Close Call

Love and Lies

Thanks for reading and Subscribing and everything ^^



It has been 3 weeks since Hyunseung confessed to her and she had been thinking about his proposal very thoroughly. The moment he had said those words to her even though she was adamant to accept them right away, she had felt his sincerity and she would be a liar if she said she didn’t want to date Hyunseung officially.

To be honest it was not like they haven’t been doing that all these weeks, Hyunseung came to bug her every single day. They would go eat often outside being it a fancy restaurant or just a small one, they even ate a lot in the street stalls which she enjoyed a lot, sometimes they watch a movie or just chat in her home when she was too busy with assignments or when she didn’t feel like going out.

Hyunseung like to go out very much, how he got good grades when he did nothing at all was a big mystery because he was practically 24/7 with her and he didn’t even spare a glance to the books she had, not even when he help her when she didn’t understand something.

She felt like a fool… in the good sense. Just thinking about him made her smile, a smile that soon faltered and turned into a sigh. It’s been 3 days since she last saw Hyunseung, she was really believing that saying that goes ‘distance makes the heart grow fonder’ because it only made her notice how much she wanted to be with him for real.

She hadn’t been able to see him because, she was busy working with Soojin in the resort project. In a due month it would be the inauguration of Paradise a new addition in Aomori, a resort in Japan they had establish in name of her mother when she married her father. She was ecstatic with the news and fast development so much she was even able to work in good terms with the witch. Really there were strangely any kind of inconvenience something that made her weary but well she was always a little in the paranoid side when it concerned Park Soojin.

Taking that aside, even the relationship with her father was getting better after the later propose that Hyuna would be totally in charge of the administration of Aomori, he said the news would be announced in the inauguration of Paradise and it felt so good to see the shock face of Soojin that night she couldn’t felt better.

From the first time since long she had a free day, everything couldn’t be more perfect. Well only one thing, person was missing to make it perfect.

She heard a knock on the door and jump from her couch with a bright smile, Hyuna arranged her outfit and hair, she calm herself and take off the smile off her lips before she opened the door.

‘’I don’t know why you even knock, I’m sure you already convince the landlord to give you a spare key’’ she said convincingly but in a teasing manner.

‘’I missed you too’’ Hyunseung said with a smile and ruffled her hair to which she didn’t comply, after all she was already too used to it, after the small skinship the start walking out of the place towards the elevator.

‘’By the way how did you know about the key?’’ Hyunseung said amused and she stop midway pondering what he just said. Does that mean her suspicions and joke turn out real? Somehow, she could totally believe him doing it but wouldn’t that be too much.

He’s probably pranking you. She repeat laughing nervously in her mind.

 

‘’You’re joking right?’’ it came out like a shaking question and Hyunseung couldn’t contain his laughter at her terrified expression, it looked like she was trying hard to convince herself that he didn’t have a key to her apartment so he stop his joke.

‘’Of course I am. Why would I ask your landlord for a spare key when you will give it to me sooner more than later?’’ Hyuna frowned at him but smile internally. ‘’Conceited much aren’t you?’’

‘’But you love it’’ he add swiftly. She stay silent at that, what could she say? He was right after all, instead she just shrugged it off and continue her walk.

‘’So where are you kidnapping me today?’’ she send him a slight warm smile.

‘’Secret’’

.

.

.

‘’You’re still not telling me where we are going?’’ she said boringly.

‘’No’’ Hyunseung deadpanned.

‘’Hyunseung-ssi you should know I am not too fond of surprises’’ she added seriously, it was a small lie but she was so bored and couldn’t even entertain herself with the view.

‘’And you should know by now that I always have my way’’ she huffed and could feel some of her bangs moving out of her fringe. ‘’Alright you win. But could you at least take off this stupid blindfold off me? I’m bored of not seeing anything and I swear we’ve been riding for hours’’ she half-shout, half-whined annoyed by her situation.

‘’That won’t do either’’ Hyunseung replied to her calmly.

‘’Aisht!!!’’ she made an exasperated sound. ‘’I’m hating this date already’’ she fold her arms and pout giving up.

‘’So you admit we are having a date?’’ she could hear his amused voice and imagine the stupid grin in his face. ‘’Of course not. I just had a slip of tongue’’

‘’Whatever you say’’ he laughed lowly.

Hyuna swallowed her saliva and putt her arms in her lap fidgeting with her fingers, from the moment she saw him today she was trying to think how she could tell him she will accept him as her boyfriend but every scenario end up in her denying it. Like a moment ago, she could just say ‘yes! It’s a date. And I will date you from no onwards’

But no, this unfaithful mouth and body is always contradicting her wishes. How frustrating.

Hyuna just say it! Now or never!!. She took a deep breath. Now say it now!!

‘’Hey Hyunseu—‘’

‘’We are here…’’ she heard an unclasping sound, which was probably his seatbelt and then she could feel his hot breath near her ear and neck. She stiffened and restrain her urge to gasp at he stayed there for a while more. Hyunseung moved from next to her and sat again.

‘’Wait until I open for you, we don’t want our Hyuna to stumble on her own feet and twist her ankle would we?’’ Hyuna cheeks tinted pink at the ‘our’. She wanted to retort that she didn’t belong to him when the accusations of his statement get to her.

‘’Hey! That was just once, I’m not that clumsy’’ she really wanted to take the unwanted blindfold off and glare at him, and make holes in his head. If that was possible.

‘’Said the one who slip and drown. Hit a pole post while walking and let’s not forget that moment In the restaurant. I left to the restroom for a minute for much and came back to see the plates of both our and the table next to use shattered to pieces. How the spaghetti you were eating end in that poor woman head will still be a mystery to me… or would you want to remember you…’’

‘’Ok Ok stop! I get it happy?’’ she flew her arms out as wide as she could being in a car ’’I told you. Things just happen… coincidentally… you don’t have to remind me’’ she huffed and stare indignantly and wherever she was staring hoping that it was Hyunseung and that she was not making a fool of herself talking to space. Hyunseung chuckle and she deemed appropriate to change their subject. ‘’Now please lead the way I’m still blind here’’

She wait until she heard the door next to her open and extended her hand, Hyunseung took it in his and hauled her up holding her head for her to not hit with the car. They walk for a while and she could hear some of the people whispering things like how nice they look together or how romantic the guy was and things like that, it was so embarrassing being the center of attention so she lowered her head until they stop abruptly.

‘’Now look’’ Hyunseung took of the cloth off her eyes and she had to adjust to the change of the lighting. She look around her and squealed in delight, surrounding both of them there were lots of rabbits from different colors, they nuzzled their little muzzles in her shoes shyly to know the new intruder and she felt like dying from the excitement.

‘’Oh my god they’re so cute…’’ she said and bend to pet one of them and then two and three.

.

.

.

‘’Why can’t we stay longer?’’ she whined at him pleadingly. ‘’Please’’ she tried putting her best cat eyes and aegyo but it seemed not sufficient for him to give up on his resolve. ‘’It will close in an hour and we haven’t ate anything. I bet you’re just as hungry as I am’’

‘’I’m not’’ she pout and her stomach decide to put her on shame that moment as it grumble as loud as ever. ‘’See? You’re hungry’’

‘’Aisht fine! You win again’’ she said dejected. ‘’Since I can’t play here can we go to Hongdae’’ she sat in the car and put on her seatbelt. ‘’

‘’Are you sure? Hongdae is far from here’’ he asked her. She was faming so maybe that place wasn’t the best option.

‘’I have a better idea’’

‘’What?’’ she asked curious. ‘’Do you want to come over to my house?’’ He glance at her and divert his gaze to the roadway, she stayed silent looking at him expressionless. ‘’I’m not having with you Hyun— hey! What was that for?!’’ she yelled as she received a flick on her forehead.

‘’Idiot. I’m being serious here, I’ll cook something and you can go through my things as you please. Look at it like payback for crushing in your apartment so much times’’ he opened his eyes invitingly. ‘’Seems fair enough right?’’

Hyuna couldn’t really hide that she had like his proposal, it sound fun and she will finally see how he live and maybe find something to or just learn something else from him.

‘’Are you sure you want me to go through your stuff?’’ she said teasingly. ‘’I don’t have anything to hide’’

‘’Deal’’ she smiled forgetting her hunger for a moment, she felt so comfortable with Hyusneung. She hope she had more days like these.

.

.

.

‘’You live near my home’’ Hyuna said as she join him outside of his vehicle. ‘’If you consider near an hour away in car? Then yes it’s near’’ he said shrugging remembering how he usually had to spend that much to travel to Hyuna’s.

‘’No pabo, I mean my parents’ home, the one I grew in. It’s more or less 15 minutes in car from here’’

‘’Really?’’ he asked surprised, that mean they were very near in his childhood. ‘’Yeah, If I didn’t attend an all-girls school maybe we would’ve known each other and be friends’’ He walk with Hyuna to his place, it would have been good if he had known Hyuna before, if it was before he was sure he would’ve be in good terms with her and maybe more.

‘’Probably we would’’

‘’So... do you live alone?’’ she asked and he saw how she arrange the bangs that had covered her eyes behind her ears, a habit she had when nervous so he decide to soften her nerves.

‘’Why? You want to know your in-laws so fast?’’ Hyuna blushed, her pale skin turning a fain pink, he love seeing her blush. She looked so beautiful, like a doll. ‘’I d-didn’t’’ she stuttered cutely as her face turned a darker shade of pink and he couldn’t resist to laugh out loud.

‘’I’m joking… I live alone. My mother….’’ He opened his door after putting the password of the door. He was pondering telling her or not, but even if it was something he preferred not to talk about it seemed right to tell her. Hyuna was that special.

‘’My mother left years ago and my father… let’s say we’re better far from each other’’ Hyuna looked down.

‘’Oh….’’ She didn’t know what to say but look at Hyunseung in the eyes. ‘’Well if it make you feel better I lost my mother when I was six and since then my father is a most of the times ’’ Hyunseung laughed softly. ‘’How is that supposed to make me feel better? If anything it makes me feel worse’’ he said smiling sympathetically.

Finally he opened the door and they step in taking off their shoes and she wait until Hyunseung came back with some extra slippers.

‘’What do you want to eat darling?’’ he said behind the open fridge. ‘’Darling?’’ she said surprised by the endearment and somewhat shy. ‘’My house my rules’’ Hyuna smile, he really did have his way with everything.

‘’Anything is fine for me, I will be looking around’’ she said as she scan the room.

‘’Sure, make yourself comfortable’’

Hyuna start walking around the living room critically, she wanted to find something that could be embarrassing for him so she search for anything but there was nothing to look at. The place was so cold, just as a hotel room it seemed his house had no memories in it. No photos no nothing.

 She start wandering further and found a room that she hope it was Hyunseung’s, anyway the rest wouldn’t have anything since he lived alone. This room was more customized than the rest of the house so she guessed she had been correct in thinking this was his room.

Even though it had more personality, it also felt very lonely. She opened the closet to see various clothes hanged. Then continue with the drawers and after finding nothing but clothes she opt for the nightstand, inside she found a folder that was a little heavy with documents.

‘’Probably nothing interesting’’ she mumbled and throw the folder in the drawer missing the paper that had slightly came out of the folder.

Name: Kim Hyuna       Age: 20

 

She closed the nightstand drawer and looked under the bed, wanting to find something better to occupy her free time. Under the bed was a box, Hyuna put on a mischievous grin and pick it up from where it was. The box was full of video tapes, she opened one and played it in the recorder that was also in that box and put play.

The tape showed a very young woman, she was beautiful with long dark brown hair, she smiled before turning the camera to record a small baby. It must have been Hyunseung when small

‘’So cute~’’ she and the woman said at the same time and she laughed at that. She look at it all and decide to find one where Hyunseung was bigger so she could see how he was. She took another cassette and played it.

This time it was Hyunseung parents wedding and his mother was the one being recorded, the white gown enhanced her body so good, the woman was stunning, that must be where he got his good looks, she thought. She choose another one with a bit of jealousy, thinking how he had so much from his mom. A smaller box caught her eyes and she decide to open it before continue to watch more tapes.

Inside was a picture frame that said ‘next mission: take a photo together’ followed by an ‘H&H’…. H&H?

‘’Hyunseung and Hyuna…’’ she said in a bit of daze touching the engraved initials and hummed. ‘’What a coincidence…’’

‘’Hyuna your phone is ringing’’ she hear Hyunseung yelled from the kitchen, she stood up putting the frame down covering a small wilt flower ring she didn’t saw. She tidy everything and put the boxes under the bed where she had found it.

 

‘’Who was it?’’ she start saying at seeing Hyunseung with her phone.

 ‘’Some… sneaky ?’’ he said unsure. ‘’oh !’’ she shout remembering why the witch may be calling her.

‘’What is it?’’ Hyunseung asked startled by her outburst, she passed her hand through her hair and scratched the side of her neck.

‘’I forgot I had to go home for some papers the … my stepmother wanted me to look over’’ Hyunseung ignored the fact he just insulted his stepmother and tried to find a way to help her. ‘’Do you want to go retrieve them at your home now? It’s near after all’’

‘’Would you do that?’’ he nodded and turn off the stove. ‘’You don’t even have to ask’’ Hyuna send him a chilling smile that warm him up and he return it.

‘’But after eating… I’m really starving darling’’ she winked at him and sat on the chair. He laughed at her sentence and serve the dishes, trying to enjoy every moment together.




I don’t even remember when I last update LOL I hope it hadn’t been to long for you xD

Hyuna was so close to find both truths O.O…. so what do you think will be reveal to her first?

And… soooooon very sooon they will be official so look forward to it ;P

Next update will be sooner than expect because I have the draft ready and just have to pass it to digital.

See you guys ^^

Thanks for subscribing and for your comments ^^.

Please do comment more, It really makes me happy xD