2.Promise

Love and Lies

 

 

Thanks for subscribing, fro your comments and for voting. Love u.



Chapter 2

Promise


Jang Hyunseung Pov


Hyunseung insert the password of his home and entered, he take of his shoes and wore the small slippers at the entrance. Even though he had to come alone in the family car, this time he was not disappoint or sad about it. About his father leaving him to the driver Ahjussi again, in fact, he didn’t think anything in this day could become bad after meeting her. He smiled just thinking about the day he had spent today at the Kim’s.

‘’Why are you so happy Seungie?’’ his mother voice brought him back from his reverie and he smiled brightly at her. ‘’Did your Dad praise you today?’’ she concluded but he shake his head in denial.

‘’Better than that’’ he reply. ‘’Really? Then what is it?’’ she pried further wanting to know what was it. Hyunseung made his way to the living room and replied. ‘’I made a friend’’ her mother eyes opened widely in surprise.

‘’For real? But you said you didn’t like the kids from school. Did you change your mind?’’ she asked dumbfounded. Well he couldn’t blame her, he was very adamant when it came to things he didn’t want to do. Not even his father could make him change his mind. ‘’Ani, not in school. She’s the daughter of a business partner of Dad, her name is Hyuna’’ his mother face showed mischievousness now.

‘’She must be really special to make my son so happy’’ Hyunseung blushed at her statement.

‘’Omo! Seungie-ah you are blushing?’’ she kneeled next to him and grab his cheeks pinching them lightly. ‘’It’s been so long since you acted this cute’’ Hyunseung pouted his lips at seeing his mother antics. ‘’Omma don’t treat me like a child’’ he continue to pout but refused to snatched her hands away from his face. After all it had been a long time since he saw his mother so happy and playful with him. Normally she would greet him with a smile but not long after she would wear this strange expression of hers that made him felt sad.

‘’You’ve grown up so fast Seungie, now you even like a girl’’ at that statement he felt himself blush again and felt the urge to defend from the implication of his mother words. ‘’I didn’t say I like her!’’ his mother let go of his cheeks and stood up.

‘’Don’t lie, mom know everything’’ Hyunseung lowered his head in defeat and mumbled. ‘’I just like her a little bit’’ he heard his mother chuckle and looked up to find her in the kitchen showing her back to him. ‘’Arraseo… so where’s Dad?’’ Hyunseung became stiff with her question dreading her reaction but answer none the less. ‘’Abeoji said he would not be coming tonight because of a business dinner at Bussan. He said he may come tomorrow’’

‘’I-I see’’ her voice shake and she turned at him smiling again but Hyunseung didn’t like it. It was the fake smile she always wore to not worry him and it always appeared when father stayed out of home. Maybe she was worried about something happening to dad. She may have not notice but he knew those days she would cry herself to sleep and greet him in the morning with a lot of make-up that wasn’t sufficient to hide the red puffed eyes. He didn’t understand why she would do this, but he would try to ease her worries.

‘’Omma don’t worry, Abeoji said he would be here to lunch with us and flights to Bussan are very safe these days. Statistics don’t lie mom’’

‘’Is that so?’’ her eyes soften at him. ‘’Umm’’ he nod. ‘’Well then why don’t you tell me more about your new friend Hyuna while mom cook you something delicious?’’ he instantly brightened at the change of topic and start his tale.

‘’Hmm where to start?... She is a year younger than me and she’s very energetic, we played all day but at first……….’’ he narrates all the things he did today with her all with a smile on his face.

.

.

.

.

A month has passed since he’s been going to the Kim’s home. He would go with his father at least 2 times a week and without doubt those were definitely the best days in the month. He would be very happy if he could see Hyuna at school but she attended an all girls one making it impossible for him to transfer there. Today he would be going again and he was very excited, though it didn’t show in his face. The car stopped and he got out of the car calmly, his father following not long after.

‘’Hyunseung I hope you don’t cause problems like the last time we came’’ his father said with a stern voice making him look down with guilt. ‘’Yes sir’’

The last time he visited, he had played with Hyuna far away in the garden where the big trees lined up resembling a forest. Somehow in the middle of the game Hyuna managed to fell and hit her head with a rock. She had fainted and her forehead was bleeding slightly scaring him greatly. Not thinking it twice he lifted her up and ran to the house. Fortunately nothing serious had happened.

 After that he was reprimand by his father who seemed very angry and disappointed at him. Hyunseung felt guilty about what happened and wanted to apology to Hyuna but they decided it was sufficient games for that day and he was send home without seeing her. If he had notice before he could have protect her. He thought.

In the end they were forbidden to play too far away from eye sight which he found easy to follow but knowing Hyuna he knew she would break those words anytime she felt like. Hyuna was clumsy but that didn’t lower her eager curiosity and braveness stupidity, however this was one of the reasons he liked her so much. She was different from anyone he had known. She was honest. She did what she felt right and protest and fight for good things. He really admired her and he feel like he has to protect her from anyone and anything. She was that precious to him.

 

Hyunseung went to the backyard searching for Hyuna but only found a maid calling her name. ‘’Excuse me is Hyuna around here?’’ the maid put on a tired expression. ‘’Good evening young master. Yes, the lady has gone hidden from me and I can’t seem to find her…’’ … ‘’I will search for her, could you fetch some beverages for us?’’… ‘’sure’’ she bowed and left.

He continue to walk through the backyard and peeped in every hidden place Hyuna liked without finding her. Glancing far away a place came to his mind.

 The forest.  He decide to walk there to try luck but he was sure he would find here there. Hyuna was very stubborn and he was sure a prohibition would not stop her if she wanted to go that place.

‘’Hyuna are you here?!’’ He yelled when he didn’t see her around. ‘’Oppa?!’’ Hyunseung followed the voice running but saw nothing there.

‘’Oppa up!’’ Hyunseung blood ran cold at the sight on top of him. Hyuna was sitting on a tree limb that was almost four meters of distance from the floor. Maybe it was not too much for an adult but she was so small she could break more than a hand if she fell. What the raccoons was she doing up there anyway?   

‘’Hyuna get down from that tree’’ Hyuna pouted and puffed her cheeks cutely. ‘’But… here is fun and I can see everything please?’’ she begged. ‘’You know I hate heights. If you don’t come down I’ll go home’’ that must have been very convincing because not before he end the phrase she had started to climb down hastily. ‘’Wait oppa!’’ Hyuna fasten her speed and slipped. Hyunseung felt his heart nearly stop but she manages to hold onto another branch stopping the dangerous fall. When she was just a small distance from the ground Hyuna jumped off and he catch her just for safety. Who knows what could happen? After all Hyuna was the epitome of clumsiness or at least he think so.

‘’Did you hurt yourself?’’ he asked still holding her in his embrace. ‘’Ani, I’m fine’’ she hugged him tightly ‘’I missed you Hyunseung oppa’’ he leaned in and smiled. ‘’I missed you too Hyuna, but you have to stop frighten me every time I come. What if you got hurt like last time?’’ Hyunseung voice came out softly and he separate from the hug worry etched in his eyes as he saw the white bandages, slowly he touched her forehead and Hyuna winced slightly. ‘’See? You haven’t recovered yet’’.

‘’That’s because you haven’t kissed my wound. When oppa kisses me it will heal faster than normal’’ Hyuna smiled innocently at him. He sighed and grabs her face to finally kiss the bandaged spot. Hyuna jump away and twirl around. ‘’I already feel better’’ she giggled and grab his hands.

‘’Hyunseung oppa?’’ he looked straightly at her.

‘’Yes?’’  

‘’Promise that every time I got hurt you will kiss the pain away?’’ Hyunseung smile sincerely and it reached his eyes. ‘’I promise’’

‘’Then don’t worry too much arraseo?’’ before he could answer her she ran off and heard a yell from the distance to hurry up.

.

.

.

.

Hyunseung was in a deep slumber dreaming something that he may not remember in the morning when he heard a loud crash sound filling his ears. He immediately stood up from his bed in alert and with effort he tried to focus in any other sound. When he had decided it was maybe a part of his dream and lay again in bed he heard voices arguing in the house. 

Strangely his heart start pumping with fear as he walked slowly to his bedroom door, he stood rooted in place as he tried to hear the conversation recognizing his parent’s voices. Hyunseung heard the cries from his mother and clutched his heart that still kept rising it’s speed. The angry voice of his father was next followed by a loud slapping sound that got him alarmed. He didn’t want to think off the explanation behind that sound but he got a bad feeling about it. Hyunseung opened his door and walk his way to the voices as dread crawl in him.

‘’Where are you going?’’ his mother said with a shaken voice that was probably from her cries. ‘’A place where I don’t have to see your face’’ after that statement he heard a door shutting loudly and he continue his journey to his mother side.

She was in the living room floor sitting and crying, he gulped and approached her now with the fear away from him. ‘’Mom a-are you alright?’’ the eyes of his mother that resembled his so much were now full with tears, at seeing him she wiped them in a rush. ‘’Did I wake you Seungie? Did you hear something?’’

‘’I just wake up… Why are you crying?’’ his mother laughed. ‘’I fell just now and got hurt’’ Hyunseung clenched his fists but remained calm. ‘’Where?’’ she looked down and grab her right ankle. ‘’My foot’’ Hyunseung played along but he was no fool even if she had hit her foot why was her cheek red and busted? Was it his dad that did this? No that was a stupid question, he knew what that man was capable off. Anger overflowed him and all he could think of was how he wished he could take revenge of the situation. He wanted to asked about it, however his mom seemed like she didn’t want him to know so he just ignore it for her own good.

‘’Can I sleep with you today mom?’’ even if she didn’t want to share this with him he was going to protect her. ‘’Sure Seungie whenever you want’’

‘’Will Dad comeback home?’’ his mom became pale. ‘’H-he had a flight so he had to left’’ Hyunseung sighed with relief. That meant he would not be home for tonight and probably a few days. But that also reminded him how sad her mother got when his father was away, so even though he didn’t want it to happen he chanted words he had start getting used to.

‘’Don’t worry mom he’ll be back’’ he smiled softly at her and place his hand tenderly in her abused cheek. His mother smiled containing her troubled expression but it didn’t stop a few tears to flow in her face.

‘’Let’s go sleep. Nae?’’




 

First of all, I’m deeply sorry for the long wait. However I don’t feel guilty about it. This week I had exams and as you may understand my career depends on those results.

*Sigh* I myself experience this kind of childhood.  Every time I wrote I remembered those moments of impotence. Love is something beautiful but it’s also scary. 

Their childhood will soon come to an end which I find sad because I really enjoy writing their innocence.

However the story will start after that past introduction PLEASE ENJOY!

Ps: I’m finally free of exams so I will update sooner I promise.

Thanks again for Subscribing, Up voting, and commenting.

Love u xD