...

Bloody Love

To say Baekhyun's home was big is a huge understandment.

Baekhyun's house was indeed a mansion, a few stories high, and had the tall victorian haunted mansion vibe going on. It looked old, and was placed ontop of a large hill, hidden in the countryside. Mostly everybody was there, excluding Minseok and Yixing, who stayed back at the school campus.

The group of males woke up especially early to catch the train there, then grabbing the bus, and then calling for a few taxis.

Baekhyun was quite relaxed at the oh's and awe's of his house (he's used to it already) but he finds Chanyeol's excited and amazed face cute when they walk up to the front door. He smiles secretly at the sight, before looking up. It's a huge dark colored door, with large metal rings in the center. Luhan lifts it up with ease and slams it down firmly, three times.

"When you guys come inside, please don't get too excited okay. Especially you, Jongdae, my grandfather is still upset with you breaking that one vase." Baekhyun said as he waited for the door to open up. Jongdae scoffed while Jongin and Luhan laughed.

"How was I supposed to know that there was only two in the whole wide world!?" He exclaimed. "It was hideous anyway."

"What happened last time?" Chanyeol asked before Sehun could. Kyungsoo lifted his head up from his book, which he happens to bring with him everywhere, and replied:

"Jongdae was really jumpy that day and decided to run through Baekhyun's Grandfather's collectables room and knocked almost everything over. There was a vase that was made in the late 1700's, which was crafted by this one famous artist, and Jongdae broke it."

Before Chanyeol and Sehun could ask more about the unforturnate event, the door swung open, revealing the inside's of Baekhyun's home. Chanyeol's mouth falls open in awe as he takes a good look around. He admires the marble flooring and plain white walls. They're only in the main room of the house, but he counts six loveseats and two fireplaces on either sides of the room, and the staircase that has ebony banisters.

"Welcome home young master." A man says the moment Baekhyun sets foot through the door. " and master Luhan." He's fairly tall, with a straight posture and welcoming tone.

"Hello to you too." Baekhyun answered back as he gestured his friends in, though they took awhle because they were staring a little bit far too long. "This is Joon, he'll take any thing you might have."

"He's Baekhyun's personal butler. He's been here as long as I can remember." Kris mutters to Chanyeol and Sehun. He hardly said a word on their trip but he greets the butler without formalities.

"Master Baekhyun, your parents and grandparents are very excited to see you and will be happy to hear you've brought a few of your friends." Joon said, smiling. Baekhyun just nodded with a polite smile, and ushered his friends to walk forward, and leads them up the stairs.

"Joon, I'll be hanging out in my bedroom. Inform my family we're just ready for the party." The silver haired vampire said and continued to walk up the stairs after seeing Joon nod in understanding.

"Exactly what type of party is this supposed to be?" Sehun asked. Chanyeol tilts his head as he wants to know too.

"What type do you think? Baekhyun's family is filthy rich and only has the best of everything." Jongdae exclaimed, crossing his arms. He pouts to which Luhan laughs at.

"Stop exaggerating everything."

"Your heritage is going to be the death of you," Kris says with a serious look. Jongdae pouts again. Sehun and Chanyeol stop mid-step before looking curiously at Jongdae.

"He's a troll, and always causing trouble." Jongin and Kyungsoo explains in unison, though Jongdae makes a sound of disapproval. He hates that uptight couple.

"We're here." Baekhyun said harshly, interupting the conversation. He shoves open the dark colored door and reveals his childhood bedroom which was kept neat and very tidy. His room wasn't exactly colorful as the walls and cieling was painted the same gray colour and his furniture was shades of black and white. He had a desktop in the very corner of his bedroom as well as a large bookcase filled with little trinkets. The bed was of a enormous size with blood red sheets.

Chanyeol gulps at the sight.

There's photos in frames on almost every nightstand and table and a certain picture Chanyeol can't help from noticing. It's a picture of a heart, seemingly ripped and cut open but stitched together. He stares, remembering it was also on the invitation when he recieved it.

"It's my family crest." Baekhyun explains, appearing by his side suddenly. "A family scarred and hurt, but always intact and together. "

"Aren't you going to get ready?" Baekhyun then asked, making Chanyeol chuckle nervously. The human didn't want to tell Baekhyun that he really didn't know what to wear or react, especially since he's gotten himself in such a high class situation. He was still a country boy at heart afterall.

"I...I don't think I have the right clothing." He mumbled quietly, just so Baekhyun could hear. Chanyeol blushes a shade of deep red when Baekhyun laughs.

"Don't worry about it! I can help you."

                          ~~~

Baekhyun wasn't sure what to feel when he sees Chanyeol in what he orders Joon to prepare. In a fresh and crisp suit, Chanyeol meets up with him at the main room, where he was patiently waiting when the human left to get measurements for his borrowed clothes. He's grinning and his hair is slicked up and Baekhyun has to disguise his blush and hard breathing. Not to mention the clothes fits his figure perfectly.

He absolutely should not lose his cool up to here.

"You look really nice." Luhan compliments Chanyeol, and Baekhyun can't help but scowl because he wanted to be the first to say so. Chanyeol chuckles and thanks him. Though he feels his neck throb where his marks are, he shakes it away as he follows everybody to wherever Joon was directing to.

When Sehun and Chanyeol step into a large room, they feel as if time was warped.

A large ballroom, the size of a football field, with glittering chandeliers and sparkling marble floors is standing before them. Everyone currently there is wearing large vintage dresses or older versions of the suits the humans are wearing. There's an orchestra and tables of food as well as people dressed like butlers making their away around. Chanyeol gulps when he feels Sehun go rigid beside him. All eyes seemed to go to them.

"Don't worry, here, hold my arm." Luhan says to Sehun with a soft smile. Sehun does as told and grips Luhan's arm. Chanyeol feels left out when Kris and Jongdae go straight to talking to a group of pretty ladies and Jongin and Kyungsoo go towards this other group Chanyeol doesn't recognize. He reaches for Baekhyun's hand immediatly, as if on instinct.

"Are you scared?" He hears Baekhyun ask. Chanyeol reluctantly nods. The small hand he's holding squeezes his, in a reassuring way. Baekhyun would definitely keep him safe, even though he can tell everyone is attracted to the two humans that invaded the room.

"Why is everyone staring.." Chanyeol says quietly.

"Your scent is strong here." Baekhyun explains as he takes a step forward. He resistes the urge to tell Chanyeol that more than half of the people in the ballroom are considering Chanyeol as dinner.

"Wait, are all of these people..?"

"..Yes, they're all vampires."

~~~

Luhan can read every mind in the room and the most he can say is that he's disgusted by the thoughts of the people. He scowls and throws glares at anybody who is looking towards his and Sehun's way. He understands that Sehun is human, which makes his scent irresistible, but he just can't let anybody touch him.

"Luhan?" Sehun says.

"Yes Sehun?"

"People are looking at me like a piece of meat."

Luhan wants to laugh at that, but it was far too real of the truth that it should not be considered a joke.

"It's because you're so handsome." Luhan instead says, and he isn't lying. Sehun blushes pink before mumbling a soft thanks underneath his breath. Luhan smiles this time and gives Sehun a soft pat on the arm.

"You brought dinner? How delightful." Some lady says when Luhan walks by, which makes Sehun freeze up. She just grins innocently but her lustful red eyes says otherwise. Luhan lets out a soft growl and guards Sehun with his body.

"I didn't know the heirs were into fresh blood." She cooes, dragging her fingers against Sehun's chin, but Luhan slaps her away.

"He isn't dinner, neither am I into feeding. Please don't touch my date."

With that, he spins around quickly with Sehun right at his heels.

"I knew this was a bad idea.." Luhan mumbles as he takes a quick look around. He wants to send a mental signal to Baekhyun, tell him to retreat, but Baekhyun is no where to be seen. Instead, Luhan sees his Grandfather, who waves him over happily.

"Hello, Luhan! Have you seen Baekhyun anywhere?" He asked as he smiles. Sehun looks over the man, who looks no older than thirty. He's got a bit of gray hair, but not enough that would make him look like a grandfather. He's got a gentle smile, that reminds him of Luhan and eyes that are bright and full of life.

"No, I've lost him. I was going to ask the same thing." Luhan replied. "I wanted you to meet someone, Grandfather. This is Oh Sehun."

The man looks Sehun over, which makes Sehun feel odd and nervous all at once. He doesn't even dare to wipe the bead of sweat that's forming on his temple, nor the itch at his neck. He gulps and wants to take a step back instead of reaching for a handshake.

"He's a bit nervous," The Grandfather says. "Luhan, you shouldn't have brought him. I thought the smell was a trick of my mind, but this, how could you even think of bringing him here? Does he know?"

"Yes, he knows." Though Luhan grows silent, he's looking at his Grandfather as if they're having a conversation with their eyes, which they don't want Sehun to hear. The grandfather looks at Sehun several times before rubbing his temples in, perhaps, frustration. Sehun opens his mouth to ask them what's wrong but he doesn't get to as the Grandfather speaks.

"Mr.Sehun." He calls, which makes Sehun flinch. "Luhan tells me that you're very important to him, and I will need to look into it so would you care to stay a few nights, just for the sake of my little Luhan?" He asks kindly, and Sehun does not refuse. Luhan is grinning beside him, and he feels himself smile as well.

If it's for Luhan, anything is fine with him.

~~~

"What's this?" Chanyeol asks as Baekhyun leads him outside, in the fresh late afternoon air. The sun is in plain view, though there is a cluster of trees in Baekhyun's backyard garden. There's a large pavilion in the center of it all as well as several gazebos scattered here and there. They're walking around the green garden, probably circling repeatedly, but it's so peaceful, and neither of them want to break that tranquility.

"It's my family ceremony center." Baekhyun explains. He wanted fresh air, and he's sure Chanyeol wanted out of the ballroom, especially since everyone was looking at him with hunger. Baekhyun thinks this is, by far, his worst idea ever. Protect Chanyeol from dozens of vampires? Was that really possible? What was he really going to achieve?

"What type of ceremonies?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun looks at the buildings, imagining the things that happen there. Lots of things take place there, and Baekhyun doesn't think Chanyeol is quite ready to know that yet. He doesn't want Chanyeol to fear such a place.

"Lots of different types." Baekhyun simply says. "Like coming of age, or stuff like that."

Chanyeol seems to understand and nods slowly. He steps onto one of the gazebos, seeing that Baekhyun's family crest is engraved on the base.

"My crest is very important to my family, so they feel the need to mark everything they own. Some of my family members have tattoos, accessories, rugs, stuff like that, all printed with the crest." Baekhyun explains. "You get to have a permanent mark at your coming of age ceremony."

"Do you have it?" Chanyeol asks. Baekhyun smiles and shakes his head.

"My coming of age is near though. I will be considered an 'adult' after that."

After the sacrifice.

"Anything special happen after that?" Chanyeol asks, genuinely curious at the certain ceremony. He finds it very interesting.

"Sometimes you get special powers, it depends on blood." Baekhyun shrugs. He has never particularly liked the coming of age ceremony. Vampire children were never allowed to see it. He had heard it was excruciating experiance and he wished he didn't have to do it.

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol asked curiously. "Don't you already have powers?"

"Yes, but those are basic. They're just enhanced senses, and mind reading is just a plus. Sure, mine is not as advanced as Luhan's, but it does not compare to the powers you recieve when becoming a full on 'adult'. I don't age anymore than that."

"You're going to look like this forever!?" Chanyeol then cries, which causes Baekhyun to jump in surprise. The human looks at him in amazement, and begins poking at him.

"That sounds so cool, looking like a teen for the rest of your life." Chanyeol grins. Baekhyun just shakes his head at the comment. Though he might not age, that was couldn't be considered a plus, even to him.

"Wow, your life sounds so amazing." Chanyeol sighs, but Baekhyun wants to disagree. He doesn't find anything cool with being a vampire nor having powers that unbalance the nature of the world. It's his life, and it's normal. What's so good about it?

"Baekhyun!" The vampire and human hear someone call. Baekhyun turns to see Luhan and Sehun waving, and calling them in. He doesn't realize he and Chanyeol had walked so far off into the wood, so he waves back, gesturing they'd be in soon. He turns to grab Chanyeol's hand, attempting to bring the giant back but Chanyeol was looking deep into the wood, as if something was there. His mouth his open in shock and his feet won't move.

"Chanyeol, what's wrong?" Baekhyun asks as he tugs Chanyeol, but Chanyeol seems to be in a frozen state and instead lifts a hand to point at something, that Baekhyun can't seem to see. He squints really hard, looking out into the darkening woods. A mist forms and dances around in the air, before forming into a small little girl with long locks and a innocent smile. One word goes off in Baekhyun's mind.

Poltergeist.

=====

A/N

Yay~ hi guys~ so let me first start off by saying that this fic is recieving a lot more love and support than I could ever hope for and I really appreciate everybody who's commented, upvoted, and subscribed (and my ghost readers too!). I cannot express how happy it makes me feel. You guys are all so lovely!

I know my writing is completely crappy and doesn't make any sense, but I love how you guys stayed for so long. I am really trying to improve as much as I can.

ALSO, this story is longer than what I had in mind, but there will be later okay? (My silly ert readers are so excited)

Thanks again and see you guys in the next chapter!