Drown and Drunk Part III

Love and Lies

Thanks for subscribing and reading this story, enjoy~~



 

Hyuna woke up slowly, the lighting of the room disturbing her as her eyes adjust to her surroundings. Tired she closed them again to recover some energy and think why she was so drained. felt hoarse and breathing sting her a little, it felt worse than the first time her buds taste discover the flavor of alcohol, thinking harder she start remembering her falling into the cold deep water. She opened her eyes again and this time she could focus on where she was, apparently this was her hotel room.

‘’Oh God, Unnie you woke up. Are you ok? Is something hurting you? Oh right water… water’’ Sohyun blabbered with concern etch in her eyes and ran to a table to give her two bottles of mineral water. Hyuna welcomed the bottle and drank slowly, a nice sensation in as the clean water filled her.

 ‘’Jang Hyunseung said you should drink a lot for a fast recovery and to rest lots’’ the statement made Hyuna turned her attention from her thirst to Sohyun confused. ‘’What do you mean with Jang Hyunseung?’’

‘’Hyunseung-ssi was the one who saved you… we were all playing and then we saw how he had taken you out of the water. Because I knew you couldn’t swim I ran to him and saw how he applied first aid to you, I was so scared I should have gone with you… I’m so sorry…’’ she said with between sobs.

‘’…After a while you start to breath and Hyunseung-ssi brought you here to this room… he said you should drink a lot of water and rest… How are you feeling?’’ Hyuna smiled at the younger girl reassuringly. ‘’I’m feeling fine, a little sore but fine. Did I slept a lot?’’ Sohyun nodded her head.

‘’An hour more or less. I’ll tell everyone you’re fine, we haven’t said this to anyone else but if you feel something tell me and I will accompany you to talk to Ms. Jung’’

She really didn’t feel like having unwanted attention so she was glad they had keep this event a secret from the others, the only thing she couldn’t take away from her mind was the fact that Hyunseung had help her out the moment she had needed the most. Because of him, she was now breathing and alive and she owned him at least her gratitude.

‘’It’s ok, I feel good….’’ Hyuna hesitated a moment but continue what had been plaguing her to ask. ‘’Sohyunie, do you know where Jang Hyunseung is? I think I should be the one telling him I’m better………….’’

‘’………….and to say thanks’’ she said while averting her eyes from Sohyun and fumbling with her shirt. Sohyun contained her smile at seeing Hyuna acting so cute. Normally people thought she was all cold and y because she was reserved with strangers and had a rather sharp tongue when she was displeased with something or someone, but she sincerely wondered who was the older between the two.

She didn’t know what was going on with her Unnie and Hyunseung but it was clear those two didn’t dislike each other that much, if not why would they find any excuse to bicker? She knew Hyuna from ages and she was the type that only talked with unwanted people only on necessary terms and normally not even that, the only exception so far had been her stepmother but she really didn’t have a choice and then there was Hyunseung.

‘’I saw him in the balcony… remember where it is?’’ Hyuna nodded twice at that moment the youngest received a text message. ‘’What is it?’’

‘’Our friends say we should meet up tonight at the Hotel private club, the girls are coming too….’’

‘’Tell them we’ll go’’

‘’But you have to rest—‘’

‘’I don’t want to worry them and I already said I was perfectly well’’

 ‘’I am going to tell the others then and about you being fine’’ Hyuna agreed and stood up from the bed.

‘’Sohyun-ah, Should I invite Hyunseung with us? I mean………. As a thank you?’’ Hyuna cheeks warm as Sohyun peeked through the door she had just exit after hearing her last words.

‘’That would be great’’

.

.

.

Hyunseung was standing in the public balcony of the 4th floor, this place was usually empty as people preferred to be out in the beach or pools, he by the other hand prefer the solitude and peace this place offered him, and only he knew how much he needed both right now.

It had been almost an hour since Kim Hyuna had drowned in the water and he didn’t knew anything of her development yet. He was so stressed over the topic, he had been so frightened and still is, the image of a fragile lifeless Hyuna in his arms replying in his mind endlessly.

‘How could someone be so clumsy? If she didn’t know how to swim why the hell did she got so close without safety? Aish!’ his concern turning to rage for the little self-awareness the girl had.

A cough interrupt him, he turned to see the person that obviously was requiring his attention and the surprise made him widen his eyes. The girl in front of him had as always an air of arrogance around her but this time more than natural it felt like she was just displaying it on purpose to look strong.

‘’Aren’t you supposed to be resting Kim Hyuna?’’ he asked indifferent though he was really curious, she flinch and close her eyes like trying to held herself back from one of her nasty and smart retorts.

‘Must be because she already knows I saved her’ and that moment he got to a conclusion, more than a conclusion it was a fact, a reality.

Kim Hyuna is cute. Her being mad and feisty is unexpectedly cute. He can’t stop teasing her because of that fact. He probably is just a jerk to her because of that, he probably like her and that was a problem.

No. That was a lie.

‘The thing is I really DO like her…’ he wasn’t sure if it was in the romantic sense and he honestly don’t hope it is, that would be a BIG problem and the worst that could happen because he wouldn’t stop anymore now that he knew he had probably won an ounce of her trust.

.

.

.

His response was so uninterested, it was like he didn’t mean to do what he did for me, like he didn’t care and it was maddening. She closed her eyes to focus in the thing she had come for, to invite him to hang out with them tonight and to… thank him… yes that!

‘’I’m joking Kim Hyuna, you’re just too cute to resist when angry. Did you drink water as I recommend? It is the best you can do for what happened to you’’ Hyuna couldn’t repress the blush that covered her face with his words.

Did he really meant that or it was just his flirty self? This was the first time that he made a compliment of her and he kind of like it.

‘’So?’’ Hyuna jump a little startled by his voice. ‘’Ummm… yeah I did’’

‘’You shouldn’t have gone out there without anyone, if it wasn’t because I was following you, there would be no more Hyuna’’ Hyunseung reclined in the railing looking at the afternoon sun. ‘’So you finally accept your creepy stalker self?’’  Hyunseung chuckled at her comment.

‘’Maybe’’ Hyuna relaxed, it was like there was never any argument between her and him. She didn’t know if it was because they had not start in the right path or because she was too much in defense to know him good or just because he had saved her but he was nicer than she had thought.

‘’This is the first time we’ve talk properly, did you set a prank on me?’’ she said joking. ‘’I’m too tired from all that swimming with a 70 kg of weight in the water and the double of that carrying all around the hotel to fight with you’’

‘’Yah! I’m not even that close to weight all that and in the water you don’t even feel weight skinny boy’’ she pouted at him but then recover herself at seeing his reaction to her sudden outburst.

‘’You’re a funny girl Kim Hyuna’’ Hyuna looked away, she didn’t need any more compliments. ‘’But I’m sure you came to say something else to me’’ Hyuna remembered and then walk to his side a little far from him.

‘’Some of my friends had decide to hang out tonight at the hotel private club. Would you like to join us?’’

‘’Sure why not?’’ Hyuna feel a smile tugged at her lips at his confirmation. ‘’We’ll see later then Jang Hyunseung’’ she said and ran away.

Hyunseung focused his eyes on the now setting sun and sighed, she felt comfortable with him and by the blush in her face she may like him or at least find him attractive and that was definitely on his favor. He had to admit though that talking to her just now wasn’t that bad and that he may have exaggerate whit his first impression of her because she was nice and fun to be with, it was so easy to just talk with her just now he wouldn’t think he would say this but he like it.

Loud footsteps could be hear in the corridor and coming towards his direction, he glance at Hyuna running towards him panting hard. Wasn’t she supposed to be resting? 

‘’Hey Hyuna you should—‘’ ‘’I forgot!’’ she cut him dry in his words.

‘’I… that… t-thank you’’ she said stuttering with her hands on her knees taking big gulps of air. ‘’Ok?’’ he said unsure because of her outburst, Hyuna stood up straight and said with a shy smile. ‘’Thank you for saving me, I really mean it’’

‘’You’re welcome’’ he smile at her seeing her little one in her face. ‘’I owe you one, but just one so make a good use of it’’

‘’So I can ask for anything?’’ Hyuna frowned deeply. ‘’Of course you can’t ask anything, but if it’s in my reach I will try to’’

‘’I’ll have it in mind then’’ She turned her back to him and was about to go.

‘’It starts at 10, don’t forget’’

.

.

.

The blasting music could be heard even from outside of the hotel club, the place was located in a building adjacent from the hotel and looking directly to the ocean. It was 10:17 so he guessed everyone had already gathered inside of the place, he trespassed the open doors walking directly to the bar. Hyunseung take out his phone to text his roommate who had left before him to attend the party.

After just a few seconds and a beep of his phone he read the reply that said they had ordered a private cubicle in the far south of the place. He search and soon found them, the cubicles were wide and easily 20 or more people could fit in, it had black windows that from the inside permit the person inside to see what was going on in the dance floor but from the outside, it was impossible to glance or spy at whoever was inside. At entering he saw all of them in a comfortable position and talking nonstop.

‘’Hey Hyunseung we thought you would never come, 5 more minutes and we would have start the fun without you buddy’’ by the corner of his eyes he saw Hyuna glancing at him and decide to sit opposite of her to see her face clearly. ‘’So what are the plans?’’

‘’Well I order this for us so we won’t run out of it and more importantly…. we’ll play with it’’ said Yoseob showing a can full of bottles of soju. ‘’So who will start?’’

This was such a bad idea… and it really was.

 

At first everyone accept just a cup of the alcoholic beverage, we dance a bit and eventually came back to the private space that belong to us. All in all he had no true chance to have another conversation with Hyuna and get to know her more because she was always with someone and he didn’t want to drag her out of her conversation to scare her giving her the idea that he was trying to get under her pants. So he stayed a distance away from her and watch her from time to time.

And now after nearly 2 hours of dancing Yoseob convince all of them to agree playing the game he had brought for them and so they did.

The game was very simple. Someone spin a bottle of soju, of course that bottle would be emptied by all of them so that the game became more ‘sincere’  the loser got to choose a truth or a dare and if he didn’t complied there would be punishment. The punishment was to drink 3 cups of soju straight down, really a stupid penalty but dangerous if the person had a low tolerance to alcohol.

All this while it had gone smooth and he had not been picked yet, Hyuna by the other hand had choose dare. She had to go to the dance floor and made someone give her his or her shirt. The girl bravely walk past them towards the dancing bodies and pull the first person towards the bathroom seductively.

An uneasy feeling crept in him at seeing her disappearing behind the close doors and decided to go after her, however as fast as she came in she exit with the shirt in her hand waving at them like it was the easiest thing to do. The uneasy feeling had long gone when she came back smirking widely at all of them.

‘’How did you manage to take that boy’s clothes so fast?’’ someone ask her impressed by her success. ‘’Easy. I bought his short and he willing took it off’’

‘’Hey! That’s cheating’’ Hyuna shrugged and gave him a glance. ‘It’s my turn to spin’’ Hyuna grab the bottle and spin it with all her might, with the intense look she was giving him he was sure she wanted for him to be the choose one, but unfortunately for her it didn’t happened landing instead in Nam Jihyun.

The bottle continued to spin and finally it was his turn, Hyunseung really didn’t want to be put in an embarrassing situation and drink more than necessary, after all someone had to stay sober in case all this kids got drunk.

‘’I choose truth, what do you wanna know?’’ the person who had turned the bottle was Changseob, the boy whispered something with Sohyun beside him and formulate his question. ‘’It is well known that you’re a player and very popular person in our faculty’’

‘’Just get to the point’’ he said impatient at the long introduction, the boy coughed awkwardly and continue. ‘’Was there a person you had dated seriously, like really liked? Or were you always a player?’’ Hyunseung glanced at the bottle of soju pondering if he should really answer that. He glance then at Hyuna and noticed the concentration she had on him, somehow he felt like he wanted her to hear this side of him.

‘’I did, twice. My first love was beautiful, she was perfect but because of something, we couldn’t see each other again, I don’t remember her name but I hope to find her someday’’ he end that part with a fond smile and soon it turned bitter remembering what he had yet to say. ‘’The second   was a girl older than me, we had very much in common… probably. This girl was amazing, and I even considered eloping with her… however the day we had to go she send me a text saying she was sorry and hoped I found someone better than her… Just few days after I found out she was paid a great amount of money to leave me by my father... I guess the old man didn’t want me to go from Korea… and that’s it’’

Everyone in the room seem shocked by the story, he took a glass of soju and gulp it down together with the bad feeling of remembering those days.

‘’Wow that’s deep…’’ one of the girls said still with widened eyes, he scanned the room to see Hyuna’s reaction but the girl had her head low making it hard to know what she was feeling or thinking. Then Hyuna took her glass and pour some alcohol in it gulping swiftly, after that one another and finally a third one, was she that affected by what I had said? Or was she just thirsty? He really didn’t know.

.

.

.

Hyuna by the other hand was fuming, unexpectedly everything Hyunseung had said had made a great impact in her. When he had talked about his first love it reminded her so much of him… she start to feel a pleasant and fuzzy sensation in her stomach, like it was her thinking about her own childhood love, however the moment he start to talk about the other woman, a feeling she had never experience before start crawling inside of her body. The way he said everything like he didn’t care gave her the impression that in reality it had hurt him very much and it made her feel impotent about it.

 Why did she care so much? With those thoughts she drank a cup of soju… and who the hell was that stupid girl who dare dump Hyunseung? She took another two glasses and emptied it. Rage was starting to form in her… what was happening with her seriously? She had never cared this much for anyone else before… lifting her eyes she glanced at Hyunseung as the rest continued to play the bottle game, her heart clench in a painful way but it didn’t really hurt, it was just like it had stop for a moment, like it had skip a beat… Oh my… God! Please don’t tell me… Omg, omg, omg, OMG!!!!

Was she.... was she…. Falling for him?

Was she falling in love with Jang Hyunseung?

Again she poured another amount gulping it fast…

 

 

.

.

.

A phone ringing interrupted his concentration in the file before him, he saw the caller ID and answer without hesitation.

 ‘’How is it going?’’ the voice on the other end asked desperate, he could already imagine the said person fidgeting with the fingers in their hands.

‘’Relax would you? I told you everything was going to work out soon’’ he said calmly while he stood up to serve himself a glass of scotch.

‘’How do you expect me to relax? It’s been a long and I can’t keep delaying this more…’’

‘’Just continue doing as I said. Did it work there?’’ he said as he sip the beverage. ‘’Yeah… it was a success, soon the news will reach her ears’’ he hummed in understanding and was to hung up when the other person continued.

‘’How can you be so calm? They haven’t even progress that much, and with the reunion of tomorrow she will be too busy to take care of her love life… you know we can’t risk it…’’

‘’Don’t mind that everything will fall accord to our plans. If you want to know the answer it is really a simple one…’’ he sat down after finishing the scotch he had served. ‘’Those fools still love each other… and if something come out wrong which I don’t think so… we only have to make them realize who they really are for each other. Now I don’t want you to call me for such petty things again, are we clear?’’

‘’Yes’’

 




Hi~

I'm kind of ashamed to post after so long kkkk I’m sorry and I’m not sorry that I took this long, because i change the original idea of the next 2 chapters i had to rewrite everything... However after like writing 4 times i'm satisfied with this result.

(In the original they fought each other a lot more for about 3 chapters~ but i really wanted to start with the 2hyun fluff without making it too rush because i notice they can't keep denying for so long... i mean it is so damn obvious the story will sound repetitive if i write 3 chapters in denial)

I don’t know when I’ll update again because I still have to do some changes in the main idea meaning the current ideas for all the following chapters will be remade. (That means i will be back to a weekly update probably)

Thanks for your wait and for liking this story, for the views, comments, up votes, subscribes, everything.

Bye~