Finding out

Love and Lies

Enjoy ^^


Hyunseung read the direction one more time and indeed, it was the right one. He felt extremely nervous, like a child, however he press the bell from the house twice with his slightly clammy hands waiting for the door to be open.

He heard some noise and then the door was half-open, he had to look down to the person that greet him, it was not what he had expect but it came to a surprise for him nonetheless.

‘’Can I help you Sir?’’ the little girl said timidly behind the door, only her head was visible. ‘’I’m searching for Jang… sorry, Lee Aera?’’ the little girl which he assumes was his sister looked behind and back at him.

‘’Mama is—‘’ before she could finish her sentence, he heard another voice. A very soothing and familiar one, how long had it been since he heard her so clearly?

‘’Misung-ah! How many times do I have to tell you, you can’t open the door to strangers?’’

‘’But Mama he seems nice’’ the little girl was out of sight, he was starting to feel out of place here but he couldn’t escape now, not when the door was open completely. His mother was in front of him a hand covering and her face in shock.

‘’I guess you recognize me…’’ he said awkwardly, maybe he shouldn’t have come.

‘’How could I forget my own son?’’ she said sadly and fumbled with the apron she had on. ‘’You… you want to come in?’’ his mother ask uncertainly.

He looked at her in detail, she had cut her hair shorter and there were more wrinkles that he remembered but overall she seemed healthy and peaceful. He was happy to see her once again, he thought he would feel anger at her but he couldn’t blame her, maybe abandon him was not the right thing to do… but at least he knew this woman had loved him and maybe still did. 

‘’Yes, please’’ she smiled still nervous so he smile back to reassure her.

‘’Is your husband home?’’ he felt uncomfortable to ask the question but didn’t want to cause a problem in her mother new family.

‘’He’s not home, but don’t worry Seung-ah, he’s a good man and even if he was here he would understand’’ it didn’t escape him the small smile of hers meaning she was happy with that man.

They entered the living room and she invited him to sit in the couch, there was his mother’s daughter watching some cartoons and laughing at something they said.

‘’Misung-ah this is Jang Hyunseung… you remember I said you had a big brother? Well he is here’’ she added cheerfully, the little girl widened her eyes cutely. He was surprised by the statement, he thought she would try to hide the relationship she had with him and he wouldn’t blame her, he would’ve felt sad but he wouldn’t judge her.

‘’Really Mama? Is he my Oppa?’’ his mother nodded and the girl let her TV show aside to run in front of him and start talking nonstop about the things she liked and ask him questions like an innocent girl. He played along until his mother send her to do her homework in her room for their privacy.

‘’I’m sorry… I didn’t think she would get so excited. Do you want some tea?’’ Hyunseung answered affirmatively. While she went to the kitchen, he followed behind.

‘’She’s a nice girl… though too energetic… I wouldn’t have thought you would talk to me to your new family’’ Hyunseung said casually, he didn’t meant to hurt her, it was only curiosity.

‘’I know I did wrong Hyunseung… your mother is so sorry, all these years I abandon you and I don’t deserve for you to come here and talk to me like nothing was wrong, however to me, you will always be my family just like Misung and her Appa is for me’’ she stretched her hand to touch him but recoil and instead hold it with her other one.

‘’It’s fine. I won’t lie and tell you it didn’t hurt and that I didn’t felt betrayed and that I didn’t need you… but I understand… you were only searching for your happiness and that wasn’t beside my father, at least you tried bringing me with you and you were a good mother to me, that is… for time you were there’’

‘’I’m so sorry Hyunseung’’ she said between sobs and tears in her eyes. Hyunseung hug her until she calmed down.

After taking a deep breath she giggled.

‘’I forgot your tea… let’s prepare it and catch up a bit yeah? I also want to know the reason why you’re here so suddenly… not like I don’t want you here, I’m really happy to see you again… I just though… I think I will go for that tea’’ Hyunseung nodded and sat waiting for his beverage.

 

It didn’t take too long before they were sitting comfortably drinking and talking, she had asked about his studies and how was his relationship with his father, he told her the truth of his rebellion stage  and how he was not in good terms with his father. He asked her about her family, and she told him she had remarried 2 years after she left them and a year later they had his sister that was now 4 years old.

He was happy to see her, he was really content that he had find her but he couldn’t help the feeling of knowing he had done so wrong to Hyuna for this moment, it didn’t felt right and the price he had to pay for this didn’t felt fair… but would it have been any other difference? And if he hadn’t accept the deal would he get to meet her?

Thoughts concerning her were swimming around his head once more smothering him, he had needed to come here and settle this but knowing he had left Hyuna behind even if it was for a few days made him felt sick and terrible guilty.

‘’Hyunseung?’’ He looked at her in question. ‘’I was calling your name but you were lost in thought’’

‘’What were you saying?’’ the woman smiled with curiousity. ‘’I was asking you if there were any girl in your life right now… Do you have someone special?’’

Immediately he thought of Hyuna, so carefree and energetic, laughing while she ran barefoot in the beach and calling after him to do the same. But then it changed to the look of pure hurt he saw in her eyes just two days ago.

He miss her so much.

‘’I guess by the look on your face you do?’’

‘’Yeah… I have someone special, she’s the most amazing person I’ve ever met’’ Hyunseung looked at his mother in the eyes, and smiled like a fool.

‘’I can see that. Will you present her to me someday? Or can I at least know her name?’’ she asked hopeful.

‘’Her name is Kim Hyuna but we’re not—’’ he was going to explain when she cut him off leaving him confused.

‘’Kim Hyuna? As in Hyuna-ya?’’ she laughed and continue. ‘’You were always so smitten by that little girl, I guess after all you finally end up together’’ Hyunseung frown not understanding what she was talking about.

‘’What do you mean?’’ his mother was taken aback by the question but explain herself anyway.

‘’Aren’t you talking about the little girl you played with every time you went with your father to Kim Jaesun house? The one you said you will marry?’’ She touched her cheek and stayed silent for a while thinking. ‘’I’m pretty sure her name was Hyuna… you always talked nonstop about her’’

He stayed silent processing the new information; it couldn’t be… that that little girl was Hyuna, his childhood friend that meant his first love.

‘’Hyunseungie oppa you’re back!’’ the little girl ran jumping on him to give him a crushing hug, he ruffled her hair with affection and she let go, it was in that moment that he notice her legs going down to see better.

‘’Why are you so full of scrapes?’’ he asked concern touching the flower theme aid bands on her knees. The ebony hair girl looked down to him now that was kneeled in front of her and laugh nervously. ‘’I kinda slipped in school today, but oppa! I still can play, let’s have a race, ne?’’

‘’But Hyuna... oppa don’t want you to get hurt, why don’t we play with Seungie instead?’’

Hyunseung froze in realization. All this time it was her, it had always been her…Why didn’t he notice before?

‘’Is something wrong Hyusneung-ah?’’ he blinked twice coming out of his thoughts and trying his best to remain clam. ‘’Ah.. ne… everything’s fine’’

‘’And we’re not dating’’ his mother look apologetic. ‘’I’m sorry, I thought she would have feelings for you’’

‘’It’s complicated’’ he answered vaguely to end the conversation, however she was still curious.

‘’Is it your father then?’’

‘’How—‘’ it came out of his mouth before he notice.

‘’Well, your father has always had… problems… with the Kim’s, I thought he would be difficult. Please Hyunseung, would you mind telling me? Maybe I could I don’t know…help… I’m… your mother right?’’

‘’Yes you are’’ she smiled and it calmed him right away, he decide to tell her anyway he was here for this wasn’t he? He needed to ask her some things too but first he had to update her about his situation.

‘’Hyuna and I were dating’’ somehow talking about her felt different, it was like her sole name had gain so much more meaning than before.

‘’Father, he is obsessed with Jaesun Group, so much he’s done things that are really wrong, because of those things Hyuna now hates me and I am afraid he will not stop until he destroy everything they own, including Hyuna’s family.

You asked me why I’m here right? I wanted to see you but most of all I wanted to know if there’s anything you know that can stop what my father has start, I don’t want to see how more people gets hurt because of him’’

‘’Oh my… can I know what are the things he did?’’ Hyunseung shake his head. ‘’I don’t want you to get more involve than you need or worry’’

She bit her lips and start playing with her fingers nervously, he saw as she took a deep breath and face him again with determination in her eyes.

‘’I do know something. But this thing will not only stop him, it will destroy everything he’s work for.

Your father he…’’

 

***

 

Now that he was driving back to Seoul, Hyunseung was regretting ever leaving the place in car and refusing to travel in plane, he would’ve taken at least 2 days lest. At first he had been indecisive of leaving the place and Hyuna alone for that amount of time but he continue convincing himself that the hunch he was having to search for his mother was a good idea.

Now he knew it was the right decision to make, he wasn’t sure of what had happened in the time he had gone away but at least now he was completely sure of what way to take and the right things to do.

What his mother had told him, it was the worst and the best thing he could ever hear, it would help them but unfortunately he wouldn’t be out of it without a great damage.

And then there was also the thing she said about her… it had open his eyes and now he couldn’t help but remember clearly everything.

His cheek sting, the blow was so hard he felt the skin still burning, the blood pulsating in that area. But he had manage to protect her and that was enough for him. The hand that was dragging him away let go to push him inside the back of the car. Now that he was in the enclosed space he felt scared of what will happen when he got home, will he be beaten up? And more importantly, will he be able to meet with Hyuna again? What if this was the last time they see each other?

He heard his name being screamed by the little girl and sat on his knees to look through the back window of the car.

She was running behind them, her tears staining her pretty face, and still calling his name with all the power of her lungs, as seconds passed by he saw her figure becoming smaller and finally disappearing from his sight.

‘’Will you shut up!’’ the voice startled him, reminding him of who he was with. Shakily he wiped his tears with the back of his sleeve and sat in his seat.

He knew, he always knew who she was, how important she was and he had been using them from the very start. His father knew one way or another they would’ve fallen in love or at least have a special bond between them and he used it.

He didn’t care for nothing but his own stupid and selfish goals, but this time he won’t let go of her, he won’t be drag away from her side because of him, he was going to keep her safe and he was going to end his father’s scheming and when it was over.

When it was over… he didn’t know about that yet…

But at least she will be happy again.

 




Hyunseung remembers YAY! What did his mother told him? SPOILER... Hyusneung had been thinking in doing something else to help Hyuna but now with that information he is going to do much more... what do you think it is?

I don't like this chapter too much, it feels like a filler but it's important. Originally it had more content but i changed the PLOT of the next chapters suddenly and i have to rewrite a lot. 

Anyway i'll try to update next week and i really really hopw you had like this. 

See you ^^

Thanks for all the subscribers, readers, comments xD and upvotes. 

you are amazing.