Chapter Twenty

Say That You Love Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Twenty

 

 

Chanyeol came two minutes late because according to Jiyong, if Dara saw him there waiting for her instead of him she might walk out on him and that will ruin this whole set up. He was also aware that Dara is always on time when she go to something like this, meeting friends, talk about punctuality. He walked toward the reception, “Reservation under Kwon Jiyong” the lady smiled and told the other lady there to guide him towards their reserve table. As he went near to that certain table, he saw Dara in its simple attire checking her wrist watch because ‘Jiyong’ is two minutes late.

 

“Good evening, Dee” The surprised expression Dara’s face gave Chanyeol the impression that she really was surprised seeing him here instead of her ‘Jiyongie’. Feel free to feel the jealousy on that thought.

 

She stood up and bowed to him, “Good Evening, Mr. Park” He hates it. He hate it how she called him using his surname. He can still remember when she address her informally outside of work before, what changed?

 

“Dee…” Whatever that thing is, he will not let it affect what they already had and believe him, they really have something between them because he can deny the sparks and all that crazy magical things they said when you found ‘the one’. Funny how he easily embraced that thought.

 

“Why are you here?” She asked with a frown on her beautiful face. “Is this coincidence or...?”

 

“Uh. Can I sit first?” Chanyeol looked around as some of the people in the restaurant was already looking at him, she nodded, “Before anything else, Jiyong gave me this chance to explain to you what I want now.”

 

“And that is?” she tilted her head and looked at him innocently, as if she’s expecting what answer he’ll gave and that hurt him… a little.

 

“I want you back” the surprise face of Dara bothered him, is it not possible for him to have change of heart?

 

“You want me back?” He nodded, “But Chanyeol, there is never an us, so how can you say you want me back?” Dara repressed the smile from showing to her lips, she’s aware that her question was making him uncomfortable, not trying to play with his emotion but this is her little revenge, “Hm?”

 

“Well” He cleared his throat and scratched the back of his head, “Can you stop trying to intimidate me? I think I’m losing it, this is my only last chance you know, my one shot to make things right” Well, that shut her up.

 

“Then let’s be serious…” She crossed her arms and seriously looked at him, “What made you change your mind?”

 

“Remember when I hug you at the office five days ago?” She nodded, reddened by the mentioned of that memory, “That time, I’m already conflicted on how my heart decide against my mind then just after I told you weeks ago that I’m not ready to be in a commitment, Jiyong suddenly started to be there for you, always there for you.” He look down as if the memory is causing him pain, “I’m supposed to be that one, right? I said to myself before that I’m going to figure you out since you’re like a puzzle to me but then that escalated of me trying to protect you from all harm but then…” He looked dejected now that Dara have this urged to ruffle his hair, “I hurt you unintentionally…”

 

Dara was stunned, “Chanyeol” she said almost in a whisper, the look on his eyes is too much for her, and dramatic it may sound.

 

“The reason why I changed my mind aside from seeing you with another man was when you said my name back at the office. My name. Just my name, like a whisper. The way you said it sound right in every different way like that voice is destined with my name to be said.” And Dara left in awe. She can’t trust herself to say something now, no she can’t because she may say something.

 

“Right now, I’m ready to commit. I may not be good in that kind of things but I’ll try. I’ll try my best to be because seeing you with another man is too much pain to bear.” He smiled, nodding to himself and doesn’t have a single idea that all the things he did before this complication was how a boyfriend treat his girlfriend, “Now, I can finally say that you can really see the importance of the person when you lose her or him, good thing I didn’t lose you, right?” He even kissed the back of her hand, when did he took her hand?

 

But Dara just stared at him like she doesn’t have any idea on what he’s talking about, things move so fast. He’s just awkwardly standing in front of her then now he’s confident that she’ll accept him just like that. Well, sorry to break his happy bubbles but she’s not just going to give in. “Aren’t you a little too fast?”

 

“Eh? What do you mean?” Confusion is obviously visible on his face. Good.

 

“Not because you’re already ready doesn’t mean I’m still waiting for you...” she pulled her hand away from his grasp and decided to stare at him.

 

“You already moved on?” OF COURSE NOT. “Well, I’m not prepared for that. My mind didn’t even went on that direction but… I guessed it’s my fault then” He was about to stand when she pulled his wrist.

 

“What the hell? What’s wrong with you? Did I say I already moved on from you?” Dara shook her head in disbelief, “The way you think is like how Bommie thinks, it’s too far” Dara swear, when Monday comes she will do her best to keep Chanyeol away from Bommie. “What I’m saying is, you need to wait because you made me too. I think I need to see if you really are serious in this that you’re not just making decision this recklessly” Dara nodded from her statement.

 

“So, I will like... court you?” Chanyeol smiled, courting is always the best part on pursuing a girl. It is full of cheesiness and sincerity.

 

“Uh? Yeah?” Courting didn’t cross her mind but c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter