...

Bloody Love

It was around the time when the beginning of the school year exams had ended when the school had announced they would allow an entire 7 day weekend. Baekhyun had no idea why they picked an entire week but he was glad to be out of school for the time being. 

Byun Baekhyun had one more class before he was free from this hellhole.

Next to him, Chanyeol taps a rhythm with his pencil and his fingers. It sounds like hip hop; Baekhyun vaguely thinks.  

On his other side, Jongdae is scribbling something on a small piece of paper. Baekhyun holds back a laugh as he sees an imprint of a hand on the side of Jongdae's cheek. The day before, the troll had gone on a date with this chubby cheeked male and somehow he got slapped for something probably very inappropriate.

The troll probably deserved it, knowing him. 

A sheet of paper is slid to Baekhyun.

You still on for Saturday?

Baekhyun side glanced to Jongdae before he smiled.

Why? You need a date with someone who won't slap you? 

Jongdae rubbed his cheek with the imprint before throwing Baekhyun a look.

Haha very funny. I already told you why I need you.

The vampire made an okay sign with his fingers before he crumpled up the paper and continued to lazily listen to whatever the teacher was saying.

"Hey Chanyeol, could you throw this away for me?" he whispered to the human sitting next to him. Chanyeol, who had seen everything and decided not to ask, just nodded before taking the paper. He secretly kept the small ball of paper and replaced it with a ball of paper he had conveniently put in his pocket.

He was just curious about this date with Jongdae, that's all.

It wasn't like he was jealous and really wanted Baekhyun not to go with Jongdae.

Chanyeol raised his arm up and basketball shot the paper ball that was on his end of the set of desks. Almost every sporty male did that but seeing Chanyeol do it, made Baekhyun think what it would be like if Chanyeol was on the basketball team. Chanyeol was tall, but clumsy and easily distracted.

"Chanyeol, have you ever thought of being on the basketball team?" Baekhyun asked before he could even stop himself. The taller male just shrugged and continued to tap his pencil.

"Kris asked me join, but I never thought about it." Chanyeol said, his eyes glued to the teacher. "Why do you ask?"

"I just saw you shoot the paper, so it just came to mind."

"Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol, please pay attention!" The teacher shouted from the front of the room. Many pairs of eyes turned to look at the two, and they both blushed and sheepishly smiled at the aggravated teacher.

"Yes ma'am." They said in unison, and then the teacher turned back to write whatever it was she was writing on the dusty chalkboard. Baekhyun just sighed and yawned quietly. Chanyeol watched from the corner of his eye at the sleepy Baekhyun and could not think of anything but how cute he looked.

~~~

Luhan has no trouble with keeping tabs on Sehun because, first, he can smell him from a mile away, and second, Oh Sehun stayed close whenever he could. Luhan tried going into Sehun's mind, but as much as he wished to, he suddenly couldn't bring himself to do it.

"Sehun, do you think you could pass me that, right there?" Luhan asked the pink haired male as he sat examining a chemistry bottle with a pinkish purple liquid. He and Sehun were majors in science, and had somehow managed to be partners for a mixture lab. Baekhyun was on the table next to theirs, paired up with Yixing.

Sehun obediently passed the blonde a blue liquid before leaning forward to write in his lab notebook. Luhan was too preoccupied with their chemistry mixture, which was now turning a dark purple, to notice that Sehun was staring contently at his face. Sehun had not intentionally stared at the pretty blonde to be a creeper, no, he was not a creep. Sehun just found himself captivated by the expressions that Luhan made when he was deep in thought. Oh Sehun was quite envious that Luhan could express exactly what he was feeling with his face while Sehun was as stoic as stoic could be.

Sehun continued to watch Luhan's face contort to various expressions.

When the liquid turned to a color he didn't like, he scrunched up his face in distain. When something good happened, he smiled in this gentle way that seemed almost angelic. When the blonde found something that didn't seem quite right, he pouted his lips in confusion. What other faces could Sehun see Luhan make?

"Yixing! No!"

There was a yell from their side, where Baekhyun was throwing his hands up to tell Yixing not to infuse all the liquids together. Sehun heard Luhan chuckle, and he watched as Luhan smiled as he walked over to the others.

"Calm down B," He said. Baekhyun just shot him a look before he watched the other speak Mandarin to the confused looking Yixing. Baekhyun bickered with the blonde for a short time, claiming he would've spoke in Mandarin if he hadn't been so angry.

And then Luhan laughed.

It wasn't very attractive looking, per say. Luhan looked much older when he laughed, as laughter lines appeared on his face. His eyes closed up in mirth and his mouth remained open as he laughed, but Sehun could not say it was ugly. He looked quite idiotic, in the eyes of some people, but to Sehun, it just made him more curious to what other faces the angelic chinese blonde could make.

What did he look like when he was mad? What did he look like when he was sad?

And when would Sehun be able to learn to make expressions like that?

~~~

Jongin was just flipping tv channels on the large TV when Baekhyun came home. Baekhyun was his best friend since, well, forever, and he knew what just went on in the vampire's pretty little mind. 

He of course never took advantage of that, and never planned to. 

"Welcome home Baekhyun~" Jongin sang as the vampire began taking off his shoes, shortly after closing the front door. Baekhyun grunted in response, and sank into the space next to Jongin.

"I heard you're going on a date with Jongdae." Jongin commented as he returned his attention to the television. Baekhyun just groaned in annoyance.

"Don't even remind me." He said. "Why does he even need me to get his love interest jealous? He could have gotten you or something."

Jongin instantly turned to the vampire, with his mouth ajar.

"How dare you. Kyungsoo would be furious."

Baekhyun just chuckled and punched Jongin on the shoulder lightly. "Speaking of Kyungsoo, where is he?"

"Went to meet with this Hyunsik guy."

Baekhyun looked at Jongin's agitated pout and leaned back on the leather couch. "And I'm surprised you haven't tried to rip the guy's head off yet."

"You know I can't! Kyungsoo would hate me for life, and I'm younger so you know what would happen."

Baekhyun just rolled his eyes. He knew what would happen if Jongin ever tried to fight someone with a higher status than him. Jongin was a pup amongst other werewolves, and he would only get himself hurt by his elders. Kyungsoo would never forgive Jongin and Baekhyun knew that Jongin was just die if Kyungsoo ever hated him.

"I could always do it for you." Baekhyun offered as nonchalantly as possible. Jongin snorted and scoffed at the same time.

"I might actually consider it," Jongin says. "Thanks B."

Baekhyun grinned at the werewolf before pushing himself up and heading toward his room. Baekhyun sank into his mattress, feeling exhaustion take over almost instantly. Before he could close his eyes and fall asleep. his room door opened and Baekhyun looked up to see Jongin.

"I forgot to ask.. Kyungsoo wanted to know if you were planning anything for the break."

Baekhyun shook his head. "No. I haven't thought of anything. I've only got a date with Jongdae, and that's about it."

Jongin understood and then sauntered out of Baehyun's room, shutting the door quietly behind him. Baekhyun sighed before dozing into dreamland.

~~~

Baekhyun blinks at Chanyeol who lunges toward a basketball net and slam dunks the ball. Kris, who stands cooly right next to the vampire, watches carefully.

"He passed initiation." He says, breaking the silence and recalling of the night Chanyeol had taken Baekhyun to the dorm. Baekhyun laughs.

"You still do that? You're so immature."

Kris just rolls his eyes but he knows Baekhyun wouldn't be able to see it because the smaller was so focused on the other giant. "He didn't quite accept going into the team though."

"I know. He told me."

Kris raises a bushy brow at the silver haired male next to him, but he just decides to shrug. The blonde sinks to the pavement, and settles shoulder to shoulder to Baekhyun. They sat at the curb, that was right next to the school's street basketball court. Chanyeol plays with other basketball players that was on Kris' team, but Baekhyun can only notice how he towered over other players.

"Do you think you can convince him to play on my team?" Kris asked, his eyes not leaving Chanyeol's graceful yet not so graceful movements.

"And what makes you think he'd listen to me?" Baekhyun asked.

Kris just pursed his lips and shrugged again. "Dunno, you guys hang out, so I just assumed he'd at least listen to you since you hang out with him more than anybody else."

It was true, Baekhyun knew that, but what exactly can he say to convince Chanyeol? He didn't know him long enough and obviously it was none of Baekhyun's business whether or not Chanyeol played on the basketball team. Baekhyun didn't even like sports to begin with.

Baekhyun opened his mouth to say something back to Kris but soon closed it. He wanted to help Kris out, yes, but it was all up to Chanyeol. Baekhyun wasn't the type of person to go around and force someone to do something. He would never.

"Just think about it, Baekhyun." Kris said, knowing full well what type of person Baekhyun was. "It looks like Chanyeol's done playing."

Baekhyun knew that too because his eyes never left the human. Chanyeol had sweat dripping down his face as he panted for air, out of exhaustion. Baekhyun had to gulp as Chanyeol sat next to him with a cold towel.

"You thought about joining yet?" Kris immediatly asked the other giant. Chanyeol just smiled cheekily before shaking his head.

"What about you Baekhyun? Doesn't he seem like a good player?" Kris said, putting the silver haired vampire directly on the spot. Baekhyun frowned slightly before looking down to his lap. He managed to shrug and play with a nonexistant lint on his jeans.

"I don't really care. It's Chanyeol's choice."

~~~

"Here~!" Jongdae sang as he shoved a pair of blue and gray pieces of paper in Baekhyun's face. Baekhyun sputters before shoving Jongdae away from his face, almost knocking the brunet off the lunch table chair.

"God, Jongdae, get away from me!" Baekhyun hissed as the troll seemed to attack his face with whatever the hell those papers were. Jongdae continues unfortunately, finding Baekhyun's angry face funny.

After wrestling with Jongdae for a good five minutes and having to punch the troll in the face (adding to the imprint on his cheek), Baekhyun sat cross armed, with a very aggravated scowl. Chanyeol sat beside him with a sorry look, and Jongin and Luhan were laughing crazily at him. Kyungsoo's nose was stuck in a 'oh so interesting' book, and Sehun sat staring at his breakfast with a expressionless look. Yixing was next to Jongdae and looked like he was looking for someone.

"But look at it!" Jongdae cried, shoving the slips of paper in Baekhyun's face again. This time, Baekhyun's eyes strained to look at it right, because it was so close to his face, and squinted at the small print.

"You're going to the countryside?" Baekhyun asked, pushing Jongdae's arms away. Jongdae smiled that obnoxious smile of his, and nodded.

"We're going to the countryside," Jongdae said. "That's where we're going tomorrow."

"For your date?" Chanyeol suddenly asked, before Baekhyun could open his mouth to ask Jongdae what craziness  he was  talking about. Chanyeol stared at Jongdae and Baekhyun thought he looked slightly.. nervous?

"Yeah, for our date." Jongdae said back, quite casually, as if he and Baekhyun went on dates often. Jongin and Luhan let out another outburst of laughter.

"Hey, you two. Shut up." Baekhyun shot at the two guffawing idiots. They continued to laugh so Baekhyun kicked the both of them under the table. Jongin let out a hiss and Luhan laughed more, but tried to stiffen it.

"Gosh you guys are so immature..." Kyungsoo groaned as he put down his book down slightly to glare at his boyfriend and Luhan. They waved their hands to say sorry before finally shutting their mouths.

'It's funny though! Baekhyun is ready to kill Jongdae, how can he go on a date with him?" Jongin chuckled, a smile still plastered on his face.

"Baekhyun and I are very close, for your information." Jongdae shot back, putting away his train tickets in his jacket pocket. He grinned playfully before wrapping his arm around Baekhyun, in a loving way that made Chanyeol's eye twitch and made Luhan gag.

"Meet you at the train station tomorrow?" Jongdae said, his face mere inches away from Baekhyun's. The vampire nodded and then watched as Jongdae stood up and ran out of the lunch area, right after a certain auburn haired boy.

"Tch, that idiot." Baekhyun mumbled.

"What did you say?" Chanyeol asked, his large eyes looking at Baekhyun in that way that made Baekhyun shiver. Baekhyun shook his head and waved his head.

"Nothing Chanyeol."

"Oh! Chanyeol, you said you were from the countryside too right?" Luhan asked the boy next to Baekhyun. Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol nodded and smiled softly in response. "Me and Baekhyun have family in the countryside but we haven't visited in so long, maybe he'll go there tomorrow."

Baekhyun  shook his head before recalling what was on Jongdae's train tickets. "Jongdae and I are going on the far side of the country. I'm not going towards that way."

This seemed to catch Chanyeol by suprise because the latter jumped up and shook the table as he did so.

"Wait what!?"

Six eyes went to the dark haired giant before he blushed wildly and nervously coughed and sat back down. "I-I meant... Sorry I was just excited. I live in the far side of the countryside, well used to anyway."

Baekhyun's ears perked at the mention of Chanyeol's home. He remembered speaking to Chanyeol about his family and his home. He also remembered how sad Chanyeol seemed and he couldn't help but frown. Chanyeol sat next to him, telling Luhan of his small house in the fields before Baekhyun got a sudden idea. He hopped up and told his friends he'd be right back.

"Where are you going?" Luhan asked.

"I'm going to find Jongdae."

~~~

When Baekhyun found the troll, after sauntering around the school campus for an hour, he found the caramel haired male sitting in the school garden's bushes.

"What the are you doing." The vampire's voice was unamused as he stood by the bush, looking down at Jongdae. The troll hissed in a rather shrill tone before pulling Baekhyun down with him.

"Shut up Baekhyun! You'll make him see me!"

Following Jongdae's gaze, Baekhyun found the aubrun haired boy that Jongdae had found interest in. The chubby cheeked boy must've been in a higher grade because he wore a different uniform but his cute face said otherwise. Byun Baekhyun knew of him from Jongdae (because the troll just won't shut up about him) and knew he had been the one to give Jongdae the slap during their coffee date. But Jongdae only found more interest in the poor auburn haired male even after getting hit in the face.

Minseok, the vampire believed his name was after hearing Jongdae mutter, was sitting with seniors who were just sitting around on the grass. Minseok seemed to shimmer in the sunlight, and his smile was cute and unique. Baekhyun could see why Jongdae found him attractive.

"What are you even doing here?" Jongdae whispered to Baekhyun, his dark eyes never leaving Minseok who was much too far away to even see the bush.

"About tomorrow... There's been a change in plans."

 

 

 

===

A/N

Hai guys~ Sorry about the long wait for this chapter but there's been so much hassle in updating because of my limited time. I also was so stuck on this chapter and had no ideas to use to fill in the blanks. But I have finally updated, and I really hope you liked it.

Leave a comment, subscribe, and maybe upvote. <3

See you in the next update~!