...

Bloody Love

More days pass by and Baekhyun is really not feeling well. His skin is becoming paler than usual and he feels he has the flu. He feels light headed and his stomach is in a constant cycle of giving him pain. Baekhyun cannot differ if he's hungry or he just has stomach pain.

This morning, Baekhyun had woken up and his stomach lurched so he found himself puking in the bathroom. It was painful to Baekhyun, how his stomach squeezed as if trying to squeeze his insides out. Baekhyun coughed up blood and he started crying right there in the bathroom. He didn't know why he started crying, pain or not, but he just felt a little relief when a few tears escaped from his eyes.

Luhan who was also sick had been resting in bed more often than he should be. It seemed they grew weaker each day, and there was no explaination. 

But still they tried to drag themselves out of bed and go to school.

Baekhyun tried to bare the pain that gnawed in his stomach but sometimes it resulted him to being sent home or sent to the nurses. He always went home of course, he didn't want to go the infirmary where there were humans sometimes lying around. He was sick, so everything about him was out of order. His taste buds made his bloody bagged meals almost tasteless but his stomach was always in a contracted pain. As if the gears in his stomach werent working well. His senses were hypersensitive usually but now it was clogged.

How was he to survive like this?

Baekhyun considered calling his grandparents or his own parents but decided not to because he didn't want to disturb them. They were busy people after all.

Baekhyun groans inwardly as he limps in the hallway, his stomach cramping up with every step he takes. He winces and tries to cope with the pain.

So this is what girls feel during their periods, he thinks bitterly. 

The vampire fishes out his bottle of hidden blood and takes a gulp of it before sliding down to the ground. He should just rest there for a little bit. His drink subsides his headache and stomach pain by a little and he feels the tiniest relief.

Baekhyun was stalking the dark empty hallways of school after school had ended because he had missed quite a few assignments. He was tired and exhausted having to lug around a large heavy backpack full of his and Luhan's missed assignments. Luhan couldn't come help because he had fallen asleep and Baekhyun didn't want to bother because he was more sick than Baekhyun himself. Baekhyun had a sense of pride, of course, so he thought he could do it all by himself and declined Yixing's and Jongin's offer to help. Now here he sat, taking a break after walking for 3 minutes of holding the bag.

Baekhyun chugged his drink slowly, enjoying how the liquid ran smoothly down his throat. It was tasteless though, and did not appease Baekhyun's hunger. He put down his empty bottle and the tiny clunk it made as it met the ground echoed in the hallway. It was dark and eerie because Baekhyun had chosen to go in the late afternoon and he didn't realize it had become this late when he was done collecting. It didn't help that he had to move slowly to limit the pain in his abdomen.

Baekhyun sighed as he took a moment to look around. It's awfully quiet without anybody around and he observes the window as the trees cast eerie shadows from outside. Baekhyun slowly thinks that if he was human than he would be scared. Baekhyun smiles softly because there was nothing to be scared of as a monster. People feared you and would avoid you at all costs if they weren't stupid. It was a silly thought really, imagining a regular human trying to sneak up on a vampire. A shocked vampire would have accidently cut off a limb. A scared vampire would have gone for the head. And an angry vampire would've gone immediately for the neck.

Either way seemed pretty gruesome.

Baekhyun feels his stomach churn in a demanding way and he grimaces in pain. The vampire sits there, helplessly, on the ground, unable to cope any longer. If only he could understand what was wrong with him, then maybe he wouldn't feel this way. Medicine, potion, spell, anything! Baekhyun would do anything to feel better.

Baekhyun closes his eyes as the shadows from outside dance on the hallway walls. He's tired and hungry, and just really wants to sleep it all away. 

Why him. Why Luhan. Why. Why?!

Baekhyun bumps his head against the wall in frustration. He wanted to know everything. He wanted everything to feel better. He didn't want himself or Luhan to go through it anymore. What could he do to make it all disappear?

Baekhyun shuts his eyes as they burn and tears threaten to shed. He hates tears. He hates crying. So Baekhyun bites back the will to cry and swipes at his eyes quickly. Baekhyun blinks the watery tears away and soon he feels fatigue fall over him.

He falls asleep right there in the dark hallway.

~~~

Chanyeol lurks in the school hallways, his heart shaking. It's rather scary when it's all dark and eerie. Chanyeol keeps thinking that maybe a ghost might pop out and scare him. How come he dared himself to come here? 

If only Kris' basketball team didn't challenge him.

Chanyeol gulped as he regretted accepting the basketball team's challenge to sneak around the school. It was clear to Chanyeol that it was some sort of test but did he really have to do this? Kris even said he didn't have to, but Chanyeol was stubborn and wanted to prove the team wrong.

Just how stupid was he?

Chanyeol's large sneakers squeak against the polished floors as he walks while he tries to calm his shaking heart. He shouldn't be scared; there was absolutely nothing to be afraid of. He keeps reminding himself that but something tells him that something is bound to take him by surprise.

"All I have to do is get a jersey from the locker room..." Chanyeol utters to himself as he turns toward the gym. The locker room is left unlocked and he soon finds a red and black jersey waiting for him in one of the open lockers. He feels at ease when he slings the shirt on his shoulder and makes his way out of the locker room. He slowly thinks how easy it was and he how worried for nothing.

It wasn't until he turned into a different hallway when he knew he was wrong.

Chanyeol almost yelped when he found a body slumped against the wall, not too far ahead of him. He felt his heart rumble in his chest and took a deep breath to calm himself. He checked from the corner of the wall to peek, wondering if it was prank by the basketball team. But as Chanyeol took a closer look, he realized the person, whoever it was, had shiny silver hair. 

The moonlight from the nearby window shined on the silver hair and onto the person's pale skin. Chanyeol couldn't believe it. It wasn't who he thought it was right?

Chanyeol crept closer to the slumped figure, cautiously and quietly. As he neared, he came to see the person's face and then he frowned. It was indeed Byun Baekhyun sitting there.

Chanyeol felt his heart calm at the sight, happy that it wasn't a monster of some kind or a prank. The black haired male nudges the other but Baekhyun barely shifts. Chanyeol silently observes Baekhyun's sleeping face, his eyes skimming everything in a quick motion.

Chanyeol thinks of how Baekhyun wasn't feeling well recently. Yes, he still noticed the smaller boy. It was something he had no control over. Chanyeol notices how pale Baekhyun's skin looks and reaches a hand to touch his skin. It's freezing and Chanyeol's eyes grow wide. He yanks away his hand away as if he had been burned.

Had Baekhyun fallen so sick that he collapsed here?

Chanyeol hoped that wasn't it.

"Baekhyun? Are you okay?"  Chanyeol asked out loud. There was no reply so he shook Baekhyun by the shoulders, waking the latter. 

"Hmm?" Baekhyun grumbles as he slowly opens his eyes. His vision is a little blurry from sleep and he  reaches up to brush it away. He straightens himself up, not knowing he was slowly nearing Chanyeol's face. Chanyeol crouched by the smaller, watching how Baekhyun rubbed at his eyes cutely.

"Baekhyun, why are you sleeping here?" He asked.

Surprised, Baekhyun looked up abruptly and met noses with Chanyeol. Chanyeol didn't see it coming and froze automatically. Baekhyun felt his heart stop and his blood boil uncontrollably. He couldnt help but notice how dark Chanyeol's eyes were and how they held him captive. Baekhyun feels numb when he feels Chanyeol's breath roll against his own skin.

"C-Chanyeol..?" He manages to say, slowly backing away from Chanyeol. He can't seem to look away from his eyes though, and continues to get lost in them. Chanyeol stares back, admiring Baekhyun's eyes that glow against the moonlight.

Chanyeol is first to look away, forcing his head to look another way. The black haired giant feels his cheeks grow hot and he hopes Baekhyun doesn't notice how red his face is. Baekhyun faces the other way, his cheeks also growing hot.

"W-Why are you sleeping here?" Chanyeol asks again, his voice cracking slightly. Baekhyun doesn't answer his question but replies:

"What are you doing here?"

"I had something to do. What are you doing here?" Chanyeol asks, his eyes making Baekhyun shrink against the wall. Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows and looks to the ground.

"I had something to do too."

"Then you wouldn't be sleeping on the ground. Are you feeling really sick?" Chanyeol asks, instinctly reaching to touch Baekhyun's forehead, but Baekhyun pushes him away right away. Chanyeol pulls back with a sad expression, and Baekhyun looks away with a guilt.

It's silent between the two for a small period of time before Baekhyun breaks the ice.

"I should go." He says, picking up the large bag full off heavy assignments. Chanyeol stands up the same time Baekhyun does and Chanyeol can't help but frown when he sees Baekhyun wobble. The smaller boy's face contorts in pain and Chanyeol can see he was having difficulty just getting up.

Baekhyun clutches at his stomach when he takes a step away, but forces himself to keep going . The weight of the backpack wasn't helping, because Baekhyun had not gained enough energy from sleeping. He stumbled along the wall with Chanyeol following close behind.

"Just go ahead of me Chanyeol." Baekhyun orders but Chanyeol doesn't listen. Chanyeol just watches with disapproval and worry as Baekhyun wobbly walks.

Chanyeol has had enough when Baekhyun suddenly falls to the ground while hissing in pain. Chanyeol rushes to his side immediately to help him back up.

"Okay that's enough Baekhyun. Let me help you, okay?" Chanyeol says, but Baekhyun waves him away. Baekhyun had his pride and he was stubborn, there was no way he would ask for help. So Chanyeol watches again as Baekhyun stubbornly marches with the large backpack but then sadly sinks to the ground again. Baekhyun looked like he was on the verge of tears as he sat there, and Chanyeol couldn't help but feel bad for him. 

Chanyeol yanked away the heavy backpack from Baekhyun after sighing in frustration. Baekhyun looked up at him with wide eyes.

"Let me help you! You're sick so stop it!" Chanyeol bellowed, his voice resonating through the empty halls. He saw Baekhyun shrink back and automatically lowered his voice. "Just let me help." 

"I thought you were mad at me. Weren't you avoiding me?" Baekhyun asked. "Why would you help me after all the things I did to you?"

Chanyeol frowned. Why was he helping? He was supposed to be ignoring Baekhyun just like he had done to him, so why did he need to help the smaller?

Maybe because he was a softie or he just couldn't seem to stay angry for very long, but he honestly couldn't take seeing Baekhyun struggle like this. His heart would grow heavy if he just watched people struggle when he could help.

Chanyeol slings the backpack on his back and crouches by Baekhyun with a sigh. He slips his arms around the smaller to hold him bridle style. Baekhyun lets out a squeak when Chanyeol grasps a firm hold on him. 

"H-Hey! I can walk by myself!" Baekhyun grumbles as he squirms in Chanyeol's large arms. Chanyeol just tightens his grip and begins walking. After a few weak attempts to escape, Baekhyun begins to feel tired so he becomes limp with Chanyeol's hold. His heart is beating fast and his face is flushed a dark shade red when he takes a whiff of Chanyeol's strong scent. It's strongest against his neck, and Baekhyun tries his very hardest not to touch (or bite) that very spot.

Sleep is heavy against the vampire's eyes but he doesn't give in just yet.

"Why are helping me Chanyeol...?" He asks quietly. Chanyeol's heavy steps against the ground are the only thing he hears until Chanyeol opens his mouth to answer.

"I don't know." 

"I'm sorry for everything." Baekhyun says, closing his eyes. He finds the sound of Chanyeol's heart beat melodic, it's strong and steady.  Baekhyun doesn't hear Chanyeol answer and instead Chanyeol's heart beats fill his ears and mind. The lively beats slowly lure him to sleep.

Chanyeol walks on quietly, somehow managing all the weight of Baekhyun and the large backpack. Baekhyun wasn't really heavy to begin with anyway. The smaller was actually light in Chanyeol's opinion. He just couldn't stop thinking how freezing Baekhyun felt. Was that natural?

He notices Baekhyun had gone silent and looks down to check on him. 

Chanyeol smiles softly when he finds Baekhyun sleeping soundly in his arms. 

~~~

Oh Sehun dreams of the blonde again. It was becoming more consistent, and sometimes Sehun wonders what he would give for a normal sleep. He endured sleepless nights because he simply couldn't go back to sleep and when he did, he dreamt of the same thing over and over. 

Tonight was much different.

After taking a few sleeping pills and praying for a good night's sleep, Sehun laid in bed waiting for sleep to take him. When he finally got to sleep, his nightmare was waiting for him.

-

-

Sehun was in a thick maze of grey brick walls. He looked all around, and there were only dead ends for him. They all were blocked, and it didn't matter how hard he pounded his fist against it to get out. He was trapped.

Sehun screamed and tried to call someone to help but there was no one there to hear him. 

So he stood there with his face in his hands, tears threatening to fall. He sniffled and tried to calm down until he felt a small hand gently grap hold of his wrist. He looked up in surprise to see... Luhan?!

Sehun was speechless and watched as Luhan smiled gently while he caressed Sehun's hands. It gave Sehun comfort and Sehun could feel a smile tug at his lips. Luhan smiled and put Sehun's hand ontop of his chest. Sehun only stared as he felt nothing there. Luhan only smiled softly, his smile becoming extremely sad.

Sehun opened his mouth to say something but then it finally occurred to him that he felt liquid between his fingers. He looked at Luhan's chest and his eyes widened.

Right where his hand was, there was large wound that bled right onto his hand. Sehun looked at Luhan in panic but the blonde simply smiled at him.

-

-

Sehun is shaken awake as he falls to the ground and he groans loudly in pain. He looks up to his bed, blankets thrown everywhere from tossing turning. Sehun feels a tear of sweat slide down his forehead and he wipes it away in a hurry. His heart is racing and he puts a hand over it to feel the rapid beating. He closes his eyes as he reminds himself it's just a dream.

It's yet another sleepless night for Oh Sehun.

===

(A/N)

Yay finally an update!

Its not my best but I hope you're still enjoying it ^^

I honestly didn't think I'd get 50+ subscribers so thank you guys  so much. <3

Comment, Subscribe, and upvote! <3

See you guys soon!