Date With My Mate

Rejected Mate

Author's POV
                Minji's sleep was disturbed by her phone ringing.

"Hello?" She groggily said.

"Good morning beautiful. Wake up! And get dressed. I'll take you out on a date today." Kai said with full of energy.

Minji smiled and she checked the clock.

"It's only seven in the morning and aren't we going to Jinho today for the medicine trial?" She said as she stared at the calendar next to her clock.

Kai chuckled from across the line "That's still tomorrow my sunshine. I think your calendar is all messed up. Today is the day where we plan our moves with myungsoo, but that is still in the afternoon."

Minji's eyesbrows crooked "oh...my bad. Okay I'll get ready. When are you planning to pick me up?"

"Uhm...I'll be there in thirty minutes alright? I love you." Kai said.

No matter how many times they've said that to each other for the past four days that they have been together, it is still never enough.

"I love you too." Minji said with a heart warming smile and then ended the call.

She took a warm bubble bath using her favorite vanilla body wash.

After her bath, she grabbed a dress that and her complete attire looks like this.

Her doorbell rang and she went down the stairs as fast as she could but when she got there her mom already answered the door.

*Oh no! My mom doesn't know that I already found my mate.* she internally panicked.

"Yes dear? Who are you looking for?" She heard her mom say.

Her mom is very polite and very nice so maybe she wouldn't really make it a big deal that her only child found her mate.

"I'm here to pick up Minji ma'am. My name is Kai by the way and I am the beta of Exo K." Kai formally introduced himself.

"Oh! It's an honor to have you here. Maybe you will talk about alliance business with my daughter am I right?".

Kai smiled and was about to say something when she interrupted "Mom! Uhm....I guess you two already met."

She approached them and gave them an awkward smile.

"Mom...this is Kai....my mate." She said.

Her eyes widened and she loudly gasped.

"Really?....Omo....did you two just meet? It's so nice that you finally found your mate honey." Minji's mom hugged her and Kai.

"No ma'am it's been awhile since we've met but things just got a little complicated and was just recently resolved." Kai said.

"Please call me mom. Calling me ma'am makes me feel old. Anyways i won't interrogate any longer. You two seem to have a date to go to. It was nice meeting you Kai." Her mom said and waved goodbye as the two of them stepped out of the house.

"It was nice meeting you too mom." Kai waved back with a smile.

"You're mom is great. She is like the typical mom that will bake raisin bread and tuck you to sleep." Kai amusingly said.

"She loves baking raisin breads, but since she is at work most of the time she can't tuck me to sleep. By the way were are you planning to take me?" She said.

"I'll be taking you to a pancake house to get breakfast first." Kai said and took out a car key from his pocket.

He clicked a button and the black Mercedes that is parked in front of Minji's house opened.

"I didn't know that you have a car." Minji said.

"My dad gave it to me when I officially became the beta." Kai opened the door for Minji like a gentleman.

The pancake house was only ten minutes away from Minji's house.

The place looks like a cabin but a little bit bigger.

It looks fresh as it is surrounded by trees and a great place to relax and take a sip of coffee.

When they entered the place, it smelled like fresh baked bread and coffee.

They sat down on the couch that has the view of the forest.

A blonde waitress approached them and she gave them their menus.

"Hello I'm Yena and I'll be your waitress for today." She said while her eyes ogled at Kai.

Minji knew that she is a non mated wolf who is highly attracted to her mate.

She lightly growled at the waitress which caught her attention.

The waitress rolled her eyes and paid attention to Kai who is busy scanning the menu.

"I'll have the chocolate chip pancake coated with Hershey's syrup. What about you babe, what would you like?" Kai asked.

Minji was too busy formulating a plan on how she will kill the that dared to flirt with her mate that she didn't hear Kai.

Kai saw her piercing gaze towards the waitress and he internally smirked.

He softly grabbed her hand from under the table and gave it a soft squeez.

Minji got back to her senses and she smiled at Kai.

"Would you like to have a strawberry pancake with vanilla ice cream?" Kai said.

Minji smiled and nodded.

"We'll have that please. And two chocolate milk shakes." Kai said and then he handed the menus back to the waitress.

When the waitress left, Minji heavily sighed.

"You were totally jealous. It was leaking from your eyes." Kai teased.

Minji pouted "I sensed that she is in to you. You would be the same when another guy looks at me that way."

Kai growled with that idea "No...I'll do something much much worse. I will tear him to bits if he dares to look at you."

"So I can kill that waitress?" Minji joked.

Kai softly chuckled and pinched Minji's cheeks.

"No you can't sunshine. I can't let you be a murderer for me. I'll handle her myself." Kai said.

Minji pretended to be disappointed which Kai found adorable.

The waitress approached them while holding their milk shakes and Minji could sense that her eyes are staring directly on Kai's body.

Kai leaned closer to Minji and quickly captured her lips.

Minji melted once their soft lips touched.

"Ehem....here are your milkshakes." The waitress was beyond pissed.

The two still didn't break their kiss but it only got more heated.

The waitress rolled her eyes and placed the milkshake on their table and walked away.

Kai pulled away and he chuckled "See? That got rid of her."

Minji tried to cover her red face "That was absolutely unecessary. We could have just threatened her."

"Why? You don't like kissing me?" Kai pretended to be a sad child.

"I love doing it with...Uhm......you....wait that doesn't sound right." Minji covered her face in embarrassment.

Kai laughed after hearing that "But honey we haven't done it yet....unless you want to?" He teased.

"Huhuhu.....stop teasing me you know that's not what I meant." Minji whined.

"Okay sunshine whatever you say." He teased further.

After they eat their meals, Kai took Minji to a movie theater.

She mentioned two days ago that there was this movie that she wanted to watch but she was too busy to do so.

It is a chick flick type of movie that Kai despises but he can endure anything for his mate to be happy.

It was hell of a boring movie, but the way Minji smiles everytime there is a sweet part in the movie makes all the suffering and boredom worth it.

After the movie they stopped by in an Italian restaurant to have an early lunch before heading over to Myungsoo's cell.

Minji enjoyed having Kai's company.

"Thank you for taking me out today, I really enjoyed it." Minji said as they drove towards the jail house.

"It's my duty to make you happy sunshine so I'm glad you enjoyed it." Kai said.

                            After they arrived at the jail house they were escorted by the guards towards the visiting room.

They immedielty saw Luhan, Hoya and myungsoo inside.

Luhan gave Minji a warm smile and Minji did the same.

It will take a lot of work for them to not be awkward with each other but hey....it's better than nothing at all.

"So let's start this." Kai said.

"As you all know, tomorrow will be the day when the medicine will be tested on Jinho so all of us should be present, except you myungsoo. If this medicine will work then we can have an advantage." Luhan said.

"So when do we plan to attack? I need to find my mate as soon as possible." Myungsoo said.

"The best that we've got so far is the telephone number of the head of the hunters. We are planning for you to be our insider and tell us everything that you can find in there." Kai said.

"So....I will allow myself to be captured?" Myungsoo clarified.

"Yes, once you're in there you will tell us the structure of the building and everything that is outside. You will also tell us about their weapons that we don't know about and the possibility of them trapping wolves and using them as experiments." Minji explained.

"What about my mate? She'll be saved right?" Myungsoo said.

"If you will provide us accurate informations, we can win the battle and retrieve you and your mate." Hoya said.

Myungsoo nodded "okay...so how will we start?"

"The first part of our plan is to inject you with the medicine that can eliminate wolfsbane from your system and that can only be achieved once it works on Jinho. That will help you get stronger and be more conscious enough to communicate us. Of course that only includes wolfsbane and not other things like celestial silver so be careful." Kai said.

"The next step is for you to be a bait for the hunters so that they will bring you to their hideout. And then you tell us everything that could help us so that we can efficiently attack. So all of our plans can only work if the medicine works on Jinho, if not we would have to choose other alternatives since we can't attack with the possibility of us getting killed by wolfsbane." Luhan said.

Myungsoo heavily sighed and prayed that the medicine will work.

He can't stand being away from his mate any longer.

Suddenly someone called Minji.

"Hello? Sulli why are you......WHAT?!?" Minji started to panick.

"Okay....calm down Sulli I'm sure tha pack doctor can take care of him. We'll be there as soon as possible. Did you call Henry?......what did he say?..............okay we'll be there" Minji gave her orders and dropped the call.

"What's wrong babe?" Kai looked worried.

"Jinho's heartbeat is increasing really fast and his body is shaking. Henry already ordered the doctor to inject the medicine once it is already necessary. Looks like the medicine testing will be done a little early." She said.

All of the betas nodded and went towards Jinho's house.

They prayed hard that the medicine will work or else it will cost Jinho's life and the alliance's chance of winning the battle.