Changing

Rejected Mate

Author's POV
         Kai's isn't in his usual self for the past two weeks.

He stopped flirting with girls and he stopped drinking alcohol.

He would spend most of his time running at the forest and dozing off.

He would talk less and his body isn't in the perfect condition for the past two weeks.

His wolf would constantly cry which caused his entire body to feel depressed.

Him and his wolf wouldn't get over the fact that they were able to hurt their mate.

Exo k and Exo m with the exception of Baekhyun felt like something happened to Kai for him to act so unusual.

.           Exo walked along the hallway, taking every girl's breath in the process, with the exception of Luhan who went to school with Minji.

After what happened between Minji and Kai, Luhan didn't take any chance of leaving Minji alone when Kai is around.

Minji would constantly shake in fear everytime she sees Kai.

What happened greatly traumatized her.

Kai would always feel depressed and disappointed with himself everytime he sees Minji's scared figure.

The way she would tightly hug Luhan's arm everytime her gaze locks onto Kai would send a pang on his chest.

He couldn't stand the thought of his mate scared of him.

Sehun lightly tapped Kai's arm to get his attention.

"Bro, we'll go clubbing tonight wanna come? The cute brunette would always ask about you. She is your favorite on the bed." Sehun said.

Kai heavily sighed, like always he didn't feel like clubbing.

"I'll pass....I'm not in the mood to bang and get drunk." Kai lazily said.

"How about you eat Kai? You haven't touched your lunch and you barely ate anything during recess. You might collapse any time." Baekhyun said as he pointed at the untouched ramen bowl.

Kai slowly shook his head and he lowered his gaze "I'm not hungry."

"Dude! What's wrong with you? You look so down and you refuse to do the things that you usually do." D.O placed his arm around Kai's shoulder.

Kai looked up to face D.O but his gaze ended up seeing Minji smiling at Luhan.

He felt sick from the bottom of his stomach.

He felt guilty, disappointed, angry, sad and much more.

He decided that he needed to remove the guilt that had been eating him alive.

Kai stood up from his seat and he received questioning stares from his pack members.

He walked towards Minji's table with a nervous heart that feels like it is about to burst anytime.

When he reached their table, he immedielty saw Minjii shaking in fear.

Luhan quickly went in front of her to serve as her protection.

"Get away, you're scaring her." Luhan firmly said.

Kai's eyes never left Minji "I'm not here to do anything harmful to her. I just want to talk to her."

Luhan scoffed "Really Kai? You think she'd want to talk to you after what you've done to her?"

"She's my mate hyung! I have the right to at least talk to her." Kai said a little bit loudly which caused the nearby tables to look at them.

Whispers filled the cafeteria, the amazing and alright Kai had finally found his mate.

The humans on the other hand were all confused with what Kai is talking about.

Luhan's stare pierced Kai's skull "The moment you rejected her, you have destroyed your right to be her mate."

What Luhan said sent aching throbs on Kai's chest.

At that moment, he had completely forgotten that he rejected Minji from the start.

"I...I know...I just want to talk to her." Kai softly said.

Kai looked at Minji in the eyes and hoped for her to agree to his plea.

This is the first time he is giving up his ego for anyone or anything, and Kai is starting to think that it is useless.

Minji hid her face behind Luhan's back which disappointed Kai.

"No, get away before I do something to you. Can't you see that she's scared of you? Do you want to extend the damage?" Luhan said.

Kai sighed *No...I guess I don't want that.*

"I can't believe I'm saying this in public but...Minji I'm sorry. What I did was wrong and no one deserved the treatment that I gave you two weeks ago....especially you since you're my mate. I know that apologizing won't get me on your good side, but at least you know that I'm not entirely a jerk. I'm not expecting you to forgive me since even I can't forgive myself. I may have rejected you but you're still my mate and hurting you should not be in my book. I'm sorry..." Kai said as he cleared his heart.

He looked at Minji and was greatly disappointed that her face is still planted with fear.

Kai could feel tears forming on his eyes.

*Aish!why is this making me cry?! I never cry for anyone!*

Kai quickly ran out of the cafeteria before any drop of tear fall from his eyes.

He didn't want to appear weak more that what he already is.

After Kai left, the cafeteria was filled with gossips regarding the latest scandal.

Minji felt an invisible heavy weight being placed on her chest.

The way Kai looked at her awhile ago made her heart break.

She admits that she hates Kai for rejecting her, but she still loves Kai as her mate.

She believes that the invisible bond is responsible for this inevitable feeling of love towards Kai.

The bond....and nothing more.

On the other hand, exo's table is turning ballistic with what just happened.

"Did Kai just announce to the entire cafeteria that he found his mate? In front of HUMANS?!?" Suho looks really angry.

Kai just placed the entire werewolf race in danger.

Humans are not allowed to know about the existence of humans.

They could be highly dangerous because hunters belong to the same category of specie.

"Don't worry, I got it covered." Kris said and then snapped his fingers.

Blue smoke surrounded the humans and in no time they started to talk about other things as if they forgot abot what Kai said.

"I have special powers like you Suho. I have an alpha blood like you remember?" Kris said in a duh-how-can-you-forget tone.

Suho forgot that Kris has the power of mind control.

He can either make someone forget or remember things that never really happened, like hallucination.

Kris can also control someone through his mind which comes really handy during battles, but for now he can only control one mind at a time.

His powers will get stronger once he becomes the official alpha and once he finds his mate.

Suho has the power of producing force fields.

Like Kris, he can only protect one person at a time but it will soon get stronger.

Having powers is only one of the perks of having an alpha blood.

Suho was able to sigh "Thanks Kris, it would have been a great disaster if you weren't here. Gosh! How can Kai be so careless?!"

"Calm down hyung, as you saw awhile ago Kai just found his mate and I don't think that they are in good terms right now. His mind must have been really messed up." Baekhyun pretended like he knew nothing.

"Wow...and I thought Luhan hyung can finally be happy. He looks like he's really into Minji." Tao said which got everyone's attention.

Tao looked at the entire exo who looks completely clueless.

"What?....are you guys serious? It's so obvious that Luhan hyung likes Minji. The way he looks at her is almost the same way he looks at Mirae." Tao defended.

"Well that's some deep . True mate versus new found love." Chanyeol said dramatically.

"Not really, Kai doesn't look like he wants Minji as his mate. You heard him! He said that he rejected her so Luhan hyung has no problem." D.O said.

"Two wolves trying to overcome depression by having each other. Wah~ so romantic." Chanyeol said with full of sarcasm.

Baekhyun slapped the back of of Chanyeol's head which got him irritated.

"I don't know about you guys but I think that this drama will be popcorn worthy." Chen said with a big smile.

Everyone agreed and proceeded back to eating.

                  Kai found himself walking out of the school grounds.

His mind is blank and tears that threatened to fall are now completely dry.

He didn't know why Minji is affecting him too much when he clearly shows no interest in her in the beginning.

The way Minji trusted Luhan more than her mate pains Kai.

The fear in her eyes wouldn't leave Kai's mind.

He thought that apologizing will clear his mind and conscience but no...it got a lot worse.

He was able to see in a clearer view the damage that he had done to his mate.

He wrecked her, he destroyed the possible trust that might bloom in the future, he finally realized that he is a stupid excuse for a mate.

He didn't want Minji, but why does his heart and wolf feel the other way around?

A familiar scent lingered his nose and his head quickly turned around.

From a distance, he saw Minji and Luhan looking deeply into each other's eyes.

Kai felt a strong pang on his chest with the idea of his mate falling for someone else.

He tried to convince himself that he didn't want Minji and the scene in front of him is nothing.

He tried hard, but when Minji's smile grew wider he had the finally straw.

He is finally determined to get his name on Minji's good book.

He no longer want his mate to hate him, hate is such a strong word.

For now he really wants Minji to notice him as a good person or at least a decent person and not someone worth her death glares.