...

Bloody Love

Maybe bringing Chanyeol to his hometown wasn't such a bad idea.

Baekhyun learned many things about Chanyeol while scrolling the streets of the small little town, and met people who seemed to recognize Chanyeol with only a glance. He was extremely friendly, and all smiles, as if he just radiated happiness. 

But bringing Chanyeol might've also not been a good idea.

Though it wasn't quite noticeable before, Baekhyun had grown to become so hungry that regular human food just couldn't appease him. He tried his best to swallow down his gag reflex of his perched throat, and will away the constant itch of the sunlight hitting his skin. But he would only grow more sensitive as the day grew on.

And as Baekhyun grew more sensitive, the more he became uncontrollable towards the male he walked side by side with. The vampire had almost forgotten what the taller male could do to him, and he was almost afraid what he would do if he didn't quench his hunger fast enough.

But Luhan had prepared him for this.

Luhan was a clever and prepared type of person, and had prepared Baekhyun his "drinks"  just in case his experimental hypothesis was slightly incorrect. The blonde had assumed that spending time with their odd new friends could help them ease their painful type of hunger, which only worked for a matter of days, but he didn't quite think the urge would manifest their bodies again. He was very keen on the possibility, and hoped to make sure Baekhyun wouldn't expose himself to Chanyeol.

So, Baekhyun drank to his thermos, and Chanyeol barely noticed how Baekhyun gulped it down, as if he hadn't drank in days. After all, all the walking around wasn't helping.

"Chanyeol, it's almost late afternoon, when will we go see your family?" Baekhyun asked, wiping away a bead of sweat that was forming on his forehead. He swallowed and almost cringed when his throat burned back in fury. Baekhyun hoped Chanyeol would go see his family, that was his sole purpose of the trip, but it seemed Chanyeol was just stalling for time.

And stalling for time wasn't really Baekhyun's thing. He wanted so much for Chanyeol to go see his parents, so they could return to the dorm campus and Baekhyun could eat/drink to his heart's content. But Baekhyun's mind said to patient with the male beside him so he obeyed.

"Do you want this? Or this? Or maybe this?" Chanyeol had asked, which seemed to be the exact same conversation he had with Baekhyun at the previous stores. Baekhyun just shook his head at the sparkly dangly charm that was shown before him.

"Chanyeol, I don't want anything." Baekhyun said, looking at Chanyeol's eyes that were darting everywhere for something.

"But.. But I want to thank you. I need to buy you something!" Chanyeol protested, picking things up and showing them to Baekhyun, in hopes the smaller with accept his potential gift. Baekhyun was star struck for a moment for Chanyeol's thoughtfulness before shaking his head again.

"What I really want is for you to see your parents before the day ends!" Baekhyun says crossing his arms. The taller male was quiet for awhile before he nodded and put down whatever it seemed he was holding. They slowly went to the door and out to the afternoon air.

"Their supermarket should just be around the corner." Baekhyun heard Chanyeol mumble say under his breath. He nodded and walked along silently. The vampire contemplates whether or not he should have shouted at the other; he hadn't meant to. Something deep within him hurts before he shrugs it away.

Just like Chanyeol said, a small supermarket was just around the corner and it looked slightly vacant. A couple had just walked in before the two did, and when Baekhyun looked around some more, he saw a few people their age buying snacks. Upon entering the door, Chanyeol froze next to Baekhyun, and he looked as if he saw something absolutely amazing and breathtaking.

When Baekhyun looked up, he saw a woman with bright eyes and radiant smile. There was no mistake that, that woman was Chanyeol's mother, and Baekhyun could feel it.

"I... I'll wait while you speak with her." Baekhyun mumbled quietly, walking to the side of the store and looking interested in the bags of chips on the shelves. 

But instead of looking at the bag, his eyes lifted to Chanyeol who still stood at the door. The other was just staring st his mother, as if he hadn't seen her in years. Baekhyun wonders if he feels like that.

"..Mom?" Baekhyun could barely hear Chanyeol  whisper.

To Baekhyun, the scene was in slow motion then fast forwarded as the woman turned and nearly sprang into Chanyeol's arms. It seemed like a cut from a drama or tv show Baekhyun couldn't remember watching. It happened so fast  yet so slow, and the next thing Baekhyun saw was the both of them sobbing. He felt dreadfully out of place then, as he watched from behind the chip shelf.

"Oh Chanyeol~ look at you!" His mother cried, pinching his cheeks while tears formed in her eyes. Chanyeol let his mother pinch his cheeks, his hair, hug him tightly and let her kiss him, though he was full grown, and he should've hated the feeling but he loved it more. He felt like a kid again, and he really missed his mother. Their waterworks of tears only increased as Chanyeol saw his father appear from the back of the store, and watched wide eyed at the scene. 

Byun Baekhyun just continued to hide with the various chip shelves and shuffled his feet awkwardly. The vampire watched as the family chatted through tears and the parents cooed adoringly at their son. Baekhyun might've been standing there for possibly half an hour, listening in on conversation, and peeking discreetly from behind the shelf, but there was something inside of himself that felt very happy for Chanyeol. He was happy he decided to do this for Chanyeol. 

Why, Chanyeol? He began asking himself. Baekhyun became wide eyed as he heard someone shout his name, numerous times (he assumes), as he stares blankly at a bag of spicy chips. 

".. Baekhyun? " he hears. The silver haired  male turns this time, and only sees Chanyeol staring at him with a look of concern. His parents;  a look that makes Baekhyun think he just grew some type of plant on his head. 

"Y-Yes?" He says, the sound getting caught in his throat. Chanyeol smiles handsomely before beckoning him over. 

"Come meet my parents." Chanyeol says, smiling down to his parents now. At first, Baekhyun freezes like a deer in headlights, before shuffling his way over, awkwardly. 

"You're the one to thank for bringing our Chanyeol..?" Chanyeol's mother asks, her voice so  soft that Baekhyun barely registers she's talking to him. 

"I- I uh.." Baekhyun stammered, before giving a jerky and terrified glance towards Chanyeol that screamed for help. Chanyeol only seemed to chuckle to himself before looking at his mom. 

"Yes Mom, it was his idea to come here. He was really set on bringing me home." Chanyeol said with a bright smile. Baekhyun could only force his lips into a tight smile as Chanyeol's parents looked at him. 

Though Byun Baekhyun had been stared at for many times in his life, he had never felt so antsy before that it was almost giving him a headache. When Chanyeol's parents asked to stay for lunch, Baekhyun felt like he might burst. 

"Oh gods no," he mentally sighed  to himself and the jittery, yet happy feeling bubbling in his stomach. 

~~~

===

A/N: I didn't want to make Baekhyun seem like he  hated the idea of hanging out with Chanyeol's parents so I had to rewrite the ending a few times. I feel like  I'm missing something with these couples.. What do you guys think? Anyway, im leaving Baekyeol by themselves hehe the other couples will be in the next one~ thanks for reading! Oh and thanks to all my commenters, subbies, and upvoters ! You guys are so kind~!   

Re-edit: So, I should probably ask before I forget so  what would you guys want to see happen in the story? I'd like to hear some ideas <3 thanks~!