Luhan's Mate

Rejected Mate

Author's POV
               Luhan ran as fast as he could along the misty forest.

He didn't feel like going to the club with the other guys, he'd rather take a long run along the forest.

His paws came into a halt when he reached the edge of the cliff.

He breathed hard and his breath turned white signaling that winter is already approaching.

*I really really miss you Mirae. I wish you are here with me. Why did you leave me? You broke our promise to be together forever.* 

Luhan felt his eyes watering up.

His paws grabbed the soil hard until he could feel his vains popping out.

His sharp sense of smell suddenly picked up a familiar scent.

He turned around and saw Minji approaching him with her ears and tail hanging low.

She sat right next to him with her head facing the view.

[What brought you here?] she asked.

[I just wanted to unwind and get a good run. I guess my feet brought me here just like you said.] he replied

Luhan noticed the gloomy aura surrounding Minji.

[What's wrong with you?] Luhan asked.

Minji shook her head and she tried to smile even if it was hard.

[Want to take a run?] She suddenly offered.

Luhan smiled and nodded.

They turned around and ran as fast as their feet could do.

Luhan felt the cool breeze hitting his white and silver fur.

He closed his eyes for a moment and tried to clear his mind from the things that could stress him out.

When he opened his eyes and turned to th right hoping to see Minji beside him.

His eyes widened when he saw that he is currently running alone.

*Where is she? Did I run too fast?*

He looked behind him but still no sign of Minji.

He went back to his previous track and not too long later, his eyes spotted Minji lying on the ground.

Luhan quickly approached her and he used his paws to shake her and wake her up.

When he got no response, he quickly placed Minji on his back and carried her to a safe place.

                       Minji opened her eyes and adjusted to the light that slightly stringed her.

She looked around and realized that she is lying on a bed inside an unknown room.

The room's size is just right and would probably enough to comfortably room 3-4 people in.

The furnitures are all modern especially the fifty inches flat screen tv that is hanging on the wall.

The door suddenly opened and Minji saw Luhan carrying a tray of hot soup.

"It's good that you're finally awake." Luhan said while placing the tray on the night stand.

Minji recalled the event which happened on the forest.

Her eyes widened and she raised the sheets to check her body.

Her jaw dropped when she saw herself fully clothed.

Minji was about to yell at Luhan for being a ert but Luhan talked first.

"Don't worry, I didn't put your clothes on. I asked my maid to do it for me since I know that you'll rip my throat off if I you knew that I saw you ." Luhan seriously said.

Minji blushed with the idea of Luhan seeing her .

*Ugh! You have such a dirty mind Minji!*

"You accuse me too much. I won't rip your throat off, I'll just strangle you until you will rip your own throat off." Minji joked.

Luhan chuckled "I like your humor."

Minji blushed even more.

Luhan blew the hot soup "Here have some soup. I called a wolf doctor to check up on you and he said that you lacked nutrition and sleep."

Luhan fed Minji like a real gentleman.

" I kind of neglected my health for the past few weeks." Minji confessed.

"Why? Where you stressed?" Luhan asked.

Minji didn't know if she could say hey I've been neglecting my health because my mate rejected me.

She bit her lips and lowered her head.

"It's more complicated than that. My decline in health is more of involuntary." Minji indirectly answered Luhan.

"It's about your mate isn't it?" Luhan just hit the bullseye.

Minji's eyes widened *What the?! How did he know?!*

"Your wondering how I guessed it? Let's just say that we are experiencing the same problem." Luhan said.

Luhan picked up his wallet and opened it.

He took out a polaroid photo and gave it to Minji.

It is a photo of Luhan hugging Mirae with the two of them smiling brightly.

"That's....my mate Mirae." Luhan felt a lump in his throat forming.

"She's so beautiful. Where is she?" Minji asked.

Luhan sighed, it's always hard for him to bring back and recall of the bitter sweet memories of him and Mirae.

Minji saw the hesitation and sadness painted on Luhan's face.

"She's gone. She died when the rogues attacked our town." It took a whole lot of strength for Luhan not to tear up while saying that.

Minji felt guilty for asking about Luhan's mate.

"I'm sorry, if it's uncomfortable for  you then let's talk about something else." Minji said.

"No, what's to hide anyway. Her name is Mirae and she is the most beautiful person slash wolf that I have ever met. Consider me lucky because I met my mate when I was only 15." A small smile appeared on luhan's lips as he recalls his love story.

Minji couldn't help but to feel envious with Mirae.

She has Luhan as her mate.

"She is very simple and that's what I love about her. She doesn't over dress nor she over do make up like most girls. She's kinda shy but she could be really vocal when she needs to. She is also fearless and would do anything to save the people she loves." Luhan wanted cry so badly.

"Is she from your pack?" Minji asked.

"No, in our village there are two packs. Exo m and the mist pack. When the rogues attacked our pack was very much ready to protect ourselves but the Mist pack was the opposite. Mirae....was...killed by one of the rogues. I could remember how I was fighting four rogues at a time and suddenly, I heard her cry for my help." Luhan choked on his tears.

Minji pulled Luhan closer to hug him and give him the comfort that he needs.

Losing a mate is much worse that getting rejected.

She could feel her heart beat speeding with the thought of Luhan being so close to her.

"I couldn't protect her, so the rogues deeply injured her. Her neck was bleeding and her entire body was bruised and beaten up. I tried to save her but it was no use. She died a few minutes after the battle ended. I was so depressed and I almost died due to malnutrition and dehydration. Kris talked to me and told me to fix myself. He said that Mirae wouldn't want to see me so broken and lifeless." 

Minji felt her shirt getting soaked by Luhan's tears.

She felt her heart aching seeing Luhan so vulnerable and broken.

She  knew how he felt and she is there for him.

"Ssshhhh...somehow I know the pain that you are feeling. When I was rejected by my mate, I fell into a deep depression too. I wanted to get up and do my daily routin like nothing happened but my wolf won't let me. Until now, I'm still suffering from it and that's why I fainted." Minji finally confessed.

Luhan looked into Minji 's eyes and both of their eyes are watering.

"You know your still lucky, because your mate loves you unlike mine. I thought mates were suppose to love each other no matter what but my mate proved that theory wrong." Minji sadly chuckled a bit.

"Whoever your mate is....he's an idiot for rejecting you." Luhan smiled 

Minji softly smiled "I know."

For the first time, Minji didn't feel all that depressed anymore.

She felt comfortable telling her dark secret with Luhan, even her wolf felt at peace.

She might have found the light to the darkness that surrounds her.