The War

Rejected Mate

Author's POV
                 Today is the battle that everyone is so concerned about.

The wolves planned to lure the hunters to the middle of an open field, far from their territory to protect the children.

They originally planned to attack them at their hide out, but Myungsoo informed them that the other wolves warned him about the hidden traps.

What the alphas did is that they had to play dirty for them to be lured.

They assigned five wolves to kidnap some of the humans and they succeeded by getting their hands on three high ranking hunters and two regular hunters.

The sent out their message  that is telling them to meet with them in the field for the hunters to claim their people.

While the battle is occurring, some of the fighters will attack the hunter's hide out to retrieve the wolves that are held captive.

                   Minji nervously sighed.

Around fifty warewolves have gathered in the open field to finally put an end to the murderous hunters that have been intimidating their kind.

The other ten together with Hoya, were assigned to attack the hide out.

Kai Minji's cheek to calm her down and to assure her that she has nothing to worry about.

Minji calmed down a bit, but it was interrupted when a loud gun shot was heard from a distance.

Flock of birds started to fly away and then the silohuette of the hunters appeared from a far.

Their size is twice the warewolves and they are holding knives and guns that are filled with wolfsbane.

Most of them are men with tattoos covering their arms and neck.

Minji only spotted five women so far and they are buffed with tattoos on their legs and they are wearing very short tops and shorts.

They stopped at about 500 meters from the nearest wolf and Black Smith pulled out a mega phone.

Black Smith is a little tanned and his hair is bald at the center.

He is extremely buffed and he has a big scar on his chest which looks like claw marks.

"It's nice to see you dogs here in such a lovely day." Venom leaked from his words.

The alphas snarled at him and the hunters all laughed like it was just a joke.

Minji's eyes wondered around and his eyes landed on a certain hunter that has his eyes on her.

He is tall and extremely handsome, but his dragon tattoo caught Minji's attention.

Her eyes darkened and she lowly growled *He was the one who killed Sulli and Jinho!*

Kai followed Minji's gaze and his eyes also darkened, he immidietly knew why Minji is so angry.

*That bastard will be my number one target. He should be in my list of kills by the end of the day.* Kai told himself.

"Well, since we are all here to gather...why don't we have a little game. Whoever loses...well....we'll see." Black Smith dropped his mega phone and he grabbed his gun.

His first shot was the signal of the start of the battle.

Luckily the wolf who was suppose to be shot was able to move away so he is safe.

The wolves started to attack the hunters.

The hunters brought out their guns and started to shoot at any wolf.

Some were lucky enough to dodge to bullets but some where very unfortunate and were hit by them.

Minji quickly lounged at one of the guy hunters and he bit his arm for him to let go of the gun.

Once the gun is in a safe distance, she started to tear him off until life escaped from his body.

Before she could stand up, she felt someone kick her side.

She looked up and saw a woman raging in anger as she quickly pulled out a knife from her pocket.

Minji looked at the corps beside her and she realized that this guy is the boyfriend of the woman.

"You dog!! You killed my fiancée!!" The woman tossed the knife at Minji and she quickly ran to the side to dodge it.

The woman brought out a gun and was about to shoot Minji when Kai attacked her from the back.

He tore her limb to limb until she stopped struggling and died.

Kai Minji's nose and told her to be more careful.

Minji nodded and she quickly attacked another hunter.

She killed about six hunters within ten minutes and that made her proud.

She looked beside her and she saw Luhan trying to fight off three hunters at a time.

She leaped towards one of the hunters to help him out.

The hunter grabbed her fur and tossed her to the side.

Minji wanted to chuckle at the lame attempt to out balance her.

She took a big bite on the hunter's arm and then on his legs.

Once the hunter was dead, she glanced at Luhan who is killing the last hunter who was attacking him earlier.

Luhan smiled at her and thanked her for helping him.

Minji smiled back and when she was about to go look for Kai, a hunter sliced her abdomen.

Kai saw this and his eyes widened and his heart nearly stopped.

*No....NOOOOOO!!!* Kai quickly killed the hunter that dared to harm his mate.

After killing the hunter, Kai saw Minji coughing out the wolfsbane from her system.

It was all thanks to the medicine that they injected before the battle.

They all had one spare syringe that is filled with the medicine just in case.

Kai quickly transformed to his human form and went to the nearest tree where he hid Minji's syringe and he injected it to her.

"Minji...please be more careful." Kai whispered to Minji's furry ears.

She his face and Kai smiled in response.

The battle proceeded and so far the wolves have the lead.

They were able to kill at least half of them and most fighters where disarmed.

Black Smith smirked and he signaled Jay to open the fog machine that contained wolfsbane.

All of the wolves started to grow weak and they coughed out the wolfsbane that is entering their body through the form of gas.

Jay had his eyes for a certain wolf all day, he couldn't wait to get his hands on the white wolf.

He remembered how a white wolf killed his mother and killing this white wolf in the battle will be the highlight of his day.

He took out his dagger and took advantage of the weakened position of the wolf.

The fog slowly cleared out which brought Kai back to his senses.

He quickly searched for his mate and he saw her lying on the ground, still weak from being attacked by wolfsbane the second time a around.

He wanted to inject his spare medicine, but knowing that Minji was already attacked by wolfsbane twice, he needs to save it for her just in case.

He was about to stand up when he saw the hunter with the dragon tattoo approaching his mate with a dagger.

His eyes widened and he quickly ran and bit the hunter's arm for him to let go of the dagger.

Jay gave Kai a powerful kick on the side which made him roll over the ground.

Kai made a come back by leaping towards the enemy which caused him to tumble towards the small hill.

Kai's eyes darkened when he saw Jay smiling wickedly as he brushed the dirt from his clothes.

"So....I guess you are her mate? This should be interesting." Jay smirked and he pulled out a gun and pointed it towards Kai.

"Say goodbye....dog." Jay said

Kai closed his eyes just in time when Jay pulled the trigger.

He knew that the bullet will either contain wolfsbane or celestial silver that will kill him either way since he currently has no medicine in his system right now.

He prepared himself for the pain but it never came.

He slowly opened his eyes and his world fell apart after seeing Minji, his mate, lying on the ground with her eyes closed.

*NOOOOO!!!! MINJI!!!* Kai quickly approached his mate and he saw her side bleeding.

Kai eyes darkened and he quickly killed Jay within five seconds by biting off his head.

Jay wasn't able to struggle because Kai was so fast in tearing his neck and then his head.

Minji transformed back to her human form and she is heavily breathing.

She wanted to open her eyes, but it was too hard and the throbbing pain on her side wasn't helping at all.

She felt her body being hugged tightly and because of the comforting warmth, she knew that it is Kai.

"Babe...Babe please stay with me. Don't sleep...please." Minji heard Kai's desperate pleas.

She heard him pull out something and she felt a small needle piercing through her skin.

"Sunshine...the medicine will work soon. Just wait...you'll be okay." Kai softly whispered.

Minji forced herself to open her eyes and she saw Kai bursting into tears.

He looks so scared and broken that it made her want to cuddle him.

"Silver....celestial silver." Minji mumbled.

Kai's eyes widened in horror after knowing that the medicine will not help Minji since it was not wolfsbane that is inside her....it's far more dangerous and that is celestial silver.

He looked at Minji and she is turning really pale by the second and it scares him so much.

Kai tightly hugged Minji around his arms and he started to scream for help.

Luhan saw them and his heart fell after seeing Minji's condition.

He was reminded of the day that he lost his mate.

"KAI!! BRING HER BACK AND GET HER TREATED!!" Luhan shouted at the top of his lungs.

Luhan transformed to his wolf form and he signalled Kai to ride him.

Kai didn't think twice, he quickly carried Minji bridal style and he went on top of Luhan and he tightly hugged Minji to support her.

Luhan ran as fast as he could, hoping that Minji will make it...even if there is a very slim chance that she will live by the end of the day.

Kai caressed Minji's cheek and tears continued to pour out from his eyes.

"Please don't leave me...I love you." Kai voice cracked.

Minji weakly smiled and she used her last remaining ounce of strength to say "I love you too."

Darkness consumed her which made Kai's heart stop for a moment.

His head started to spin "Minji wake up....please wake up...no...no don't leave me" He tried to shake her back to consiousness.

Luhan sadly whimpered, he knows that Minji is no longer awake....and could be dead.

He lost another important girl in his life and like before, he couldn't do anything to stop it.

Kai hugged his mate tightly on his chest and he cried like there is no tomorrow.

His heart broke into billions of pieces and he felt as if his soul is walking out of his body.

His wolf kept on painfully howling and whimpering.

He didn't want to believe that his mate is dead and he tried to convince himself that she just sleeping....but the reality remains.

The thought of spending his life without his mate is very unbearable...he'd rather die than to experience a life without Minji.