Not So Bad

Love and Lies

Thanks for subcribing and commenting... Enjoy ^^


.

.

‘’It’s rare for you to drink like this’’ Jihyun said gazing at the empty bottles of beer. ‘’what happened this time Hyuna? It’s really unlike you to call me to come and find you surrounded by beer’’ after placing Hyuna suitcase in the room Jihyun sat beside Hyuna in her bed waiting for her explanation.

‘’I am sorry you had to come like this. Where you having fun in Jeju?’’ Hyuna grab a new bottle and passed it to her older friend. ‘’I was worried after that text you sent me so I didn’t thought it twice before I found myself in the airport’’ Jihyun giggled showing her well-known eye smile. ‘’Anyways it isn’t like we haven’t been there a lot of times’’ Hyuna smiled at Jihyun statement, she was one of the closest friend she ever had from her elementary time and her biggest confident.

Her phone going off gain her attention, she look at the caller and frowned with anger. Hyuna touch the shut down button and throw her cell phone far from her side.

‘’So, by the name on that screen I am guessing you’re still affected by your father’’ Hyuna look at Jihyun still with anger visible in her eyes.

‘’What father? I don’t remember having one’’ she reply taking a sip of her beer. ‘’We both now you don’t mean that Hyuna’’ the older of the two said calmly. ‘’Now tell me what’s wrong’’

Hyuna sighed and told her everything from the call in Jeju until the events in the meeting and the talk with the evil snake.

‘’I’m sure he must have a reason for that Hyuna, your father is sometimes unjust and cold to you but I’m sure he loves you a lot. And about your stepmother haven’t you thought of telling your father? I mean she is very bad towards you I’m sure if—‘’

‘’Unnie you’re too naïve’’ she smiled affectionately to Jihyun. ‘’That woman have good ways to prove me wrong all time, you know when it comes to that woman he becomes blind. So blind he even gave her my mother dream to wilt in her hands’’ Hyuna let her bottle in the bedside table, her eyes welling up with tears. ‘’Aisht now even my beer taste horrible… I don’t want to drink anymore’’

‘’Hyuna…’’ Jihyun said with concern at seeing her friend so emotional.

‘’Unnie… this time he really messed up big time... he shouldn’t have done that. How could he betray her like that? How could he do this to me? He’s taking everything that I have from her away from me. Do you know what I remember from her?’’

‘’I…’’ Jihyun didn’t know what to say, from the look on Hyuna’s face she was no longer sad but she was just addressing the topic casually, so she stay silent and let her continue.

‘’It always less what I remember now. How did she looked like? Is it true I have her features? Was she kind? Happy? I don’t really know the answer to those questions. The only thing clear is the nightmares of her voice filling my mind and the red blood taking over everything’’

‘’Are you fine?’’ the older girl said worried knowing Hyuna was sensible when it come to the accident, Hyuna however smiled.

‘’I’m okay. Even if it sound depressing and sad I’m happy. Happy that at least that memory will never fully leave me, because I know I will have that forever in my mind… well that and a promise of love I made with someone’’ Hyuna said that in the end to lighten the mood, she felt a little apologetic to Jihyun for talking about all those sad issues.

‘’You mean first love right?’’ Jihyun also seemed glad that the topic had suddenly change to a much brighter one.

‘’Yeah, He said he would be with me forever and kiss my pain away…’’ Hyuna smiled at the fond memory. ‘’obviously that didn’t happened but it was the sweetest thing that had ever happen in my life’’

‘’Do you remember him Hyuna?’’ the older asked curious. She knew of Hyuna’s first boyfriend but like the topic of her mother she rarely talk about it. ‘’Not too much things. I can only remember the promise we made as clearly as water, that he had really big eyes for a guy and… that I called him Seung oppa’’

‘’After you said all that I took notice of something’’ Jihyun said surprised. ‘’What?’’

‘’Is he the reason why you kiss random guys when you feel depressed?’’ Hyuna laughed at her friend question. It was indeed true, she usually kissed her pain away with random handsome guys but just if she really liked them, to be honest she had done that just 4 times in her life.

‘’You’re right. But it had no result I didn’t felt any different after trying so I gave up… except—‘’ ‘’For the mysterious guy in the masquerade party am I right?’’ Jihyun cut in and Hyuna nodded.

‘’That person was different, he really did made me feel excited and energetic… it kind of remind me of… no, no impossible’’ she start thinking all the time she had kissed Hyunseung, they weren’t that much but it was the same heart fluttering feeling, like it were just the two of them in the world as cheesy as that sound.

 No Hyuna you’re just being biased because apparently you’ve fallen for that player, and him to be that person is just impossible. However he’s not so bad himself, he was kind and he is smart and-

‘’Hello? Earth to Kim Hyuna?’’ Jihyun nudge her repeatedly. ’’Huh? What?’’

‘’What were you daydreaming about?’’ Hyuna face flushed with her thoughts. ‘’N-no nothing…’’ she laughed awkwardly trying to avoid the topic.

‘’You know what Unnie? I feel like going to dance tonight will you accompany me?’’ Jihyun smile at her, at least she was not going to drink anymore. ‘’Why not? It’s been long since we went together to one’’

‘’Then let’s get change’’

.

.

.

The bartender passed the glass to the person in front of him, Hyunseung took the glass bringing it to his mouth sipping its contents. From the moment he knew that Hyuna was not going to be part of the trip he decided to leave and now he was here in Seoul. What was the point of staying in Jeju if his target wasn’t there?

Also from yesterday he had been troubled because of the papers he saw in her room, they were a proposal to solve a problem in a resort well known in Japan. But that was not the thing that got his attention but the fact that together with those documents there were files of private information of incomes and production of the company, information he needed to steal for his father.

In that moment he had wished Hyuna was not involved in the company affairs, so that he didn’t have to deceive her. He was confused of the things he had start feeling towards her. The sensation of liking her was distracting him from his real goal and he didn’t want that.

Reason why he was now in this bar, determined to find someone to take her thoughts away from his mind. If he find a girl his style maybe he could dance with her, then go to a hotel and maybe have with her because he really needed a distraction.

He moved his chair the sufficient to glance around the dance floor and saw a familiar blond there, swaying her hips seductively. She was giving him her back but her moves were definitely the same as the mysterious girl at the masquerade party.

Hyunseung smirk, today was going to be entertaining. He start walking towards her when some guy hold her from her waist and they start grinding their bodies in sync, the boy lowered his hand and the blonde pushed him from her and continue to dance alluringly. He couldn’t see her face good because the guy was blocking his sight but when he moved to continue dancing with the mysterious girl he got to see her face clearly.  

No way… Hyuna?

Is that Kim Hyuna?

The blonde stop the guy with a smirk putting one hand on his chest and with the other she moved her finger saying ‘’No’’ to the insistent male.

Was it really her? He needed to confirm it, so he walk faster. They made eye contact and the girl widened her eyes dramatically, she start dancing again but at the same time she start moving away from his side, her reaction making him more and more suspicious of her identity.

If that was Hyuna he would discover it now.

Hyunseung took a short cut and intercept her in the middle of her way, he stop her escape by grabbing her wrist not too strong to injure her but hard enough to cease her movement, swiftly he turn her around and kiss her in the middle of the dace floor.    

If this girl was the same from that day she will surely reciprocate the kiss, however if this girl was Hyuna, he was sure she will resist him and he would probably end with a purple eye and he didn’t mind taking the risk.

 

Hyuna tried to dance herself out of that place, she wasn’t sure but had the feeling that Hyunseung had recognized her the moment they met eyes. What was he doing here anyway? Wasn’t he supposed to be crossing the sea in an island far from here?

Gosh! She couldn’t be exposed, and worse is that the person that saw her was Jang Hyunseung, even if they had a few good chats she couldn’t just trust him her disguised.

She was nearing the end of the dance floor when she felt her body been yanked. The next thing she knew Hyunseung lips were attached to hers, it was not forceful nor demanding but by some strange reason, she couldn’t do anything.

His lips start to move taking her stillness as a good sign, she tried to push him away with all her will power but nothing happen.

Why are you betraying me like this body?

Hyuna put her hands between them but instead of shoving him far away as she had planned in her mind she was clutching him to stay there. Instead of biting his lips to injure his attempts, she was opening to give into his advances.

Hyunseung deepen the kiss and put his hand on her waist tightening his hold, Hyuna body pressed itself to his closer… always closer.

, it feels too damn good. She heard herself moan and regain a little of the conscience her brain had forgotten … this time she was in control of her body and she slapped him while panting for breath…

OMG I kissed him back again… what is seriously wrong with me? Is this the result of my feelings?

Hyunseung was holding his reddening cheek as she stood there in shock of her actions, both of them, the kiss and the hit.

‘’So it was really you Kim Hyuna…’’ Hyunseung said with a satisfied smile. Hyuna gasped and widened her eyes in fear, she had forget she was running away from him just a few minutes ago.

 Coming out of her trance she run from him to the exit of the bar, she could feel him behind her and strangely, there was no one around or in front of her to slow down her running.

‘’Hyuna wait! STOP!’’ She ignored him and continue to run forward not really focusing in the way, she then felt a strong pain in her face and the hard floor.

.

.

Hyunseung was running behind her, she was in a dead end and he would take out an explanation from her. Despite he wanting to forget her for tonight he was content that he had seen her and he would not let her escape.

Following her he then notice how empty it was here. People start retreating leaving the way free to run, he stop his jog and saw two guys fighting ahead of him and Hyuna was running straight ahead towards them. He resume his jog to catch her but it was different, this was not a game and she was about to get injured if she got between that fight.

What the hell is she doing not looking at where she’s going? Aish!

‘’Hyuna wait! STOP!’’ one of the guys threw a punch to the other one, the other one avoid the hit and instead it fell straight in Hyuna’s cheek. Hyuna fell to the ground with a loud thud, he drop beside her to check on her.

Hyuna had lost consciousness and the corner of her lips were bleeding, he felt fury burning all his body.

Those ing s are going to die. He stood up and punch the guy that had hit Hyuna in his nose making sure he had broken it. Blood was running in the other face and he had stained his hand, but that didn’t stop him to throw another blow on the male face, satisfied when he stumbled to the floor he pick up Hyuna bridal style and carry her to his car.

 He sit her and out on her seat belt, he didn’t know what to do. Should he carry her to his apartment? Or carry her to a hotel? A hospital was not an option, if the news of the Jaesun group heir getting into a fight or who knows what those reported could invent leaked out Hyuna would be in problems.

‘’I guess my house, there’s probably an aid kit there…’’ he mumbled. Hyuna start to move in her seat and winced in pain, she opened her eyes slowly and stared at him. 

‘’…W-whe..re?’’ Hyunseung smiled softly. ‘’In my car. I will give you a ride, where do you live?’’

Hyuna gave him her direction and lay in the front seat closing her eyes, he didn’t know if she had fallen asleep but it didn’t matter, he was just focused on his driving.

.

.

.

She felt the car stopping and opened her eyes to see where they were, it was a relief she had moved so that she was staring through the window because the pain in her cheek and mouth sting her every time she tried to move. Looking outside she confirm they had stop in the parking lot of her apartment complex.

‘’Hey… are you sleeping?’’ Hyunseung whispered beside of her as if to not disturb her if that was the case. If it weren’t to hurt her she would have smile at his carefulness.

‘’Ani…’’ she turn to face him and let go of her safety band. ‘’…I’ll leave now’’ Hyuna end the conversation and opened the car door.

She start to walk away when she hear a door been closed, she didn’t want to look back because she knew that he had followed her. She enter the elevator with Hyunseung and both stay in a comfortable silence. Maybe he was feeling responsible that that guy had hit her… or maybe he was concern that she was going to faint in the middle of the way, she wasn’t sure what was his reason but it didn’t matter to her. Having Hyunseung close in this moment was giving her a strange sense of protection… and she like it… it made her forget the things that had happen today.

She arrive to the destination and walk the corridors to her place, she search in her bag and find without problem her keys.

‘’Have I said before… that you’re a creepy stalker?’’ she tried to smile but end up wincing in pain from the bust lip. ‘’You shouldn’t speak if it hurts so much, idiot’’ she rolled her eyes and opened her door, there was something she really needed to say to him though so she ignore her hurting injury.

‘’Thank you’’ Hyuna looked at him trying to express everything with her eyes, her heart beating faster just by looking at him.

I guess I had really fall for him. This was so messed up, just 3 days ago she was hating him with all her might, but look at her now.  

‘’Bye’’ she said sighing and was closing the door until a hand stop the door from continue its journey and Hyunseung entered her place. ‘’You’re welcome, but you will not get rid of me that easily’’

‘’What are you doing?’’ Hyuna said flabbergasted at watching Hyunseung walking in her house as if it was his. She followed him around and tried to stop him when he entered her room glancing around.

‘’Do you have a medicine Kit?’’

‘’Huh?’’ she hadn’t registered what he had said by being to shock with the shameless guy in front of her. When Hyunseung was about to open the cabinet where she had her underwear she snap out of it holding his hand in place glaring at him to back off.

‘’What? I’m doing you a favor here you know? It’s better to clean those wounds of yours, they’re getting pretty nasty…’’ Hyunseung let go of the cabinet and touched her now purple cheek lightly with his fingertips. Hyuna flinched at his touch and Hyunseung grabbed her shoulders until she was sitting in her bed.

‘’So where is it?’’ Hyuna sighed in defeat, she was really not getting rid of him right? ‘’In the bathroom… there’s a cabinet…’’

‘’Ok no need to talk more, stay there’’ Hyuna sighed once more. He doesn’t even know where the bathroom stays. Bored she took off her high heels and wig, now that Hyunseung knew it was her she didn’t see the point on having those articles on, and she was more comfortable. Hyuna let go some pins from her hair and brushed it with her fingers to smooth in down.

 

Not long after, Hyunseung came back and sit in the bed facing her, he had opened the box and had all the materials on the bed displayed. He took a piece of cotton and dab it in the oxide color liquid.

‘’This may hurt you a bit’’ Hyuna nodded her head signaling that she was ready. Hyunseung removed a strand of ebony hair that had fallen in the purple cheek behind her ear and aply the medicine in the small gash that was in the center of the injury. Hyuna closed her eyes and tried her best not to make any uncomfortable sound, then she felt a sticking sensation, must be the band aid. Again Hyunseung dip the cotton in more of the substance and proceeded to clean the wound in her lips.

‘’You should be more careful Hyuna’’ Hyunseung said in a low tone but loud enough for her to hear clearly. She opened her eyes watching how concentrated he was cleaning her wound, it was so delicate and soft, he even look worried of her, that’s when she notice how close they were, so close she thought she could count his eyelashes.

She continue to look at him with a blush adorning her face, Hyunseung had really pretty eyes, her gaze continue to travel until it fell on his lips… embarrassed she look up again just to find his also staring at her.

They stay like that for a while just appreciating each other intensely, Hynunseung lifted his hand caressing the side of her cheek that was not injured, the touch was tender as if she may break in any minute, Hyuna place her hand on top of his and slowly they start to get closer. She closed her eyes expecting what was about to happen but instead she felt a light peck on each of her wounds.

Hyuna opened her eyes confused with Hyunseung actions, it must have been easy to read on her face because he explain his self.

‘’So it heals faster’’ Hyuna heartbeat increased with those words, she felt her face heating up and was sure it was very red, Hyunseung smiled and pat her head. ‘’I’m going now… take care of those’’

‘’Yeah’’ Hyuna agreed and let go of his hand, he stood up and went to the exit door.

He really did memorize my house hasn’t he? Coming in and out as he please…

‘’Oh! Hyuna!’’ she heard him yelled from afar.

‘’y-yes?!’’

‘’I already decided my wish! I’ll send you the information to your phone!’’ Hyuna stood up to talk to him personally and not by yelling but when she got there he was already gone. Then she remembered something and stop in her tracks.

Did he just say phone? When did he get my phone number?!

Wait!!!

Does this mean it’s a… date?




Hello dear readers kkkk How was it? I can’t believe it took this long to write 3 scenes but I hope you enjoyed it ^^

By the way THANKS for answering my questions before you’re really lovely.

See you and love you all xD