Depression

Rejected Mate

Author's POV
             The following days were not too easy for Minji.

The feeling of being rejected by her mate haven't left her mind since the beginning.

The way her heart throbbed in pain as Kai looked at her in a very unexpected way.

Her knees wobbled and her wolf hissed in pain as those painful words of rejection left Kai's mouth.

Minji locked herself in the room for the past four days.

She would still go to school with her zombie like features due to depression but after school, her room is her next destination.

She couldn't eat well and she couldn't sleep properly.

She didn't really know why the incident weakened her so much and she really wanted to be strong but her wolf is refusing to follow.

Minji could hear the soft cries of her wolf every now and then.

The depression that her wolf is in, affected her just as much.

"Minji, are you sure you don't want to go to the mall with us?" Sulli pouted.

Minji appreciated how her friends tries hard to keep her mind away from the rejection, but having a wolf who thinks about her mate 24/7 makes it very very hard to move on.

Everytime her wolf whimpers, a wave of sadness would crawl all over Minji's body.

She couldn't help but to tear up every time.

"I'm sorry guys but I really don't feel like going out." Minji softly smiled.

Jinho sighed "That bastard! How can he do that to you?! Is he that heartless to reject his mate?!" he frustratingly said.

"Kai is such a heartless bastard. Didn't he feel any spark when he saw you? I'm sure your scent caught him somehow." Henry too is furious.

Minji sighed and she wore her fake smile "Let's not talk about him. I'm going to try hard and move on."

"You know what you will face as the rejected wolf right? Moving on would not be easy." Luna reminded her.

If a wolf gets rejected by his/her mate, she will suffer deep a depression because her wolf will keep on craving for its mate.

The more her wolf craves for the unreachable the more she feels weak and therefore making Minji just as weak.

So Minji will face greater depression in the future and her wish is to not let herself give into depression.

Kai on the other hand will also feel depressed but not as much as Minji.

He will be able to feel some of Minji's depression but not entirely since they haven't kissed yet.

It may seem unfair but that is one of the inevitable rules in a wolf's life.

"I know that, but I'll still try to fix myself up." Minji assured her worried friends.

After much more convincing by Sulli for her to go the mall, her friends finally left leaving Minji in peace.

She felt a little regretful for not going with her friends because the quietness of her room is not relaxing her at all.

Instead, her room brings back her state of depression as the memories of getting rejected flows back to her mind.

Minji could hear her wolf's small cries and whimpers.

Tears started to build up on Minji's eyes and her body grew weaker as her wolf craves for her mate.

She clenched her chest and finally bursted out the tears that she had been holding all day.

.                 It's time for school again and Minji wished that she was glued to her bed instead.

She feels so sick from top to bottom.

Having no proper sleep and meal really affected her health which resulted to her current zombie like feature.

Minji and her friends arrived at the cafeteria and headed to their usual table.

"Minji, aren't you going to buy your food? You'll feel a lot better if you would eat something." Luna looks so concerned.

Minji softly smiled "no thanks! I don't feel like eating anything."

All four of her friends sighed as they headed off to buy their foods.

When they got back, they are carrying their own trays filled with delicious foods.

Jinho took a Spanish bread from his tray and a bottle of water and placed it in front of Minji.

Minji strangely looked at Jinho.

"Don't say anything and just eat. I thought you said that you won't let depression get into you? With what you're doing, you'll die in no time. You look like a walking corpse Minji and I'm sure that your wolf looks a hell lot worse.Now eat!" Jinho nagged.

Minji heavily sighed and started to open the pack of Spanish bread.

The smell of the bread that suddenly attacked her nose made her feel dizzy.

She slowly massaged her temples while breathing hard.

"Minji, are you alright? Do you want me to take you home so that you can rest?" Henry noticed Minji's paler face.

Minji tried to compose herself, pretending that she is alright.

"Uhm...no no I'm fine. I'll just go to the washroom." Minji excused herself.

"Let me go with you." Sulli offered and was about to stand up but Minji told her that it's alright for her to go alone.

She walked past the empty hallways and headed to the nearest washroom.

She felt like puking after getting a major head ache.

She was about to enter the girl's washroom when she heard a loud moan coming from the next hallway.

She didn't want to look at what's happening but a louder moan was heard and her curiosity led her to checking out.

She took a small peep and saw a very heart breaking scene right in front of her.

Kai is ing with a black haired girl whose legs are wrapped around Kai's waste.

The girl is messily while her back is leaning on the lockers.

Minji covered to prevent any sound of depression to escape from it.

She could feel and hear her wolf's cries as the pain engulfed her.

She quickly ran to the girl's washroom and the uncontrollable tears filled her eyes.

*Get a hold of yourself Minji! He rejected you remember? You have no right to act this way!* Minji told herself.

** But he's our mate Minji, and he'll forever be our mate.** Her wolf cried out.

A throbbing pain suddenly filled Minji's head which caused her to puke on the faucet.

She suddenly felt weak and her knees began to fail her.

She fell to the ground and the darkness slowly took over her.

Her eyelids finally fell and the darkness had taken over her completely.