...

Bloody Love

Byun Baekhyun was a vampire. He was born a vampire and always will be. No one could change that about him.

The movies got it all wrong; vampires weren't as malicious as stories would tell them to be. They were just different  in the eyes of regular people. They were mysterious creatures along with so many other people from different realms.

Many stories bring out the horror within these amazing creatures, which they find highly offensive in a way. The creatures wanted as much peace as humans did so they hid themselves for the sake of their own kind. 

Now most of you don't know, but these mysterious, glorious creatures are amongst us. They just haven't shown themselves to you yet.

~~~

It was a rather warm day on the first day back to school for Baekhyun. He didn't really hate the sun but sometimes it made his skin burn and itch. Baekhyun groaned as he flipped onto his side, which was much much cooler. It wasn't long until he heard the scamper of footsteps coming up the wooden stairs. Baekhyun threw his blanket over his head to stay hidden from the person who was about to barge through his door.

"Baekhyun~! Wake up!!" A certain voice trilled. Now if Baekhyun hadn't liked his bubbly cousin Luhan, Baekhyun would have punched the blondie in the face already. Baekhyun groaned once again and rose slowly from his comfy bed. The sun shined past the dark colored curtains and seamed through the small cracks, lighting up the room just barely.

Standing across from Baekhyun was Luhan who was sipping on a blood pack that was almost half empty. The sight made Baekhyun's stomach growl. Baekhyun rubbed at his eyes as Luhan ushered him out of bed and into the bathroom to wash up. Oh how Baekhyun hated mornings. But today was an exception.

The New Bloods were coming in today.

"Good morning.." Baekhyun heard someone mumble as he made his way to the kitchen. Wearing only gym shorts and a tank, a dark skinned male sat staring sleepily at the table.

"Morning Wolfie." Baekhyun said back. The other male, Kim Jongin, glared at him instantly because he took that offensively. Jongin was a werewolf and did not like puppy jokes at all.

"Shut up Baekhyun. Today was turning out perfectly."  Jongin grumbles as Baekhyun took the seat next to him. Baekhyun nodded in response and sprawled himself upon the table, awaiting for his breakfast. No sooner was a cool red pack placed in his hand by Jongin's mate, Kyungsoo.

Yes, Baekhyun had chosen to dorm with werewolves. He and Jongin were friends since childhood. The thing about vampires and werewolves being immortal enemies were wrong. The two beasts could be friendly with one another if they really wanted to. If they didn't, however, things would only end up a bloody mess with bodies without heads.

"New Bloods are coming today! How exciting!" Kyungsoo said as he reheated chicken for Jongin to eat. Luhan who had bounded from the stairs agreed with him instantly.

"It's be so nice to see all the new people and meet them!"

Baekhyun and Jongin smiled softly as the two made the only conversation in the early morning.Baekhyun sipped on his blood pack quietly as the two spoke about the upcoming New Bloods. New Bloods were just what the monsters called new students. It was the same as calling freshmen: freshmeat.

As they got ready to go to their school, dressed freshly in the red checkered uniform, Baekhyun looked out the window to see his fellow monsters exiting their homes. Each house was built for about 4-5 people and so many creatures lurked in the campus streets. Baekhyun sighed heavily because it was yet another year of boring education and another year of hiding.

"Baek, come on, let's go!" Luhan urged him out the door and into the morning sunlight. Baekhyun hisses silently and put a hand over his silver colored hair. He fished out his sunglasses and put them over his eyes.

The air was fresh and crisp and Baekhyun breathed it in with a heavy sigh. The human stench was in the air. The air was filled with the scents of monsters and humans alike and sometimes it bothered Baekhyun to the bone. He should have drank another blood pack before leaving.

They united with some friends and chatted as they walked pass the assembly grounds where lines and lines of people were standing and listening to the Principal drone on and on about the school. Baekhyun had never seen them before, for they were New Bloods, but there was someone who caught his eye unexpectingly. A tall male who loomed before all others.

He is really tall, Baekhyun thought.

Baekhyun shook his thought away and continued to walk on and into the second assembly area where the assistant principal was telling her own 'beginning of the year' speech. The assistant principal was a vampire like Baekhyun and was one of the few people who thought monsters and humans could go to school together. Her husband, the Principal, thought that too and funded this prestigious school for both humans and monsters. It was quite the shame however that the human population of the school did not know they  shared the same classes with such creatures.

Baekhyun yawned as the principal assistant wrapped up her speech and told everyone to attend their home room classes at once. It was already a given that Baekhyun shared the same home room as Kyungsoo and only had to follow the brunet to get there.

The school was very modern with a little castle renaissance twist to it which made some monsters feel very at home. It was high class and it made human students feel like they were part of some type of elite club. To Baekhyun, it just felt like school.

Kyungsoo seated himself in the front while Baekhyun seated himself in the back. 

The best sleeping place,  He thought. 

He was far enough from the window so he wouldn't burn and was close enough to the door to leave as quick as possible. He liked that the seat wasn't taken.

"Good morning!" Someone sang as they walked through the door. By the voice, Baekhyun's ears perked up slightly, because only one person had that gleeful voice.

"Jongdae!" Kyungsoo yelped from the front of the classroom. "You're back from your trip?" 

Kim Jongdae smiled and nodded. His eyes lifted and found Baekhyun staring right at him. Jongdae made his way toward the silver haired vampire and grinned widely as he took the seat next to Baekhyun.

"How's it going Baekhyun?" He asked right away. For the first time in that morning, Baekhyun smiled.

"Good. How was your trip?"  Baekhyun asked. It had been forever since seeing his friend who had gone on a trip to see his family. Jongdae was gone all summer and not once called his friends. It was only natural Baekhyun liked to hear from him.

"Amazing! I've got some gifts for you back at the dorms so I'll give it to you afterwards." Jongdae said happily with a wide grin. 

Believe it or not, Jongdae was a rare creature. He was a troll. He liked to play pranks on people and his kind were sneaky little monsters that always found ways to slip away from trouble, even though they may have caused it. Trolls had abnormal streaks of colored hair that were purely natural at birth, and Jongdae's was a beautiful golden color. But he wanted to look normal and dyed it a dirty brown. 

"Excited for the New Bloods today?" Baekhyun asked the grinning troll. Jongdae nodded and gave Baehyun an expectant look as if asking him the same question. Baekhyun just shrugged the same time the bell rang.

It was only natural that the entire home room was filled with mythical creatures, and even the teacher was inhuman. It felt safer that way. There was nothing to hide if there was no human in the room to witness anything.

"Hello! Sorry I'm late!" Came a voice as deep as hell itself. Baekhyun froze for a moment, as did everyone else, to watch a lanky figure come through the door. The male that came in was the one Baekhyun saw before, the one who loomed above other students like a skyscraper.

The classroom could not hold in their gasps as the male introduced himself as Chanyeol and told everyone he would be in this class. 

Not even Baekhyun could stop his body from being alarmed because the moment Chanyeol had walked in, there was this blast of human scent that got Baekhyun's heart stopping and his throat running completely dry. 

The teacher looked flabbergasted, she probably didn't know a human would be in her class full of monsters.

"Take a seat anywhere." She said to Chanyeol.

And Baekhyun really regretted choosing his seat because there was only three places to sit. One: next to a vampire who threw his legs on the other chair so there was no way Chanyeol could sit there. Two: Near Kyungsoo who looked scared out of his wits and Three: right next to Baekhyun who looked completely normal.

Who wouldn't  pick the seat next to someone who looked like he didn't mind.

Chanyeol plopped down next to Baekhyun and Baekhyun got an overload whiff of Chanyeol's scent which made him   cover his mouth because his throat was still dry as sandpaper.

Baekhyun has smelt human scent all the time but never has his body reacted like this. Baekhyun was practically seeing stars dance around as the scent only got stronger.

Baekhyun closed his eyes tightly and prayed that everything would be over.