Lies

Jealous Spy {All Day Long Series* 4}

Your heart starts to beat faster. Not because of love, but because you're anxious. You're up next. Why the sudden pressure? You didn't feel so pressured a while ago. Oh yeah, that's right. It's cause you realized a while ago your teacher is in a pissy mood. Crap. She yelled twice as much to Kyon. Well then again, Kyon's was pretty bad. Procrastination will lead you no where. The classmate presenting now is stuttering. She's nervous too. You can tell.

"That's enough! You're not loud and clear!" Your teacher yells.

"Eep!" Your classmate shrieked and ran back to her desk and hid. Next Up. You. Take a deep breath. Exhale. Okay. You stand up and you walk up to the center of the front of the room. You hold up your paper for the explanation of your design and you set it down beside you.

"Hello, I'm Gan KiYeon, and this is an original created by me." You introduced. Your teacher kept silent. You cleared your throat and you continued, "All parts of the shorts were created by me." You paused, "The shirt and cardigan, however were not made by me. The shirt did start out as a blank white shirt. I did, however, create the design on top of the shirt." You smiled. "The theme is August. August to me is the feeling of wearing something light during the day, but during the night, things can get cool." You chuckled. "And of course, when you walk out of your home, you want to do it in style." You placed your hand on your necklaces." One of them, I created. One of them, was given by a good friend of mine." You held up the necklace Siwan gave you.

"Her boyfriend~" Kyon called out. You shot a look at him and he smirked. You see your teacher chuckle. Is it working?

"With this outfit, girls can feel free when they go out. Which then so, ends my presentation." You smiled and bowed. Your classmates clap, but it wasn't an applaud. A formal and controlled clap. You smiled and you looked at your teacher. She's eyeing you. Is it bad?

"Alright. Sit down." She said. Your heart sank. What does that mean? Is it bad? You nod and walk to your seat. But she was smiling. So it is good, right? You couldn't stop thinking about it. Then a piece of paper was passed back to you, which was good, since it distracted you. You read it. Then you groan in your head. Another project? This time, it's about places in the world with fashion. Which one were you assigned to? Japan? Crap. You would've liked it if you got America. You look at the name, then you narrow your eyes. KYON. NOT KIYEON. You stand up, and take your bag with you, since class was already over. You walk over to Kyon.

"This is yours." You groaned. He looks at the paper.

"What?"

"This is your paper. You have my paper, I assume." You hand him the paper.

"OH, I GOT JAPAN. YES!" He cheered as he got the paper. Then he handed your paper to you. "I didn't want to get America." He said.

"Don't tell me you'll wear a Japanese uniform?" You asked.

"What else do they wear?"

"Ugh, do you even care about fashion?" You roll your eyes and you storm out of school. Kyon, trying to catch up to you, laughs the way he follows you.

"Is your boyfriend going to pick you up?" He asks.

"He's not my boy---" You stop when you remembered something.

"Boy...toy?" He asked. You shot him a look and punched his shoulder. He whimpers in pain, on the ground and you take out your cell phone for time.

"It's already 3! I need to go there!" You exclaimed.

"Whhhheeeerrreee." He groans from the ground.

"I need to apply for my job." You said.

"In that?"

"It suits the job I'm applying for." You smirked, and walked away, taking out a piece of paper heading to Star Empire Entertainment. You haven't gone there, actually. Near that place. Mapo-gu can be really busy, depending where you are. It is a big place though. Since we are in Seoul. You walk around, following the map. Hoping you won't get lost.

Too bad, you got lost. You never walked into the busy part of the big city. You look troubled and tried to read your map. It's not helping you out right now. Were you supposed to take a left, when you took a right? So you need to go left...and left again right? Right...No, left! Okay, this is confusing. Where the heck are you. You look around for something familiar. Nothing. There's bus stops everywhere, business building everywhere, and no Star Empire Entertainment. Maybe this is a sign. Maybe you shouldn't get the job. You sigh heavily and you find a bus stop. Any bus stop. Then you take a seat and wait for the bus to stop by your stop. You fold your map and you stuff it in your backpack. You look at your resume that's in your backpack. It's all nicely filled out and it's not wrinkled nor crumpled. You feel even more sad. Then you see your bus down the street. It's stuck in traffic, but oh well. You can wait. You look at all the cars in front of it. So many different cars.

White cars, silver cars, red cars, green cars, black cars, blue cars. You wonder if you should get a car. Too early? Well you can drive, but walking is healthier. It's not like you have a job that requires you to drive anyway. When the time comes, you'll get a car. You could see through the windows of some cars. Even if they are tinted. Inside a blue car, an old man, looking annoyed at the traffic. A silver car, a young woman, talking on the phone, not caring about the traffic.  A green car, an old lady honking at the cars in front of her. Obviously angry and late for something. A black car, an middle aged man driving a lot of guys. The usual.

Wait, let's reverse this thing right here. A lot of guys. Let's guess. Nine guys? Maybe they're heading for Star Empire Entertainment! But, would it be bad to follow them there? That might be stalking. You can see Siwan. He's sitting in the front. You smile, happy to see him. But then you remember this morning and your face flushed. You slide your hand to the back of your neck. You can remember the feeling of his lips lingering there. You look away, hoping you won't get noticed. But your bus is so far away. You squint to see if there's a bus stop there, so they could just pick you up there. Yes? No? Maybe so...You groan. This . You're lost, there's traffic, and you're afraid Siwan might find you. Maybe you should just call Siwan.

Yeah! That's it! Call him! And pretend you're not there! Good good! You take out your cellphone and you look at the time. Crap. 3:20. Your interview is at 4, so you should really start heading there. You dial Siwan's number, and you push it to your ear. The ringing starts, and Siwan picks up the phone after two rings.

"Kiyeon-ah?" He asked.

"H-Hello~" You said, sounding happy. You look at the black van and you could see him talking on the phone. His eyes are wandering. Maybe you should sit down on the bench's corner. Where the papers are hiding your face.

"What's wrong?" He sounded worried.

"Nothing! I think I did good on the presentation. I have another project now."

"Oh, I see." He chuckled. "Hey wait, isn't your interview in like 35 minutes?" He asked. You gulped.

"Yeah, but I was wondering, where's the bulding from the 14th bus stop in Mapo-gu center?" You asked. You see him look at the bus stop, which makes you hide your face.

"You're there right now? I'm there too. Where are you? We'll just bring you there."

"No no! I-I'm not there. I-I'm at school. I was just wondering where to go, just in case I get lost." You stutter.

"Well, you go down the road, heading to the Hapjeong-dong. Then you just keep walking around until you see a big building with 'Star Empire Entertainment' on the top. It'll be hard to get in, but since there's an interview today, things are more wild." He explained. Great. Now you have to go through a pack of fangirls.

"Ah, I see! Sankyou Oppa. You said you're at Mapo-gu center already, right?" You asked.

"Yeah, I am. We're stuck in traffic."

"Oh, I see. Well, I'm heading there now." You smiled.

"Okay, see you there. I'm heading there." He said. You nodded. "Wait, why were you asking from the 14th bus stop?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" You say, acting like you didn't know. You start walking down the street, hiding your face from the traffic line.

"Kiyeon-ah...Is that you?!" He questioned. You scoff.

"Who? Where? I'm a-at school! Duh!" You said, before you hung up and started speed walking. You turned your head to look at the car Siwan was at. He's glaring right at you. You give him a playful smile and keep on walking.

To your wonderful luck, the traffic starts to clear. All cars are moving foreward now. Crap! He'll catch up! You try to run there, but you don't want to sweat in your outfit. You can see the cars moving foreward now. All of them, are easily driving to their places. You turn around and you see Siwan catching up to you. You assume he told his manager to pick you up. But you keep on walking. You turn to your right and you keep on walking. You notice Siwan went straight ahead. You guess he isn't following you after all! Phew!

You walk ahead and go around some buildings, thinking he might still be following you. You keep on walking, and turn a corner. You bump into this guy with a white hoodie and black shades on. Crap. You bow and step to the side. He does the same. You step to the other side, and he does the same. You look up and narrow your eyes.

"Excuse me, but I have to get to---" Your eyes widen. "O-Oppa?" You stutter and gulp. He raises an eyebrow and you remove your eyes from his face.

"Care to explain?" He starts. You bite your bottom lip and you break into a run, heading to Star Empire Entertainment and you see Siwan running after you. You end up being caught by the wrist. "Why do you keep running from me?" He questions. You try to break your wrist free, but no use.

"Oppa! Let go! I need to get this job!" You struggle.

"No, not until you tell me why you keep avoiding all my offers to come with you."

"You're so annoying!" You yell at him and break free. "Gosh! Why are you so clingy?! I. Need. Space. Got it? Now leave me alone!" You yell. Then after a silent pause, you look up at him and you see him with a hurt expression. You suddenly feel guilty and you start to think of your apology, but it all stops.

"Fine." He said. "I'm sorry I got involved with you in the first place." He said, and then walked away.

"O-Oppa!" You call out. No response. He didn't stop. He didn't turn. He just kept on walking. To where? To where you're going to go. Star Empire Entertainment.

Now you feel that there's a blockade between you and Siwan and your heart fell. What have you done?