...

Bloody Love

Baekhyun makes a weird face of dislike as he shifts uncomfortably in between the two giants as they have him trapped on a bench. He's slowly inching away from Chanyeol mostly, and Sehun doesn't notice. Sehun just thinks the bench is somehow shrinking.

Chanyeol noticed this and he sighs inwardly. Just what had he done to make Baekhyun avoid him so much? 

Sehun coughs as he nudges Baekhyun over so he doesn't end up pushed off the bench but Baekhyun barely budges. Baekhyun is oblivious to Sehun's rigid body and Chanyeol's awkward position, all he cares about is he has to stay as far away from Chanyeol as possible.

"W-What do you guys need to talk to me about?" Baekhyun asks as his voice cracks slightly. His throat was getting itchy so he had to get everything over with quickly.

"Remember when Sehun was passed out? Well, I think you know who did it to him." Chanyeol says, his gaze looking quite intense to Baekhyun. Baekhyun can't stand staring at those dark colored eyes for very long, and looks away while gulping. "It's Luhan isn't it?"

"I-I h-have to go." Baekhyun tries to run away but Sehun's got a good grip on his arm. Ugh. He might as well be handcuffed to them for goodness sakes.

"Where is Luhan? I just want to meet him." Sehun explains. Baekhyun slowly wonders if he should just beat the crap out of them now and leave them on the park bench but he somehow resists doing that. Baekhyun sighs and begins to feel the obnoxious itching in his stomach. He looks at Chanyeol once, and feels his blood boil uncontrollably.

"He- He's at home. He's not well. You can't go." Baekhyun looks back at Sehun. "Just what did you do to make him do that to you?" Baekhyun asks. Sehun stares at Baekhyun in disbelief.

"What? What I did to him? He ually harassed me!" Sehun says harshly. Baekhyun barely notices a few eyes look their way. Sehun blushes and runs a hand through his pink hair in attempt to hide behind his disheveled locks. Baekhyun remembers the light pink mark on Sehun's neck (which was covered by his uniform collar at the moment) and thinks for awhile.

Disobeying the thirst....

Baekhyun remembers the first time he resisted the thirst. It was a mind shattering event. Resisting was like having your head split open and your heart being stabbed while being set on fire all at once. Maybe that was why Luhan screamed for his help when Baekhyun found Sehun. Baekhyun hadn't asked his cousin what happened and now he was slowly piecing it together.

"I really have to go!" Baekhyun suddenly says as he jumps from his spot and manages to escape Sehun's surprised fingers. Just as Baekhyun turns he feels someone grap his wrist, and he feels that tingly sensation make its way through his body. He flinches and yanks his arm right away. Chanyeol, who grabbed him, was shocked that he had been forcibly pushed away, stared at Baekhyun with such sad eyes that Baekhyun felt his stomach flop.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I have to go." Baekhyun said quietly. 

Chanyeol watched sadly as the silver haired male ran away.

~~~

Sehun really couldn't believe what just happened. Baekhyun had just ran away from them. Sehun turns to Chanyeol, who was still frozen on the spot like he's just let go the love of his life, and wonders if he chose the wrong person to catch Baekhyun with.

"Chanyeol? Is there something going with you and Baekhyun?" Sehun dares himself to ask. Chanyeol looks at him and shakes his head.

"I'm new here! I just want to be friends with him! I don't know why he keeps avoiding me every single time I'm nearby." Chanyeol pouts and slumps on the bench, running both hands through his messy hair. Sehun simply thinks that's rude but Baekhyun must have a reason to feel that way right? Chanyeol didn't seem like the type to offend anybody or even say or do anything bad for that matter. The guy was like a hyper puppy that could do no wrong. 

A sudden thought went to Sehun's head.

"Chanyeol, why don't we run after him?" 

~~~

Baekhyun had to get home as soon as possible to ask Luhan what exactly  happened between him and Sehun. Luhan didn't like drinking from humans, it was against vampire law. Unless...

Baekhyun ran as fast as he could. He could feel his heart pounding, not from running but from when Chanyeol had grabbed him. His wrist felt like it was on fire with just that little touch.

Baekhyun shook away his thoughts of Chanyeol before he gets extremely thirsty again. Baekhyun stumbles to the front door and manages to open the door without dropping his keys. He throws open the door and shuts the tightly and forgets to lock it.

Baekhyun stomps up the stairs and barges right through Luhan's door to see the blonde vampire throwing on a shirt quickly.

"Baekhyun! Don't you know how to knock!?" Luhan hisses at Baekhyun. Baekhyun scoffs and plops down on Luhan's bed.

"Have you forgotten we used shower together? I've seen everything already."

Luhan clicks his tongue in annoyance. "Why aren't you in class? I'm feeling better now. So I think I'm gonna go to at least one class." Luhan explains, while fixing his hair.

"You can't. Sehun's looking for you." Baekhyun says bluntly. With the mention of his name, Luhan chokes on thin air and trips on the floor board. Baekhyun watches intently in amusement, but he remembers he's like that too.

"W-Wait, w-what?" Luhan stutters, picking himself off the ground. Luhan had been hoping he hit Sehun hard enough that he forgot the while situation. Guess it wasn't enough that there was dent in the wall where he pushed Sehun. 

The kid probably had a really thick skull.

Luhan paces back and forth in front of Baekhyun, worrying. He mumbles a lot but Baekhyun can't seem to catch it. 

How was Luhan going to face the pink haired human? He can't simply go up to him and say 'Hey sorry I tried to bite you and ran you through a wall. Please forgive me.' 

Luhan groans and kneels down on the ground, hoping it was just open up and swallow him. Maybe bring him to the very pit of hell. Or should he really run away and change his name?

Baekhyun watches Luhan quietly as the blonde seems to have lost his soul right there on the ground. Baekhyun wonders if that will happen to him next.

"Just what exactly happened between you?" Baekhyun asked. Luhan doesn't seem to hear so Baekhyun looks blankly at his cousin until he hears the front door open. He thinks it's Kyungsoo or maybe Jongin so he dashes out to check. 

He thinks he's stupid that he doesn't even realize the human stench until he actually sees the humans at the front door. Baekhyun's breathing stops abruptly and his mouth drops open.

" Oh crap." He breathes out, as he sees Oh Sehun and Park Chanyeol standing there staring at him.

~~~

Luhan is confused when Baekhyun dashes right back in his room just a second after he just dashed out. Luhan sniffs and his body feels overwhelmed when he smells in the human scent. One that makes his blood boil and the other unfamiliar. Luhan glares at  Baekhyun as he feels his blood rushing to his head.

" Baekhyun! You brought him here!?" Luhan hisses quietly to the other vampire. Baekhyun shakes his head vigorously and Luhan sees a glimpse of fear in his eyes. Luhan gulps because that's exactly how he feels as well.

"Baekhyun? Luhan?" They hear, and Luhan can visibly see Baekhyun flinch at the deep voice. The footsteps near Luhan's door, and Luhan feels a cold sweat as he clicks the door to lock it. It was very little protection but Luhan felt a little safer. Just a little. 

"Okay, you really need to talk to him if you want him to leave!" Luhan hears Baekhyun say within his mind. Luhan throws him a look as he backs away from the door.

"No way." He breathes. Baekhyun throws him a stern look of seriousness.

"You have to!  You've got to get them out of here! I can't--" Baekhyun gets cut off when the doorknob shakes and Luhan's breath hitches. If he lets Sehun in, who knows what he'll do to him next. Luhan gives a worried glance to Baekhyun who looks like he's gotten more pale than before. Blood rushes to Luhan's head and his heart burns painfully as he feels the human scent flow from underneath the door.

Luhan knows he'll start bleeding again soon if he doesn't do anything. Luhan coughs and can taste the metallic taste of blood from his throat.

"B-Baek." Luhan croaks. Baekhyun sees Luhan and begins to feel uneasy. Why oh why was this happening to them. Baekhyun thinks quick and takes a thick blanket to over up the crack underneath the door. The smell of Sehun and Chanyeol decreases but Baekhyun can still feel the stench in the air. The door begins to shake as Chanyeol or Sehun knocks on the door.

Baekhyun runs to Luhan's window and quickly throws it open. Baekhyun harshly calls Luhan's name and when Luhan looks at him, Baekhyun points out the window. Luhan gives his bedroom door a fearful look as if a monster would come in any second before running to Baekhyun. The window is small, but Baekhyun squeezes through without too much trouble and he holds his hand out for Luhan.

Luhan gulps and looks at Baekhyun fearfully. Luhan was afraid of heights ever since he was a child.

"You're going to be okay. Hurry up!" Baekhyun assured him as he heard pounding on the door. Luhan takes Baekhyun's hand and slips through the window. Luhan is wobbly as he stands on the rooftop tiles and his hand tightens around Baekhyun's. The silver haired vampire gives him a assuring squeeze as he quickly makes his way to smaller elevation. Smaller elevation would make Luhan less afraid when they jump off.

Luhan is sweating and his stomach is doing backflips when he looks down to the ground. He hates heights. He feels like the world is zooming out and it looks farther than it actually is. Luhan forgets how to breathe as he continues to look down.

"Luhan, you can't look down. Come on let's jump over there," Baekhyun says as he points toward the work shed. Jongin usually has bins and boxes by the wall to create a small stair case. Luhan nods as he gulps and reluctantly follows Baekhyun with his wobbly feet. Baekhyun is silently glad as his cousin follows willingly and bravely. 

The silver haired vampire walks by his own room window, just in time to see his bedroom door open and Chanyeol appear. Baekhyun's eyes widen in surprise just as Chanyeol's does too.

"Sehun!  They're outside!" Chanyeol shouts. Baekhyun is in shock and decides to run away, pulling Luhan along with him. They stumble across the roof, careful for any loose tiles. Baekhyun is swift and Luhan follows diligently after. Baekhyun can hear front doors slam, indicating that Sehun and Chanyeol were on their tail, so he ushers Luhan to hurry. They manage to get to Jongin's pile of boxes of steps and they jump quickly, despite Luhan's hesitant protests.

They lose their balance toward the bottom but regain it pretty quick. Baekhyun figure out they are in the back yard and they have no other way than the back yard fence, or they jump into their neighbor's yard. Baekhyun bites his lips and his heart hammers against his chest as he smells Chanyeol.

Luhan, looks at his cousin with worry because it looks like Baekhyun was stuck. Sehun's strong scent fills Luhan's nose and Luhan just decides to push Baekhyun through the backyard gate. The fence leads back to the front yard and into the campus streets. 

Luhan looks at Baekhyun and points to his right and left. " Let's split up." He suggests as he pants. Baekhyun nods in agreement as he takes off while Luhan goes the other way.

~~

Chanyeol's and Sehun's hearts pound from running as they circle around the house and eventually see the back yard gate swinging slightly as if someone just ran out from there. Sehun makes a grunt of annoyance but runs to the gate with Chanyeol following behind. They bend over, hands on their knees, as they try to catch their breaths.

"I.. I didn't know they were that fast." Sehun pants, looking around for a certain blonde and platinum haired male but he couldn't see them anywhere. Chanyeol nods in agreement as he gulps down his saliva for his dry throat. Sehun looks around the almost empty area, determining which way they could've gone. 

Now, Sehun was smart, and could easily figure things out by himself.  He didn't skip a few grades for nothing.

"Chanyeol," Sehun said, still looking from from side to side. Chanyeol looks up at him before standing up straight and wiping sweat away from his forehead.

"Yeah?"

Sehun frowns. "You don't think they split up here right?"

Chanyeol observes their surroundings and it seemed likely they split up to get away quicker. If they split, it would be harder for both Sehun and him to find them. Chanyeol points in one direction.

"Should we split too? I'll go this way."

Chanyeol doesn't spare Sehun another second after he nods and dashes away. Chanyeol dashes the other way and he tries to look out for Baekhyun or Luhan. They could be hiding anywhere. Chanyeol remembers that. Baekhyun moves swiftly and quick so it's easily to lose track of the silver haired male. He's not so sure about Luhan. 

Chanyeol just hopes he gets to talk to Baekhyun soon.

~~

Sehun honestly does not know what he's doing. All he wants to do is meet Luhan and clear the situation but Luhan just ran as if Sehun was a disease. Sehun just wants to know why he did what he did. You can't just harass someone and not expect them not to confront you about it.

Sehun runs deeper into the campus neighborhood where there were barely anybody roaming around. Sehun rethinks that maybe they couldn't run into a dead end. The houses were built like a culdesac so there was no other way to go. Was Sehun wrong and Baekhyun and Luhan did not split up?

Sehun groans and runs a exhausted hand through his baby pink hair as if it'll calm his mild headache. Sehun feels his legs going numb from all the running he did and decides to take a seat at a bench. He sighs loudly and looks up at the blue sky tiredly.

It was until Sehun heard the sound of bins being moved around, that he got up. On the side of the nearest house, there was moving trash bins that looked oddly suspicious. Sehun frowned and walked slowly up to the bins. They shook and shifted weirdly, as if being moved to cover something.

Sehun thought maybe there was a ghost there until he saw a glimpse of yellowish hair. Sehun 's eyebrows furrowed in curiously before he yanked away the bin revealing a blonde boy.

"S-Sehun."

~~~

Baekhyun runs without stopping to wherever his vampire legs take him. He finds himself in the school building, lurking in the empty hallways. He thinks he's safe, at least for now.

Baekhyun sighs, exhausted from all the running. Sure he was a vampire and had a little bit stronger bone structure than humans, but he gets tired too. Baekhyun stretches his arms up and yawns.

He suddenly feels very tired.

The platinum haired vampire hopes that Luhan made it without getting caught. He thinks all this running away seems useless. He felt like he was running from the mafia. Maybe he should change all his classes. Why hadn't the vampire vice principal created night school yet?

Baekhyun sighs because he just does not want to think anymore, and feels like he should just take a nap. His wishes are thrown out the window when he hears his name being called.

"Baekhyun!" The voice is deep and makes Baekhyun's heart throb painfully. Baekhyun jolts and runs to the nearest door frantically trying to hide somewhere. The first door is the janitors closet and he closes the door tightly, secretly hoping Chanyeol didn't see him.

The vampire was too slow and Chanyeol did manage to see him enter the janitors closet. Chanyeol does not hesitate to yank open the door and go in, startling Baekhyun. Baehyun nearly screams and tries to push by Chanyeol but Chanyeol was much too large and took up most of the door way. Chanyeol shuts the door tightly and blocks it from Baekhyun.

Baekhyun yelps when he feels Chanyeol's body press against his because just like the doorway, the room was too small and cramped. Baekhyun's heart races and thunders inside his ribcage telling him to escape but Baekhyun is trapped.

"Baekhyun we really need to talk."