our personal photography anymore since she is focusing on her work as a part of research team.
 
But she has promised us to take a new contract next year as our personal photographer again. Mina will be focusing on her college next year so it is a wise decision because fans love our photobooks.
 
We just celebrated Junhyung's birthday this morning and Yoseob dragged Junhyung after the birthday party without letting Sora to know where he went to; he asked Hara to accompany Sora.
 
All of us had our own schedules during the afternoon while Junhyung is going on a date with Hara right now. Well, it's his special day.
 
And I knew where he went to but I couldn't tell Sora.
 
Today will be a big day for Yoseob.
 
"It's perfect for her," I smile, returning the box to him. "She is going to love it for sure."
 
"Yes!" Yoseob hits the air with his fist to show his happiness. "I will meet her tonight. Ah, I'm so nervous!"
 
"Our little boy is going to be a man tonight!" Doojoon appears from nowhere and ruffles Yoseob's hair with a big grin. "I envy you!"
 
"Yah!" Yoseob escapes from Doojoon's teasing action. "Find your own girlfriend then!"
 
"You're too cocky," Doojoon pinches his cheeks playfully. "You're really lucky to have Sora!"
 
I smile as they start to quarrel again. I agree that Yoseob is a lucky man to have Sora. And Sora is really lucky to have Yoseob.
 
They are meant to be together.
 
They really love each other.
 
I think I can move on from my feeling towards her now. Well, I must move on sooner or later though, especially after today.
 
I never regretted my love for her. Sora is a lovable girl and I'm glad that I fell in love with her even though she never happened to return my feeling.
 
Now I just pray for her happiness. That's all.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
Junhyung helped me to pick it. I knew I should have asked Hara to help me rather than Junhyung but I needed Hara to distract Sora away from me without any suspicion.
 
Well, I think it's a perfect choice.
 
The next day after Sora returned to Seoul, I met President by myself. I talked to him about me and Sora.
 
"I can't accept this kind of game, Yoseob," he frowned, giving me cautioun within his words. "You told your fans about you and her in a relationship, you announced that you broke up with her, and now you're getting back with her again."
 
"Please," I bowed to him. "I really love her. What happened between us was a misunderstanding and I promise it won't happen again. I promise."
 
He sighed heavily and I still didn't dare to straighten my body, waiting for his respond.
 
"You two are unbelievable," the President said calmly. "Sora met me this morning, telling me the exactly same thing with you."
 
My eyes widened because of his words. Sora came to talk with him?
 
"I think I can't separate two hearts that belong to be together, can I?" President gave me a warm smile.
 
Sora is on her way back from her office after a meeting. I've called her, telling her that I will be waiting for her on the rooftop.
 
I've been planning about this big plan since two months ago and I want tonight to be memorable for both of us.
 
"Yoseob Oppa?"
 
I jump a little because of the sudden call. Sora closes the door behind her and walks to me with her usual simple smile.
 
"It's really cold here," she touches my cheek. I notice that she is wearing the white scarf that I gave her once. "Can't we talk in my room?"
 
I take a deep breathe.
 
This is the time, Yoseob.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
It's really cold considering it is nearly the end of the year now. I quickly grab the white scarf that once belonged to Yoseob and rush to the rooftop; Yoseob must have been waiting for me.
 
These last four months are our moments to adapt with everything. Yoseob has been trying his best to understand my workaholic habit but he will nag whenever I work too hard. And I've been trying to understand his stubborness.
 
He does it because he loves me.
 
My relationship and Gikwang is as good as brother and sister now. Yoseob is rarely being jealous to Gikwang nowadays. And the rest of other members care for me as their usual selves.
 
"Yoseob Oppa?" I call him once I arrived at the rooftop.
 
He turns to me with surprised expression, having his hands in his pockets; it's really cold up here.
 
"It's really cold her. Can't we talk in my room?" I touch his cold cheek, giving him worried look.
 
"I want to talk here. At our special spot," he says after taking a deep breathe. He looks really serious all of a sudden.
 
I tilt my head, waiting for him to continue but then I remember something that I'm bringing with me, "Ah!"
 
He jumps a little because of my sudden act. I take a photo from my pocket, showing it to him. A bright smile blossoms on his face as he takes it from my hand.
 
"My sister just sent it this morning," I explain. "She wants us to keep it."
 
It's a picture of me, Yoseob, and my sister's son with Junghwa. Yes, they have a child now.
 
His name is Junghyun, derived from "Jung" of Junghwa and "Hyun" from Sohyun. He was born on November 1st this year.
 
The picture was taken on my birthday. Both of me and Yoseob visited their house during my birthday after a small party with the other members in my room. My sister insisted me to take a picture together with her son and Yoseob.
 
"Can I keep this photo?" Yoseob asks with excitement.
 
"Sure," I smile. I love to see his happy smile. "It is a wonderful picture."
 
"Sora ah," his serious expression appears again after he put the photo in his jacket. "Can I ask you a question?"
 
"Sure," I reply calmly. "Anything."
 
"What do you think about Yora name?" he frowns in a cute way, making me to hold my laughter. "Yah, why are you laughing?"
 
"Why did you ask that question?" I ask him back. I thought he was going to ask something else.
 
"Nothing. "Yo" from Yoseob and "Ra" from Sora. Isn't it cute?" he explains with wide grin. "I think it will be a great name if we have a child."
 
I blush madly because of his joking statement. Geez. He never thought before he said something.
 
"Do you know that today is a special date?" the question comes from him. He is resting his forehead on mine, examining my face with his eyes.
 
"Eh?" I blink. "What's with December 19th?"
 
"Try to figure it out," he wraps his arms around my waist, sending me warmth through the coldness.
 
"Because today is Junhyung's birthday?" I make a guess but he chuckles on my answer; so it's not the right answer.
 
"Do you know that December 19th is the date between your birthday and mine?" he cups my face gently. "You can check it on the calendar. Between December 2nd and January 5th."
 
"Ah," that's all my reaction.
 
"And I want to make the date more special tonight," he takes something out from his pocket. He steps backward and then bends on his knee.
 
My heart starts to beat uncontrollably as I see a small jewelry box from his pocket.
 
"Kim Sora," he smiles at me sweetly, showing me a beautiful diamond ring. "Will you marry me?"
 
I gasp because of the happiness is overflowing within me.
 
"I know I'm not good enough to marry you for now," Yoseob gives me a warm smile. "But can we start with the engagement? This will be your real engagement ring."
 
Yoseob returned the "YS" pendant to me a week after we got back together. I put the pendant around my neck again since he bought me new chain necklace. The one thing that he asked me to think of as an engagement ring.
 
But now he is proposing me.
 
I think my heart can jump out if it can; my happiness is making my tears of joy to roll down out of my control.
 
"Yes," I wipe away my tears and smile happily to him. "Yes, Yang Yoseob. Yes."
 
He sighs in relief, standing on his feet. He puts the beautiful ring on my left hand ring finger. He kisses the back of my hand and then my forehead.
 
"Please wait till our wedding day, will you?" he whispers, fighting the coldness of December.
 
"I will," I smile to assure him.
 
My heart has felt the bitterness of love. My heart has tasted the sweetness of love.
 
And I can't stop loving Yoseob.
 
"Tell me the magic word," Yoseob lifts my chin with his finger, giving me his sweetest smile.
 
I smile and mutter the word between the kiss.
 
"Saranghae."