Gossip

Seven Times For Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soyu collected her books from her locker when she left Kai for a breather. She glumly shoved the books in her bag and slung it over her shoulder. I’m stupid. She thought, she just had to open which started the whole argument. She sighed, no it’s not my fault. Okay, maybe it is, but- she shook her head, she told herself to shut up but that didn’t work. It was going to have a long day.

The bell rang for the start of school. She shut her locker and headed to class. By the door of her first classroom, Chanyeol and Baekhyun was about to enter. They were happy to see her, “Morning!”

Soyu didn’t even look their way –too occupied by her own thoughts– she walked right by them entering the class room.

The two cocked their head, both thinking that something was up. They looked up at each other if either of them knew, but both shrugged and entered the classroom and sat on their designated seats.

Baekhyun looked at her but she didn’t look back at him, instead she sat there twirling her pen not looking up.

At lunch, Soyu collected her food and went to her table where her female friends usually sat. She smiled at her seven friends as a greeting and sat down. She picked up her chopsticks and started to eat, but she noticed everyone has been quieter than usual. She looked up and noticed some of the girls quickly looked away. She sensed that something was off.

“What up, guys?” She raised an eyebrow. They didn’t respond. Her friends weren’t the chattiest or the loudest bunch, but this silence was uncomfortable. “Guys.” They avoided her eyes, obviously suspicious.

Haewoo, her friend who look elegant and graceful yet her personality was fierce, spoke with her usual bored voice speaking for everyone, “Myunghee saw you yesterday at the mall with some cute guy.”

Soyu looked at Myunghee, the silent and shy girl of the group, who looked away. Soyu swallowed, how does she respond to that. She didn’t want anyone to know about Kai, since he is not ‘real.’

“And she saw you with a guy from Whimoon High School, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol!” Bongcha, the cute, clumsy and outgoing girl –not to forget her major crush on Chanyeol– spoke up. They guy from Whimoon High School was Suho. She was sitting next to Soyu, and she was rather close to her face. Soyu leaned back to avoid her cutely wide eyes.

They all waited for Soyu to respond. She tried to say something but keeps shutting close when she thought of different things to say. She swallowed being slightly nervous. They all looked at her with curious eyes making her feel like a little ant.

“I-I, I’m family friends with the ‘cute’ guy since we were little, and,” it wasn’t entirely a fib, just the story was slightly changed, thinking of another lie, she continued, “he happened to be friends with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, so he introduced me to his friends.”

There was pause of silence before they all cheered t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter