Chapter Twenty Four

Say That You Love Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Twenty Four

 

 

Dee and I have been in a relationship for four years and I can say it’s not an easy journey. Yes, we’re happy, we fought and goof around but overall, we are happy and that all matters right? Why am I saying this? Well, this past few days, marriage has been crossing my mind. No matter how livid he killed the idea, it’s always crawling back like a freaking worm in my mind.

 

Funny because four years ago I’m sure to myself that I’ll get old alone and contented, never knew that life with the woman you love will bring so much happiness and contentment, and oh! Don’t forget about the rainbows, unicorn, puppy, gun, knife and even some war crafts. Yeah, that’s how relationship works.

 

When did the thought first appear? Well, it first appeared when he’s in the middle of a meeting in a conference room in an exclusive hotel. Honestly? One of their partner’s representative was presenting a very interesting presentation, all the attention of the people inside the conference was on the speaker except one, the CEO of Park’s Incorporation, Park Chanyeol who was busy staring at the white tablecloth.

 

White signify light like what Dara to him, his light. He was busy daydreaming about his woman and the colour white when a thought suddenly invaded his mind and said it out loud, “Should I get marry already?” his eyes were searching for answer when he finally noticed that the attention was on him. He grinned sheepishly, embarrassed but the reaction of one of the stockholder caught him off guard.

 

Mr. Nam actually smiled at him, it’s a bit creepy because they’re age is not that far from another and besides this man was a sassy one, the one who always don’t give a damn on what is happening as long as it didn’t affect the stock. “Well, that’s a shocking question that only you can answer Mr. Park” he smiled kindly then snapped his finger, “Now that you mention that, there’s a wedding  going on at the largest function hall in this hotel, it’s just three doors down.”

 

Didn’t I mention that I believe in sign? That after I blurted out that question I suddenly thought that if I saw a bride today then it’s a sign that I should get marry. He gave Taehyun a reluctant stare, “Are you sure? You’re not playing?” The meeting was long forgotten as the two talked. Kris was supposed to be here to represent the Wu’s but instead he didn’t came for unknown reason. That’s good.

 

Taehyun waved his hand as if dismissing him, “Go look for yourself…”

 

Chanyeol stood and bowed at the others stockholder then muttered, “I’ll be back. I’m just going to check on what Mr. Nam said…” and without glancing back, he walked his way out. Mixed in emotion, Chanyeol walked down the hallway to the third door and what he saw left him stunned. There in front of him is a bride, happily smiling as she marched toward the function hall. Damn. This is the sign he asked. What to do? But then, he’s not labelled as stubborn by his grandfather for nothing, he asked again for another sign.

 

 

Chanyeol was being a lazy when his grandfather arrived from visiting his mom in states, as he turn to look at his pops, Chanyeol’s eyebrows furrowed. Why did he looked happy and tired at the same time? “Pops? Why are you like that?”

 

“Like what?” Yoochun used his hat as a fan to produced air, he felt hot. Yoochun was long retired from managing their business as he took over, he may can’t still at one place before but all thanks to Dara, now he can. He’s been managing their business for years now, with him being stuck inside the office. Dara didn’t bother to look for more opportunity and decided to stay where he is.

 

Chanyeol mimicked his expression, happy at the same time tired. “Like this…”

 

“Let just say that I saw something at the other street and I instantly thought of you…” With curious eyes, Chanyeol lean towards his grandfather.

 

“What is it pops?”

 

“Did you see the cathedral at the other street?” Chanyeol nodded, baffled by the mention of the church located near their mansion. “There’s a wedding going on. It caused a traffic at the other side because the bride wanted to walk all along the street towards the church.” Yoochun continued failing to notice Chanyeol’s widening eyes, “When I saw the bride, Dara’s face suddenly came to me and you waiting for her at the altar…” Yep, Chanyeol was now a statue.

 

It’s the sign he asked, again. That someone he knew will mention something related about wedding. It’s his grandfather who mentioned it. He knew he shouldn’t be relying to signs but seeing the sign he asked happened. Maybe it’s really the time. Maybe.

 

 

Chanyeol felt the contentment whenever he’s with Dara, he admits he got scared by Dara’s older brother and friends who are overprotective over her. One fine afternoon while Chanyeol is in the middle of deep thought, his grandfather came to him wearing a serious but still have a glint of tenderness in his eyes expression. I just stared at him wondering why he is looking at me like I’m the most treasured person to him. Its kind of creepy. Really.

 

“Whenever you’re ready Yeol” Yoochun opens the small box he’s been hiding on Chanyeol’s sight.

 

Eyebrows furrowed, Chanyeol stared at his grandfather wondering why is he showing the ring that Youuchun grandmother owned, Chanyeol’s great great grandmother? “Grandpa? Are you proposing?” He dumbly asked that earned a smack from his pops.

 

“You idiot. Of course I’m not. I’m already married to your grandmother”

 

“Then, what’s with the ring?”

 

Yoochun lovingly stared at the ring, “My mom gave me this when she knew that I finally found my ‘the one’. Chanyeol cringed in that while his pops smiled, “This may sound too cheesy to you but this ring was the ring which our family used when they proposed to the one.”

 

“Gee! Pops, stop mentioning the one; I feel like I’m Edward waiting centuries waiting for the one…”

 

Confused, “Who’s Edward? The gardener?”

 

How the timing happened is beyond Chanyeol’s imagination. Since his last sign happened, he always find himself deep in thoughts. Wondering, planning.

 

 

For our fifth year anniversary, Chanyeol decided to celebrate it together with our friends in one of his private resort at Jeju Island. I find it a little extravagant actually. We always celebrate our anniversary over dinner but this time, he changed the tradition. As we all settled in in our respective rooms, I heard a knock to my door and as I open it, it’s Bommie grinning like a Cheshire cat, and honestly I don’t feel good about it.

 

“We’re going out for dinner…” Bommie said a little too excited and I started to get suspicious, why is she so excited about dinner?

 

With a frowned on my face, “Why are you excited?” I looked at the hallway to see if she’s hiding something but there is nothing suspicious, “Do I need to be afraid?”

 

“Silly” Bom waved her hand as if she found Dara’s anxiousness funny, “Of course, I’m excited. It’s food after all. You know me when it comes about meal” and by that, all the anxiousness Dara felt vanished in thin air, well, if your friend’s with this woman for a long time, it’s impossible not to worry if she became like this, too happy, too enthusiastic and bright like a sun in the middle of the day. You can’t blame me. “Are you ready?” she rub her tummy, “I’m hungry already”

 

I followed her without any question, we talked and talked all the way, all about woman need to talk about with each other. As we get off from the lift, she hold my hand and smiled like a child that received her Christmas treat. I just brushed off her action. This is already normal for her.

 

As we walked by towards the cottage located outside the hotel, I didn’t suspect anything but when we are close enough. I saw someone filming us as we walked and it kind of bothered me. Bommie let go of my hand and walked ahead from her, Dara stopped as she started to look around, there are more than people present in the surrounding than necessary. When she spotted Chanyeol’s aunt, she bowed and smile.

 

“What’s going on?” She asked totally clueless. When no one answered her, she decided to follow Bommie inside the cottage and greet their friends, the guys are the only one here but the ladies with Bom’s exception is not visible o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter