Soulful

Seven Times For Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day at after school, Soyu stopped by to grab coffee, she was exhausted from last night’s conversation with her parents. Her father especially questioned her. They all asked who he was; she gave a name.

Does he go to school with her? She said no.

Was he in college? She said no.

Does he work? She said no.

Was he her boyfriend? She said no.

Maybe.

IDK.

It’s a weird relationship.

Questions went on and on, that Soyu found herself questioning herself.

She needed some caffeine to continue on with her day.

She walked up to the counter with a smile to the worker, “Hey, Luhan.”

“Nice to see you again, Soyu.” He smiled back. He noticed how sluggish she walked in and started to press in an order, “Coffee? Extra shot?”

“You read my mind.” She chuckled and slapped the cash on the counter before Luhan could decline it and pay for it himself. One step ahead of him. Luhan couldn’t help but find that cute. He walked over the coffee supplies and started making the coffee as Soyu watched.

The café was rather empty and she decided to have small talk with him, “So EXO alien?” She started which fully grabbed his attention.

“How did you know?” He asked.

“Well, I only found out just when I walked in here. You gleam white.” Her eyes traced his surroundings that produced a guard of shining white.

Luhan paused from making coffee to look at Soyu who was leaning on the counter, “Wow, you have the ability to see that.”

Soyu sat up, “Is that a bad thing?”

Luhan shook his head, “No, it’s rare, though.” He continued to make her coffee.

That made Soyu question herself why she never had thought of why she could see the color of the EXO people. She had honesty came to a conclusion that it was because her ‘fate’ partner was Kai who was from EXOplanet.

“Can you tell me more?” She asked eagerly as Luhan came back and handed her order.

“Well, there is no answer to it because the rarity of the ability, there are so little amount of the beings that carry the immortal aptitude that could be researched on and tested to analyse. Only theories, hypotheses are written down and passed along. Seeing you, the person with the great gift is a triumph for myself.”

Soyu looked at Luhan with scanning eyes, “Luhan, how old are you?” Suddenly asking him out of the blue.

Luhan felt a bit uneasy about that question causing him to swallow hard, while Soyu gazed at him.

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have asked.” Soyu bit her lip taking hold of her coffee.

Luhan shook his head, “No, no, it’s okay. It’s just a question that not a lot of people have asked me.” Soyu nodded taking a sip of her coffee.

Luhan rubbed the back of his head, “To put it in a way; my prime time was in the 1920s.”

Absolute silence came from Soyu as hung low and her eyes staring at Luhan in shock. His features looked beyond old age, his posture and voice were youthful. He’s like the same age as my grandfather.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter