Medicine

Rejected Mate

Author's POV
               When they bursted the door open, the betas already saw the alphas surrounding Jinho's bed.

Jinho was shaking violently and two pack doctors are checking up on his condition.

Luna is consoling Sulli who is crying at one corner.

"Alphas, did they inject the medicine already?" Kai asked.

"Not yet, they are still checking if Jinho's body is prepared for the intensity of the medicine." Suho said.

"Alphas...I think we have no choice but to inject it already. His heart beat is very irregular and can stop any time." One of the pack doctors prepared the medicine.

The alphas nodded in approval.

They slowly injected the yellowish medicine on his arms and they connected the heart monitor to track his heart beat rating.

Just like a miracle, Jinho's heart beat went back to normal and his body stopped shaking.

A purple liquid started to flow out of his mouth just like blood.

"What's going on? What's that purple liquid?" Henry asked.

The doctors took a beaker and collected the purple liquid.

"It's wolfsbane alpha, the medicine is pushing it out of his body." They said with contentment.

After the purple liquid stopped flowing, they saw Jinho's hands twitching.

"He's moving!" Hoya pointed out

Sulli's eyes widened and she ran back to Jinho's side.

"Babe....babe wake up....please." Sulli sobbed and then she kissed Jinho's hand.

Minji had the suddenly held Kai's hand and she gave it a light squeez.

She couldn't imagine what it's like to see your mate so close from dying, well she has....but she would do anything not to see it again.

Kai looked at her and he smiled.

He pulled her closer to him and he wrapped his arm around her waist.

Jinho slowly opened his eyes and he shot up and violently coughed.

"W-w-at-ter." Jinho said.

The doctors quickly passed him a glass of water as they expected him to be very thirsty once he wakes up.

Jinho quickly gulped the liquid and once he's finished, he smiled brightly with contentment.

Sulli cried hard as she gave Jinho a tight hug and covered his face with kisses.

"I missed you so much babe. I love you....O god....You have no idea how much I wanted to say that. I don't know for how long, but for the past days or maybe even weeks, all I see is darkness." Jinho said.

"I love you too pabo, yah! Don't ever scare me like that ever again!" Sulli playfully hit Jinho's arm.

Jinho chuckled and he deeply kissed Sulli.

No one dared to stop them since everyone understood the pain that the couple had went through.

Once the two broke their kiss, the doctors started to question Jinho.

"Jinho, please tell us....what do you mean by all you see is darkness? Were you conscious the whole time but cannot get up?" Pack doctor number one did the talking while pack doctor number two did the encoding.

"Uhm...I don't really know how to describe it. When I fell into a comma I had many forms of dreams so it was just like falling asleep,but after a couple of dreams later it just stopped. Everything was dark and I was pretty sure I was conscious. I tried a couple of times to wake myself up but nothing happened. My only companion was the voice of my wolf who was also desperate to wake up. And just recently I started to feel an unbearable amount of pain that sent my wolf howling. The pain was so grueling that I can't feel the presence of my wolf anymore. Then after that the pain just stopped and before I knew it I already opened my eyes." Jinho said.

The doctors started to panick.

"Did you say...you can't feel your wolf anymore?....oh god." Pack doctor number one said.

Everyone looked confused.

"Doc...is something wrong with Jinho?" Henry asked.

"We are still not sure, but Jinho can you try shifting?" Pack doctor number two said.

Jinho nodded and he tried shifting, but nothing happened.

Everyone looked confused "Jinho....you can start now." Luhan said.

Tears started to pour out from Jinho's eyes "I....I can't....my wolf.....I CAN'T SHIFT!!"

Sulli quickly hugged Jinho to calm him down and she whispered assuring words to him.

"This is bad...we had already predicted this. The wolfsbane had already been in his system for too long that it killed his wolf. I'm sorry to say this Jinho...but you're human now." That made everyone gasp.

"NO....NOO!!! I CAN'T BE HUMAN ! PLEASE TELL ME THAT'S NOT TRUE!!" Jinho started to trash around.

Sulli held him tight, but she too was crying.

Everyone looked down in respect to Jinho.

For a warewolf to lose his inner wolf is like humans losing their souls.

It is very devastating and rarely happens

"no....no....." Jinho continued to sob in his mate's arm.

"But....is it safe to use the medicines? We will need the medicine for our future battle with the hunters." Kris asked.

"The medicine is safe and it can be consumed  before the battle but it is a one time use. Once you get hit by a wolfsbane weapon, you need to consume another round of the medicine." Pack doctor number two explained.

The alphas sighed in relief.

"Okay, since the medicine worked we can send out myungsoo first thing tomorrow morning. We need all of the inside informations that we can get before we formulate our battle plan." Henry said.

"How can we communicate with Myungsoo? I'm pretty aware that the natural mind linking ability of wolves disappeared four generations ago." Minji said.

Yes that's right.

Werewolves used to have an ability to talk to each other through their minds, but somehow this ability started to become rare among ware wolves during the 1700s and then soon after it completely disappeared.

"We developed a machine, much like a communication center. Once a wolf drops his blood and the computer analyses it, we will be able to hear him through the computers." Sunggyu explained.

"So make sure that myungsoo will pass by the communication center first to get his blood sample before you send him off. Give him clear instructions with regards to the use of the communication device." Suho said to the betas.

"Yes alpha." Kai responded for the group.

                          The next day, myungsoo was escorted my the betas and two other jail guards towards the communication center.

There, the alphas gave them the final plan and all of the informations that they must gather.

After talking about the full plan, they took a few drops of Myungsoo's blood and scanned it through the computer.

All of the betas as well as the alphas gave their blood samples just in case.

{Hello? Can you here me?} Kai said in his mind.

The speakers started to produce Kai's voice which amazed everyone except the alphas.

{This device will only be used for emergency purposes. As for now we will use this to communicate with myungsoo.} Kris said.

Henry approached the mic that is attached to the computer, he pressed a button and he said "Myungsoo can you hear me in your mind?"

Myungsoo's eyes widened as he heard Henry's voice inside his head.

{Y-Yeah...so is this how this works? You guys will verbally give me instructions and I will respond and hear you guys through my head?}

"Basically yes." Henry said through the mic.

{Okay...well....will you hear all of my thoughts? Like everything that I am thinking?} myungsoo panicked a little.

"Uh....no...that's a little disturbing. You can actually mentally block it just like how we block informations in our mind whenever a boring teacher speaks, but of course you will not be allowed to block it once you are with the hunters. We expect you to leave the line open so that we can communicate with you 24/7." Suho plainly said.

"Once you block it, we can't hear you but you still can hear us." Sunggyu said

Myungsoo sighed in relief.

One of the pack doctors approached myungsoo and he injected him with the anti-wolfsbane medicine.

"That will protect you from wolfsbane,but it's only a one time use. Once they injected you with wolfsbane, you can't let them inject you with another one or else you'll die. Make sure you act sick alright?" The pack doctor explained.

Myungsoo nodded and felt his shoulder getting a little heavier because of the medicine.

"So myungsoo....are you ready? Do you remember the plan?" Henry asked.

"Yes...I'll keep you updated as much as I can. What...what if I die? How will you know?" Myungsoo asked.

"The computer will put a red light next to your picture which signs death. We just hope that it won't happen too soon or else everything will be a fail." Suho said.

"Betas...please myungsoo up to the safe edge of the forest and then leave him once he is captured. Make sure to update us through the mind link." Sunggyu gave his orders and the betas nodded in unison.

Myungsoo walked towards the forest along with the four betas.

The cool weather gave him goosebumps and the anxiety that he is feeling made it a lot worse.

When they reached the entrance of the forest, he turned around to face the betas.

"Good luck myungsoo...stay safe. Remember to keep your mind present at all times." Minji said with a smile.

"I will...thanks again for helping me. I will do my best to return the favor by giving you all of the informations that I could gather. I have one request before I go." Myungsoo softly said.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Please....please make sure that my mate gets out alive. It doesn't matter if I die...I just want her to be safe. Please prioritize her during the rescue." Myungsoo was close to tears as he was reminded of his mate.

"We will...you can count on it. We will do our best to keep her alive for you." Minji said 

Myungsoo smiled and somehow he felt a little better.

"Thank you....and...if ever I don't make it and I still don't get to see her up to my last moment...please tell her that I love her very much and I want her to live happily for me." Myungsoo said.

That made almost made Minji burst into tears.

She could feel the pure love myungsoo has for his mate.

He is willing to die if it meant keeping her safe and alive.

Minji nodded "I'll tell her that."

Myungsoo nodded and he faced the forest.

He slowly walked away from the betas to meet the devils that will capture him soon.

When he reached the middle of the forest, he heard footsteps approaching him.

A handkerchief was placed on his mouth which caused him to faint.

He wasn't surprised though, he was actually relieved that his capture is not as painful as he imagined.

Back where the betas are, Minji sadly sighed after confirming that Myungsoo is already unconscious.

The communication center already confirmed Myungsoo's state.

Minji prayed hard that myungsoo is fine and he will be able to get out alive.

             Myungsoo slowly opened his eyes and he found himself in a dark cell.

He pushed himself up to look at his surrounding.

{Hello? Is anyone there? I'm up and I think I am in an underground cell.} Myungsoo sent his message.

{Myungsoo, this is Henry. What do you see around you?} Henry sounded a little relieved that Myungsoo wasn't killed yet.

Myungsoo searched around {It's a little dark, but I could see more cells in front of me. There...there are people here...but I guess they are wolves too.}

Myungsoo looked at the guy in the cell across his.

He is sitting on the darkest corner of his cell and his eyes looked depressed.

His hair is messed up, his clothes are torned and he has a few deep scratch marks.

{I knew it, they are taking other ware wolves. Listen, you need to talk to one of the wolves there and ask him what the hunters are doing with them. Tell me as soon as possible.} Henry ordered.

Myungsoo wanted to roll his eyes after recieving an order from a different alpha.

{Okay, I'll just mind link you after I get the infos.} he said.

Myungsoo walked towards the bars and he looked at the guy in front of him.

"Uhm...Can I ask? What's your name and why are you here?" He said a little awkwardly.

The guy slowly looked at him and myungsoo saw how empty his eyes are.

"My name is Woohyun and I'm here because of my mate." The guys softly said.

Myungsoo's eyes widened "You're here for your mate too? Do hunters really go out and take mates to use as baits?"

"Yeah...they do it very often alright. Those heartless bastards use our mates to make us do things we will surely regret." Woohyun sounded very angry.

"Where is your mate? Why are you here doing nothing?" Myungsoo asked which offended Woohyun a little.

Woohyun glared at him and said "She's ing dead! They killed her!! They promised to return her to me once I killed my alphas but they didn't!! They shot her with celestial silver bullet in front of me and left me here to suffer!"

Woohyun started to trash around and cry his heart out.

Myungsoo swore his heart almost stopped.

The thought of his mate dead killed him inside.

"Th-They...killed her?" Myungsoo stuttered.

"If you are here planning to save your mate...don't bother. She's probably long dead already. They don't let them live long." Myungsoo said.

Anger started to rise on myungsoo "SHUT UP!!!NO NO SHE'S ALIVE!! NO!"

Myungsoo grabbed the bars but he screamed in pain and he fell on the floor.

He looked at his hands and saw them burning red and his skin is scalding.

"It's silver you idiot. Do you think they will let you escape?why do you think they don't keep guards around here?" Woohyun said with full of sarcasm.

Myungsoo burried his face on his knees.

His heart was aching more than his burned hands.

He wanted his mate to live...but right now, he is starting lose hope.