...

Bloody Love

Baekhyun stirs in his sleep when it's morning, slowly awakened by the morning sun. He feels a lot of heat around him; that's his first thought. It's actually extremely hot. Baekhyun kicks off the covers and cracks open an eye, only to close it again because dang the room is bright. Baekhyun tries again, but he has to cover his eyes from the light because the windows in the room had no curtains or blinds. Who in the world would have nothing to cover up a window?!

Baekhyun groans and slowly gets up, feeling sorta refreshed from sleeping. Though he was half asleep, he could tell it was almost afternoon. The sun wasn't this hot in the morning.

Eyes still hazy and blurry from sleep, Baekhyun looks around himself. He's in a almost bare room, that looked like it was painted orange because of the sun. Baekhyun is slow; it takes him a full two minutes to realize he wasn't at home.

Baekhyun's eyes widen in shock before he looks to his side where a lump was sleeping next to him. Yesterday's events hit him like a train and he runs a exasperated hand through his hair. He then noticed he wasn't even in his own clothes. Baekhyun gapes as he looks down at the large shirt and baggy gym shorts and he screams internally.

Everything smells like Chanyeol.

Even Baekhyun smells like Chanyeol!

Baekhyun screams internally and fists at his hair while he tries looking for his things in a hurry before Chanyeol wakes up. But it's too late and Baekhyun hears Chanyeol groan from underneath the blankets. Baekhyun stares at the sound because wow that sounded... Baekhyun waves away his odd thought before he even finishes it because he really had to get out of there. Baekhyun slides off the large, tall (?), bed and he tries to tip toe away.

"Baekhyun... Where are you going?" 

Baekhyun freezes and he bites his lip. The deep voice gets him every time. He continues to walk as if he didn't hear but ends up tripping on NOTHING, and falling face first on the floor.

"Baekhyun are you okay!?" Chanyeol scrabbled to Baekhyun, his body not yet fully awakened. He manages not to fall over piles of blankets and makes his way to help Baekhyun up. Baekhyun groans as he gets up and balls himself against the floor.

"What are you doing?" Chanyeol asked watching the smaller take the position of a ball. Baekhyun covers his face in embarrassment and refuses to answer.

They sit there in a awkward silence and Baekhyun dares himself to peek at Chanyeol. His faces flushes a shade of scarlet when he sees Chanyeol running a large hand through his messy hair. Baekhyun could feel his heart beating fast and his head is seeing stars because of Chanyeol's scent that surrounds him. Why did he have to smell so amazing to Baekhyun?

Baekhyun continues to stare at Chanyeol, to his neck then his collarbones. Chanyeol's sleeveless shirt showed off his large biceps and Baekhyun only blushes more at the sight. Baekhyun marvels at Chanyeol for a long while and doesn't even realize that Chanyeol was staring right back at him.

"...Baekhyun? Byun Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun's gaze lands to Chanyeol's large eyes which gleamed with confusion.

"Are you okay?" Chanyeol asked, running a hand through his messy hair again. Baekhyun simply blinks before answering.

"Y-Yeah.. I think so..." He stutters. "Umm.. Where am I?" 

Chanyeol looks around the room for a moment while messing with his dark colored hair again. Baekhyun slowly wonders what Chanyeol's hair feels like basing on how glossy and soft it looks. He shakes away the thought quickly before Chanyeol notices he was staring again.

"My room." Chanyeol answers, looking to Baekhyun. He slowly looks over the silver haired boy, who practically shines under the sunlight of the window.

"Why am I in your clothes?" Baekhyun asked, blushing. 

"Oh! You said you were uncomfortable last night..." Chanyeol says, biting back a yawn. When Baekhyun gives him a certain worried look, Chanyeol's eyes widened. "Y-You changed yourself! I-I didn't do anything, I just gave you clothes!" Chanyeol said loudly, hoping Baekhyun wouldn't think of him as some ert. 

"I-I guess you were so tired that you don't remember..." Chanyeol nervously smiled, rubbing his nape. Chanyeol observes the smaller and he feels his heart slow to stop when he sees Baekhyun smile slightly. It was so small but Chanyeol just couldn't look away from his lips. What would they feel like..? 

Baekhyun's voice cuts into Chanyeol's train of thought.

"Thank you for letting me rest here." Baekhyun smiles a little more now, staring shyly at the ground. Chanyeol feels something rumble inside his chest as he subconsciously smiles back. It's quiet between the two until they hear a late afternoon bird sing from the outside.

"It's pretty late now but we should wash up. I think I have a extra toothbrush for you." Chanyeol says, pushing his body off the ground. He walks in a certain direction before beckoning Baekhyun to follow. Baekhyun was going to open his mouth to say he should leave but just couldn't when Chanyeol kept ushering him this way and that. Chanyeol even talked Baekhyun into eating (late) breakfast.

"What do you want to eat?" Chanyeol had asked as Baekhyun as the silver haired male sat awkwardly at the table. Baekhyun was silent for awhile and just shrugged. Baekhyun did not forget to notice the small smile Chanyeol gave him as he started taking ingredients out. Inside of Baekhyun, he felt nice. Almost relaxed if not for his heart stopping every so often.

"I didn't think we slept for this long..." Baekhyun heard Chanyeol mumble as the tall giant checked his watch. From afar, Baekhyun caught a glimpse of the time. 

Almost 3:30pm. 

Had he really been sleeping for that long? He felt so refreshed now, so maybe his sickness went away with sleep? Baekhyun smiled at the thought of finally being cured of.... whatever that made him sick. Even now, his body was not reacting way out of control whenever Chanyeol was near. Maybe he was okay after all.

"Ahh!" 

Baekhyun immediately looked to Chanyeol who suddenly yelped. He jumps up and scurried to Chanyeol who was holding onto his finger while hissing in pain.

"What happened Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked as he nears. Baekhyun feels his stomach churn when he smells that wonderful scent of blood. He freezes right by Chanyeol, watching as Chanyeol tried to wrap his bloody finger with a paper towel.

"I cut my finger because I wasn't watching close enough. I'm sure it's okay though," Chanyeol explains, not noticing how Baekhyun's face becomes grim and pale. Chanyeol presses a paper towel to the small wound, and walks to the sink to rinse it off. If only he hadn't been looking at Baekhyun smiling to himself while cutting fruit, then maybe he wouldn't have ed up. The giant grimaces and winces as the cold water runs over his burning finger. His blood turns the water a light pink and he crunches up his face at the sight. 

Baekhyun gulps as a bead of sweat forms in his forehead. His feels his stomach doing somersaults and his heart beating at a rapid pace. Baekhyun finds himself being short of breath and he tried to blink away the swirling images as he becomes dizzy. 

The vampire clenches his hands into a fist, hoping to fight against the Thirst. His whole body begins to burn as he watches blood ooze into the sink as Chanyeol washes it away. Chanyeol didn't even see Baekhyun's stoic expression and thinks nothing of Baekhyun's silence.

"I just remembered! Don't you have a special diet? Maybe I can make that for you if it's not too complicated." Chanyeol says, looking from the sink to Baekhyun. Baekhyun's grin and burning eyes makes Chanyeol's heart squeeze tightly within his chest.

"Maybe you can." 

~~~

 

Luhan wakes from yet another long sleep. It seemed he had been sleeping for days. He was drifting in and out of reality constantly for the past few days; he was too weak to be up and walking around. Luhan could feel his body slowly shutting down on him, and he feared that maybe one day he would not wake up at all. He didn't want to die at a young age (?) without knowing what illness has infected him. He feared that the most. He feared he would die and not know why.

Kyungsoo, being the main caretaker of the house, pokes his head in Luhan's room the moment Luhan decides to force himself up. Kyungsoo scurried to the vampire and helps him up slowly. Luhan vaguely notices how the little ears on Kyungsoo's head twitch when Kyungsoo moves. Luhan catches sight of a tail just a little behind of Kyungsoo. It swishes back and forth behind him as if it was perfectly normal.

"Kyungie, you gotta stop moving your tail... It's tickling my toes.." Luhan says, narrowing his eyes at the werewolf's tail.

"Oops sorry!" Kyungsoo squeaks, trying to still the limb. He tries to tuck it into his gym pants but fails miserably. Luhan  runs a hand through his bed head and groans when the sun hits his skin. Kyungsoo immediately shuts the window curtains more until the room was nothing but a shade of black. Luhan would've left it open if not for him being sick. 

"Here." Kyungsoo said, a blood bag in the palm of his hand. Luhan frowns at it, not feeling particularly hungry. He pushes it away with a shake of his head. Kyungsoo nods in understanding before retreating his hand. 

"Do you want regular food then?" Kyungsoo asked. Luhan shook his head and just decided to lay back down. Kyungsoo figured Luhan wanted to be alone so he left the room without another word. Luhan thought the werewolf's tail waved good bye as he left.

Luhan stared up the the cieling and sighed heavily. His heart burned as he did so and he hacked out a raspy cough. The vampire hit his chest once, hoping it will help. Luhan helplessly lay there in bed feeling more awful than yesterday. Maybe this was how he was supposed to die.

Luhan opened his eyes when he heard a rough knock at his door. The slow creak of the door filled the room as Jongin's head popped in.

"Lu, Kyungsoo and I are going to the store for little bit. Call if you need something." Jongin said. Just as the tan male was about to close the door, Luhan croaked.

"Wait Jongin!" 

Jongin's head returned. "Hmm?"

"Where's Baekhyun?" Luhan asked. It was late afternoon of a weekend, and usually Baekhyun would come wake Luhan up. If not, Baekhyun would still be sleeping in, and no one dares to wake the sleeping vampire. Luhan turned to his clock, it was definitely too late for Baekhyun to still be sleeping.

"Umm.. Let me go check his room... He left last night to get assignments but it got really late so I went to sleep early. Maybe he's still sleeping.." Jongin grumbled unsurely as he disappeared, leaving the door open. Luhan's ears perked slightly as he heard the door of Baekhyun's room open. Not long after, Jongin came back in with a worried face.

"He's not there..."  Jongin watched as Luhan forced himself up. It looked like Luhan was going to go check for himself but Jongin rushed over to push him back down. The vampire gave Jongin a dirty look and frowned at Jongin's hands that were pressed against his chest. The werewolf removed his hands slowly.

"Maybe he left to get something... Don't go anywhere and just rest. I'm sure he'll be back soon." Jongin said, trying to be assuring. Jongin smiled slightly and Luhan just obeyed by laying back down. The tan male grinned and soon left the room. 

After sometime in silence, Luhan begins to feel restless. He looks for his phone and finds out there is not a single message or call from his cousin. Worry begins to set inside of Luhan's exhausted, sick body. Should he go out and find Baekhyun? Should he call? 

Luhan decided to do the most sensible thing and dials Baekhyun's number. It rings three time and then Luhan is sent to voicemail. Luhan tries again but still no answer. He tries a few more times and when he's had enough, he leaves a voicemail and a few text messages. He waits for a few minutes (which feel like hours to him) and then he forces himself up. 

He can feel it. He can feel something is wrong. Luhan closes his eyes and tries to connect with Baekhyun with his mind. It's usually never hard but ever since Luhan became sick, his telepathic power ranged low. He could feel a migraine coming from just trying.

When there's no progress, Luhan grunts as he gets off the bed. He almost slumps to the ground from how weak he is and he messily puts some decent clothes on. After miserable stumbles and attempts to run, Luhan just sticks with limping. At least he was getting somewhere.

The vampire somehow makes it outside and he flinches from the late afternoon sun. If Luhan wasn't sick, he would've liked the heat that fell against his skin. He wasn't like Baekhyun who hated being outside for a long time.

Luhan tries his telepathic powers again, and is able to get a small connection. It seemed that Baekhyun was fighting against the Thirst and it makes Luhan even more worried. He could not communicate with another vampire who was in the process of the Thirst for some reason. The vampiric gene overrides Luhan's power so it's impossible for the blonde to enter another's mind. 

Luhan groans because of that, and tries to figure out just where Baekhyun could be. The one who made Baekhyun lose control was... Chanyeol. 

"Park Chanyeol..." Luhan says, closing his eyes in pain as he tries to pinpoint where the giant was. If only he was just a little bit stronger.

"Hey!" Someone calls from behind him. Luhan twists around, wincing as he does, to find another blonde running up to him. 

"Hello your Highness." 

The blonde, Kris, frowns immediately before waving the remark away. "What are you doing?"

"Looking for Baekhyun. I think he's in trouble." Luhan explained. Luhan takes a shaky foot forward and Kris catches his arm as he wobbles.

"You'll be in trouble if you keep going. I can tell you're sick." Kris says, giving the blonde vampire a worried look. The blonde stares at him.

"I have to find Baekhyun." He firmly states. Kris sighs but doesn't let go of the vampire.

"At least let me help you then." 

Luhan gives Kris a long look before finally giving in and letting Kris help him limp around. The two roam around campus while Luhan explains his illness to the Prince. The Dragon Prince listens intently to Luhan's long explaination with very few questions. He could not imagine what his friend was going through, so he mentally reminded himself that he should search for it later when he had the time. 

When Luhan began talking about Baekhyun and his new 'interest', Kris was taken back.

"Wait did you say Park Chanyeol?" Kris asked, his eyes wide. Luhan furrowed his eyebrows in curiosity before nodding.

"I believe Baekhyun is with him so we have to find him quickly." Luhan said. Luhan watched as Kris suddenly yanked his arm and practically ran with Luhan flailing behind. It's not long when Luhan can feel his body slowly being lifted off the ground and the wind slapping him in the face.

Ah, yes. The Dragon Prince can fly. 

Kris is like a rocket, and soars through the sky with Luhan at his finger tips. Luhan has no idea when they landed but he felt incredibly nauseous. He slumped to his knees when Kris landed on a green lawn in front of a certain dorm house. Kris watched with a sorry expression when he saw Luhan heaving deep heavy breaths.

"Sorry Luhan. Are you alright?" Kris apologizes. "I'll warn you next time."

Luhan glowers at the blonde prince. "I don't think there will be a next time Kris."

Kris chuckles nervously and grabs hold of Luhan again. "I didn't see Chanyeol wake up this morning, hopefully he's still here."

Luhan nods and reaches for the door. Kris follows after and they creep in slowly. They're met with the silence of house and the almost clean living room.

"Chanyeol?" Kris calls out. The two blondes walk toward the kitchen where they see a dark silhouette standing. When the two come even closer, Luhan opened up his mouth to shout and Kris dove forward.

"BAEKHYUN STOP!"

 

~~~

 

===

(a/n)

Heey guys~  Hopefully this is enough to be forgiven for taking a long time to update. I didn't add any other side stories in this one but I will in the next one ^_^ 

Thanks for the 80+ subs! <3

Comment, upvote, and subscribe~