The Start and The End

Seven Times For Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Start- Age 5

“DAAAADDYYYYY!!!!” Soyu screamed at the top of her lungs, jumping out of her bed and running to the door like lightning speed, holding her favourite cuddle bear.

Soyu’s dad rushed in, alarmed and she hugged his leg tightly. “What is it, Soyu?!” He scanned the room as he tried to protect Soyu by hiding her behind his back. She started to tear up and hugged her bear closer to her face.

Her dad softened and knelt down to comfort her better, “Did you have a nightmare?” her dad asked. Soyu shook your head. “Then, what is it?”

She hid behind her dad again and pointed to the corner of her room at the other side of her bed. Her dad’s gaze followed her finger.

There was nothing there.

Her dad’s eyes narrowed, “I don’t see anything…”

Soyu sniffled, “Can’t you see him, daddy? He’s right there. He’s standing right there.”

Her dad became worried. He couldn’t see any boy in you room. He looked at her, “Soyu, there’s no one there.” He whispered.

“But I can see him! He is standing there!” She pointed at the same corner again. “He woke me up! He scared me!”

Her dad held on both sides of her head, “Listen, Soyu. You’re only imagining things-“

“I’m not lying!” She cried, “Why can’t you see him?!”

Her dad sighed, “Do you want to sleep in the middle of mommy and daddy? We can protect you from this boy. Huh?” She nodded, and both of them walked to her parent’s room.

1 Week later- Start of Friendship

Soyu was back in her room, playing with her Barbie dolls. Her dad convinced her that there was no boy in her room. Even when she didn’t believe him, he pretended to scold the boy. He did this by leaving her in the hall way as he went in her room, closed the door and started to yell.

It made her feel better and she didn’t see the boy since then.

Soyu brushed the hair of her doll with a small plastic comb and started to play family with them. She was playing for a while until she heard a voice above her.

“Can I play?” He said.

Soyu squeaked in surprise. She held her doll in front of her, trying to protect herself. Her eyes wondered around trying to see who it was.

“I’m up here!” The voice cheerfully laughed.

Her eyes travelled up and started to widen like hula-hoops.

She saw a boy her age, sitting legs crosses in mid-air.

She was about to scream out for her dad, but the boy flew down and covered with his hand. “Sshh! Don’t scream! I’m good, I’m not bad! I won’t hurt you! I swear!” He pleaded. It was the same boy that woke her up that night.

She just watched him, scared as hell.

“You won’t scream if I take my hand off, right?” He asked her. She paused but then nodded.

He sighed and took his hand away.

She inhaled and screamed, “DAAADDYYYY-“

He clutched his hand over again. “You said you wouldn’t scream!” He cried.

At that time her dad swung the door open and looked at Soyun in alarm, “What happened?!”

She wanted to tell him that the boy was back, but this boy’s hand was over . “MMMHHHMMHMMHM!!!” she muffled.

Her dad gave her a look. He could only see her with closed tightly.

“Open your mouth, Soyun, so I can hear you properly.”

She looked at the floating boy above her. But he had no intensions of letting go. Silence fil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter