Dark watcher

Seven Times For Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soyu and Kai came out of his bedroom and walked down the hall into the living room. Soyu looked at Chanyeol who was still on the floor in his armadillo position. She couldn’t help but chuckle a little how this grown man was on the floor like a child who didn’t get what he wanted.

Kai went into the kitchen to get drinks for the two, “Soyu, I sent the video to Baekhyun to look at it.” He said as he poured orange juice into two cups.

Soyu nodded and went to sit on the couch to look at Chanyeol before stepping over him, “So,” she started unsure how to comfort a man, “How long has it been?”

Chanyeol looked up, his face was still crestfallen, “Must we talk about her?” she smiled and patted the space next to her for him to sit. He got up, his shoulders sagging when he plopped himself down.

She watched him as he slouched and rest his head back to look up at the ceiling, “Lying on the floor and groaning doesn’t help, to be honest.”

He heavily sighed, “I know that, I just miss her so bad.”

Kai came in and sat on the floor in front of them, giving the cup to Soyu. “Don’t worry, you’ll see her soon.” He tried to comfort as well.

“Not soon, I want now.” Chanyeol whined.

“Patience is key.”

Chanyeol rubbed his face with his hands, “We were meant to get married, go on our honeymoon, and then have kids!”

“Kids?!” Kai exasperated. “Why on earth would you want kids so soon?”

“That’s the point, it’s different. We’re not going to be on earth.”

Soyu chuckled at that statement, true they are from another planet.

“Then why – on the land of EXO- would you want kids? They are going to be all over the place-“

“You’re not a kids person are you, Jongin?” Soyu interrupted.

Kai blinked, “I don’t mind them, just not now.” Soyu nodded.

Chanyeol ruffled his hair in irritation, “You guys aren’t helping at all.” With that, he flashed out of sight.

Just then, Kai’s phone beeped when a message arrived, he took his phone and read it.

D.O. came walking in with his iPad still in hand, he came and sat down besides Kai silently. He took Kai’s juice and drank it without him knowing. Soyu hid her smile at how cute but intimidating he was.

“Baekhyun replied.” Kai stated, “He said; ‘You’re stupid. You’re obviously sleep walking.’” Kai frowned and typed furiously on his phone to reply. He put his phone down after he hit send and ran his hand through his hair.

D.O. looked at him, “Sleep walking?” he thought for a second, “I remember you sleep walking back in EXO.” He confessed. Bewildered, Kai just stared at him. D.O. continued, “At thirteen you got out of your bed, walked into the bathroom and flushed the toilet, then came back into bed. You didn’t even use it.”

Soyu stifled a laugh. Kai stared at him like wft, “And you’re only tell me this now?”

D.O. shrugged, “Another at sixteen, you went into the warden’s room and slapped him across the face. He didn’t wake up though.”

“How do you know this?” Kai asked still in shock.

“Before you walked out, you punched me in the right eye and left. I had to follow you.” D.O. said.

Kai stared at him, “I did that? I thought you got the black eye from Changmin.” D.O. just looked at Kai in the eyes, bored. “It would have been great if you told me earlier.” Kai rolled his eyes not even apologising for his doing in the past. D.O. just thought there wasn’t a purpose to tell him. His face looked like he could be plotting something inside to use it as a revenge, but then again, his face is always like that.

“So I’m a sleep walker.” Kai thought to himself out loud. “.”

Soyu looked at the both, slightly curious. “You knew each other before?”

D.O.’s mouth opened to answer but Kai rudely interrupted, “Yeah, back on EXO D.O. and I were roommates at our boarding school.”

“Does that include the others like Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Sehun?” Soyu asked.

Kai shook his head, “Suho; I didn’t know about him until I came here. But Baekhyun and Chanyeol; we came from the same boarding school.” Kai thought for a bit, “Sehun came from a different boarding school, so I only met him when I came here.”

Soyu nodded, understanding now. She was just a little bit taken aback about how there were boarding schools on EXO, just like how there are some on Earth. In her mind the vision of EXO were spaceships, flying cars, strange silver clothing, highly advance complicated technology, complicated architecture, and hovering items. But it seems that EXO was very similar to Earth in some ways.

Footsteps padded its way to the living room, Soyu glance up when someone entered, only to flinch in fright and stare wide eyed. Sehun came in view, casually twirling a small knife in his left hand skilfully as he walked to the kitchen.

Kai looked up to see what caused you to be in discomfort. Kai and D.O. were used to seeing this dangerous sight and did not react. Kai got that Soyu wasn’t used to seeing this and was unaware of Sehun’s capability of control.

“Don’t worry, he’s not going to hurt you.” Kai reassured, but still Soyu swallowed. “He’s a warrior. He’s been training since young, he’s almost unstoppable and he’s very skilled in fighting. Also the reason he’s here; to protect the innocent.”

Soyu watched Sehun twirl it one last time then folding the sharp end into the handle piece before shoving it in his back p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter