...

Bloody Love

 


Byun Baekhyun stares hard at the dinner table in front of him, filled with food made for kings. The tables looks endless as he looks to his right, while the people guests are staring right back at him. He stays rigid by his Grandfather, who is about to stand up and make a toast. There's the noisy buzz of people talking, and it's slowly giving him a headache.

Across him, Luhan is poking at his food angrily. Sehun had to be sent to have dinner elsewhere (along with Chanyeol, Kris, Jongin, Kyungsoo, and Chen to accompany him) due to the fact they were of a different species. Baekhyun was upset that he didn't get to stay with Chanyeol, even though he desperately wanted to.

"Today is a great day, even though the slight problem earlier today had occurred," His Grandfather started saying. The whole table went silent. "I am glad that my Grandson, and his friends, are safe. Let's cheer~"

He raised his glass of blood red liquid, to which the rest of the guests had to mimic. Luhan drank quietly but Baekhyun stared at his glass with a skeptical look. He suddenly didn't feel well.

"Is there something wrong?" His Grandmother asked him, holding onto his shoulder. He smiled weakly before nodding.

"I feel sick, all of a sudden."

His grandparents exchanged looks before looking at the empty seats next to Baekhyun. His parents were supposed to occupy those seats but they had yet to come to dinner.

"Maybe you should retire early tonight," His Grandmother suggested, to which Baekhyun happily agreed. He got up with a apologetic bow to the rest of the party guests, and made his way out the dining room. He went straight for his room, where he was sure Chanyeol would be.

Before he got there though, he saw his parents roaming the halls, holding hands and singing about something or other. He stopped for them, stared as they reached to coddle him like a baby.

"Baekhyun-ah~" His mother cooed, in that heavenly voice she owned. Baekhyun smiled.

"Are you not having dinner?" His father asked, looking from Baekhyun to the way he had came. Baekhyun just shook his head.

"I feel ill, so I'm going to go rest in my room."

"Oh, we were just there." His mother said, with that odd glint in her eyes. She giggled as she clutched his father's arm tightly. Baekhyun only looked at her weirdly. "Your friends had not changed one bit, but your new ones? They seem quite, delectable, don't you think?"

Baekhyun wants to growl and bare his teeth but these were his parents that he was talking to, and even he didn't dare try such a thing.
Instead, he just forced out a smile, and inched past them.

"I'll just see you later, I am really not feeling well."

That wasn't far from the truth.

~~~

"Chanyeol?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you ever find out what those marks on your neck were?" Jongdae asks, looking up from the food that's in his lap. Since Joon, Baekhyun's butler, had given them food (and ordered them to absolutely not eat on Baekhyun's king sized bed) they all sat in Baekhyun's mini lounge of sofas. Jongdae sat on the floor across from Jongin while the rest of them sat on the couch.

Chanyeol shook his head at the question and continued to eat, but Kris, Kyungsoo, and Jongin stopped abruptly.

"What marks!?" Kyungsoo suddenly said, looking at Chanyeol with wide eyes. Chanyeol tilted his head and pulled down the collar of his regular t-shirt (he had changed after assuring Baekhyun he was alive and well) down to reveal the two hole marks.

"Baekhyun failed to mention those." Kris grumbled, leaning forward to take a closer look.

"Where'd you get them from?" Sehun asked, taking interest in the small marks that looked nothing more than red/blueish bruises.

Chanyeol stayed quiet for a moment because he didn't exactly want to say that he was bitten (by Baekhyun, no less) and that he honestly didn't want to tell if Baekhyun failed to tell them that part as well.

"..Do you know what having those marks mean?" Jongin then asked Chanyeol. Chanyeol's eyes widened before he reluctantly shook his head. Jongin shook his head before running a hand through his hair.

"You shouldn't tell." Kyungsoo suddenly said, stopping Jongin from opening his mouth. Silence fell upon the boys as they shushed each other from saying anything they shouldn't while Chanyeol and Sehun looked on confused and curious.

"I'd like to have a closer look, but that would trigger something, even I can't handle." Kris said, sighing as he bit his lips. He stared at the marks for awhile before motioning Chanyeol to come closer. Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows.

What exactly would happen if someone else touched it?

"Don't get too close," Jongdae warned, suddenly tensing. They all knew that he meant business when he was serious like that. But Chanyeol really wanted to understand just what was on his neck, and why it was so bad for anybody else to come close or to touch them.

He did remember the vampire that had attacked him prevously, saying that he was 'marked'. He remembered when he bit him, and his blood made the other guy sputter. What exactly did Baekhyun do to him?

They all watched carefully as Chanyeol and Kris were only centimeters apart now, and they were practically sharing the same air now. Chanyeol can feel his heart beginning to race as Kris nears, breath dancing across the nape of his neck. He jerks and hisses when the marks begin to burn within his skin.

"Kris! You got too close!" Jongdae cried as Chanyeol writhed back in pain. About a second later, the room door slams open and a flash of light comes to his side right away and pushes Kris off the sofa, and right into wall behind it. Chanyeol groans loudly among the gasps and sudden yelling that's filling the room. The pain in his neck is something like a shock collar, zapping him until he's seeing stars.

When the pain soothes enough for him to see what's going on, he sees Baekhyun holding Kris by the neck against the wall. He sees Jongin and Jongdae trying to hold him back but he doesn't move, as if he's rooted to the spot. Sehun watches in horror from the side.

Chanyeol chokes out a raspy, incoherent, sound and quickly gets up, stumbling toward the group of monsters as fast he can. He grabs Baekhyun's arm, shouting a loud 'stop'.

Baekhyun drops Kris, fast.

Kris sputters for air as he recollects himself against the ruined wall behind him. He gasps loudly as Baekhyun looks at his hands with wide eyes. He suddenly bends down to pour out a thousand apologies but then Chanyeol catches his attention.

"Are you okay?" He asks, holding Chanyeol up. Chanyeol nods but he gestures to Kris.

"Help him up."

And that is exactly what Baekhyun does. He helps the both of them up, spouting his apologies to Kris, but Kris waves them away, saying that he knew that would happen and that he was the one to blame.

Later, as Kris holds a large bag of ice to the back of his head, he looks at Chanyeol who is just watching him with a worried expression. Baekhyun had gone to find Joon, hoping to have the wall fixed. Sehun is having trouble believing what happened while Jongin, Kyungsoo, and Jongdae are conversing about Chanyeol's marks and possible consquences of having them.

"Do you know what those marks mean, now?" Kris asked, wincing as he moves the ice bag to a different area of pain. Chanyeol shakes his head and Kris wants to laugh at his density. He sighs as he runs a hand through his hair.

"It means that you're his." Kris said quietly. Chanyeol looked up with wide eyes, suddenly remembering similar words sometime before. "Vampires like to mark their territory, and what's theirs is theirs indefinitely. Those marks on your neck is an example of that."

"So what you're saying is.." Chanyeol starts as his heart begins beating quickly. He gulps as he continues. "I belong to Baekhyun?"

~~~

Baekhyun sighs as he sinks into his comforter.

It's dark in his room (he hates having any sort of light) but he doesn't close his eyes just yet. He stares at the cieling for awhile before sighing heavily. It was quite a day for him and Chanyeol (he's sure the human would agree), and sleep is weighing heavily on his eyelids. He doesn't close his eyes just yet, due to the fact that Chanyeol is sleeping right next to him and his heart is hammering against his chest too hard.

He chose to keep Chanyeol in his room while Luhan has taken Sehun and the others split somewhere else. It wasn't such a bad idea, he supposes. His bed was large for someone small like him, and he enjoyed Chanyeol so much more than he should, and Chanyeol didn't seem to mind, but Baekhyun just couldn't control himself even for a moment.

"Baekhyun?" A voice said, steering Baekhyun out of his reverie of thought.

"Y-Yes?" He cleared his dry throat.

"Oh, just checking if you were asleep."

Baekhyun subconciously smiled before bringing the duvet blanket up to his chest. He didn't remember the last time he fell asleep next to Chanyeol, so something like this was all new to him. Of course, he's had sleepovers with the others at a younger age, but Chanyeol was completely different. Nonetheless, the urges within Baekhyun get the best of him whenever the human was involved.

"Can-Can I ask you a question?" Chanyeol asked.

"Go ahead."

"I-I'm yours, aren't I?"

Baekhyun can feel the whole world slow just as his heart stops. He shoots up straight after a awkward silence, turning his head to Chanyeol, who is slowly getting up.

"What did you just say?"

"They told me." Chanyeol said, awkwardly findling his fingers in the darkness. Baekhyun groans inwardly while running a hand through his hair. He didn't want to tell Chanyeol, at all. How was telling the human he was his 'territory' any good? It made Chanyeol sound like a play-thing, and that was obviously not intended. Heck, Baekhyun didn't even mean to mark Chanyeol. He had only done it based upon the spur of feelings at the moment! "They said that I'm basically territory, and that I belong to you. Is that true?"

Baekhyun swallows and turns, eyes glowing.

"It's true."

Silence falls between them, and it feels oddly cold. Baekhyun sighs as he looks away and runs his hand through his hair again, this time in frustration.

"I'd take it back if I could," He suddenly said. "As of right now, I don't know what I'm supposed to do after marking you, and I'm not fully sure what the marking process is, myself."

Chanyeol stays silent.

"For now, do you think you can stay away from other people? I don't know why I get so crazy, but my senses go into hyperdrive whenever people get near you. I don't want to cause anymore damage."

Chanyeol manages to nod, though thoughts of Baekhyun coming at the speed of light just for him, makes him want to smile. He reminds himself of the damage Baekhyun did to his attacker previously, and of course, Kris. It was all because of him.

Baekhyun smiles softly in the darkness, feeling relief physically lift off his shoulders. He's about to lie back down to sleep but he suddenly feels his stomach growl loudly.

.

"Baekhyun?"

"Y-Yeah?"

"Was that your stomach?"

Baekhyun blushes and nods quickly. Chanyeol muffles a laugh before letting his laughter die down, realizing what that had meant.

Baekhyun had to drink blood.

"I skipped dinner to go see you." Baekhyun explained. Chanyeol wanted to open his mouth to ask why Baekhyun would do such a thing, but he didn't. He was too preoccupied in his sudden train of thoughts.

"I'll just eat tomorrow," Baekhyun sighed, slumping back into his sleeping position. He was far too tired from the day's crazy events, and wanted nothing more than to go to sleep. His throat was very perched, and his body seemed to be humming with a certain awareness towards the human beside him but he forced his eyes shut. He tried to continue ignoring his urge to grab Chanyeol and make the thirst go away by flipping to his side. He doesn't hear Chanyeol lay back down though. His eyes shoot open when Chanyeol speaks again, though it was hardly a whisper.

"...Do..Do you want..Do you want to bite me then?"


A/N

Okay, short update today...

Sorry if this is too short or isn't good, but I tried lol

I'm hoping to make soon, so please anticipate it as well as future chapters. Thanks again to all my subscribers, upvoters, and commenters (and my ghost readers!). I cannot stress enough how much I appreciate your love and support.

See you guys in the next one and don't forget to leave a comment!