...

Bloody Love

The sounds of trains roar loud in the train station, and the distinct voices of chattering people fill Baekhyun's ears like a constant buzz. He pouts his lips out in impatience and watched as people pass by him in a rather rushed pace. The sun was bright today and Baekhyun didn't forget to bring his sunglasses, which was clipped on his short V-neck t-shirt. His silver hair flew with the gentle breeze and his backpack lay on the ground beside him.

"Where is he?" Baekhyun asked himself, searching around. He caught no sight of the person he was waiting for, and half worried whether or not he had forgotten.

"Hey Baekhyun!" A voice screeched at him.

Baekhyun looked up and saw a figure run up to him, panting. Baekhyun smiled shyly and watched as the male ran a hand through his messy hair.

"Hi Chanyeol."

~~~

[The day before.]

"What? Change in plans?" Jongdae repeated, looking at Baekhyun with curious eyes.

"Yeah, would it be okay to go stalking with you another time? I was hoping I could use your tickets for something else." Baekhyun explained, playing with a leaf as Jongdae continued his spying.

"What did you have in mind?" Jongdae asked.

"Well, you see... Chanyeol lives in the countryside and your tickets go directly there and--"

"You want to let Chanyeol go visit his hometown." Jongdae said, finishing Baekhyun's sentence before the vampire could even finish it. Baekhyun nodded vigorously and pouted.

"Please Jongdae? Just this once!" Baekhyun pleaded. Jongdae put a hand to his chin, in thought. "I promise I'll go with you to follow Minseok next time."

"Well...." Jongdae began to say. He saw Baekhyun pleading with his pretty eyes and smirked. "I don't know Baekhyun, maybe if you begged a little more, we could come to a decision." Jongdae teased.

Baekhyun's cute pout turned into a murderous scowl. Jongdae waved his hands with a nervous smile. 

"I was just playing Baekhyun! Take it easy!"

When it seemed Baekhyun had calmed down, Jongdae watched as Minseok and his friends began to get up and move closer. The caramel haired troll shoved Baekhyun's head down to duck from view. He heard the boy beside him hiss, but ignored it.

"Minseokkie," A voice said; to which Jongdae frowned at, "Are you still free tomorrow? We'd still love to have you at the party." 

Jongdae furrowed his eyebrows and put a finger to his lips when Baekhyun gave him a glance.  

"Oh.. No. I actually want to stay home. I've got some... Stuff to finish before it's due." They believed the auburn haired boy reply back. There was some sounds of disappointment before they began to continue.

"Aww. Well, next time then." 

Baekhyun and Jongdae heard footsteps come closer then fade away within a minute, telling them they had gone. The duo breathed out a sigh they both did not know they were holding.

"So... I guess that answers my request." Baekhyun said, getting up and dusting off his shorts. "You have no use for the tickets anymore."

When Jongdae gave him a sad look, Baekhyun sighed before reaching a hand out to help the troll up.

"Don't look so down. There will be a next time to stalk him." Baekhyun said. He laughed when Jongdae punched him in the arm.

"I'm not stalking him. I'm merely going to turn up at places that he just so happened to be." Jongdae shrugged, smiling. Baekhyun laughed again and nudged his shoulder.

"Whatever makes you happy, you dumb troll."

~~~

And as Baekhyun planned it, he had asked Park Chanyeol to go with him. The giant was hard to convince because he really didn't want to "impose" (though he was secretly happy it was canceled) but Baekhyun insisted.

"Jongdae had something else to do, and let me have the train tickets. Better to use them." He had said. After what was like forever, Chanyeol agreed. 

The sudden turn of events led to Baekhyun getting on a train with Chanyeol.

"Jongdae really doesn't mind..?" Chanyeol asked as they took their seat. Baekhyun shook his head and smiled softly at the other. Chanyeol blushed and looked down to his knees, hiding his silly grin. They rode in silence before an elderly lady was right in front of the two, packed in between men and women.

"Ah, would you like to take my seat?" Chanyeol asked the lady, immediately getting up for her. She didn't have enough time to even refuse before Chanyeol grabbed her gently and guided her into his seat. She gave him a thankful smile as she settled on the spot, and Baekhyun could tell the old woman was tired by the way she sighed as she sat. Baekhyun glanced up at Chanyeol, who stood in front of him, hanging onto the train's handle bars. He smiled at the black haired giant, and then felt a gentle tap on his shoulder.

"Your friend here is very kind." The lady said, smiling at Baekhyun with aged but happy eyes. Baekhyun smiled and nodded his head in agreement. Chanyeol stood there with no complaints, and swayed as the train moved. His feet began to hurt after about 30 minutes in the train but he said nothing. He looked down to say something to Baekhyun, but saw that the latter was playing with his phone and the elderly woman's head on his shoulder. The silver haired male must've felt Chanyeol's eyes and looked up quickly.

"She fell asleep," He said, looking at the woman. "I'd switch with you but.."

"It's okay Baekhyun."

Chanyeol smiled and Baekhyun's heart began to pound in his chest, making him blush and look away.

The vampire let himself slowly fall for that beautiful smile.

~~~

"I'm so sorry I fell asleep! I've been exhausted these days!" 

Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun smiled at the old woman before telling her it was alright for the nth time. When the two had arrived at their stop, it just so happened to be where the lady was also getting off. She bowed again before bidding them good bye and leaving the two to their own devices.

"So, what's the plan?" Chanyeol asked, adjusting his backpack on his shoulder. Baekhyun shrugged and bit his lip. He really didn't know if he should tell Chanyeol that he hoped to bring Chanyeol to his hometown, just for the sake of his happiness.

He honestly didn't know what had come over him to have thought of a plan like this.

"We can grab something to eat or..." Chanyeol's voice began to trail off as the voices of the train station began to increase in volume. Baekhyun, with his hypersentive senses could have picked up what he was saying easily, but found himself getting immersed in Chanyeol's body movement as they walked. Chanyeol walked not in strides but in little tiny foot steps, he looked around nervously often, and he shuffled along with the crowd, almost unaware of where the crowd of people were taking him. 

He might have or might not have looked like an idiot, staring so intently at the other so carefully, and had not seen the cement piller right in front of him.

"ACK!"

Chanyeol stifled a small laugh as he caught the flailing Baekhyun before he hit the ground.

"Now look who's not looking where they're going." he chuckled, oblivious to Baekhyun's embarrassed blush. When Baekhyun was steadied completely on his feet, he folded his arms in embarassment and hoped to will away the burning sensation in his arm where Chanyeol had caught him.

It was as if Chanyeol had fire on his fingertips.

"Y-You said that you lived around here right?" Baekhyun asked when they had stopped at a information stand. Chanyeol nodded as he flipped through some maps. "We can do whatever you feel like... You must know this place better than me."

Chanyeol's ears seemed to perk up at this and smiled at Baekhyun.

"I know what you're doing Baekhyun." He said, smiling brightly. Baekhyun's face flushed before he stuttered.

"W-What do you mean?"

"You asked me to go here, knowing I lived here, because I missed my hometown." Chanyeol explained nonchalantly. "You're quite easy yet hard to read." he added, not noticing Baekhyun turning to stone next to him.

"I figured it out while you were asking me to go with you instead of going on a date with Jongdae." He smiled again, and this time Baekhyun felt his insides melt. "You're so nice Baekhyun."

Byun Baekhyun blinked stupidly before suddenly turning around and crossing his arms dramatically.

"W-Well, t-that wasn't.. I.. You weren't s-supposed to know...!" He stuttered and he cursed at himself for making incoheret words tumble out of his mouth. When the vampire heard deep voiced laughing behind him, he turned to see Chanyeol laughing with his eyes closed in mirth. Baekhyun's stomach flip flopped before he could even open his mouth to ask him why he was laughing.

When the two left the busy train station, they decided to go visit a candy shop, because by a slight coincidence they both liked sweet things. It seemed they had both turned back into five years old when they set foot inside the cavity infested store. Afterward, Baekhyun finally asked Chanyeol,

"Where do you live?"

Park Chanyeol was lost in thought as he stared at his shoes as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. He kicked at the gravel before answering.

"We're heading there, don't worry. I want to visit a few places first."

Baekhyun didn't reply back and just nodded in response. Of course Chanyeol knew where he was going. Baekhyun said nothing as he and Chanyeol went from place to place, observing from outside the windows of shops. At last, Chanyeol entered a very small shop, full of antiques.

"Chanyeol? What are you getting from here?" Baekhyun asked, eyeing the things around him skeptically. Chanyeol on the other hand was looking around with interest. He was picking things up repeatingly, as if inspecting them.

"Hello ma'am." He said to the elderly lady at the cashier. She smiled in return, and nodded, telling him she saw them. Baekhyun turned his head. "Chanyeol?"

A loud "AHA." was heard from deeper inside the store. Baekhyun ducked his head as he sped towards the sound. The taller male stood in between glass cases filled with sparkling jewelry and he held up a golden necklace that gleamed brilliantly.

"I want to get this for my mom." He announced, brushing by Baekhyun to pay for it. Baekhyun followed and watched as Chanyeol brought the gold necklace to the cashier. The lady in the front was happy to see them buying something and Baekhyun continued to watch as she typed on the cash register. He was almost surprised to see a high price pop up.

"Oh..." The vampire heard the other sigh. 

And before the lady could even realize it, Baekhyun opened his mouth.

"I'll pay for it!!!" Baekhyun blurted out, snatching the amulet from Chanyeol's grasp. The human didn't even get to say anything as Baekhyun shoved money into the lady's hand willingly and without a second thought.

"Come on, Chanyeol!" Baekhyun said. grabbing Chanyeol's hand and pulling him out from the shop.  The taller male was shocked to say the least that Baekhyun was that quick to pay for something like that.

"Baekhyun- wait-- I'll pay you back--"

"No need." Baekhyun simply said. "We have to get this to your mom right now before the day wastes away!" 

Before the vampire was about to drag Chanyeol away, Chanyeol gently pulled on Baekhyun's wrist to stop him. The surprised vampire looked up at Chanyeol in surprise.

"Is there something wrong Chanyeol?"

"No.." Chanyeol breathed quietly. "I.. I just.. I just wanted to say thank you."

 

 

===

A/N

I haven't updated in so long ;-;

In a year to be exact..

//laughs at lame joke//

Anyway, my internet is not being very friendly, and Idk when the next update will be done. Thanks for your patience, and see you in the next one!

Happy New Year~