Chapter Twenty Three

Say That You Love Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Twenty Three

 

 

 

Kris and Bom decided that forgetting about the kiss is the best choice they had. They can’t risk that will gave them the reason not to be friends because embarrassing it may seem but they got used to being each other’s sidekick and let’s be honest here, Kris missed the bouncing Bom whenever he mention something about ‘free’ and ‘food’ in one sentence.

 

 

“When are you going to introduce me to your family?” Chanyeol asked as he hug Dara for a millionth time. He’s been asking this question since their hundred days together.

 

“Why are you so eager to meet them anyway?”

 

“Because they’re your family...” Chanyeol answered as he sway them left and right.

 

Dara groaned, she learn that being in a relationship with this giraffe need a lot of answer from his endless question and curiosity. “I’ll let you meet them someday, kay?”

 

“But…”

 

Dara faced him as she cupped his face, “Someday, okay?” she tiptoed and place a brief kiss on his lips. “I need to go, break time’s over”

 

 

Kris and Bom are now saying their goodbyes as Chanyeol’s car zoomed out of their sight. They are going somewhere where friends like them is not required to come along. He noticed Bom sad face and he’s bothered by it.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“I feel like I don’t matter now” She stomped her feet, “Why can’t I just find the man destined for me?”

 

“Kris stared at her seriously, “You’re living, and you occupy space and have mass”

 

With eyebrows furrowed, she look at him curiously. “What does that mean?”

 

“You matter” he turn away and went to where he park his car. Bom didn’t move because she’s still trying to process what the Coral said, she's feeling a little weird. Kris decided to tug her hands and forcefully drag her with him, “We’re going to eat. You skipping breakfast is bad."

 

Maybe that's the reason why, right?

 

 

“Appa, Omma, Oppa and twins. This is Chanyeol, my... Boyfriend” Dara smiled as she introduced the dolphin to her family and as expected, all break loose. Being the only girl in this family beside my mother, it’s understandable that the guys/boys are very protective to her. Poor Chanyeol.

 

Her mom, Taeyeon pat Chanyeol’s arm twice and warmly smiled, “Nice meeting you son” He smiled because the mother accepted him and even called him ‘son’, he felt loved.

 

Leeteuk, her dad stared at him as if measuring Chanyeol, “You’re so tall for my daughter, young man” Chanyeol smiled nervously, WHY AM I TALL?! And stared back at her father and to their surprise, her father smiled at him, “And I like it” Chanyeol bowed almost ninety degrees politely while her brothers,

 

“Dara, what is this?” Her oppa, Teddy asked her with a very serious face, not giving her even a tiny weanie smile. “Did you not had enough from your past relationship? Didn’t you learn anything from that experience?”

 

Dara lowered her head, “Oppa…”

 

“Hong jun, that’s enough” Their father stern voice shut Teddy from saying more. “Talk at her privately, not like this” Leeteuk gave his son a warning glare as he walk away from them to go to the kitchen with Taeyeon following him.

 

“Noona, Noona” The twins said in unison, Park Sanghyun and Park Kyuhyun. Park Sanghyun the eldest of the two give her a kiss on her cheek and stood aside to give his little brother a space. Kyu, their maknae bounce up and down as he approach his noona and clung his tiny arms to her neck as he kiss her on her cheeks. Between the two, Sanghyun is more mature than the hyperactive maknae.

 

“Noona, who is this jerk?” Kyu innocently asked her, Dara blinked twice, not sure if she really heard their maknae called her boyfriend a jerk. Teddy smirked before he walk out from the living room. Well, at least he’s not alone in disliking their sister’s man.

 

“Kyuhyun, language!!” Sanghyun reprimanded his younger sibling, “I told you not to watch those mature movies when hyung is sleeping” their eldest sibling have this fondness towards the rated18 kind of movies. The kind of movies where there are torture, wars, gunshots and all lines that is not for children to hear and watch.

 

Dara kneeled in front of her brothers, “Hyun, Kyu” She gestured at where Chanyeol awkwardly standing, “That man is your hyung”

 

“Why is he here?”

 

“Who is he in your life noona?”

 

Dara was taken aback from Sanghyun’s question, “He’s the man noona love, my boyfriend” he's too young to ask that kind of question.

 

“Oh, so we’re your boyfriend too, noona” Kyu said cheekily. Beaming at the discovery that they are related besides being her brothers, they’re her boyfriends too.

 

Sanghyun slapped the back of Kyuhyun’s head, “Pabo, we’re noona’s brothers not boyfriend” as he rolled his eyes. The sight was fascinating to see.

 

“But she love us too” Kyu reasoned out, pouting.

 

“Yes but there are different kind of love. We belong to family love while that hyung belong to someone special love, Aish! Why are you like that” Sanghyun is ready to hit the younger one again when a hand stop him. A smaller one that didn't belong to male but to a female.

 

“What are you doing, Hyun?” A female voice, a younger female voice who is glaring at the surprised Sanghyun.

 

“Jieun” Sanghyun exclaimed with his eyes brighter than before, “Kyuhyun was just being dumb again, that’s why…”

 

“Unnie, hello” Jieun smiled timidly, “Hi oppa” Chanyeol smiled at her warm innocent welcome. She learned that everyone who is older than her should be respected no matter what.

 

 

“That was tiring” Chanyeol sat beside Dara on the couch, she lean her head on his shoulder. Dara nodded and didn’t bother herself to answer. They spent their afternoon with the kids, playing and arguing about what movie to watch. Chanyeol and Kyuhyun wanted to watch some action movies while Dee and Sanghyun wanted to watch Miracle in Cell 7 because it’s an extraordinary movie that highlighted the importance of family that each minute is precious and by that reason he and Kyu dropped the discussion. Female always win anyway and Dara is one.

 

You see, woman have this power to make man agreed to what they want, maybe the decision will be on the guy BUT not before going through in a bloody exchanged of words and opinions. Girls are powerful, man is under their hand, trust me, it’s true. For example, they want something and you didn’t gave it, they will use the puppy eyes, their eyelashes and cuteness and poof! You’re under their charm and IF, rare it may seem you didn’t fall on that, here come the guilt trip where they good at. Yep. Believe me. They're good.

 

He was about to kissed Dara when someone cleared it’s throat and that was no other than her oppa who is Chanyeol certain that the older might be thinking many ways on how to kill him, Dara look up to her brother with a questioning gaze.

 

“Go to ‘Chillin & Grillin’ later after you two took a rest. We need an extra hand because we’re expecting crowd” Teddy turn his back on them smirking but his sister telling him that they have enough waiter stopped him, “Are you defying me little sister?” he made sure his voice sounded stern and dead serious, he saw Chanyeol tense.

 

“We’re coming” the boyfriend answered quicker than he expected. Ha!

 

 

‘Chillin & Grillin’ is a simple restobar establishment at sea side that gave the refreshing air vacation goers needed and magnificent view of the sea. The place was decorated simply, wooden chairs and table arranged in a horizontal C facing the mini stage they placed at the middle with an enough space in front of it serving as the dancing floor for the customer who want to dance by the song the performer performed, over all; the place screamed like home. The ambience was warm giving you the feeling of belongingness, the feeling you always felt when you’re comfortable, your comfort zone.

 

Chanyeol stared at the sunset in front him, it's so beautiful and… Peaceful, he can’t help but let out a smile, his chain of thoughts were cut off when one of the customer requested for the performer to sing another song. They have four groups to perform tonight and all of them are Teddy hyung’s student on his special program for the young people who have passion in singing, dancing and even rapping.

 

The first group sang a lively song titled, ‘Treasure’ that is about a man pursuing the woman that caught his eye, reassuring her that ‘she’s loved’ and he wants her to make his treasure. The three guys are so cute trying to grab the attention of the girl, they are so cute actually and Chanyeol can’t help but smile all throughout the performance. He even held his breath when the guys acted that they want the girl to choose between the three of them, he swear he’s anticipating who’ll she choose and when the ‘chosen one’ kissed the back of the girls hand, he heard some of their customer squealed. So cute.

 

Come to think of it, they have lots of teenagers as customer. The good things is they are not allowed to order alcohol, of course and he guessed almost all of this teenage are here just to watch this groups to perform. They all clapped when the song ended, they bowed and went to their assigned table. The next performer consist of males, three of them to be exact.

 

When they seated on a stool and gave a sign to start the music, Chanyeol admit that he didn’t expect that much but when they started to sing, he almost fell from where he’s standing, his knees weaken. Yeah, it sounded gay but you just got to love their voice. The harmony and the deep voice, heaven. The song is about wanting a girl that save the guy from playing around and giving his dull life a music to listen and that’s her, the one he’s waiting all his life. The charisma is overflowing. They have their own charm and bless the fan girls when the tall guy whispered, ‘I want you baby’, bless them.

 

Two boys and two girls came next to the stage and he instantly recognized the one girl, she sang in the first performance. They all looked young, like they’re just in middle school and judging from their body physique, he’s ninety percent sure that they’re really in middle school. These kids never failed me because like the two performances before them and when the youngest started to rap for them, he can’t help but stare at them in awe, holy mother of Galileo, the kid got talent. Well, each of them is.

 

Their harmonization is scary, putting a rap in a ballad song is the best thing they did. Their song was about longing, it’s like they dedicating it to the people who are in a competition and make friends with their supposed to be competitor. The lyrics are about whether to win or lose, in the end they’ll have precious memories to keep, the laughter, the struggles and all that they went through, together and how they don’t want to lose those memories and also not letting go of the one who loses. It’s a very beautiful song and meaningful too. He didn’t tore his eyes away from the performance though he felt that someone is glaring at the back of his head.

 

Teddy’s student were remarkable, they can deliver the emotion the song needed, he was about to walk back to the bar counter when seven boys came out in all red and yes, he did recognize the boy too who also included in the first performance, he have this kind face but when the first beat of the song dropped, the kind face turn into a determined one, now, they didn’t just sat down, they move around and did their choreography, boy aren’t they full of talents, the customer were all hyped up. They're bringing the house down, he suddenly thought that if these boy can pull off this kind of reaction then what will happen if they grew up into a fine man artists, the dome might shook. His chain of thoughts got interrupted when someone called his na

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter