Seeing red

Seven Times For Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soyu gulped. Kai was waiting for her at the school’s entrance gates. Once she exited the school she immediately saw Kai’s figure leaning on the metal bars. It was the same day after that incident at school between Kai and Baekhyun, and she noticed he had changed into something dry. What she also noticed was getting dry. Not because she’s thirsty, but because she was nervous.

In her memory of last night, she can remember very clearly that she had been with Kai and that she had kissed him… or they kissed each other. The memory was little bit fuzzy to her.

Sure she liked the kiss, but the main question in her head at that moment was, what are we?

She knew Kai likes her, she sort of thinks she likes him, she sort of confessed to Kai, Kai still doesn’t understand her feelings.

Shaking the nerves to the side she walks up to Kai who was kicking the dirt.

“You’re out, I’ll walk you home!” Kai lead the direction holding Soyu by the wrist.

“Did you wait long?” Soyu asked and Kai responded by shaking his head and he let go of her wrist. The two then walked in silence.

Awkward silence.

Except Soyu seemed to be the one feeling the awkwardness. She kept glancing at Kai who seemed very relaxed and mellow, like he was completely oblivious about the kiss that happened at the party.

Kai glanced at Soyu who was looking at him, quickly looked away. A cocky smile appeared on his face and continued to look ahead.

“Do you want to say something?” Kai delightfully asked. She shook her head. But really she wanted say something but she felt really uncomfortable.

“Okay, then, I’ll say something.” Kai started. “What are we?” He looked at Soyu.

Soyu scrunched her nose but with a smile, “I actually don’t really know.”

Kai laughed and shoved his hands in his pockets, “I’ll be waiting when you find out.”

His words warmed her heart, like drinking hot chocolate on a winter's night, which made her smile automatically.

The awkwardness was gone for Soyu and she felt more comfortable to talk to Kai.

“My friends are wondering if you’re going to attend school.” Soyu said.

Kai shrugged, “I’m sure my attendance record will be down the drain, since no human can see me.”

Soyu raised an eyebrow, “Speaking of human. How come my human friends could see you at the party and today at school, you know, with your whole big entrance.”

Kai dragged a hand down his face, smoothing his expression of embarrassment and stress, “Please, don’t remind me. The whole back story is a migraine.”

“Sorry, I won’t say any more about your .” She joked with her hands gestured in defence.

He looked at her with a cocky side gin, “but we can say more about your ual preferences.” He retorted.

She gave him a look, “What’s more there to talk about?” A devilish smile appeared on her lips, which made Kai stop in his tracks and stared at her as she continued to walk with poise, his jaw slackened.

He blinked and looked out at her, “Wait! What are you trying to say?” he jogged after her. Soyu giggled at how Kai easily caught the bait.

When he once caught up to her, he put a hand to her shoulder to turn her around. The look on his face was really concerned. His though process was now doubting if he even has a chance if her preference were female. It made him nervous.

Kai looked at Soyu straight in the eyes with his round, doe eyes, “Soyu, I-I’m very confused, can you please elaborate- tell me a story- draw me a dia

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter