Research

Jealous Spy {All Day Long Series* 4}

You check out the time. 8 PM. Seems about right. You have been working on this since 3 PM. So five hours would be correct. You look at the outfit on the mannequin. There's a white loose shirt made of silk with a small pink cotton cardigan. There's denim shorts with pink patches from left over fabric on the pockets. It's a bit too girly, but it's your style. You look at the white plain shirt. Maybe you should design it with spray paint. Yeah, you'll do that. You take off the cardigan and strip the mannequin of the shirt. You go into your design area and put on your mask. You started to spray on flowers on the shirt. It looks good. You blow dry it to quickly dry and you put on a glove to check if it is dry or not. Dry. Good. You put the shirt back on the mannequin and you slip on the cardigan. What else can you add to this? Maybe a heart necklace? No. You put flowers on the shirt. So a flower necklace. You get a shiny flower bead and create a necklace out of it. You put it around your mannequin.

"Good. Now, I shall wear this on Friday." You smiled and headed to your room. You flopped on your bed and grabbed the remote on the floor. You turn the television on and you suddenly see fashion.

"--Ah's new outfits for their new single: Exciting!!" The reporter said. You tilt your head.

"Ah...? Wait..." You look at the caption. "ZE:A? OH! So, it's pronounced as Zee-Ah." You laugh. "Who's that KwangHee guy that everyone's telling me I act like sometimes?" You see to look for him. You see nine members dress in white at some mountainous area. You examine the member's face. They look strangely familiar. The camera was about to zoom into their faces, but your cellphone rang. You looked at the caller ID. Kyon. You flip your phone open. Oh, it's a text.

"Can I come over? -KY-ON!" It reads. You look around. Do you want his presence right now? It's late! "No! I'm heading to bed already! -KIY-ON!" You send. Then you turn off your phone. When you look back up, the news was talking about something else. Oh well. Those white outfits were good for the August Summer look. You turn off your television and headed to the computer. Maybe you should listen to some of their music. One of your classmates were fangirling about them. Another was giving a CD. But you seldom hear them talk about ZE:A. They must not be so popular, then.

You go to YouTube and look for ZE:A songs. The first result from typing in 'ZE:A' is their song 'Mazeltov.' You never heard of it. Is it their debut song? You read the description. Oh, it is. You click on it and listen to the song, while watching the music video.

When the song ends, and the music video ends, your mouth is wide open.

"Wow, they look and sound well here!" You exclaim. You check the date of this music video. January 7th, 2010. That's more than a year ago. No wonder they look different here than in television. In tv, they look so much...bright and bubbly. And here, they're so dark and focused.

One person really caught your eye though. The guy in a blue cover. What's his name? Hmmm, you'll find out somehow. You look up, 'Making of mazeltov ZE:A' and you get a two responses. The first response was ZE:A recording Mazeltov. The second response is the real making of. You click on it and you watch it. The first guy that shows up is your guy! Well...Not your guy. But the guy who you think is cute. You examine his outfit. It's so...fitting for him. You wondered if they chose the outfits. Boy, you would love to be their dress cordinator for a while. You just need to finish college here, and you're free to do so.

Well, speaking of jobs, you should get one. Isn't there something in the fashion industry that you can do? There hasn't been any new ads in the newspaper. Well...You didn't check today's paper. Maybe you should? Nah, you feel lazy. Maybe you'll check it tomorrow morning. You should get some sleep.

You turn off the lights in your room and head off to sleep.

 

The next morning, you wake up early because you want to take a quick morning jog and shower. You look at the time. 4 AM. That's good. You pull a hoodie over your tank top and you head out of your apartment. You think of starting from the end to the other end. Maybe you should do that four times. You casually walk to the end and you suddenly stop when you see the husband from yesterday. You tilt your head. They're your neighbors in the other apartment? Hmmm. Interesting. He notices you and he awkwardly waves. You wave back and start jogging. The husband stares at you and watches what you are doing. Then another guy comes out. He looks like he was one of the handsome guys from yesterday. You wave to them and continued your lap.

Two done. Two more to go. You look back at the guys. There's five of them now. Did they just multiply? Why are all of them living together? You awkwardly wave to them too and you do your last lap. You come back to the starting point and see nine guys all out watching you. That's...kind of creepy? You do your awkward wave to them. This time they all wave back. Then one comes out of the group and hands you a bottle of water. You shake your head and your were about to reject it, but the guy insists. You nod and take it.

"Thank you, sir." You bow. He smirks and shakes his head.

"Call me Woongjae." He nods and extends out his hand. You narrow your eyes.

"Woong...jae?" You ask.

"Ah, sorry. You can call me Siwan for short." He awkwardly said. You look at his hand and you shake it. Siwan? You look up at him and examine his face.

"Have we met before?" You asked. He thinks about it.

"The wedding yesterday?" He reminded.

"Besides that..." You think.

"No, why?"

"You look familiar." You said as you try to think. "Your face...I'm sure I've seen it somewhere." You think really hard. He chuckles at the way you're thinking. You're looking down and scrunching your nose. Then a voice called out.

"Okay! All ZE:A members! Let's get ready!" An ajusshi calls out. He notices you and covers his mouth. Your eyes widen and you look up.

"ZE:A!" You recall. "Ah! I remember now! ZE:A's Im Siwan!" You smile. "I see. You guys are my neighbors!" You smile. "Well, bye!" You said as you get ready to leave. But Siwan pulls you back and into their apartment.

They lock you inside with them. "Uh...Guys? What's wrong?" You ask.

"Listen, you can't tell anyone that we live here." Siwan explained. You tilt your head.

"Why not?" You wonder.

"Because you might create a scandal if you go around and gossip." A guy with red hair explained.

"Or, the paparazzi might catch you in here and a scandal might be created." A guy with blonde hair added. You tilted your head.

"Who are you two?" You asked. All their eyes widened.

"You don't know us?" A guy with glasses asked. You shook your head.

"I only know Siwan. I researched you guys yesterday, but I wasn't able to catch your names." You said as you look at your watch. 5:11 AM. Okay. You still have time to shower.

"I'm Moon JunYoung. The leader." The guy with the red hair said.

"I'm Ha Minwoo. The dance machine." The guy with blonde hair said.

"I'm Kim TaeHun. One of the rappers." The guy with glasses said.

"I'm Jung HeeChul. The other rapper." The guy with very interesting eyes said.

"I'm Kim Kevin. The Australian charisma." The guy who looked a bit foreign said.

"I'm Hwang KwangHee. The diva~!" The guy with a wide smile winked. You got a shiver down your spine.

"A-Aren't you married?" You asked.

"Don't mind him. He's like that." A short guy sighed. "I'm Kim DongJun. The maknae." He smiled.

"I'm Park HyungShik. The gremlin prince." A tall guy smiled. You nodded and bowed to all of them.

"I, Gan KiYeon, 21, study in the Kyung Hee University of Seoul, South Korea. I live two apartments away, and I'm currently residing alone. I live in room 1B and I do not have a boyfriend. I vow to not tell anyone that you live here." You raise a hand. "And you guys can practically hunt me down now if I break that promise." You smirk. "I am fluent in Korean, Japanese, and English." You added. "I was born and raised in Korea. When I was 12, I moved to Japan for my parent's business. I now come back home alone to finish college here." You smile. "There. A profile on my personal life. Do you guys believe me? I'm not a fangirl...yet, so I'm not going to ruin your lives when I first meet you. Even when I am a fangirl, I'm still not going to do so. I respect your personal life." You get up. "Now may I please go home? I might be late for school." You said. "And my friend Kyon is going to pick me up, and your location might be revealed." You sigh. "He's a bit of...a bigmouth." You roll your eyes.

After a silence, Siwan breaks into a laugh. "Ah, you're interesting!" He pats your back. "I believe her. Am I alone?" He said. JunYoung and HyungShik nodded.

"We believe her." They said in sync and smiled. The rest of ZE:A smiled and nodded. You smiled.

"You guys are nice. I need to listen to your music." You said. They smiled and nodded again and let you go. You started to walk back to your apartment. What time is it? You look at your watch. 6 AM. WHAT? YOU MIGHT BE LATE! YOU STILL HAVE TO WALK THERE!