Never Look Back

Love and Lies

Thanks for subscribing i'm so happy to see so much people enjoying my work ^^



After eating, they rest for a few minutes just talking about random things, but most of it was about the animals they had petted earlier, he was glad he had choose that place to had a date with Hyuna because she seemed very happy about it.

Currently they were traveling to Hyuna’s childhood home and since they enter the car she had been silent, she occasionally speak to give him instructions of where he had to turn to get there. Finally they stop before giant open gates, he decide to left the car park outside since they didn’t need that much time inside.

Effectively the house was  near to his apartment, the two-store building looked so familiar though, like he had been here before, he shrugged the feeling away, after all he had been in so many rich houses when he was younger this one probably looked alike.

Hyuna halt her steps suddenly and she turn to look at him straightly. ‘’Maybe things can be… mmmm… a little tensed up but it’s something normal so don’t get bothered by it that much’’ she sighed and he smile to reassure her that he was fine with it.

When they enter, the sensation of being there had increased, but even if he tried hard he couldn’t remember the place, in that moment a young woman, probably in her late 20’s greet them.

‘’You’re here? I though you would never come back’’ the woman said with a surprised face however the tone she used to said those words gave him the impression she was implying she didn’t want Hyuna here. But wasn’t this Hyuna’s home.

‘’Well I’m here for the papers you want me to take’’ Hyuna said tonelessly, it was rare to see this side of her. It was even colder than the way she spoke to him when they first met.

‘’Of course. What else would you be here for? Please follow me’’ Hyuna roleed her eyes as they both followed the woman to a room.

‘’I’m sorry for not introducing myself earlier I was just too happy to see my daughter, it’s been a while since I saw her. My name is Park Soojin’’ she purred her name seductively.

‘’Jang Hyunseung’’ he said with disinterest and the woman smile grew wider and was about to say something when Hyuna interrupt. ‘’I’m sure my father won’t be happy to know the woman he sleeps with is flirting with his daughter boyfriend, so I suggest you to give me the papers and be done with this crap’’

Hyunseung eyes widened at her statement, did it mean Hyuna had finally accept him or was it because she was trying to save him from the woman before them? Each way it made his heart thump to know she at least care for him.

 ‘’Well what do we have here? It seems you finally learned to clean some of that dirty mouth of yours’’ Hyunseung frowned, the spiteful comment was made with such a sweet voice it made it more cringing and repulsive. ‘’Are you enjoying it that much that you’re going soft? You’re just like the of your—’’

‘’I am not the usual type to hit a woman but one more word of insult to her and I will consider it Mrs. Park’’ He had understand the implication of her words, he was treating Hyuna as a and he wouldn’t stand to hear it. What kind of woman was this? Now he understood why her phone had her as the ‘sneaky ’.

She was dangerous.

The spiteful woman didn’t seemed impressed by his words, more like amused and clap her hands once. ‘’I see you find someone just for you. Jang right?’’ Hyunseung glared at her and she lifted her arms retreating. Soojin went to the desk and gave Hyuna the files she needed.

‘’Since I already have the papers, make me show you the way out of here’’ Hyuna opened the study room door and pointed outside for the woman to be out.

‘’You’re such a fool Hyuna’’ she whispered to Hyuna as she passed by her side. Hyuna send her a threatening glare and slam the door as soon as she was out.

‘’Thank you for defending me a while ago’’ she sighed tiredly. ‘’I am sorry for her. She’s very unpleasant when she’s not acting’’ Hyuna looked at him with sympathy.

‘’How did you even survive beside her? And why don’t you tell you Father?’’

‘’Well I learned to, and about my dad… he is a blind man. But let’s not talk about that I don’t need more stress than the one in this house’’ she smiled at him and was about to exit when he grab her hand, forcing her to face him.

‘’What you said was that true? About me being your boyfriend?’’ Hyuna face flushed and she tried to escape but he grab her in place. He really wanted to know if she had been serious.

‘’I promise to not run so…’’ Hyunseung sighed and let her go. Hyuna look at the floor and then at him shyly, her flushed face had become more of a light pink and she start to play with the long ebony bangs of her hair. She was that shy.

 

She was panicking, Hyunseung had made that question and she didn’t know what do. Should she fake a laugh?

 ‘No Hyuna this is your opportunity don’t back off’  Hyuna played with her hair and breath in loudly, she saw a faint smile on Hyunseung lips and thought it must be funny to see her struggle like this.

 ‘’I… what I said…’’

‘Ok breath in again’ she got to calm down and look at him in the eyes as she said each and all her words. ‘’…These time with you had been the happiest moments since a long time and I’ve been thinking about my answer. Are you still waiting for it? For me?’’

The confession really made him happy, he didn’t think hearing such cheesy words would take this toll on him, the sincerity in them was astonishing but at the same time it sting his heart.

What am I doing?

Regardless of everything he wanted to forget the reason he was here in this moment and live it like all was true because for him it was real.

So he decide to forget and be truthful with himself and his feelings, just like he had been doing all these weeks. Just pushing his deal in the darkest corner of his mind.

‘’Hyuna I’ll be a fool if I didn’t wait for you. I like you Hyuna, I like you more than I think I will like anyone. So would you be my girlfriend?’’ he said and felt the heat in his cheeks. Was he seriously blushing?

‘’Yes’’ the sole word made him forgot every embarrassment he was passing in the moment and feel like the gorgeous girl in front of him was the one he was able to show all of him.

 

She felt so lucky and happy at hearing Hyunseung words, she felt like she was falling for him once more but stronger than before. She never meant more the word yes in her life, and she would never change her decision for anything because the way he was looking at her just confirm her she was right and he liked her just as much as she liked him.

Hyunseung cup her face and leaned to kiss her, she closed her eyes and enjoyed the sensation of his lips on hers.

This kiss was different from the others they had shared before, it was hard to explain it. It was like she could feel all the acceptance and care and love… it was not lusty or hard, it was soft slow and tender. Her hands place themselves in his shoulder and in response he hold her neck instead of her cheeks.

‘’What is this?!’’ they broke apart startled by the deep voice and Hyuna felt her face turning bright red at seeing the person that had just disturb their moment.

Her father widened his eyes in shock, and seemed to study Hyunseung who was uncomfortable with the situation. Before the situation could get any more awkward, she tried to break the icy atmosphere.

‘’A-ap-pa this person here is Jang Hyunseung my boyfriend’’ she stuttered as she tried to present Hyunseung to her father but it all seemed to worsen. The color of his father face turned pale as a sheet of paper and anger filled his eyes instantly.

‘’OUT!!’’ he yelled.

‘’What? Appa—’’

‘’I want him out of my house NOW! And don’t even think on seeing him again Hyuna’’ her father said sternly, she glance at Hyunseung and he look like he wasn’t sure of what to do, he was so uncomfortable.

‘’What? Why are you doing this? You’re being rude. You don’t even know him Appa’’ she said indignant.

‘’Didn’t you hear me boy?’’ this time he was talking directly to Hyunseung ignoring her opinion and presence completely.

‘’Hyuna I’ll leave for now, let’s talk later’’ he whispered to her and then turn to her father. ‘’Excuse for the intrusion Sir’’ Hyunseung bowed to the older man, the older man showed a pain expression for a second but collect his self. ‘’G-gurae just leave’’ Mr. Kim mumbled as he saw the young boy leaving.

 

‘’What is your problem? My love life doesn’t concern you. If it’s because we we’re kissing inside your study room or house I’m sorry. We shouldn’t have but you were too much’’ she said coldly to him and she hates to start a fight with him again but he had been to unfair to Hyunseung.

‘’You don’t know him. Listen to me for once Hyuna. Don’t see that boy again’’ he said pressing his fingers on his temple.

‘’You’re not gonna tell me who to date, it is not gonna happen. I want to be with him I am being honest when I say I love him’’ Hyuna stood up strong and said with confidence, again a pain crossed through his features remembering things he would prefer to forget.

 ‘’You are too young to understand love Hyuna. If you continue to date him or even see him forget about Aomori’’ he stated drastically and firmly, he knew Hyuna would never abandon the Resort, and he was right, the expression in her face confirm it.

‘’Now you’re threatening me?’’ she said mouth agape in disbelief. ‘’It’s for your own good. I will even take you out of anything relate to my company. So leave that boy’’

Hyuna anger flared up, it was unbelievable so much she chuckle at her situation, but if he wanted it to be so. Then be it! With her hot head and an uncensored tongue, she didn’t restrain herself.

‘’Is that so? Then take everything’’ she said dead serious ‘’Take it I don’t care anymore.’’ Her voice kept getting louder and before she knew it she was shouting at him.

‘’Aomori? Fine! It wasn’t even for me was it?! It was always to entertain the you call wife!’’ she heard a hard sound and felt her head being throw violently to a side, her father had slap her so hard her eyes watered with the sting sensation and her hair covered all her face.

It hurt so much, much more than that punch in the bar but it hurt more knowing it was him who did it. That it was her beloved father the one that had lifted his hand on her. 

Hyuna grab her purse and open it, she too all her credit cards and cash money and throw it to the floor beside with the resort papers.

‘’ Goodbye’’ she said straightening herself walking out of the room with all her dignity and pride.

.

.

As she came out of the house she start walking refusing from spilling the tears in her eyes, she was so angry and disappointed. And what was she to do now? She didn’t have money to grab a cab or signal on her cellphone to call Hyunseung to pick her up, she was alone with only her. A honk of a car sounded and she look towards it.

‘’Do you need a ride baby?’’ Hyuna chuckled bitterly. He had the best timing ever didn’t he? She though seeing as she saw Hyunseung coming out of the car and walking toward her.

‘’Are you sure? My boyfriend is kinda scary when jealous’’ she joked.

‘’Well I’m sure he is’’ he added and she laughed as the tears she tried to contain rundown her face.

’’That bad?’’ she sniffed and Hyunseung capture her face putting some strands of hair behind her ear. Then he wiped the tears that had fallen in her cheeks, she flinched a little when he passed his fingers in her swollen cheek.

‘’Well I now understand from where you inherit your strength. Your nose is bleeding’’ he said and wiped the blood with his shirt. So that is why her face was hurting so much.

‘’I owe you a shirt now’’ she smiled and saw him, his eyes were etch with worry and sympathy.

‘’Say Hyunseung…. If I was suddenly disowned and became a simple commoner and jobless to add to the list, with no cent on me. Only an apartment as my property. With a crazy family and me as a unexpected living accident because of clumsiness… that are of course coincidental’’ he smile at that. ‘’Will you still stay with me?’’ she looked hopefully at him, but he didn’t made her wait much with his response.

‘’I’ll tell you my family is more crazy than yours… and that I can work for both of us and that your apartment is too beautiful to resist’’ Hyuna punch him in the chest and he embrace her. ‘’…I’ll say I love you and that I don’t care about anything because you’re mine after all.’’ Tears continue to falll from her eyes but this time they were from happiness and relief.

‘’Thank you Hyunseung’’ they stayed embracing each other until his phone decide to ring. He let go of Hyuna and looks at the incoming call.

It was his father, he glared at the phone and turn it off. He had received countless calls form him in these past three weeks but he decided to ignore the all, for the sake of him and most of all the sake of Hyuna.

Hyunseung took distance of Hyuna looking at her. ‘’Let’s run away together. You and me and no one else. A place where nobody knows us and were only we exist… will you come?’’ he extended his hand and she grab it entwining their fingers.

‘’Wherever you want me to go’’ she said smiling and he wiped her face once more. He couldn’t be more happy.

.

.

.

‘’Everything went according to the plan’’ she said to the person on the other line of the call.

‘Good job Soojin-ah, you know what to do from now on. Attorney Ahn will help you with the details of the third phase’ she could see his face in that unpleasant smirk and hung up, as she didn’t have anything else to report.

Soojin take the kettle from the stove and pour some fresh hot tea into a porcelain cup. After that she dialed a very familiar number.

‘’Everything went well Jaehyun, he said that we have to start the second phase of the plan and that you had information to give me for the third phase‘’ she said softly in case someone could heard her.

‘’Let’s meet tomorrow after the meeting. I’m sure Kim Sajangnim will want to proceed as we thought‘’ They stayed silent as she put a few drops of a unlabeled bottle in the beverage and stir the contents in the cup of tea.

‘’Soojin be careful… I love you’’ she stayed silent at his words but accepted them all the same. He knew her heart anyways.

‘’I have to go the tea will get cold… bye’’ there was a small silence again and she was sure he hadn’t hung up yet, he never did.

‘’Jaehyun…’’ she start unsure.

‘’yes?’’

‘’What I am doing is worth it right?’’ his answer was instantly and that only assured her.

‘’yeah… it worth everything’’

‘’Thank you. I have to hang up’’

‘’Ok’’



Bwahahahahaha!!! The bad guys had start moving. Did you like the confession??????

Are you more curious about Soojin? Is she really that bad? Do you have any theories?

I am sure most of you see it coming that Hyunseung’s father was the one behind Soojin but you didn’t see the Kim’s trusted worker Attorney Ahn joining the black list right?

PLEASE DO COMMENT. I’m really curious to know your answers. PRETTY PLEASE?

See you ^^