8.The Worst Target

Love and Lies

Thanks for your subscriptions and lovely comments xD


Chapter 8

The Worst Target

 

Packing things wasn’t exactly in her favorite list of activities she liked to do, but she was enjoying this so much! Finally! Finally she would be leaving this place after receiving the keys of her new apartment a few days ago. Hyuna was really containing herself of jumping and laughing hard in ecstasy, the sole idea of being far away from Park Soojin was that exciting.

They say ‘keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer’, but 13 years and 5 months with that woman was sufficient for 3 or more of her lifetimes already. The only thing that worried her was leaving the snake near her father but honestly, if he didn’t want to believe her before he would not start now, after all that woman knew how to deceive perfectly well.

Hyuna finished her packing, however there was something missing between all her belongings or rather something that she wanted desperately to carry with her to her new home. She wanted something that had belong to her mother. She sighed defeated knowing they had burn all her things long time ago.

Arranging her clothes she start walking towards her father study in the first floor, she wanted to say goodbye to him before leaving and also make sure he would not missed her that much. Hyuna lifted her fist to knock on the door but hesitated smirking evilly. ‘I should surprise him’ she thought bursting inside loudly.

‘’Appa!’’ her father jump letting go a picture frame, the older one tried to hide it in one of the drawers but she was faster and grab a hold of it with curiosity. Hyuna froze observing the object in her hands, there was only a frame yet it had two big letters on it:  K.H’  

‘Was this…?’ she gave a glance at his father, the face he had… it was sufficient for her to know who this had belonged to, this was something from Kim Hyesu her mother. ‘’This is my mother’s’’ it was not a question but a statement. ‘’I think so…’’

How? Why? All this time he had this and wasn’t able to give it to her? And what was with that halfhearted answer? Did he not want her to have it?

‘’Where’s the photograph?’’ she asked coldly trying to suppress the hurt in her tone. ‘’Why do you want one?’’ Was he seriously asking her that? This time she couldn’t hide her exasperation. ‘’Because she’s my mother’’

‘’She died 14 years ago Hyuna. Why would you expect me to have something of hers?’’ Hyuna couldn’t take it anymore and explode, she just had this short temper when things involve her past. ‘’I know exactly how much years ago she died!’’

 ‘’I didn’t mean—‘’

‘’You didn’t mean? Did you know what felt? Did you?!’’ she was shouting now. ‘’I was the one that saw her died, in front of my eyes, in my hands but where were you? I was the one grieving for her death alone. But where were you?’’ Hyuna pushed back the tears that were threatening to fall and spit out in the meanest way she could. ‘’Ahhhh I know… You were too busy finding a replacement for your late wife to care after your 7 year old daughter’’ A flash of guilty crossed her father face that was soon replaced with a stoic face.

 ‘’Why does it always turn this way?’’ Hyuna calmed down yet the idea of her father wanting to erase everything from her mother still hurt her, if he didn’t want to remember her that was fine, but wasn’t she able to do it? The question soon left . ‘’Aren’t I able to miss her?’’

‘’I’m tired please leave’’ and again he was avoiding the subject. ‘’Appa!’’ the man turned away from her giving her his back. ‘’I understand. I am leaving today and will be carrying this with me’’ she ended emotionless leaving the room.

 It was a relief she found one of the maids in the way to her father’s before and told her to bring her things beside her car outside, because she didn’t felt like staying in this place any longer.

.

.

.

Hyunseung walked out of the apartment complex taking his time and continue his way to the parking lot where he had left his car. Footsteps could be heard in the lonely place and he knew he was being followed again, when would that old man learn that it was useless to hire people to spy on him?

He smirked deciding to play with these new people giving them a hard time, likeif nothing was wrong he enter his car and drove calmly until he reached a turn. Hyunseung step on the accelerator driving at full speed, trough the mirror he saw them going faster than before to stay at his tail and he couldn’t suppress his chuckle. He continued like that letting behind a lot of vehicles hiding in front of them, suddenly the car behind overthrow the situation driving in front of him as if he couldn’t stand him for surpassing him a while ago.

 Accepting the new challenge he speed up more passing the car and stepping on the breaks abruptly, the car behind stopped abruptly losing its stability nearly hitting another vehicle, but this driver was very good and managed to avoid any accident by turning, however it bump itself into the roadside. Hyunseung continue his ride as if nothing had happened forgetting the ones he had lost long ago.

 

He was now on his way to college and was not in the least happy about it, he after all had already finished it long ago. At High school he had skipped a few grades and in college he had been able to end sooner than the most. What could he say? He was really a genius but now because of this girl he had to start again. At reaching the building he parked in one of the empty spaces and walk casually to class.

.

.

.

Hyuna slammed the door of the black car muffling the good bye of Mr.Ho the driver that had been working for her family since she has memory. She kinda felt apologetic for ignoring her favorite ahjusshi but she couldn’t concentrate on anything else but her feelings.

Saying she was furious was an endearment of what she really felt, if she only get to see that bastard again!

The idiot who suddenly appear from nowhere had managed alone to made her day totally . Because of him her precious car suffered damage that would make it stay in repair for at least a week, she had to go to the station because supposedly she was the one causing revolt on the driving way and nearly lost her driving license, fortunately she was only on probation for a month so Mr. Ho will have to drive her from now on to college and now she was late to her first class.

What a way to start her day.

Hyuna enter and sat on one of the empty spaces ignoring all the people surrounding her, she had to calm herself to pay attention. Class had started just a few minutes ago so she had not lost too much information, she was finally starting to think that maybe her day could get better from now on.

How wrong was she to even think that, the person behind her seat couldn’t stop talking, he did it in a hushed tone but since she was so near she could still hear him clearly. The guy kept on flirting with the girl beside him, which by the way couldn’t stop giggling. She was exasperated, it had been 20 minutes since the class started and those two behind her were still at it, having too much of it Hyuna turned to them saying her next words in the calmest way possible, yet if looks could kill this idiot would have been dead by now.

‘’Could you please shut your mouth? If you don’t want to be here do the world a favor and disappear, thank you’’ Hyuna smiled at the shock of the girl and the surprise face of the boy who by some reason seemed familiar. Had she seen him before?

Later the class ended however she had to support the flirting behind her the entire hour and a half. Like really? She had made it very clear to them but he just continue doing it as if provoking her. Hyuna couldn’t believe her mood cloud get anymore sour with the passing day, it seemed this boy was in every class of her’s. Was he following her or something?

 At least now she was with the girls coming out of the building, she had promised them to show them her apartment today and celebrate a little, maybe spend the night together. At walking out Sohyun gasped loudly staring at something in front of them. ‘’Isn’t he the hottie from the beach?’’

‘’Who?’’ Gayoon asked curiously and Sohyun pointed discreetly at the guy. ‘’You know, the one kissing that girl’’ then it click on Hyuna. Of course, now she knew why he was so damn familiar, he was the wink guy, the flirting idiot… WAIT! Was is that?

Hyuna eyes focused in the plate number of the car he was walking towards, the guy start opening the driver’s seat and it drawn on her. This was the bastard from this morning!

Before he could enter his vehicle Hyuna ran to him stopping the flirt in his tracks. ‘’Did you missed me that much?’’ he dared grin at her, Hyuna swear she felt like punching him senseless. ‘’Pay for it’’ the nameless guy stared at her confused. ‘’Pay what? … Look If you want a date-- ‘’Bastard I nearly killed myself today because of your driving’’ she clenched her fists to prevent any tragedy.

‘’Oh? You were the one racing with me? I have to say you’re pretty good’’ he laughed as if all the situation was very funny making her madder. ‘’Aren’t you even going to apologize?’’ The one in front of her neared her face really close, her heart start racing but it was probably her anger taking form right? He stare deeply into her eyes and Hyuna felt the need to look away, her gaze stopping at his moving lips. ‘NO’ …. no? NO? There was no sound leaving his mouth but she was 100% sure the move he had made was clearly a big no. He then entered his car smirking leaving her dumbfounded and drive away.

‘He dare? Oh just wait annoying stranger I will make sure to pay you back soon, I’ll definitely wipe that stupid smirk of yours’

.

.

.

It had been two weeks since she started classes and in that time she had learned a few things about the annoying bastard not like she was investigating of course, she had no single interest in him. The fact that she knew these things was because it had been pure coincidence she had heard it.

The guy name was Jang Hyunseung, he was in all her classes and sit always behind her like a freaking stalker. He was smart, popular, handsome and rich, but don’t get it wrong his personality made it up for all that. In resume she didn’t like him, he was annoying.

Somehow Hyunseung became her number one enemy, she doesn’t even know how it started but she can’t even talk to him without ending fighting. It’s like argnskvjnsiukhs!!!!  It irked her to be near him. They fight so much some teachers had even prohibit the two to ingress in the classroom, and they had even went to the principal of the faculty once. Something unusual because it was a college, however since they were behavior rules in the building they had ended scolded. All to all again, she dislike him to the core, whoever she had to be careful because the next fight they had would end with a suspension.

But today something had changed, just thinking about Hyunseung made her day. She just couldn’t wait to see him today. She smile evilly while walking towards the next class.

‘’Ahh’’ she sighed. ‘’Revenge is such a sweet dish’’

.

.

.

Hyunseung had been in this place for two weeks and heck! That girl was so damn hard to get! He was now walking towards his car because he had forgotten an essay they had to present today, normally he would hate the fact he had forgot something and he had to retrieve it back but no one really knows how glad he was about it now, FINALLY he didn’t have to be around that girl.

Well if he was honest he wasn’t putting too much effort in winning her over, but Hey… how could he work with the information he was given? His father wasn’t even able to track him down properly, he couldn’t rely in those papers. Instead he wanted to use sometime to observe her, study the things she like and hate, the places she usually frequent –Oh no scratch that, it was sufficient hell having to be around her here in college-

In any case he needed to be sure he was walking in solid floor with her or she would never give him the sufficient trust to be around the information she had about the company.

But really this Kim Hyuna was honestly something else, she was so arrogant, cold, irritating, such a brat. It was really difficult for him to stalk observe her, and it didn’t help that somehow she manage to get under his skin and they end up fighting all time.

How could someone so small be so infuriating? He had no idea.

‘’You’re more smart than this Hyunseung’’ he said to his self. ‘’I should start to smooth things with her for real’’ He sighed tired arriving finally to the parking lot.

At arriving to his car he widened his eyes and his breath in shock.

‘’What the…’’ he moved around it stopping at the front, his car… his precious baby… It was scratch all over, even if that wasn’t sufficient there was a sign tattooed with the key scratches.

 

‘Payback baby

With love, your dear Hyuna.’ 

 

‘‘Oh no she didn’t’’ Hyunseung ball his fists forgetting about the stupid papers. Well to hell that about smoothing things, Kim Hyuna has made her ing sentence clear. If she wanted war she would get war.

.

.

.

‘’It was you!’’ Hyuna heard a shout followed by hard footsteps and turned to a not so gentle look in Hyunseung’s face. ‘’I thought I had made that obvious’’ she said smiling.

‘’Pay for it’’ Hyuna titled her head to the right thinking hard. ‘’Hmmm… I don’t think so’’ Hyunseung mouth agape. ‘’You don’t think so? You scratched my car all over. You..’’

‘’So what? You started it you bastard at least they haven’t suspend your driving license’’ she explode all her happiness forgotten remembering their first incident. Hyuna pushed Hyunseung but before she could retract he grab her upper arm locking gaze with her. ‘’You’re so lucky I don’t hurt girls Hyuna but you really do tempt me sometimes’’ Hyuna scoffed at his statement. ‘‘Just try it you I am not afraid of you’’

Suddenly someone running had hit with her making her stumble dropping in Hyunseung arms who instinctively hug her. The anger or whatsoever had instantly disappear with the shock the new closeness offered. Hyuna heart sped up its pace forgetting how she had ended in this crazy situation, her face was so close to Hyunseung’s she blush a slight pink.

Hyunseung hold on her tightened bringing them closer than before if that was even possible, the gap between their faces decreasing more. She couldn’t think anymore her brain becoming mush as she closed her eyes.




Hey ^^.

Will they KISS?

Like promise there is 2hyun, though maybe not the way you had expect kkkkkk. I just love and denial.

I know I at names so I am sorry if they were not the best, I just notice in chapter 7 that Hyunseung father name is Hyunshik! OMG I’m so sorry for BTOB fans I swear I just notice too late or I would have thought of something else (I normally don’t use idols as bad people because I don’t like it, it is like reading a story where Hyuna is an evil , I really HATE it)

Lastly but not least I love you guys and thanks for your support, your comments and even just the fact that you read made my heart melt.

Please continue to look forward to it and I hope you had enjoy it.