Chapter Fourteen

Say That You Love Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Fourteen

 

 

“Good Morning Mr. Park, Can I know where are you right now?” Dara asked politely, he’s still their CEO despite being friends with him. She is still clueless on why he acted like that day ago, she checked her wrist to check the time and it’s already ten in the morning but still no sign of their CEO so she decided to give him a call.

 

“I’m in .. China” Chanyeol baritone voice answered though you can detect the sleepiness beneath it, it looked like she called in the middle of his slumber but it’s already ten!

 

Her eyebrows furrowed, “For real?”

 

“Yeah, for real. I’m here to close a deal with one of the company that we need to have, The Kwon’s”

 

“But.. Isn’t your secretary supposed to be with you? Which is me?”

 

“Ms. Park, I’ve decided to do this on my own since I can and besides this is my responsibility. I’ll just call you when I need something.”

 

Dara heard a beep and all she can do was sighed in confusion, Chanyeol was just here yesterday pacing back and forth, how can he went to China just like that. Seriously, what is wrong?

 

Two weeks has passed with no Chanyeol around, he’s still in China and she’s having this second thought that maybe he built his own office there or maybe his main office is located there. Please notice the sarcasm. In the whole couple of weeks, the only communication they had is through video calls, phone calls and any possible way to communicate internationally and all of that are all about the company and not about how friend’s talk.

 

I..  I missed him.

 

 

“Daraaaa!” the loud Bom has arrived, ever since Chanyeol left; this woman become her constant companion every break time and now that she mentioned that, does this woman still have a work? She’s always here. Bom being always with me have an advantage and disadvantage; she entertained me, yes but annoyed me as well; her stories were non-stop like she knew all, please save me.

 

“Hm” Dara answered, doesn’t have an energy to greet her back like the way she greeted her, what a ball of sunshine.

 

“So, when is Yeollie coming back?”

 

She shrugged, “Dunno .. He doesn’t told me anything so, I have no idea”

 

“What do you mean you have no idea? He didn't tell you when?” Dara shook her head, “In case you forgot Dara, you’re his secretary” Bommie pointed at her.

 

Dara can’t help but rolled her eyes, “I think I’m still aware of what's my role on his life, a secretary”

 

“Why do I sense bitterness from your words? Is there something that you’re not telling me?”

 

“None” she whispered, barely audible but because Bom is not a normal human being

 

“There is something that you’re not telling me” Dara didn’t budge, “What?! What happened to our promise when we we’re still fifteen that when it comes to boys there is no such thing as secrecy, we even swore. Do I have to cut your pinky? Do you know that pinky promise originally indicated that the person who breaks the promise must cut off their pinky finger! ” Bom slammed the table with too much force and Dara swear she saw Bommie winced, “I knew that information would be useful on the future”

 

“I don’t know okay?!” She exclaimed in frustration, her voice raising “I don’t know” now she whispered.

 

Bom sighed, “It’s obvious that you missed the guy, why is it so hard for you to admit that? And please don’t give me that look and don’t you dare deny it”

 

Dara eyebrows furrowed, “How can you say that I missed him?”

 

“Hm. How about this” Bom leaned forward, towards Dara “You answer that question of yours, why did you miss him?”

 

Bom’s word silenced her; yeah, why do I missed him? Is it because I’m used to see him every day? That he’s always on my side cheering me up whenever I feel down? His sweet talks? His words of wisdom that always made sense? His effort to make me smile? Even makes me laugh?  The ocean talk? Or simply because I just missed him? Maybe.

 

Dara sighed deeply, “Bom stop with your nonsense words, your making me feel like I'm falling for him”

 

“Well, are you?”

 

“..What?”

 

“If you’ll ask me it’s quite obvious that he’s attracted to you and you are to him.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Are you blind or you're trying to be one? Can’t you see his effort? His action? Him being a candy because of his sweetness?”

 

“Let’s not assume things, okay? Him, being sweet is just his personality, it doesn’t mean anything” Dara said though she don’t know why her words pain her, “Assuming will only going to hurt me”

 

“The sweetness of a person will hurt you when you assume that it is love. According to Accounting Rule, “Never assume unless otherwise stated”

 

Dara smiled bitterly, “You said it yourself, and this conversation is stupid”

 

“He may not said it but you can see it on his action, they say action speaks louder than words, did all the things that he did to you means nothing? What if he's facing something that's why he can’t say it aloud?”

 

Facing something? Seriously, what is Bom want to tell her? Dara sighed and face Bom, “What do you want me to know?”

 

“You already know what I’m trying to say, you’re just hesitating. I may not good in words like Chanyeol but you need to move on from your past. Yes, that douchebag ex-fiancée of yours caused you pain, you started to doubt goodness on every man in this world of yours but tell me Dara, are you happy right now?”

 

“Yes”

 

“Can I ask why? Can I ask you if you already move on from your past?”

 

“You know, I already did”

 

“Then can I ask something else?” Dara nodded, “Who is Chanyeol to you? What is he to your life? What did he made you feel?”

 

“He– He..” Dara stuttered because a replay since their first meeting poured to her like a cold bucket of water.

 

“Good luck with your realization Dara” and by that she took off and left her, stunned.

 

I remember so well the day that he came into my life. I’m broken because the man that I love left me. I’m living like a ticking bomb that if something triggered me, I’ll break down and every time that happens, he’s always there; sharing trivial things that I find weird but still made sense.

 

I can still remember all the things that he have done just to see me smile, cracking up jokes that is not even funny, telling stories like what's his first dream ever is, dragging me in the group night out just to see me have fun, making me confuse by all his ocean talks, protecting me from other fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter