02 Uneasy

Bittersweet Heart

[Yoseob's POV]

"Pick it up, pick it up," I murmur vividly as I hit the call button again. I wait for Sora to pick the call but looks like she is ignoring my call.

I needed to attend a sudden yet important meeting at CUBE Entertainment building. It's about the new variety show that included me as one of the main guest stars. The concept is to give variety show tips and tricks for new trainees of CUBE Entertaiment building.

I know I should have told her earlier; I tried to tell her as soon as possible. I thought she would return earlier. How could I know she would be really late?

I needed to turn off my phone because I was in the middle of meeting with the President and other important staffs of the variety show when she called me.


I've sent her almost twenty text messages but she didn't even reply any of that. She didn't pick my call and she didn't even respond when Hyunseung knocked on the door; I asked his help to tell her to pick my call.

Where is she?

Once I arrive at the apartment, I rush to her room, knocking impatiently. But looks like she is not in her room.

I take out my phone from my pocket. There is only one person in my mind now.

I really hope he can help me even though a part of me keeps telling me that this is too risky.

But I believe in him. I need to get rid of this uneasy feeling as soon as possible.


[Gikwang's POV]

I was looking for new magazine to read at a bookstore near our apartment when my phone vibrates.

I see Yoseob's name on the screen. Why does he suddenly call me?

"Where are you?" he quickly blurts out a question, even before I greeted him.

"Bookstore," I look around to find another magazine. "Why? Do you need something?"

"I need your help," he clears his throat awkwardly. "Can you please call Sora for me?"

"Sora?" I stop my movement all of a sudden.

Why is he asking me this request?

"Yoseob ah," I sigh. "Don't tell me you're fighting with her again."

"Aish, you can lecture me later," he groans. "She is not in her room, I guess. And she didn't reply my text messages. She didn't pick my calls either. I need to know where she is."

I rub my head, confused with their relationship. They always looked like a flawless couple before; the professional photographer who works as well for research project team and the mai
n vocalist of an idol group.

Every girl will be envy Sora while men, including me, will think that Yoseob is a very lucky guy to have her a
s his girlfriend.

But this image has collapsed within these last two weeks. Even the other members have been aware by this condition.

Doojoon asked me to tell him immediately if I feel something is wrong. He doesn't want any kind of disturbance to happen; for all of us.

"Fine, I'll try to call her," I say. "I will tell you where she is after that."

"Thank you, thank you," Yoseob sounds relieved. "I will be waiting in our room. Please tell her I want to talk with her."

"I know," I respond and I bid him goodbye. I close the conversation line and put my phone back in my pocket.

I stop looking for magazine. I walk out from the bookstore as I try to call Sora.

I was thinking that maybe she would not pick my call either before I hear the clicked sound, the sign that she picks my call.

"Sora?" I mutter her name carefully.

"Ne?" she responds.

She picks my call.


[Sora's POV]

I'm in a really bad mood. I've never been this mad before. Not when Mina disturbed me before. Not even when Yoseob forgot about our 100 days anniversary because he's too busy that day.

Come to think of it, maybe that was the day I started to think that he would accept the fact that both of us are busy.

He knows for sure that I'm a workaholic and I know that he is really serious when it comes to his work.

On the day of our 100 days anniversary, I cancelled all meetings with my clients and research project team. I've told Yoseob that we're going to watch a musical drama that day. I was planning to ask him to accompany me to a new cafe after that.

But he never came. He didn't show up even after I waited for an hour in front of the building where the musical drama was held.

I was sure that he said that he would meet me after his schedule, that's why I arrived first at our appointment place.

When I called him, he was sleeping in his room, totally forgot about our date. He apologized to me around hundred times, telling me that he thought that our anniversary was the next day.

I was really mad but after he made an amend for it; yes, he asked me for a romantic dinner two days after that as he apologized to me again, I said to forget about it.

I could understand that he is a really busy idol. That's why I thought he would understand my works too.

But looks like I was wrong.

My phone vibrates; Gikwang calls me. Should I pick the call? I've been avoiding Yoseob since this evening; it's been an hour since he tried to contact me.

I take a deep breath, knowing that I can't drag Gikwang into this mess. I pick his call.

"Sora?" he murmurs my name.

"Ne?" I respond simply, as usual.

"Where are you?" he asks calmly. "Can we meet?"

"Sure, as long as you're not with Yoseob," I say with sarcastic tone.

"Sora ah," he mutters. "I'm all alone. I'm at a bookstore actually. Can we meet at the coffee shop?"

"Sure," I rest my chin on my arm. "I'm at the coffee shop now actually."


[Gikwang's POV]

So there she is, sitting in the corner of the coffee shop with her camera. There is a glass of hot chocolate in front of her while she is looking at the pictures in her camera.

"Hey," I greet her and sit across from her. "How long have you been here?"

"Almost three hours, I guess," she shrugs and puts back her camera to the camera back. "What do you want to talk about?"

Straight-forward. Just like usual.

"You know," I try to relax the atmosphere, "it reminds me of our first visit to this coffee shop. The day I knew that you dislike coffee."

She doesn't respond. Of course. She only shows her expresionless face to me.

I smile and continue, "It has been a year. A lot of things have happened. Don't you agree with me?"

She nods slightly but doesn't say a word.

"Why do you bring your camera here?" I try to open a new topic for our conversation.

"Nothing," she takes a glance at her camera bag. "I just feel better when I bring my camera around with me."

"You're really mad at Yoseob, aren't you?" I finally hit the mark. "He sounds really worried when he asked me where you are."

"So you came here for him," Sora sighs. "I can't believe he even asked you to come."

"Hey, he did it because he loves you," I try to calm her down.

I know she is quite calm but I guess Yoseob did something he only knows that made Sora like this. But then I need to help him; I don't want to let them stay in trouble, after everything they have been through.

"I didn't ask him to do anything for me," Sora mutters. "I just want him to understand my works. That's all."

"We have this conversation before, haven't we?" I look at her with assuring smile. "And you said that you will try to understand him. Right?"

"I...," she pauses for seconds, taking a deep breath.

"I know it's hard for both of you, but I'm sure you can work it out somehow. You've been through things worse than this," I convince her despite the fact that my heart is aching when I tell her.

Deep inside my heart, I feel that I can make her happier, but I shove away the thought, keep telling myself that she is happy with Yoseob.

I'm not going to ruin their relationship.


[Sora's POV]

After ten minutes of conversation, I decide to return to the apartment since it's almost dinner time.

"Are you feeling better now?" Gikwang asks me when we're on our way back to apartment.

"I think so," I manage to smile. "Thank you."

"You're very welcome," he pats my head softly. "Just talk to me whenever you need someone to complaint about Yoseob. My ears are ready for it."

I hold my laughter as I look at Gikwang silently. He doesn't change at all. His sincere smile, his loving attitude, his care for me.

Sometimes I do wonder why I can't fall for him.

Wait, wait, Sora, what are you thinking? You're Yoseob's girlfriend!

"Ah," Gikwang suddenly stops when we almost reach our apartment. He looks at the night sky in awe. "Tonight is so beautiful."

I look above and he's right; it's starry night.

I take out my camera and try to take a picture of the night sky. I try to set the focus as I point the camera to Gikwang.

He is still looking the night sky with excitement on his face. I click the button, capturing his priceless expression in a picture.

"Yah, did you just take a picture of me?" he turns and approaches me.

"Kind of," I can't help myself to smile when I look at the result. "You look really innocent and happy in this picture."

"And you are so good with candid pictures," he laughs and pats my head. "So you're going to continue the contract, right?"

"For a month, yes. I'm considering for the one year term contract again," I put my camera back. "Why?"

"Just asking," he smiles sweetly to me as we walk in to the apartment, waiting for the elevator. "I will miss you if you decide to change your profession, you know."

Geez, why am I blushing now?

"You are always cute when you're blushing," he chuckles, making me blush even more.

Sora, stop! Aish.

Gikwang suddenly takes his phone out from the pocket. He looks really shocked when he looks at the screen.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Gikwang says in a rush after he picked the call. "We're on our way back."

When the elevator is opened, I can see someone is standing, waiting for the elevator with the phone near his ear.

Yoseob.

"I'm waiting for your call," Yoseob groans. "I'm going there now. Where ar-"

He stops talking as soon as he looks at us.

My heart skips a beat when I look at his eyes. He looks extremely angry.

"Finally," he sighs when we step out from the elevator. "We need to talk."

Before even I could reply, another elevator is opened and a girl with petite figure and long hair steps out from the elevator.

I've seen her before. Her face is familiar. But where...?

"Ah, Yoseob Oppa!" she squeaks and rushes to Yoseob's side. She hugs him without hesitation, right in front of me. "What a coincidence."

"B-Bomi," Yoseob stammers, glancing at me with panic tone.

The uneasy feeling called jealousy strikes me.

"Gikwang," I mutter under my breath, but it's still clear enough for them to hear. "I'm not going to have dinner. I need to sleep."

"W-wait," Yoseob tries to stop me but Bomi doesn't let go of him. "We need to talk."

"There is nothing we need to talk," I hiss and leave three of them in front of the elevator.

Photobucket