Mission: Persuade The Alphas

Rejected Mate

Author's POV
.                    Luhan opened the door of Minji's room and he saw her studying on her bed.

"Do you have a test that you are preparing for?" Luhan asked then he sat down at the edge of the bed.

Minji quickly closed the notebook containing all of her and Kai's plans to help myungsoo.

"Uh...yeah, I have an exam in physics tomorrow." Minji excused.

She felt bad for lying to Luhan, but she needs minimal people who knows about her plans.

"Oh, go back to studying. I'll just be here watching you."Luhan said.

"I'm done. Actually I was just about to fix things up and call you." Minji said.

She stuffed her notebook and pen on her bag as quick as possible.

She eyed Luhan for any signs of suspicion but she quickly sighed after seeing his neutral look.

What she doesn't know is that Luhan could feel her strong nervousness.

"So, how did your visit with myungsoo go yesterday?" Luhan asked.

"Uhm....it was okay I guess. Myungsoo still refuses to tell us who the kidnappers are. The only thing that we were able to confirm is that he was really forced to kill the alphas. Well...that info is pretty useless since we already know that." Minji lied.

Minji felt so guilty for lying to Luhan.

*It's not that I don't trust him. It's just that....the way he refused help me....I don't really know if he is on my side or the alpha's.*

"So what do you plan to do to help him if he doesn't want to speak? Do you want to visit again and this time let me come with you." Luhan offered.

"No...no thanks. He'll just keep his mouth shut the whole time and it will only be a waste of energy." Minji said.

Luhan nodded, he could feel something weird as if Minji is hiding something from him.

"Princess....are you hiding something from me? I just had this feeling that you are." Luhan questioned.

"No...I'm not hiding anything. Why would you think that?" She tried to act as natural as possible.

"I don't know....weird." Luhan said.

Luhan sighed and he lightly hugged Minji.

He burried his face on her neck as he inhaled her beautiful scent.

Oh how he wished that he could smell Minji's true scent, the same scent that Kai could smell.

"I love you..." Luhan whispered which sent goosebumps on Minji's skin.

Those words sounded so beautiful for Minji.

She cupped his face and made him look at her directly in the eyes.

Minji saw fear prevailing on his eyes, he is scared that Kai might take away Minji from him.

Minji gave Luhan a passionate kiss filled with emotions.

She broke the kiss and she sincerely said "I love you too."

*But I think you're not the only one that I love anymore. I'm sorry....I fell for Kai so quickly that I didn't even notice. I'll try my best to retain my feelings for you...but I think that will be very hard as long as Kai is around.* 

After four hours of talking, watching tv and cuddling the two finally called it a day.

"Wear something pretty this Saturday. I'll take you out on a date." Luhan said and then kissed her forehead.

Minji suddenly felt excited for this Saturday.

"Okay."

After Luhan left, a soft knock was heard on Minji's window.

She thought that it was Luhan who is trying to pull the same stunt that he did a few days ago, but she was surprised after seeing Kai standing in front of his window.

"What are you doing here?" Minji asked.

"I thought that it was probably a good idea for us to talk about myungsoo. The deliberation of the alphas will be next week so we have no time to lose." Kai said.

"Okay....but what is that for?" Minji pointed at the bucket of cookies and cream ice cream on Kai's hand.

"You can't really expect me to come here empty handed right?" Kai teased.

Kai quickly stepped inside Minji's room and he wiped off the leaves that are stuck on his shirt.

He loved how his mate's room is covered with her scent.

It's like she is using a cologne made just for her scent.

He sat on the floor and opened the bucket of ice cream and then he gave a spoon to Minji that he kept on his jacket's pocket.

Kai took a big bite from the ice cream scoop and so did Minji.

Kai couldn't help but to look at Minji's cute face as she devoured that ice cream.

"So I was thinking...that we black mail the alphas." Kai said.

Minji nearly chocked on her ice cream "Are you insane?! Do you want us to get kicked out of our packs?"

"No I don't mean black mail as in hunters using celestial silver black mail, but instead it is more of a trade. We use the information about the celestial silver and the smoke in trade with Myungsoo's life." Kai said.

"No shiz Sherlock, I already got that one all thought up. What we need is a plan B just in case they won't listen." Minji said.

"You're right, alphas could be stubborn sometimes." Kai started to put on his thinking cap.

They thought in silence for a good old 30 minutes until a light bulb appeared on top of Minji's head.

"Kai...have you ever taken drama class?" Minji said.

Kai suspiciously looked at Minji with the sudden odd question.

"No, why?"

"I think I just found our solution." Minji sheepishly smiled.

                         The alarm suddenly went on once all of the alphas have gathered in one room.

"What happened?" Henry said to one of the guards who are preparing for the upcoming attack.

"We don't know alpha. The alarm just started to ring. We are currently preparing for the attack." The river pack guard said.

All of the alphas went out of the room and out of the building to see the commotion.

One of the guards handed him an envelope and said "We saw a mysterious man dropping this envelope. He is wearing a black mask so we didn't get to see who he is."

Henry opened the envelope was taken back after seeing his mate kneeling and tied up in the picture.

"Where is he?" Henry tried to contain his anger

"I'm sorry alpha but he escaped." The guards informed

Henry flipped the picture and saw a message that says : "Go to the heart of the forest. Bring no guards. Just bring yourself and all of the alphas with you. We could sense if you brought an additional troop with you. Don't make a mistake alpha, or else your mate will pay for it."

"AAAHH!!!" Henry shouted and anger.

"Alpha Henry, what happened?" Kris asked from behind.

"Someone stole my mate." He started to shake in anger.
      
             The alphas already arrived at the heart of the forest as agreed.

They didn't bring any guards with them, but they are staying at the border of the forest and they will attack once one of the alphas howl.

Henry immidietly saw Luna kneeling down the ground with her hands tied up.

She looked okay, with no signs of injuries.

"Luna!" Henry shouted.

He ran towards her but he stopped his track after a guy wearing a black jacket and black mask appeared from the side.

All of the alphas tried to smell this stranger, but it seems like his scent is oddly neutral.

It doesn't have any traces of wolf scent nor human scent.

He quickly took out a knife that looked like it is made from celestial silver.

The masked man placed the knife on Luna's neck which angered Henry.

"What do you want!? Let my mate go!" Henry shouted his alpha order.

The masked man rolled his eyes and tightened his grip on the knife and brought it closer to Luna's neck.

Luna whimpered in fear which got Henry even more nervous.

Another masked stranger appeared from the trees and they were able to see that she is a female based on her figure.

She brought a white board and a white board marker with her to communicate.

"You will follow everything that we will tell you." She wrote down and showed it to the alphas.

"Don't be a wimp. Speak you morons!" Suho yelled.

The masked woman erased her previous writings and she started to write a new one.

"All of the alphas sit down on the ground." She wrote.

Suho scoffed "You have no right to order us. We are alphas of this alliance and we listen to no body."

The masked man brought the knife closer to Luna's neck and she started to cry.

It broke Henry's heart with every tear that comes out of Luna's eyes.

"Please! Please alphas, just this once. They'll hurt my mate...please." Henry begged.

The alphas sighed and they all started to sit down on the ground.

"Do you think we could just attack. There's four of us and two of them." Sunggyu whispered to the two alphas.

"He is holding onto alpha Henry's mate's life too closely. If we attack, he could easily kill her." Kris said.

"Good." The masked woman wrote.

"Will you do anything as I say alpha? Anything at all just to save your mate?" She wrote

Henry didn't want to toss his pride away, but his mate's life depended on it.

"Tell me what you want. Just don't hurt my mate." Henry said.

"Will you really do anything for your mate?" She wrote.

"Yes...I will." He said.

The masked man and woman internally smiled in victory.

The masked man loosened his grip around Luna's neck and he tossed the knife to the ground.

He started to untie Luna and once she is free, the unexpected happened.

"Henry, I'm so touched." Luna said dramatically.

Henry felt confused, why is his mate acting like this when the kidnappers are just behind her?

The masked kidnappers took off their masks and all of the alphas nearly gasped like high school girls.

"Beta Minji and beta Kai?" Henry couldn't believe his eyes.

"What the is going on?!" Suho shouted from the back.