Her Reaction

Love and Lies

Hey guys, i'm here again. Thanks for all subscribers and readers.

Enjoy ^^



 

Waking up was becoming one of her favorite things in the world, she decide as she lifted her head to face her boyfriend. She stare at his features and felt the steady rise and fall of his chest, she wanted to stay a bit more in bed but she had to leave early so that she could settle back in her house and company.

Hyunseung was so deep in sleep, he didn’t stir much when she untangled herself from his embrace. She sat at the end of the bed and glance once more at her lover before searching with her eyes for something else, she was sure it had been around here, and as expect it was. Hyuna grab her underwear and put it on followed by Hyunseung’s shirt that was nearer. She would take a bath anyway, at least she was not walking around so it will do.  

She was about to leave the bed when arms wrap around her middle section startling her, she could feel his head pressing in her lower back.

‘’Where are you going?’’ Hyunseung said groggy in sleep. ‘’I’m going to the hospital and also have to go to the company soon’’ the arms let go of her and she heard the rustling of sheets, Hyuna turn to see Hyunseung fully wake up laying on his back and staring at her.

‘’Nothing will change your mind?’’ she shake her head laughing a bit. Hyunseung groaned in protest. ‘’Ok then…’’

‘’I’ll take a bath, you can continue sleeping’’ she said after leaning to peck his lips. ‘’No, I think I’ll make some breakfast’’

Hyuna whispered a small thank you and start walking to the bathroom until Hyunseung voice stop her. ‘’By the way, you should use more of my shirts, they look y on you’’

‘’Shut up ert’’

 

***

 

Hyuna had wanted to go to her home first but seeing that she had an incredible amount of lost calls from Park Soojin she think it was better to meet her up and discuss the things about her company and then after go back home to search for some of her father documents and belongings.

She was relieve though knowing that time was on her side, she got to see her father in the hospital, he had no change but at least he wasn’t worst. If things went smoothly with that woman then she would be on time to eat late dinner with Hyunseung.

She wanted to be on time because he had told her he needed to say something important to her, and apparently, it was very serious because his demeanor had change the moment he brought the topic up, she wondered what kind of thing it was that he changed so drastically.

Hyuna shakes her head, for now the best was arriving to the company fast, then depending of the time she could go home and start revising the data about the company or meet Hyunseung first.

She send a text message to Park Soojin so they could meet the soon after her arrival and she was answered with her approval.

 

It had taken her almost 20 minutes with the traffic to arrive at her destination, she paid the car fee and walk inside the large building. Unexpectedly the woman was waiting for her at the entrance and her to her office in the top floor.

‘’I didn’t think you would receive me personally, I guess what you wanted to tell me is really important’’ Hyuna and Soojin both sit facing each other.

‘’It really is. But first of all… How have you been?’’ the tone in her voice was normal, it was not sickenly sweet and that somehow made her felt uneasy.  ‘’I don’t think we need formalities. The only reason I came here is because I am willing to take responsibility of Jaesun Group for now on’’

‘’I understand… ’’ Soojin said seriously, she was glad this had been easy. ‘’But…’’ or not.

‘’But?’’ Hyuna asked, there was no way this woman could even pretend to leave her out of her rights.

‘’I can’t entirely permit that Hyuna-ya. I know you are the CEO daughter, but the management of this place is in my hands until he recovers, for now though you will be assigned a job according to your abilities. I was thinking the best would be as the director of the Resort Project. You wanted it so bad before so I’ll give it to you, however all decisions will be under my name’’

‘’I won’t do that kind of job, this is my father’s company and I am more than capable of the management. I came back and will be in front of the business as his daughter and of what is rightfully mine, and even if it’s about experience we both know I have more than you will ever have. And this is stupid… why do I have to discuss this with you? I will summon a meeting with the board members and have this issue clarified’’

Hyuna said firmly and stood up. She wouldn’t let this woman manhandle her at her convenience and she would definitely not left her father work blindly to a person she didn’t trust.

‘’I don’t think so darling’’ even though she had been very clear Soojin appeared calm to everything leaving her confused.

‘’What do you mean with that? This is mine! I have the responsibility to—‘’ ‘’—You have nothing Hyuna-ya, the moment you walked away with that boy, your father left everything in my hands until I see convenient, even if you uphold a meeting with the board members I will be in charge. You’re fortunate I’m willing to let you work here’’

‘’You have to be kidding, my father would never approve of this!’’ the woman smiled wickedly.

‘’Am I really? How can your father and I trust you when you’re hanging out with the Jang heir? He is our enemy our competitor and is the same one you had been having an affair with. If you were willing to give your back to your father for that spy how am I sure you won’t abandon this too?’’

‘’That’s lies! How could you say something like that?’’ She slam the desk with her fists. ‘’And don’t dare speak about him, you know nothing!’’ She will not stand and hear how she insult Hyunseung, he was not someone capable of things so low, he would never use her like that.

‘’Oh but I know… ‘’ Soojin open her desk cabinet and took out some files throwing it in front of her rudely.

‘’What is this?’’ she asked holding the folder in her hands. ‘’I’ve made a little investigation, it’s proof that the boy has been in contact with one of our employees, in her bank account there some transactions, also it was found that he had been following you closely and even information of the last project was leaked’’

‘’That’s impossible, if you’re not saying anything worthy I’m leaving’’ Hyuna didn’t want to believe her and much less when all the time they had been together, she would’ve notice if anything was amiss.

‘’Think whatever you want, but remember I was the first to open your eyes. Also know that I am not willing to change any of my decisions if you don’t leave that boy, and please carry those with you, you should at least know the papers I will present to the board members if you decide to call a meeting’’

‘’I’m leaving’’ she said leaving the place with her head held high.

The moment she was out of the place, she dialed her driver that was waiting for her in the parking lot, as he appeared she went it and instruct him to ride to anywhere, until she decide another destination.

She hold the folder in her hands and took a deep breath before opening it, she didn’t want to see but she had to make sure about everything.

‘’Are you fine Agassi?’’ the driver said with concern. ‘’Ah… ne… don’t worry Mr. Oh, please keep driving and… don’t mind me if you see something strange’’

‘’As you order Miss’’ the driver focus on the road and she in the information in her hands, she read it thoroughly not leaving any detail out, there were photos of her in various places and there was also Hyunseung in all of them, there were so much it couldn’t be causality.

There was also information of his studies that indicate he didn’t need to study in her college, as Soojin had said there were also some bank transactions in his name to a man that was leaking information to the competition, this been Jang’s company. But more importantly there was proof that the info of all the paperwork she had carried to Jeju had been shared, and she remembers Hyunseung had been in her room… ‘’

It couldn’t be, right?

He was not using her all this time… he was sincere and all was a misunderstanding… Of course, that had to be…

Through the rear view mirror, the driver saw the silent tears fall down Hyuna’s face, her face expressionless but her eyes giving away an immense sadness.

Hyuna took her phone out dialing the now familiar number.

‘’Where are you…? Wait there, I’ll arrive soon…’’ the line stayed silent for a second that felt like eternity until she spoke again.

‘’Hyunseung… you love me right?’’ there was affirmation on the other line but why couldn’t she trust it completely? LIAR was all her mind whispered.

‘’See you soon’’ she hang up and lift her face to the driver backseat.

‘’Mr. Oh, whe’re going to the beach’’

  .

(Time Skip)

.

The car stop at the exact a few meters away from the location she had to meet Hyunseung, she needed time to prepare herself.

‘’Thank you Mr. Oh, I don’t think I’ll take that much time so wait for me here’’ the older nodded with a firm ‘yes Miss’ and that was all she needed to get out of the car and start walking.

She heard the engine of the car starting meaning his Mr. Oh would leave to the parking lot, when she made sure he was gone she walked back to a seclude area and took a deep breath exhaling with force.

Hyuna felt the tears pooling in her eyes again and she wiped them before they fell, she had to calm down, she didn’t want to give herself away, whatever the truth was she had to be strong.

But what truth? Wasn’t all clear already?

But Hyunseung had said he didn’t have a good relationship with his father and that he was not working for him… and… even if he was, he wouldn’t be so miserable to use her feelings for his benefit, he was nice and kind.

However, in the other hand she knew all those where excuses she was building to protect the image she had of him and her own feelings.

Hyuna gather her courage back and cover all the inner turmoil in a fence of indifference and coldness, just like the old Hyuna. The one that was too confident and untrusting, the one that never got hurt.

 

***

 

He was waiting for her anxiously, he have been standing here since he arrive and couldn’t help but feel smothered by his thoughts. The moment he saw her he would say the truth, no more avoiding the situation, he will say everything and then if he deserve her she would understand.  

‘’How are you?’’ he heard her voice and turn around to face her. Something was amiss, he could sense it and that smile, it was fake, he frowned worriedly at hearing her voice that had become like the first time he knew her. Confident, Strong and Obnoxious.

‘’That was a silly question. Now that you finally have what you wanted you must be at your best’’ His face faltered but he recover fast and put on his cold façade back. So she knows.

What was he to say now? Should he try to explain his side of the story? But he couldn’t… if she knows what’s going on and had obviously not forgiven him then he doubt she would want to hear his excuses.

However despite everything he still loves her and is perfectly aware of how much she loves him, and he know it must had hurt her at least as much as he is hurting now. So for her sake he prefer her to loath him and that she leave him being strong just like she’s being now, somehow he will find a way to protect her from his father in his own way, from the shadows.

If the outcome had come to this he will only strengthen her armor a bit more so that he could be more confident in leaving her alone. 

 ‘’You’re right’’ he smirked. ‘’Thank you for making it so easy for me’’ Hyuna looked at him with pure hurt and betrayal.

‘’Why didn’t you lied Hyunseung?’’ her tears fell in her pained eyes braking his heart. ‘’ If you had said it was a lie. I would have fooled myself to you’’ she pleaded him. ‘’All this time together… was it really all planned?’’

Why? Why was she doing this? He didn’t deserve her. He wanted her to hate him. To loath him with all her might but instead she was… trying to forgive him or was he misinterpreting things?

He shouldn’t fool himself, it was just her being hurt talking that’s why she was breaking in front of him. 

‘’That’s why you were played on’’ he laughed. He felt like dying with every word that left his mouth that moment. ‘’You were my greatest challenge Ice queen Kim Hyuna though I never thought you’ll be that stupid to fall so fast for me. But well, I still like your body the best you can always call me’’ He felt the stinging pain in his right cheek and laughed sincerely. 

‘’I hate you’’ he heard her said before she left. That’s right Hyuna, that’s what you should feel. I will always love you, so please hate me with all you got and never forgive me.

I will find a way so that you be safe so please wait.

For now, I need to know if some of this pain was worth it and find answers for you and me.

 

 




Wow, that was intense to write… and stressful like hell because the story had slightly changes from the original idea I had to enhance the beach scene so it fit the current situation and gosh! I bang my head twice hahahaha

I hope you had understand why Hyunseung is being stupid, the good thing is that he will try to save Hyuna from his evil grandmother and even more evil father-in-law *^*

Ok so good news is… I’m officially back. Meaning I’ll try my best to update regularly.

This story is finally so near to end, I’d say less than 10 chapters. So I’ll try to post and write as fast as i can.

I’m sorry I didn’t respond to your comments in time, however I’m really grateful for all of them, continue to love this lots and lots <33333

Bye~