...

Bloody Love

Rapid rustling of leaves.

Footsteps stomping against the ground, crunching fallen leaves and patches of grass.

Heavy panting.

Hearts racing.

Racing through the woods, hand in hand, dodging trees and jumping over fallen logs, Baekhyun and Chanyeol run as fast as they can to escape from the wicked gust of mist thats taunting them. The woods are whispering and laughing which makes Chanyeol hurry after Baekhyun in fear. Baekhyun is gripping his hand with brute force, as if his whole life would be over if he ever let go. Chanyeol is grateful, but is obviously shaken up with horror as the ghost thing is continuing to follow and corner them.

He's trying to keep up with Baekhyun, and he's trying not to trip and fall on his own feet. His clothes are torn from stumbling through the dark and his legs are slowly turning to lead underneath him. The woods are echoing with giggling again, which Chanyeol finds oddly familiar but he can't really pinpoint just where he's heard it before, due to the fear rising in his heart.

Baekhyun steers Chanyeol wildly left and right before slamming him against a large tree. Seconds later, the gust of white flies by, still laughing like like it was demented.

Chanyeol opens his mouth to say something, maybe scream, but Baekhyun forcibly presses a finger to his lips. Their hearts are hammering in their chests and their heavy breaths are filling the air. Chanyeol looks around frantically before squeezing his eyes shut, hoping not to see the ghost again. By the time his heart starts calming down again, Baekhyun is lowering his finger but still looking around suspiciously. The giggles have died off somewhere in the distance, much to Chanyeol's relief, but he still feels shivers as if it'll pop out of nowhere.

"Stay calm," Baekhyun says as quiet as possible. His voice sounds really loud to Chanyeol, though his heart feels like it's beating inside his ears. Baekhyun's face is merely inches away from his, and Chanyeol could feel his cheeks flush. He mentally screams, thinking just how could he get flustered at a time like this?!

"It's a full body poltergiest," Baekhyuns whispers, looking around for the said thing. "Rare. Why is it on our territory?" He asks himself almost silently, eyebrows furrowing. He looks up at Chanyeol, whose eyes were everywhere but on him. Baekhyun was pretty close to him, so close that their chests were almost touching. The vampire had trapped him within his arms, and Chanyeol is squirming against the tree. Somewhere deep within Baekhyun, he enjoys seeing Chanyeol like that, sweat soaking his neck and panting heavily. He doesn't forget that Chanyeol's clothes are slightly torn due to hitting stray branches. His fang marks that made themselves at home on Chanyeol's neck makes him enjoy the scene even more. Shamefully, Baekhyun suddenly looks down at his feet, unable to shake away the image (though he finds it very pleasant).

"I think we're okay now." Baekhyun coughs, as he pushes himself off of Chanyeol, giving himself room. It's suddenly very hot to him. Chanyeol nods nervously, looking around. Trees surround them everywhere, and for a second, he thinks he's in a horrible horror movie. It's almost pitch black and the demented giggling can still heard far off in the distance. Chanyeol shudders before reaching for Baekhyun, purely on instinct.

Baekhyun holds his hand without question, before closing his eyes, hoping to send a mental signal to his family. He knows he's still on his family's territory, so that must mean his home was somewhere nearby. He begins walking and Chanyeol follows without question. Chanyeol cringes in fear when he takes each step, crunching leaves loudly in the process. Beside him, Baekhyun is walking silently.

"Why..Why do you think it started chasing us?" Chanyeol asks as quietly as possible. "Why did you choose to run into the woods instead?"

"I don't know. Spirits and entities are unpredictable." Baekhyun replied back. "We couldn't lead them inside the house. They would choose to 'haunt' there. So we have to hurry before it finds us again."

Chanyeol nods at the new information before breathing in shakily. Baekhyun doesn't miss it.

Silence falls between the two, and Chanyeol wants to say something to end it but he doesn't. Baekhyun makes no attempt to say anything either and is more focused on the sounds and movements around him. He promised himself he would keep Chanyeol safe, and he was absolutely not going to have a poltergiest hurt him.

Giggling echos through the air again, making the two freeze mid-step. Chanyeol cowers behind Baekhyun nervously and shuts his eyes. Baekhyun is perfectly still, watching for the white smoke to appear. When it does, it flies through the air playfully before settling directly in front of them, smiling. It takes the body of a pretty young girl, with a innocent smile, but Baekhyun knows looks can decieve.

"Boo~" It sings, which makes Baekhyun's eye twitch in agitation. Chanyeol opens one eye to look at the girl. She looks familiar to him but again he can't pinpoint where from. Chanyeol can't control himself when he jumps in surprise as she leans over to smile at him. The smile looks too forced and too terrifying.

"Hello, human." She greets him. Her voice rings a bell inside of Chanyeol's head.

"Go away." Baekhyun growls. The girl laughs and spins playfully, showing Baekhyun that she isn't one bit afraid of him.

"Oh, but I have a score to settle with you." She said with a smile.

"What score?" Baekhyun asked, hand curling into a fist.

"Oh, you see, my master was going to make a meal of that human of yours," She points to Chanyeol. "But you came and hurt him. I can't let that go, you see."

Baekhyun quickly turns around to Chanyeol, who looks petrified. He suddenly remembers the pretty boy that did indeed try to make dinner out of Chanyeol, and he had only beat him up because the beast within him willed for it.

"He's mine," Baekhyun suddenly says, eyes glowing blood red. She just smiles, though Baekhyun is beginning to growl like a mad animal.

"You've marked him, sure. But that doesn't stop me from doing this," She vanishes for a mere second before reappearing by Chanyeol, pushing him to the ground. He gasps as she crawls ontop of him, grabbing him by the neck. Baekhyun tries to peel her off but his hands go right through her.

Chanyeol chokes for air as she clenches his neck and he sees Baekhyun struggling to push the girl off. The taller thrashes under her but she doesn't seem to move no matter how much she's being pushed off. Baekhyun's eyes are the only things Chanyeol can see vividly as his sight is slowly blurring into blackness. He struggles for air, and just before he blacks out completely he hears a guttural, monstrous roar.

~~~

Luhan had already seen the trouble Baekhyun and Chanyeol had met in the woods, and he had no other choice but to dash back into the ballroom, with Sehun at his heels, to find some type of help.

He first informed his Grandfather, who had immediatly asked for a team to get ready for Baekhyun's return. Though Luhan knew that Baekhyun was quite the fighter himself, he knew that vampires were useless against spirits like the poltergiest. He knew Baekhyun would not be able to fend for himself or Chanyeol with something like that. Spirits were indeed unpredictable and technically unstoppable. Sure, exorcism helped but it could cause anger among the entities, making the situation even more difficult. Especially since they were in the territory of vampires, exorcism would be considered too much of a drastic measure.

The party seemed to stop, overhearing that the famous family heir was now missing with some type of spirit that was threatening to cause trouble.

"Can't you go help them?" Sehun had asked, loud enough to be heard over the family's panic for their heir. Luhan shook his head and explained how useless he, himself, would be. He quickly pushed away the people that were scrambling near them before looking for the only person who he knew could help.

"Jongdae!"

~~~

A creature with bulky limbs, ripped clothes, and a roar that puts any other beast to shame, races toward the struggling Baekhyun, and once the vampire sees it, he moves out of the way, almost immediatly. The creature is terrifying up close, with skin of an odd gray and hair with abnormal bright color. Baekhyun knows who it is, even though the change is something he doesn't see everyday.

Baekhyun watches without remorse as the bulky creature tackles the poltergiest off Chanyeol, before pounding it with it's fists, smothering it down until it was nothing but silver dust on the green grass. It's moves are fast but steady on it's target and it doesn't stop until it's absolutely sure the poltergiest is really nothing but dust. It pants loudly from it's running before roaring in victory. Baekhyun gives it a nod of thanks before turning to Chanyeol. Baekhyun quickly lifts Chanyeol's torso up, smacking his cheeks, but fails to wake him up. He presses a hand to the human's chest, hoping there's still heart beat.

Baekhyun is beyond relieved to feel a faint but steady beat.

He sighs and completly falls to his knees. He doesn't even realize he's shaking until someone lays a hand on his shoulder. He looks up at Jongdae, no longer in his beast mode, who is smiling down at him. His clothes are beyond repair, but he shrugs it off when Baekhyun begins to say his thanks and apologies.

"No problem," Jongdae grins. "You owe me a new tux though."

Baekhyun can't help from laughing.

~~~

Chanyeol sputters as he wakes up, a sudden rush of air filling his lungs shakes him awake. He gasps, feeling as if he's died and suddenly been resurrected. He grips whatever is around him, which was bedsheets. He frantically looks around him, looking at the machine attached to him and the familiar furniture surrounding him. An air mask is strapped to his face, filling his nostrils with air, but he wants it off. A soft, small hand stops him before he could.

"You're finally awake." The voice sighs, and Chanyeol recognizes it as Byun Baekhyun's. He forces himself to get up but Baekhyun pushes him back down. "Don't get up, let me fix the machines first."

Chanyeol obeys as Baekhyun rummages through the drawers and takes out a remote. He shifts the machines and even takes off the air mask for Chanyeol. Chanyeol doesn't miss the chance to breath in the air. He then presses one of the buttons that shifts Chanyeol up.

"You're in my room, so don't worry too much. I didn't want to transfer you to a hospital that was miles away so I asked my grandmother to do this." Baekhyun explained. When Chanyeol opened his mouth to say something back, Baekhyun pressed a finger to his lips.

"Your throat isn't in a good condition, so I don't think it'll be a good idea to speak."  Again, Chanyeol obeys and keeps his mouth shut. Baekhyun quietly takes a seat on the armchair Chanyeol hadn't seen by the bed.

"I was so worried," Baekhyun said. "That poltergiest is gone, forever, thanks to Jongdae."

Chanyeol manages a nod. He stares up at the ceiling forcing down a gulp. What exactly happened when he was out?

"You should rest," Baekhyun suggests, to which Chanyeol nods his head to agree. He shuts his eyes quickly, though he wants to talk to Baekhyun, just a little bit more. He stays self conscious for awhile, knowing that Baekhyun is sitting there watching him sleep. He tries to calm his breathing (and his heart) but he can't tell if it's working.

"I just don't know what would've happened if Jongdae didn't get there in time.." He heard Baekhyun say quietly. He gulps thickly, feeling pain in his neck temporarly. "I'll try to protect you better."

Chanyeol pretends not to hear.

 

 

===

A/N

YAY Hello guys~

I hope today's update was okay.

I really wanted to thank you guys again for subbing, upvoting, and commenting on (or just reading!) this fic. I am so glad that you guys like it and will continue to do so.

I also wanted to know if any of you have IG because I'm very active there as @kpopcookie55. I really do appreciate everything, and will try my hardest to make this interesting <3

Love you guys and see you guys in the next one~!