4.Turning Point

Love and Lies

Thanks for subscribing. Enjoy xD


Chapter 4

Turning Point

 

Hyunseung walked a few steps behind his father while they walked towards the big house that was owned by the Kim’s, from the moment they were out of the company his father had been dead silent and the atmosphere around him was really suffocating. He could only guess he was in that mood because of a man he had a meeting with. He had never saw that man before but he didn’t like him; he was very intimidating and more so the two bodyguards that were guarding him.

He had tried to ask his father is he was alright but he just changed the topic and from there on he had been like this. He just wish to see Hyuna honestly, it was the only person who could lighten his mood and made him forgot the stress that his father put upon him.

‘’Go directly to search for the kid I will be occupied and expect no interruptions’’ Hyunseung bowed. ‘’Yes sir’’ he walked away to search for a maid to ask for the little girl whereabouts.

‘’Ahjumma I’m searching for Hyuna could you tell me where she is at?’’ he asked and the woman told him she was in her room taking a nap. In front of Hyuna’s room he hardly debate whether he should go in or not.

Finally he decided to enter but in case she was asleep just wait for her to wake up. Slowly he opened the door and there she was, laying down peacefully in the big size bed.

Glancing around the room he saw the small flower ring now withered on top on the night shelf, thankfully he had plait it so good it didn’t lose its initial form. He himself had his wedding ring carefully secure in a box with his precious objects. Continuing to look around he found a picture of Hyuna’s family and beside it one of Hyuna’s mother smiling. Maybe he should also take a photo with Hyuna to have a memory together.

After looking around he got closer to the sleeping body just to admire her for a while, as he was nearing a stir and slight mumble made him looked directly at her eyes to find Hyuna gazing at him with puffy sleepy eyes.   

‘’Oppa?’’ she said groggily and rub her eyes to focus better, a smile adorned his lips and he sat on her bed holding her hands. ‘’You shouldn’t rub your eyes so hard’’ after saying that he let go of her and she embrace him in a soft hug burying her face in his shirt. ‘’I missed you Hyunseung Oppa’’ Hyunseung hug her back with more force leaving totally behind the cold and false façade used for others. ‘’I missed you too’’ They stayed in the comfortable position for awhile until Hyuna moved finally awake.

‘’What took you so long to come?’’ she asked pouting and he couldn’t complain. It had been a month and four days since the last time he came here. The reason? His father didn’t have any recent business with the Jaesun Group and if he barely mentioned the topic he received a dissatisfied and angry glare. ‘’Let’s say my dad has been very busy and a little scary’’ he respond with sincerity.  ‘’Scary?’’

‘’Don’t mind that too much. He’s always like that, anyway that’s why I couldn’t come before’’  Hyuna continue pouting not pleased with the fact that Hyunseung could only come when his father did but jumped as an idea came to her head.

‘’Oppa why don’t you stay to sleep over?! My friends do so often, maybe you could sleep over for a week’’ Hyuna jumped excitedly but Hyunseung could just think it with a crestfallen face. ‘’I really don’t think Abeoji will let me. I have to study and work with him everyday’’… ‘’But…’’ Hyuna looked around finding a good reason so they could convince Mr. Jang when her eyes stop in her ring.

 ‘’I know! We can tell Samchom that we are married, when people do that they live together don’t they?’’  Hyuna take hold of his hand and star walking towards her door.

‘’I still don’t thin—‘’…’’Don’t worry Oppa I will ask my Dad so that you can stay here’’ she cut him off instantly as they continue walking to somewhere in the house.   

The idea of staying here sounds really pleasing to his ears but he had responsibilities to attend and even if he could still do them living here he was worried about his Mom. She was so sad lately, she sulk everyday and sometimes cried even in front of him. They had even hired a maid to do all the chores since she didn’t feel good to do it. He really misses his mother food.

‘’After this let’s play with Seung-ah  yeah? He has grown a lot sin—‘’ Hyuna speech was muffled by a sudden angry shout that made both jump startled. Hyunseung was so deep in thought he didn’t realize where Hyuna was leading him, but now he knew recognizing the owner of that yell. Frightened but curious both children hid behind the wooden door eavesdropping the heated conversation.  

‘’Don’t you understand this will help for the future of our companies’’

‘’I’m not agreeing to this. Definitely not’’

‘’Then you’re abandoning our friendship and hard work for this ing pride of yours?’’

‘’It’s not pride Hyunshik! What you’re thinking is illegal!’’

‘’It is not! And I already made the investment are you really going to give me your back?’’

‘’Say whatever you want but I will not give you money for that purpose. As for the investment I told you not to before’’

‘’How selfish can you be? Didn’t you do the same as me before? Why the hell are you pretending to be all righteous now! All this you have was gained from th--’’

‘’I said NO! If you have nothing to say stay away from me and my family I don’t want involvements with those criminals again!’’

‘’What’s happening oppa? I’m scared’’ Hyuna whispered while she grab Hyunseung hand harder. ‘’It’s okay.  We better go before they see us yes?’’ Hyuna nodded slowly and they start walking back without any noise when the door slammed open making both turned to the direction of the fuming man.

‘’What are you two doing here?!’’ Mr. Kim yelled. Hyuna tears start flowing with the shout, never had she seen her dad this furious. Mr. Jang grab Hyunseung hand shoving the crying girl aside with force. ‘’Don’t treat her like that!’’ Hyunseung screamed enraged.

‘’Shut your mouth!’’ Hyunseung heard before a hard slap send him lying to the floor.  

‘’Oppa!’’  Hyuna cried worriedly before seeing Hyunseung father carrying him forcible by his hand to the exit.

‘’Hyuna you stay here!’’ she looked at her dad. ‘’But Appa’’… ‘’I said to stay here!’’ her dad reprimand filling her with rage. ‘’No! I hate you!’’ before he could take a hold of her she ran to where Hyunseung was.

‘’What was all that yelling? Hyuna where are you running to?’’  Hyuna mother appeared confused with all the bickering. ‘’Care to explain?’’ she said searching the answer in her husband to no avail. And soon she was after her daughter.

 

 

Hyuna ran desperately to her house gates and saw how Hyunseung was shoved violently in the car. She tried to get to the vehicle when it start driving away. Hyuna continue after it crying Hyunseung name loudly afraid that this would be the last she would see him but it just kept getting far away from her reach. She saw Hyunseung at the back window with tears in his eyes and she tried harder to run faster but the car disappeared from her sight. Not really giving up she continue until she heard her mother voice worriedly behind her.

‘’Hyuna!’’ she turned around by reflex but decide to not let her catch her because then it would mean to never see Hyunseung again.

Trying to cross to the next side of the road she froze paralyzed with fear at seeing a car coming to her direction. Hyuna closed her eyes tightly and soon felt herself falling and a lot of pain, as she dared open her eyes she saw her mom beside her on the floor and a lot of blood oozing from her head and splattered in the dark asphalt.

‘’Omma!’’ she tried to stand up but fell to the floor with an unbearable pain in her right leg. Slowly Hyuna crawled to her.

‘’Omma wake up’’ Hyuna tried shaking her but she didn’t respond the only thing that she could register was the blood that continued to flow so she grab her mother head trying to stop it with no effort and it soon stained her small hands and clothing.

 She didn’t know how much time she stayed there with the lying body but the last thing she recalled was hurting from her screaming after her mother, the slurry words of people around her and finally it was all darkness. 

.

.

.

The loud crash of an object woke him up startled. His heart kept beating non-stop between his ribcage. Shouts and arguing could be heard in the living room of his house reminding him the reason why he woke up. He was sincerely tired of it. Every single day there would be some kind of fight between his parents, it had become so often he had start to ignore the issue and just wait until the commotion ended to left his room and start his day like nothing happened. Also he had no choice, when he tried to regard the problem his mother would act like everything was fine and he didn’t speak to his father unless it was about his tutoring in the company.

Slowly he tried to cover in the sheets to continue with his sleep but then his alarm clock start its annoying sound. He huffed in disbelief. Well he better prepare soon. Today he didn’t have classes but instead something better. Today he would be attending his dancing classes, his mother had inscribed him a while ago and it was obviously a secret for his father. He love going it was the only good thing in his life lately. That and Hyuna, but he had prohibit to see her again and it’s not like he could sneak out so easily from his father grip. Lazily he head towards the bathroom, at least he could get his mind off things later.

.

.

 

Hyunseung took off his shoes and enter his home greeting loudly waiting a response that never came. Well that is strange no matter what his mother always answered, panic him as he imagine the worst happening to his mom. What if that bastard had hit her again? He ran to her bedroom searching for her to find it empty. Maybe he was thinking too much, she must have gone to buy groceries or something like that.

He moved to the kitchen to serve himself a bottle of water when the phone start going off. Tiredly he walk towards it and answer disinterestedly, he stayed waiting there for a while until he heard a choke sob that was way too familiar. His heart start beating wildly not only because he believe something was wrong but also because he had missed her a lot, it had been a year after all, before he could utter her name the person he expected spoke.

‘’Oppa please save me’’ she choked a cry and he got alarmed at the pain he could hear from her. ‘’Hyuna? What happened?! Are you home?‘’ he said but the phone call was cut suddenly. Something bad happened to her.

 It was the first time he had any contact with the Kim’s family since that day, he had no idea what had happened after he was prohibited to see her. Determined he decide to go to her home even if after he would get scolded, it was a perfect opportunity now that no one was home.Grabbing some cash he head out of his home and took a taxi. First he had to go to his father office, he didn’t remember Hyuna’s direction and he knew someone there would give him information.

At arriving the building he hurriedly went to his father office to ask the secretary, but Ms. Jung wasn’t there, nervously he walked to her files trying to find any document with the Jaesun Group or the Kim’s on it.

‘’Finally’’  he mumbled as he saw what he was searching for, he was going to write it down in a sheet of white paper when he heard a loud sound from his father office. His heart sped up at hearing more of the foreign noises that sounded painful in his ears. He got nearer to the office door and opened it slightly.

Hyunseung eyes widened. His father and secretary Jung, he didn’t understand what was happening but he felt his stomach churn at the sight, it felt wrong to continue seeing but he had frozen in place. The woman’s flushed face moved to his direction and she lock eyes with him smirking and louder as if on purpose. Frightened he ran from there until he reach the lobby of the place forgetting the original reason as to why he was here.

‘’Young master? What are you doing here?’’ Hyunseung saw the driver that work for them approaching him. ‘’Are you sick? You looked pale, should I carry you home?’’ Hyunseung nodded and enter the vehicle in dead silence.

 

Before he even notice he was again in the safety of his home, and again there was no sign of his mother being home, he really wanted to ask her about what he saw but he was also nervous thinking that maybe this was the reason why his mother was suffering. Did she saw the same thing as he? Was she frightened to? Repulsed?

He decided to take a nap and relax, it was not good to overly think things. He sat on his bed feeling exhausted but a box in the edge of his bed call his attention. What was that?

He opened the box and found a video camera, what was this doing here? Her mother love to make videos and she had a lot of recordings with both of them. He walked to his mother room to put the box in the closet where it should be. He opened the wardrobe and there was nothing in it. All his mother clothes and things where gone. What was happening?

With a strange gut feeling Hyunseung opened the video camera and press the play button. His mother had her eyes red from crying, and one of them slightly swollen with a greenish color to it but she was smiling brightly.

‘Hyunseung you know how much I love you don’t you?’ she paused for a moment like waiting for him to answer and continue. ‘I will be going for a while but please be a good boy yes?’ tears fell from his eyes at seeing her trying to contain hers. ‘I love you so much Hyunseung… I hope I could bring you with me but he won’t let me…’  his mother soft cries intensified as she could no longer hold them in. ‘I’m so sorry… I love you so much… don’t worry mom will come back home for you’

But he knew better, she had left him and she would never come back, he would never see her again.  Was it him? Did he do something wrong? Maybe he should have protect her better. Suddenly the images of his father and the secretary fill his mind.

It was him, It was all his fault. His mother was gone because of him and he would never forgive him that.

.

.

.

 

Red. All she could see had turned red. Closing her eyes tightly she convince herself that all what had happened was a lie. Slowly she opened her eyes and found her vision normal as it should be.

This time she looked around and saw a closed door in front of her, she was afraid. Somehow she felt walking through that door will lead her to a horrible truth but having nowhere else to go she opened it.

‘Appa?’ she asked the figure of the man sitting beside something covered with a blanket in something that looked like a hospital bed. Trembling she got nearer to her father and the sight brought her pain.

It was not the warm smile and eyes that regard her in the moment. This time the face of her father was looking at her with absolute hate. ‘Appa? Why?’ she asked hurt with the cold gaze towards her.

‘Why did you not listen to me? Because of you your mother is dead! Why? Why did she left us?’The bold words struck her and she remembered the accident she tried to block of her mind, the blood, the death. Her father burst in tears and at that moment she notices her own flowing constantly.

  Turning to the bed she lifted the cover just slightly. The truth never more cruel. It was her mother peacefully with her eyes close, sleeping like in the fairy tale she once read. Hyuna extended her hand to caress her mother cheek when her eyes shot open showing tears of blood.

‘Why did you kill me?’  

 

Hyuna gasped loudly sitting in bed with the shock. The sweat mixing with the tears falling from her eyes. Shakily she got out of her bed and walked towards the calendar hanging in the baby blue wall. Taking carefully the red marker she draws a big ‘X’ in the encircled date.

June 6.

Silent tears continue to fall from her red swollen eyes, today was the first anniversary of her mother’s death. It was her fault, all her fault. If just she hadn’t run to the other side of the road trying to escape from her. If she had heard her dad command to stay behind and not follow him. Why did her mom protect her? She was the one that had to die not her.

And her father. She remembers clearly the way he treat her when he rushed to her in the hospital, never had she seen so much blame in his eyes. After her mother death he just closed his self from her, it was like she had lost her dad along with her mom. Her dream was really not that far from her reality and it sadden her greatly.

A loud nock sounded in her bedroom door, opening it she came face to face with one of the new workers of the house.

‘’Agassi your mother said she wish you to go down for breakfast now’’ Hyuna frowned at the news. ‘’She’s not my mother. Is my father home?’’ the new maid stiffen a little.

 ‘’I’m sorry. About Master Kim he left home early and will not be home today’’

‘’Well then tell Park Soojin not even in her dreams I will eat with her’’ the worker bowed with an uneasy face and left the room closing the door behind her.

Who does she think she is? Her father could say whatever he liked but he don’t and will never trust that woman, something deep inside her told her that. Hyuna sighed. What was her father thinking? She had hope that he would at least go to the cemetery together, now she will have to ask Ahjussi to drive her there. Disappointed she moved towards her bathroom. How worse her day could get? If only Hyunseung could be with her.

.

.

.

Hyuna got down of the car slowly and with no energy, she had just came from visiting her mother’s grave and walked lifeless trough the living room of her home she notice the emptiness of it. How rare, usually the witch was around here at this hour pretending to be all nice, and not only that the employers were not anywhere in sight. A bad feeling crept in the pits of her stomach and he ran upstairs to her room. Glancing around she found all her things in their place and she sighed with relief but it soon washed away at the smell of smoke, something was being burned in the back garden. Again the horrible feeling filled her and she looked through her window.

Hyuna gasped horrified, the workers were burning all her mother things while the witch sat triumphant. Hurriedly she ran outside to stop it, to stop them. They couldn’t do this, she couldn’t do this, she had no right in her mother things, she had no right.

Anger possessed her as she yelled with all her force to the employers to stop, which they did startled.

‘’Continue what you were doing now. Remember whose order was this’’ Park Soojin said firmly. ‘’Don’t you dare! I’ll tell my father about this!’’ the workers seemed sad with her words but continue nonetheless. ‘’Didn’t you heard me?!’’ Soojin took hold of Hyuna harshly carrying her to the inside of the house and throw her hard at the couch.

‘’This was your father’s wish’’ Hyuna got enraged, no matter what her father would never. ‘’You’re lying you witch!’’ the older woman grab Hyuna’s hair tightly and gave her a look of disgust. ‘’I’m tired of your manners stupid girl, this time I’m not letting it pass’’ even in her position with her scalp hurting with the harsh treatment Hyuna rebel. ‘’What are you gonna do? Are you gonna hit me?’’

‘’There are ways to punish someone without trail’’ the older threatened but it only got Hyuna more enraged and she slapped the woman face with all the force she could muster. ‘’Try it! My father will leave you for sure!’’ the woman let her go and smirk. ‘’You’re a really feisty one but you lost to me’’ Soojin caress Hyuna hair and start faking sobs confusing her.

‘’What is wrong here?’’ a stern voice that she recognized as her father said. ‘’I’m sorry honey, it’s my fault. I should have waited to tell her what we were doing with her mother’s things. I tried to comfort her but she slapped me. I don’t understand why she dislikes me so much’’ the woman continue faking and tears start to swell up making it believable. ‘’She’s a liar Dad! She wanted to hit me’’

‘’I’m sorry Hyuna dear I know you miss your mom but I want you to open to me. Please don’t lie I love you’’ Hyuna’s dad looked at her with disappointment. ‘’I expect more of you Hyuna. Any other behavior like this and I will not hesitate to lock you up until you learn your lesson’’

‘’But dad she--‘’… ‘’No excuses. Go to your room now!’’

Hyuna disappeared as fast as she could from their presence. It was so unfair, it hurts too much. Why did she have to leave her? If only she could see Oppa one more time. 

She stopped and found herself in front of her father studio. The only thing in  her mind was to see Hyunseung oppa again so she scurried inside and started searching in her father agenda the Jang’s number. After a long search she find the number and dialed nervously.

‘’Hello?’’ the familiar voice made all her defenses crumble. It had been so long since she heard him, the only person that cared for her now. She wanted to escape from here, she didn’t want to be with that woman and her lies again or with the cold heart father that didn’t want to see her in the eyes anymore. She wanted to be with Hyunseung and run from home.

‘’Oppa please save me’’ she choked a cry.

‘’Hyuna? What happ—‘’ *beep* she heard nothing else but the sound of disconnection.

‘’I can’t believe it Hyuna. Didn’t you already learn with your mother death?’’ those words stung her and it pierce her heart more knowing they had come from her father mouth. ‘’Honey don’t be so mad you’re scaring her’’

‘’I don’t want to see your face fro now Hyuna and you’re prohibit to talk to that family again understood?’’ before she could reply he left slamming the door behind him rudely.

Hyuna stood there glancing at the floor thinking she was finally alone until a voice brought her attention back. ‘’How are you?’’

‘’Why do you care?’’ she asked wickedly in defense. ‘’I don’t care darling. I just wanted to know if you understand your lesson’’

‘’What do you mean?’’ Hyuna asked but she really didn’t feel like fighting with this woman. ‘’Don’t get in my way that’s what I mean. Even If I would like you to disappear and die like your stupid mom I can’t let that happen’’

‘’You’re the worst witch’’ the woman smiled as if it was a compliment. ‘’Is that really all you can say?’’ Soojin grab her cheeks painfully. ‘’Every time you go against me I’m gonna take away something from you. First was your father and the memories of your precious mother, second that dirty dog of yours and if I get to your little friend I will make him the third. I wonder what else can I take from you?’’ the evil woman before here start to contemplate her options as Hyuna stared at her with agony.

‘’Did you kill Seungie?’’ the older covered as if surprised. ‘’Omo! I wasn’t supposed to give you the good news so fast. Please listen to your father ok Hyuna? I know you’re upset but he loves you very much as well as me, don’t try to escape again ok?’’ suddenly she changed her voice to a sweet one leaving her confused again. What was wrong with her? and Seungie, she killed him.

‘’You shouldn’t be so soft to her Soojin ah, you’re indeed a good woman’’ she walked to her father and grab his hand. ‘’I’m sorry yeobo your daughter is just too adorable but I think we should leave her alone’’

Hyuna fell to the ground, her stomach felt upset, revulsion overcame her at thinking all that woman ways, at understanding the Park Soojin games hatred fill all her body. She will never let that witch take anything else from her.

Never again she will lose to her, even if it means becoming a worse person than her. From now on she is dead. This new Hyuna will never need anything from any one.

Hyuna vowed as she wiped her flowing tears.




I took too long I know, I’m deeply sorry. This chapter was also overly long (for me that is) but I hope you had like it.

PLEASE leave Comments I want to know what you think about this chapter since it is the last of their childhood.

Thanks for all the subscribers and the love you’ve showed so far.

Until next time.